3807 views 121 replies
Reply to Topic
T.O__Raptors

Total Posts: 40

Some new Images!

Underconstruction in Karachi -Skyscraper.com

Posted 11 Sep 2003

**Sorry for the bad Quality!***

Pakistan's Tallest for a LONG time! MCB Tower, which is 5m taller now takes the title, though this is still my favorite!

Karachi is a city in southern Pakistan, and the capital of Sindh Province, on the Arabian Sea, at the northwestern edge of the Indus River delta. The hub of a sprawling metropolitan area, Karachi is the nation's largest city and its chief transportation, financial, commercial, and manufacturing center. Most of the international trade of Pakistan and landlocked Afghanistan pass through the city's busy modern port, centered on the island of Kiamari. Major highways and railroads focus on the city, and the modern airport here is a stopover and refueling point for intercontinental flights to more than 40 airlines. Among the many products of Karachi are steel, textiles, chemicals, refined petroleum, footwear, machinery, handicrafts, and processed food. The city also is an important banking center and has a stock exchange. The University of Karachi (1951) and NED University of Engineering and Technology (1922) are here. The tomb of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, founder of Pakistan, is a landmark.
An old settlement, Karachi was a small fishing and trade center when captured by the British in 1839 and annexed three years later. Under British rule, it became the chief outlet for Indus Valley cotton and grain exports. After Pakistan became independent (1947), Karachi was the new nation's capital until it was replaced by Rawalpindi in 1959. During the early years of independence it grew rapidly as the chief port and industrial center of West Pakistan, and many Muslim refugees from India settled here.

Population - 5, 180, 562 (City)
Population - 12, 435, 343 (Metro)

K.S.E. (Currently above 4000.00 pts!)

I'll post more later.
Posted 11 Sep 2003

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Posted 11 Sep 2003

http://www.skyscrapers.com/files/transfer/6/2002/12/176939.jpg
Posted 11 Sep 2003

Posted 11 Sep 2003

sweetie says
absolutely beautiful

havent been to pak for such a long time

feel like going there NOW

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Mani says
WHERE DA HELL IS DJ GOVT SCIENCE COLLEGE YO?
Posted 11 Sep 2003

sweetie says
u studied there?

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Mani says
yo
u see the fifth picture up fron here...da last pic in rapsters las t post....dats a classik....u see da green glass building...dats preston uni ...5 months....good memories...pretty memories....and ma uncle used to live just round it too......used to chill out iwd buds under da brigde...hmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Mani says
bloody helll.....ive been to every place in this post
:D
Posted 11 Sep 2003

sweetie says
wowwww
awesome

so u used to live in pak??

Posted 11 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
NICE NICE BEAUTIFUL!
Posted 11 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
Karachi is the best...nice i mean very nice pictures...man i'm missin my home town now...
Posted 11 Sep 2003

sweetie says
oh so u're from karachi.. nice

Posted 11 Sep 2003

Mani says
Lived there?
In ma heart, iN ma mind..im still there...alwayz.
Just came to this god forsaked place for a bit...
Im da original punk from karachi yO!

U probably think karachi is a real ruff place where no one wants to go but i assure U, U aint never been to a place like karachi
Cuz wen we dont do fake bling bling, keep it real 24/7

I mite be going there next month
Posted 11 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
yup, i'm proud to be from karachi...so many ppl hate that place, for no reason, i love it for alot of reasons...[:D]
Posted 11 Sep 2003

desibaba says
Dont mind . but I Dont think after looking at these pictures that they are worth bragging about. I think if this is what you are baragging for. Karachi has a long way to go.
Pls see. ..no flaming .. just my opinion.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
karachi still better then mumbai kid, we don't have ppl livin on the streets everywhere... no offense just my opinion...
Posted 12 Sep 2003

desibaba says
ahhh... dont get me started. Why do you guys make such Jack a** comments. I think You guys shud really go up and look on the net about Mumbai and India and see the development to believe it. I know that You would not have that oppurtunity to collect the knowledge sitting in Karachi. Because the Media there is not allowed to write positive about India.
The fotografs posted above are proof enuf. We wudnt even call these pictures development or beauty. these would resmble the Bad and ugly portion in Mumbai and delhi.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
man you're such a loser, at one point u hate pakistan, and the other side, still talking about pakistan, if your great bhindia, i mean india is so nice, then go talk about india make a topic for india n talk there ite...or else shut your mouth...
Posted 12 Sep 2003

desibaba says
I dont get yur Point. Your moderators are here beggin for not talking hatred. then you come up and talk about hate. I hate to write it down but you forced me to..
YES I DO HATE PAKISTAN > it stinks. the people there stink. I just wanted to get that message clear to you. what you are bragging about is a actually a matter of shame. Grow up.
I know truth pinches. So have a heart.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
kid dont thing if i'm a MOD i aint gona say ne thing, if you're gona bark for no reason...then imma put u in a leash...

go talk about india, and the beauty of your country, AIDS lol...have fun kid...keep barking u are shameless kid...
Posted 12 Sep 2003

jani420 says
Bander road se kimari deikha hai hum ne pura karachi
I waz born there at Karimabad metenity home on aug 25th 1983 at 4pm

shots out to all ma peeps in Nazimabad,Chorangi,Golimar,Garden,Ransholein,LeeMarket,AgraTaj,
Kharadar,Mithdar,Filmistan,Karimabad,Saleemabad and Rahimabad.
Posted 12 Sep 2003

desibaba says
I dont understand your problem. You start it up. You start saying bad words. and then you ask me to Shut up. Someone posts some pictures asking for everyones comments. I was just offering my view. Why do you have to get all hot. I know everyone loves there own native land. Come on You dont have to be ashamed of your city.
You dont hvae to boil if some else doesnt like Karachi. Simple.
And please dont give those lame threats of banning me. Just coz you have power to do so. Have some guts. argue it out on the boards fair and clear.
quote:
Originally posted by AyeshaKhan_Fanatic

kid dont thing if i'm a MOD i aint gona say ne thing, if you're gona bark for no reason...then imma put u in a leash...

go talk about india, and the beauty of your country, AIDS lol...have fun kid...keep barking u are shameless kid...

Posted 12 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
lol hahaha come on man you're playing a game on my by being all innocent about it... hahaha listen kid i aint gotta bann u, it aint my job, neither imma mod of this forum...so chill out

i haven't even use any bad language, so how could i be a hater, i'm just debatin to prove your point wrong...aint none wrong with that...think before u type kid
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Mani says
AigHT
Thought i said no personal attacks ba no one....
Anyways....U mite be rite desibaba about these pics not showing real karachi..but its between su guys cuming from karachi...see it s all about the love...dese are da places that have been there for ages and we have all done awara gardi there all our lives so theres this thing...values i guess......u respect that now bub

and blv me the pics i have seen of mumbai etc had me thinking da same u thot bout karachi...maybe worse...but u really cant tell once u have been there can U?

So yah
jus chill.....

And yes we hate india too.

Posted 12 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
kewl pics @ T.O_Raptors
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
that's love T.O...keep it up...keep us connected to our city...[:D]
Posted 12 Sep 2003

Reply to Topic