Hello all!

2508 views 15 replies
Reply to Topic
nsreed

Total Posts: 2

Just wanted to say Hi!

I am not a pakistani btw...I am an Indian, but currently living in the U.S.
Well some of you maybe wondering what brought me here? I was
browsing few forums and it linked me here. TBH, I have been trolling this
site for quite a while now and getting a taste of your culture here. I
finally took the time and effort to register!

It's quite interesting to see Pakistani's share a lot of things common to
India yet we are made to feel so apart. Going by the posts here you guys
seem to enjoy the same taste in movies, music as much as my fellow
Indians do. I am guessing you guys know quite a bit of Indian culture in
that way. Alas, we as Indians know absolutely nothing about yours. It's
shameful I know.... Actually in retrospect its quite disappointing...
Indian and Pakistani culture being so culturally close while even though
something as silly as religion divides us it's a bond which CAN never be
broken. You know when you wonder that Americans here have close ties
with their neighbors - like Canada or their ancestral land - Europe they
have cultural links. It always wondered me being an Indian - is India the
only country where I can see my reflection of my culture? Pakistan? Def.
no - "It's an hostile enemy" repeatedly purported by the government and
politicians. I really hope one day in the future we can break the shackles
of religious and political stiffness and be extremely close friends - just
like God wanted us to be. Being an Indian someday in the future I
definitely would want to travel to another country and experience some
kind of my own culture in a free manner and likewise the opportunity for
a Pakistani to visit mine.

In the end, I just want to say I'm glad to be here.
Posted 11 Aug 2007

kewl!.. nice to see you here!
Posted 11 Aug 2007

welcome to jb family
have fun
Posted 11 Aug 2007

Cute Girl says
welcomeeeee to JB
enjoy ur stay n have loads of fun
Posted 12 Aug 2007

Fairl_Girl says

Posted 12 Aug 2007

new_beau says
Dear NSREED,

Welcome to JB Family....

Few of your views are not satisfying to me. Please allow me to clarify some aspects.

RELIGION:

You said " something as silly as religion divides us"....I completely disagree with this. Whoever has really a religion and is in practice, knows very well that its not a silly thing. Yes Religion is one of factors which aparts us. But the main thing is we should respect eachother's religion. We can ask questions to know more in a positive way. But No comments.

Being togather doesn't mean we should "MERGE" our Values and forget about the basics. Being togather is to respect eachother, know about eachother. It means Keep your belief and dont comment on others.

Country with the same Culture

I love that song from VEER ZARA Movie

"Aisay hee des hay mera, Jaisa Des hay Taira"

We are almost near to each other. But Not Exactly the same. This is thing which attracts us both to know about eachother. We are different in religion but clos eto cultural values. We are different in Written Language. But almost the same in Speaking. We are Different in Words but almost same in expression of the feelings.

Knowing More about each other

As you said that Pakistanis Know more about India and Indians than Indians know about Pakistan & Pakistanies.
The reason is education system and the way you get it. In Pakistan, We do read 1965 & 1971 & Kargil War Stories with a pakistani point of view. But Our education system doen't tell us to hate. It teaches us a VALID REASON to understand and convince that why We made PAKISTAN. Why the biggest migration in the history of Humanity happend. Why the Noble Mr. Gandhi & the Noble Mr. Jinnah was unable to reach a decision to undivide Indian Sub Continent.

Where as (as per my personal knwoledge gained from my Hindu Friends and colleagues), Indian Education System starts from THE ATTACKS OF MAHMOOD GHAZNAVI. From the start, It tells the stories of AFGHANIAN, IRANIAN & IRAQI Warrior's stories. Whom came to India several times to attack and to LOOT the treasures of India. (As per Indian School Books). After creating these scenerios in the mind of a school boys, Then the story of Pakistan comes. So the result is there what you know.

LIVING ABROAD

Living in the Middle East, Uk, Europe, Usa or Canada is different. I have many good friends from India, Hindu, Muslim, Paarsi, Budhist etc. Few of them were with me in Saudi Arabia, Few are still with me in Dubai.

We always discuss all issues including Kashmir. We never get annoyed from each other. Because we always lood into all matters, Wars, Culture, Relgion and all other with a realistic aspect.

We do go for eat out togather. we do respect the Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian Colleagues.

In short, Its all about respect, Getting Togather doesn't mean Merging Togather.

""""Few Last Lines from one of my Poems""""""

"Vinay Kumar Verma kay Janam Din Per"

;;;Last Lines;;;;

Apnay aap ki hamainn Pehchaan rehna hay
Tumhainn Jeena ho ga, ban kay Bharat
Aur mujh ko Pakistan rehna hay
Insaniyat ki magar hamainn Jaan rehna hay
Hamainn Insaan rehna hay
Hamainn Insaan rehna hay......

Posted 12 Aug 2007

~tasha~ says
welcome to jb
Posted 13 Aug 2007

MrDeath says
new_beau said:

Dear NSREED,

Welcome to JB Family....

Few of your views are not satisfying to me. Please allow me to clarify some aspects.

RELIGION:

You said " something as silly as religion divides us"....I completely disagree with this. Whoever has really a religion and is in practice, knows very well that its not a silly thing. Yes Religion is one of factors which aparts us. But the main thing is we should respect eachother's religion. We can ask questions to know more in a positive way. But No comments.

Being togather doesn't mean we should "MERGE" our Values and forget about the basics. Being togather is to respect eachother, know about eachother. It means Keep your belief and dont comment on others.

Country with the same Culture

I love that song from VEER ZARA Movie

"Aisay hee des hay mera, Jaisa Des hay Taira"

We are almost near to each other. But Not Exactly the same. This is thing which attracts us both to know about eachother. We are different in religion but clos eto cultural values. We are different in Written Language. But almost the same in Speaking. We are Different in Words but almost same in expression of the feelings.

Knowing More about each other

As you said that Pakistanis Know more about India and Indians than Indians know about Pakistan & Pakistanies.
The reason is education system and the way you get it. In Pakistan, We do read 1965 & 1971 & Kargil War Stories with a pakistani point of view. But Our education system doen't tell us to hate. It teaches us a VALID REASON to understand and convince that why We made PAKISTAN. Why the biggest migration in the history of Humanity happend. Why the Noble Mr. Gandhi & the Noble Mr. Jinnah was unable to reach a decision to undivide Indian Sub Continent.

Where as (as per my personal knwoledge gained from my Hindu Friends and colleagues), Indian Education System starts from THE ATTACKS OF MAHMOOD GHAZNAVI. From the start, It tells the stories of AFGHANIAN, IRANIAN & IRAQI Warrior's stories. Whom came to India several times to attack and to LOOT the treasures of India. (As per Indian School Books). After creating these scenerios in the mind of a school boys, Then the story of Pakistan comes. So the result is there what you know.

LIVING ABROAD

Living in the Middle East, Uk, Europe, Usa or Canada is different. I have many good friends from India, Hindu, Muslim, Paarsi, Budhist etc. Few of them were with me in Saudi Arabia, Few are still with me in Dubai.

We always discuss all issues including Kashmir. We never get annoyed from each other. Because we always lood into all matters, Wars, Culture, Relgion and all other with a realistic aspect.

We do go for eat out togather. we do respect the Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian Colleagues.

In short, Its all about respect, Getting Togather doesn't mean Merging Togather.

""""Few Last Lines from one of my Poems""""""

"Vinay Kumar Verma kay Janam Din Per"

;;;Last Lines;;;;

Apnay aap ki hamainn Pehchaan rehna hay
Tumhainn Jeena ho ga, ban kay Bharat
Aur mujh ko Pakistan rehna hay
Insaniyat ki magar hamainn Jaan rehna hay
Hamainn Insaan rehna hay
Hamainn Insaan rehna hay......

do not worry about him or his comments... he is not gonna come again to this forum...
anyways welcome...
Posted 13 Aug 2007

eshajam says
WELLCOME TOhave fun and enjoy yourself but remember my eyes are watching U
just kidding E.N.J.O.Y..........!!!
Posted 14 Aug 2007

BisMa says
welcome
Posted 14 Aug 2007

nsreed says
Thank you all. My computer was down since a few days so I couldn't login to
the internet. But glad to be here!