Which set-top box is best?

153 views 3 replies
Reply to Topic
franksmith1863

Total Posts: 194

Which set-top box is best?
Posted 17 Sep 2023

freestown7 says
Hello! My favorites are MAG540 and MAG540w3 https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag540/ because they are Linux STBs powered by the quad-core ARM Cortex-A35 CPU with a brand new Amlogic S905Y4 chipset. This hardware makes the model much more powerful than the legacy STBs. What is more, now you can use them with your older portal versions too. So, simply give them a try
Posted 18 Sep 2023

With MAG520, operators can guarantee uninterrupted service. Infomir's API ensures easy integration of the device into any project already using MAG set-top boxes. Integration of MAG520 and MAG520w3 with third-party middlewares and DRM/CAS is available upon request.
Posted 21 Sep 2023

Franklee says
It depends on what country you are in and the operator that you are on because there are thousands of set-top boxes made by hundreds of companies.Personally I am biased but I believe Humax have made some of the best boxes. They have made some mistakes but they are still a company with great integrity and good engineering.Arris has excellent engineering, I am not sure about their software stack being as good as others but their scale is huge and their build quality is good.
Posted 21 Sep 2023

Reply to Topic