Mohabattan Sachian

2831 views 32 replies
Reply to Topic
MR NICE

Total Posts: 1124

'Mohabtaan Sachian' will definitely change the image of the Punjabi cinema in Pakistan in a very positive way.
This was maintained by film producer and director Shehzad Rafique in an exclusive interview with Metro.
Shehzad was leaving for Mumbai, India, where he said he would complete the background music of ‘Mohabtaan…’. The editing and dubbing work of the film is already complete.

When asked why India, Shehzad replied, “Well, if you want quality in your film’s postproduction work, you ought to go abroad for that. Other countries are very expensive, so we opted for India.”

Shehzad revealed that ‘Mohabtaan…’ was a DTS film. It is produced by a US-based electrical engineer turned film maker Chaudhry Shafqat who, Shehzad said, had long had to face criticism on Pakistani movies. ‘Mohabtaan…’ will be released under the banner of 'Sound Vision Production' in May this year simultaneously in India, US, Canada, UK and Pakistan.

Interestingly, this is going to be the first Pakistani Punjabi film whose songs have been recorded with Bollywood singers in India. Shehzad said that Wajahat Attrey had composed some great melodies for Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal, Sunidhi Chauhan and Richa Sharma. Riaz ur Rehman Saghar has penned the lyrics.

The third-time director said that ‘Mohabtaan…’ was a love story made in Punjabi language that was without a ‘gandasa’ or ‘lacha kurta’.

“It’s a film about the urban-based youth of today, and it must carry that flavour,” he declared.

“Since our hero and heroine play students, we shot a major chunk of the film in Azad Kashmir University. Besides, we shot extensively in Kotli, Mirpur, Kalam and Lahore.”

The film stars Veena Malik, Babrik Shah and newcomers Adnan Khan and Maria in the lead. Zahid Saleem, Rashid Mehmood, Ali Ejaz and Naghma Begum play supporting characters.

The story concept is by veteran TV producer Ayub Khawar, while Pervez Kaleem has scripted the dialogues and screenplay.

In reply to a query, Shehzad said that the image of Punjabi films had taken a beating over the last few decades, and the urban youth and families did not like to go to theatres for watching them.

“Earlier, we used to make timeless movies like ‘Heer Ranjha’, ‘Mirza Jutt’ and ‘Dil Laggi’. But, the Punjabi movies of today are mostly loud and rowdy. But, I can assure my audiences that there will be no such elements in 'Mohabtaan Sachian'.”

Shehzad said that he did not believe in quantity, rather he focused on quality. “That's why I have directed only one film in two years.”

He also made a fond mention of such legendary film directors of South East Asia as Yash Chopra, Gulzar, Majid Majidi and (the late) Nazrul Islam.

It may be mentioned here that ‘Mohabtaan…’ is Shehzad’s third directorial venture. His earlier films include 'Ghoonghat', 'Nikah', 'Rukhsti' and 'Salakhein'.
Posted 17 Jan 2007

MR NICE says
I can't wait for this film. Its nice that after a long time a quality Punjabi film is set in a urban background instead of the villiage backgound.

Hats of Shehzad Rafiq also for introducing new faces to the silver screen in the form of Adnan and Maria.
Posted 17 Jan 2007

~tasha~ says
sounds gud!
Posted 17 Jan 2007

wafakadard says
main kahaan say lay kar dekhooon ghaaa
Posted 17 Jan 2007

Abrardh1 says
Yes cant wait to see this film, also parts have been shoot at Azad Kashmir,
Posted 17 Jan 2007

release kab hogie?
Posted 17 Jan 2007

Abrardh1 says
~Don~ said:

release kab hogie?

It is going to release inshaalah in May
Posted 17 Jan 2007

hope so...
Posted 17 Jan 2007

Hoppo says
Well it sounds good But Im not too sure its another love movie again! Im notputting u lot down but the directors should change the topic. It can flop coz people seeing the same thing again and again will get bored. Well doesnt matter Im going to watch anyways ha ha !
Posted 18 Jan 2007

Hoppo said:

Well it sounds good But Im not too sure its another love movie again! Im notputting u lot down but the directors should change the topic. It can flop coz people seeing the same thing again and again will get bored. Well doesnt matter Im going to watch anyways ha ha !

first watch the movie
Posted 18 Jan 2007

sound kewl...
Posted 20 Jan 2007

yoyo says
top director, top film should be smash hit like majajan
Posted 22 Jan 2007

aanizdabst says
lol i dought it that it will come out in may lol i doght it that it will eva come out in UK. lol i dought it that it will eva come out this year......!!!!!!!
Posted 26 Jan 2007

Abrardh1 says
aanizdabst said:

lol i dought it that it will come out in may lol i doght it that it will eva come out in UK. lol i dought it that it will eva come out this year......!!!!!!!

Why you dought it that it wont release this year.
Posted 26 Jan 2007

whkhan says
A good punjabi film ?
Have you seen a pig fly ?
Anybody capable of making a good film wouldn't make a punjabi film .
Punjabi films are mostly watched by morans !
And only a moran director and producer would make a punjabi film for this market.
An intelligent pro would make an urdu movie suitable for all Paks .

Posted 04 Feb 2007

too early to say
Posted 04 Feb 2007

aanizdabst says
Abrardh1 said:

aanizdabst said:

thoses people well lets say the SO CALLED DIRECTORS in the past who have claimed that their movie will release in certin month or certin date .. am sorry to say but none of them have never been true to their words they always deley their film rlease for one or the pointless reason.. so yes am sure that this will REALEASE ON TIME...
Posted 06 Feb 2007

MR PERFECT says
unless saima's in it and its punjabi, the movie'll be a flop...!
Posted 06 Feb 2007

Abrardh1 says
aanizdabst said:

Abrardh1 said:

aanizdabst said:

thoses people well lets say the SO CALLED DIRECTORS in the past who have claimed that their movie will release in certin month or certin date .. am sorry to say but none of them have never been true to their words they always deley their film rlease for one or the pointless reason.. so yes am sure that this will REALEASE ON TIME...

There are many reason that a film can not be released on the date that they say, such as Censorship being one of the problems.
Posted 06 Feb 2007

yoyo says
whkhan said:

A good punjabi film ?
Have you seen a pig fly ?
And only a moran director and producer would make a punjabi film for this market.
An intelligent pro would make an urdu movie suitable for all Paks .

B]A good punjabi film ?
chooriyan
mehndy wale haat
nikki jay ya
and recent blockbuster majajan

SYED NOOR

whole of pakistan is morans

syed noor is moran
all these new talented film makers making big budget punjabi films are morans?

An intelligent pro would make an urdu movie suitable for all Paks
again same answer as above

top 5 grossers of pakistan are punjabi films

chooriyan being the biggest grossing pak film with 38 crores, which is about 6 times more then biggest urdu grosser ydakh which was at 7 crores, also keep in mind chooriya had ticket price of Rs.10 while ydakh had price of over Rs.100, there for viewership was more then 500 times more then ydakh, whole of pakistan watched chooriyan

SO YES I HAVE SEEN PIGS FLY, I SEE THEM FLY EVERYDAY,
Posted 07 Feb 2007

whkhan says
well YOYO , i have watched all the films you mention except majajan .
And I have to say they are all load of crap .
As for majajan , I have watched the songs on PTV and that
was enough to put me off the film .
sounds like granma Noor Jahan is back from grave .
For your info not all PAKs understand punjabi and so don't watch punjabi movies .
A small minority of low IQ people do watch these films again and again .
There are no talented film makers making punjabi films .
YDAKH was a quality film and worth Rs.100 , no punjabi film is worth even Rs.10 .
Personly I will support urdu movies because they are for all PAKs ,punjabi movies aren't .

Posted 07 Feb 2007

aanizdabst says
Abrardh1 said:

aanizdabst said:

Abrardh1 said:

aanizdabst said:

There are many reason that a film can not be released on the date that they say, such as Censorship being one of the problems.

agian Abrardh1 jee not being rude or anything but the directors and producers should at leats sort the cencership or what ever sorted out first before announcing random dates for the release... they should think about the cencership first before they actually take the film on the floor... if u knw wat i mean... those directors and producers who leave these kind of stuff as last min work are not PROFESSIONAL they are just IDEOTS wanna be PROFESSIONALS....
Posted 08 Feb 2007

MR PERFECT said:

unless saima's in it and its punjabi, the movie'll be a flop...!

Posted 10 Feb 2007

Gauri Khan says
Posted 11 Feb 2007

Posted 13 Feb 2007

wafakadard says
yeh kya emoticons ki bat hoo rahi hai
plz try not to do that
Posted 14 Feb 2007

hope will be diff punjabi movie
Posted 24 May 2007

whkhan said:

well YOYO , i have watched all the films you mention except majajan .
And I have to say they are all load of crap .
As for majajan , I have watched the songs on PTV and that
was enough to put me off the film .
sounds like granma Noor Jahan is back from grave .
For your info not all PAKs understand punjabi and so don't watch punjabi movies .
A small minority of low IQ people do watch these films again and again .
There are no talented film makers making punjabi films .
YDAKH was a quality film and worth Rs.100 , no punjabi film is worth even Rs.10 .
Personly I will support urdu movies because they are for all PAKs ,punjabi movies aren't .

totally agree
Posted 25 May 2007

lets see
Posted 25 May 2007

w q malik says
ATTENTION PLEASE DEAR WHKHAN

U COULD HAVE EXPRESSED YOUR FEELINGS IN CERTAINLY DIFFRENT WAY........IT SOUNDS BIT RACIST!!!!!!!!!

REGARDS
Posted 25 May 2007

yoyo would prefer watching punjabi movies coz he doesnt understand urdu..
Posted 25 May 2007

Reply to Topic