Posted 11 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
dona [^]
Posted 11 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
YES I AGREE MARYAM AN FFM!
Posted 11 Sep 2003

nishu007 says
i am counting the anti indian topics like this.
Posted 11 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
rude !!! what is that supossed to mean. it s just that the censors have taken a bow and now people in india are not told what they should watch and what they shouldnt. it s as simple as tht. i agree the lingo has become more profane but it s ok cause people talk like that in real life. it s all good. sex was never an issue and now it s just blatant. 2HOT4U IS TOTALLY OUTTA HER ROCKERS HER IF SHE THINKS THEY ARE GETTING CHEAP AND SHODDY cause maybe that s the reason they are the toast of teh world rite now. i think we ve made a major paradigm shift and are more stark and explicit then we were. that is so kool.
Posted 11 Sep 2003

nishu007 says
pakis first buy some good quality camaras to shoot their flims. and then worry about bollywood.ok?
Posted 11 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
i personally think bollywood has gotten much more tolerant like ricky boy says. they have made some movies which cross a line here and there (in my opinion) but its a part of their culture so its all good. they're allowed to watch what they want, and thats the bottom line, right?!

but ricky boy, you mentioned in this post and in others that bollywood is the 'toast of the world.' might i ask - with all due respect - what world is this!? no doubt bollywood has come a long way, but you're the one whose being dellusional if you honestly belive that they're better than HOLLYWOOD - which is the REAL toast of the world. again, bollywood has gained noteriety thoroughout the years for sure, but to insinuate (which is what i think you're doing, otherwise disregard this message) that they've de-throwned the current champ as the worlds best??? common man...get real. they're not in hollywood's league. maybe someday, but not now. and as long as they 'borrow ideas' (more so than visa versa) from tinsel town....they won't be the toast of the world. just stating a fact: HOLLYWOOD IS BETTER...don't mean to offend anyone, ricky boy included. if you think otherwise, or if you didn't mean bollywood is better than hollywood by stating what you stated (bollywood's the toast of the world)....then simply igore my message, and please feel free to elaborate!
Posted 11 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
so are u a holly wood proponent now nfak . well argument accepted . it s just the lingo factor that s stopping us, but never the less i think our media s production values are 2nd to hollywood and we r on our way . our cinema is not a competetion to holywood and would never be . it s just a different concept of moviemaking which is steadily makin a dent at the international scene. we make 10 times teh # movies hollywood makes and course it s reach is only second to hollywood which is not a bad deal , wont u agree nfak?
Posted 11 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
no doubt...i agree. bollywood is indeed making its mark on an international level. it's the only entertainment industry which can even be considered as competition for hollywood. it stands out and i admire it for this.

lollywood's not far behind tho. LOL. (J/K). in all seriousness, lollywood's not even on the same stratosphere as the big 2, but we shine musically, and hollywood/bollywood know it! u can admit this, no?!

(sorry 2 everyone for going a little off-topic).
Posted 11 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
COURSE NFAK. UR BANDS ROCK !! I VE SEEN EM ALL IN INDIA -- JUNOON, STRINGS, ALI HAIDAR ETC..
I LL TELL YA THIS -- AS POP MUSICIANS JUNOON AND STRINGS ARE A RAGE IN INDIA.. BUT MY PERSONAL FAV ( BEIDES THESE TWO) IS THE FAT BOY SAMI. HIS IS ONE OF THE MOST AMAZING VOICED I VE HEARD . HE JUST CROONS MAN. I THINK U SHOULD PUSH UR MUSIC VEHEMENTLY . ANY OF THE POPULAR # THAT THE INDIAN ARE AWARE OF WILL NEVER BE COPIED, OTHERWISE THERE WOULD BE SOME MUSICIANS WHO WILL LIFT IT IF THEY KNOW THAT THE SONG S NOT HEARD OUTSIDE PAK LAND. I WANNA KICK THEIR ASSES TOO, BUT PLAGARISM I GUESS IS A PART AND PARCEL OF SHOWBIZ BUT ONLY THOSE ARE THE REAL GREATS WHO HAVE THEIR OWN VISION. ULTIMATELY IT BOILS DOWN TO BASICS. NOT EVERYBODY IS DOIN WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO , THE RIGHT WAY. SEE HOW HOLLY WENT CRAZY COPYIN THES LOW BUDG.. JAPANEESE MOVIES. WELL ATLEAST THEY PAY FOR THE RIGHTS. THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE ARE NO FORMAL MEDIA RELATION BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES, PIRACY AND PLAGARISM ARE THE SYMPTOMS BUT NOT TEH DISEASE. I THIN ITS HIGH TIME PAKISTAN SHOULD ALLOW INDIAN ENTERTAINMENT TO ENTER OR ATLEAST LAY CLAUSES TO IT BUT I DUNNO IF UR CINEMA HAS AN INDUSTRY STATUS , DOES IT?? IF A SONG IS USED THER OWNER SHOULD BE COMPENSTAED AND SIMILARLY IF DVD'S ARE MADE THEY SHOULD BE DONE SO LEGALLLY, I WOMDER WHAT FUN IS IT WATCHING PIRATED DVD'S .
Posted 11 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
so we finally agree on something eh, ricky?!

janoon and strings are cool, but FUZON's hot right now. classical and pop/rock blended to a freakin tee! simply awsome!

adnan sami's cool too. he's over HUGE in india and pakistan. i don't see the big deal tho. (i'm probably going to hear it for this one, from all sides). lol. but he's aiight...

its strange eh? pakistani's are not 2 familiar with indian singers (outside of bollywood) and indians are not 2 familiar with pakistani actors/actressed. lol. ah well...we each shine in our respective category, no?!

as far as copyright laws go, i don't mind if india copies pakistan or visa versa. like u said, it comes with the territory. all i'm saying tho, is give credit where credit is due. don't copy somone and say 'oh i didnt copy so and so...i was simply inspired by their music...' meanwhile the song has the same beat, the same tune, and the same lyrics! thats not fair. nusrat was often a victim of this, and he said it best: a true artist works days upon days and pours their heart and soul into their music, while it takes the plagarizer only one day to steal their work and present it as an original. thats not right at all...just give credit to the rightful people, in any country.

i don't think lollywood has any laws governing what music they use and consequently give out. sad but true.

i do know of one case tho, where shabnum majeed sold the rights to her smash hit song 'dil cheez hai kiya jana' to bally sagoo, who then re-mixed it, and re-sold in london, india and pakistan to make some mad cash! collaborations like this are productive for all parties, wouldn't you agree? everyone gets their due credit, race, religion, country and so on, aside.

and pitrated movies, are indeed not the same as the original. but like u said right...it comes with the territory unfortunately. video games r the same 2 a certain extent...shame eh?
Posted 11 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
collabration is a grrrrrrrrt theory nfak but i dont think ur government is gonna buy it. it s just pure business . these guys make a Sh**load of cash anyways so i dont think they have a problem buyin rights if ur government agrees. why is it doin it ?? i dont think our media is that offending .and people are not stupid . i dont think a government should tell people what they can do or not. but i guess they have their own compulsions.
Posted 11 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
PATA NAHI!!!
Posted 12 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
copyrights aside, our music reaches a global sudience one way or another. u need 2 look no further than NFAK to see that.

i'm just guessing here, but maybe the pakistani government (and the indian government) thinks its better 2 ease political tentions b4 buying/selling rights 4 each other's music, and thats why they have not agreed to such an issue (minor in comparison, no?). while its no big deal for some, since its only the entertainment industry, others might think both countries have bigger issues to settle b4 the buddy-buddy stuff can take place. i don't know though...just a suggestion. i'm not musharraf or vajpai. who knows what either is thinking. music is music.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
I M SURE IT IS THAT . U KNOW ALL THIS IS NOT VERY SHARPLY DELINATED. IT KINDA SPILLS OVER . SURE IT DOES, BUT THERE ARE MAJOR BUSINESS CONCERNS TOO. THEY DONT WANT TEH INDIAN MEDIA CAUSE IT WAS OVERRBEARING MASSIVELY OVER THE LOCAL. UR VIEWERSHIP SWUNG AND U KNOW THAT NFAK. ONE OF THE OTHER MAJOR REASON BESIDES CULTURAL INVASION AND 'VULGARITY' AND POLITAICAL VENDETTA WAS THE ECONOMIC IMPLICATIONS. I KNOW U R THE KINDA PERSON WHO WILL STAUNCHLY LIKE WHATEVER UR COUNTRY PRODUCES ANDI ADMIRE YA FOR THAT. THE RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES CAN STIFLE POLITICAL RELATIONS AND STOP FLIGHTS AND HALT THE BUS DO WHATEVER IS UNDER GOVT.S CONTROL BUT WHEN IT COMES TO ARTS AND MUSIC AND ENTERTAINMENT THATS WHERE ONE DRAWS A LINE.. IT IS SO UNRELATED.. THAT S WHAT I DONT LIKE BOUT UR GOVT.. THEY JUST CANT TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN SEE OR NOT SEE. THAT S INSULTING TO PEOPLE.. NOW DONT TELL ME NFAK THAT PEOPLE IN PAKISTAN DONT WANNA SEE INDIAN MOVIES OR TV CAUSE A SIZEABLE PROPORTION DOES..
Posted 12 Sep 2003

desibaba says
Wats up with your all CAPS postings Ricky..
Posted 12 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
i just got louder desibaba.lol
Posted 12 Sep 2003

nishu007 says
i love these pakis pop singers
but there is a bad news... some ppl are thinking that if our bolly is banned in pak than we shl also ban paki music.
i wish that not happens
Posted 12 Sep 2003

nishu007 says
lollywood is growing????what???
lol lol thats a good joke..
Posted 12 Sep 2003

wonderboy says
quote:
Originally posted by nishu007

i love these pakis pop singers
but there is a bad news... some ppl are thinking that if our bolly is banned in pak than we shl also ban paki music.
i wish that not happens

I don't think that it would happen. India is not like Pakistan. :)
Posted 12 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
no doubt, you have yet another point ricky. i agree totally that the line should be drawn when it comes to arts and music. we can choose for ourselves. but pakistan is not the only country to practice this. belive it or not, canada does the same to a certain extent. up here we're not allowed to have a dish network satellite system, which is our only way of getting pakistani/indian channels as well as american ones. if our local cable operators were to pick up these stations, maybe they'd keep their customers. but they refuse to do so, AND they're trying to pass a law preventing us from aquiring a U.S. satellite system. me being canadian, i hate this. i need my american channels and ESPECIALLY my PTV Prime. i'm forced to have these illegally. its the Sh**s. so i know how many pakistani's might be feeling...they want the freedom to watch bollywood, and they should be allowed. they have a converter to switch channels if it gets to risky. so to that end, you're right abt the pakistani government.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
i m sure the govt . have their own resons and they will spell em out with equal conviction... it s just that i personally feel that a govt. s job is adminstrative and besides that it shouldnt ***k around with what people should do or not do. the thumb rule is that competition spurs improvement. what was india 2 decades ago- nothing.. but since the time we opened our markets, our media and our minds it has made a major paradigm shift.the last generration was on it s way but this one has made the transition.. anyways nfak i m still waiting for u to tell me how i can get a hold of some kool pakistani movie.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

MR PERFECT says
indeed, competition spurs improvement. who knows tho, there might be a solution some day...lets just wait and see.

as for 'cool lollywood movies' i'm not sure if u're being sarcastic. but you claim 2 be a movie buff, and u back it up, so i'll start u off.

b4 i suggest which movie u should watch tho, you gotta keep some things in mind. this ain't bollywood. if u decide to watch a pk movie, don't look for qualtiy, mind-blowing locals, or elaborate sets and so on. only recently have we started to concentrate on quality (camera, sound, etc.) lol. critique the acting, music and the storyline primarily. you probably won't be disapointed in this regard.

that being said, theres only 1 movie which has been mind-bogglingly popular in pakistan and abroad, despite the above mentioned flaws. that movie is: CHOORIYAN. it was made in 1998 and shattered every possible lollywood record in terms of collections, running time, and so on. you could get it at almost any indian/pakistani video store. its simplicity won people over. keep that in mind!

another movie is YEH DIL AAP KA HUWA. it is yet 2 be released on dvd or home video, but its set to hit north american theatres sometime next month. this one DOES compare to bollywood movies all across the board, from what i've heard. lastly, the latest movie is Larki Punjaban. it will be released fairly soon in the US/UK/Dubai and Canada, and lollywood's banking on this one. it too compares to bollywood in every possible category from what i hear.

so there's 3. keep me posted if u really do watch one. u seem like a fair guy when it comes to movies, so i'll be waiting to read your comments.
Posted 13 Sep 2003

Reply to Topic