Premiere of MEDLKA in UK!

3261 views 58 replies
Reply to Topic
afridi_hasnat

Total Posts: 1187

According to Jawad Ahmed it was good and people liked it.
Yaar plz give us updates those ppl who have said tht they will go at premiere.
Posted 25 Aug 2007

anyone from Uk have seen it ??? any update?
Posted 25 Aug 2007

aanizdabst says
no it was not shown in nottingham??? i think they said next week!!!!!!!!!
Posted 26 Aug 2007

w q malik says
When I entered the cinema building I was firstly encountered by two posters featuring the lead actors. Then I took escalators to go upstairs and I came across the GEO team interviewing the guests and photographer of Daily Ausaaf who was also busy in taking pictures. After sometime the producer Shoaib Alam walked in along with Pakistan High Commission, Local Asian MPs and some UK Asain media personalities. Later the much awaited music director Jawad Ahmed rushed in and gets himself gathered by his fans for pictures and autographs. Last but not the least film heroine walked in and had the picture opportunity. But I must say Jawad Ahmed was the only most attended person in the premiere.

As far as the film was concerned it was welcomed by the laughters right after ten minutes of the movie when love scene started between Ahmed Butt and heroine, as the dialogues and the film treatment was very old as Bollywood 80s. People also laughed at their peak when Nadeem calls at Ahmed’s House number and heroine tells him that Ahmed no more lives here and puts the phone down. After listening this Nadeem goes to Ahmed Butt and tells him, THEY HAVE OCCUPIED YOUR HOUSE AND BUSINESS ILLEGALLY……how he judged the whole story even if never knew the patient before??????????.

The movie was poorly directed by one of our legendary directors who have made several masterpieces in the past like LAZAWAAL, DEHLEEZ, HESAAB etc. The treatment was so old and didn’t make sense at all for example in the last scene when Hamayun Saeed kills the lady by pushing her down the hill, he looked as he was trying to cope with his emotions and suddenly other heroine walks in and he starts smiling.

Nadeem’s role was so short which was not the justice with the audience especially when u have projected the legendary actor of the industry on the poster, they really let the audience down as Nadeem was only used to increase the face value of the movie. Rest of the actors were fine especially Hamayun Saeed, Jawed Sheikh, Saba Hameed and others.
The second heroine was there for no reason with her ugly looks and very poor dancing skills. Songs direction were just average. The only thing you can praise about was the music and songs by Jawad Ahmed, rest of the film was total crap as the audiences couldn’t stop laughing till the end….what an embarrassment for the producer sitting next to us. A good film could have been made even by the same story.
Most of the people who saw the movie are coming up with the same negative feed back.

We must get rid of BOLLYWOOD anaesthetics now, as it is time show something PAKISTANI with its own identity and style. There will be no place for such movies any more which have nothing but only inspiration from the Bollywood. Now only movies like MAJAJAN and KKL can make their place at the box office.
In my point of view Reema’s KTSK was lot better than this movie as it has good story, direction, acting and dialogues especially when it was directorial debut.

“SOON I WILL UPLOAD THE PREMIERE PICS FOR JB MEMBERS!”

Posted 26 Aug 2007

i went with my mates to watch- dis walked after 10minutes- shame-people were really curious to watch pak film n giv it chance- shame it was this crap-this will ruin chance of kkl-ppl will stay away from pak films after this crap----
Posted 26 Aug 2007

yoyo says
i told ya it will embarras pakistan in uk its shamefull, even d grade bollywood movies are better.
Posted 26 Aug 2007

i knew it and iam telling u it ill be out soon from theaters
Posted 26 Aug 2007

wait for uk box office chart on wed-i think we are in for surprice i say the film will make £7,000
Posted 27 Aug 2007

Posted 27 Aug 2007

paki lion says
pakistani12 said:

wait for uk box office chart on wed-i think we are in for surprice i say the film will make £7,000

are u more concern about box office rather then the concept of the movie? whats the point of box office when the film itself is so bad?
Posted 27 Aug 2007

yoyo says
well wandsworth cinewaorld are taking the film off tommorow, not sure about other cinemas.

but weekend figures will be out tommrow and im sure its a bigger diesaster then both larki punjaban and ktsk
Posted 28 Aug 2007

cute4u says
hmmm....it hasnt really seemed to be dat successful i think ktsk did heaps better
Posted 29 Aug 2007

w q malik says
hi yoyo and pakistani12

where did u get the uk box office reports in terms of money????

was ktsk flop in uk????????

if yes.....may i know how much should a film earn £££ to be succrssful???

may i know how much indian movie earns in uk if its the hit???
Posted 29 Aug 2007

yoyo says
the box office reports are availble on indiafm.com or you can type uk box office in google and go direct to the uk film council site which has weekend collections.

ktsk was a big time flop, medlka has done even worser then ktsk, its collections are very simular to larki punjaban which is a complete shock, and with todays much higher ticket rates and more cinemas medlka has done worse then LP.
its probably the biggest flop from any pakistani film released in uk.

it took a useless £8.560
for a film to be successful it needs over £200,000
Posted 29 Aug 2007

its at no 5 in comparison with indian films doing better then budha margaya
Posted 29 Aug 2007

ktsk

Posted 29 Aug 2007

Other openers
23 Mein Aik Din Laut Key Aoon Ga Ind/Pak £6,628 Bollywood Films 1 12 £552 £6,628   
Posted 29 Aug 2007

w q malik says
is there any HIT film from lolly wood in uk???

if not how come lollywood people are still willing to release their films such as MAJAJAN, KKL ETC.??????

IT WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD THE INDEPTH UK BOX OFFICE REPORT FOR LOLLYWOOD?....IT LOOKS IT IS NOT WORTH AT ALL TO RELEASE ANY PAKISTANI FILM IN UK AS THE FILMS WHICH ARE S.HIT IN PAKISTAN ARE FLOP HERE (FOR EXAMPLE KTSK)

Posted 30 Aug 2007

Well MEDLkA doing betta then Buddha Mar Gaya...
Yaar its the first time i have ever came to know about tht Pakistani Films are also listed with the Indian Films.....
Yaar lets see maybe in some more days the film will pick up becuz its of the opening days.
Yaar we can still hope much from Majajan and much much much from KKL....which will surely bring ppl in!

Yaar its good becuz they r increasing thier market value(which will surely raise more by the arrival of KKL).

Yaar Yeh Dil Aaap Ka Huwa was a BIG hit in UK,wasnt it?I heard it even gave tough time to the indian blockbusters...Yaar can anyone tell me,name the popular cinemas in which the film is being screened?
Posted 30 Aug 2007

uptil now Ydakh is the only movie which was quite a big hit in overseas & iam expecting the same from kkl.
Posted 30 Aug 2007

paki lion says
afridi_hasnat said:

Well MEDLkA doing betta then Buddha Mar Gaya...
Yaar its the first time i have ever came to know about tht Pakistani Films are also listed with the Indian Films.....
Yaar lets see maybe in some more days the film will pick up becuz its of the opening days.
Yaar we can still hope much from Majajan and much much much from KKL....which will surely bring ppl in!

Yaar its good becuz they r increasing thier market value(which will surely raise more by the arrival of KKL).

Yaar Yeh Dil Aaap Ka Huwa was a BIG hit in UK,wasnt it?I heard it even gave tough time to the indian blockbusters...Yaar can anyone tell me,name the popular cinemas in which the film is being screened?

even if MEDLKA did(do) well in UK, it doesn't changes the fact that the film is not well made, does it?

so i dont understand why peoples are looking at box office status...
Posted 30 Aug 2007

yoyo says
well its out of all cinemas tommorow,

the main reason why all pak films do bad is cos of there bad business stratergies.
the stratergy used for MEDLKA was as old as the hills.

they need to promote there films more aggresivly, many people dnt even still know that a film called main ek din lout ke aou ga exists.

reema probably had the best promotion but even that was average and then she put her film in only selected cinemas, no one is gona drive more then 20 minutes to go to a cinema, this is UK not pakistan.
Posted 30 Aug 2007

well its an old product with some new touches thats it and cud have been well made
Posted 31 Aug 2007

w q malik says
i will think twice to even say "SOME NEW TOUCHES"?????

IT WAS VERY old AND boring mate!!!!!!!!! AWFUL!!!
Posted 31 Aug 2007

javaid fazal should have work on issak story
Posted 31 Aug 2007

yoyo says
some new touches
Posted 31 Aug 2007

and songs were not like filmy songs
Posted 31 Aug 2007

songs were well picturized, print and sounf quality is good the cast is fresh thats what i meant with new touches
Posted 31 Aug 2007

bilal1970 says
I watched in cine world luton with family they liked the movie but i liked only songs there r some jumps in film
Posted 01 Sep 2007

People from PakMusic forum also liked the film...
http://pakstop.com/pmforums/showthread.php?t=53425

Cmon plz more ppl give comments!
MR NICE i am waiting for urs...

Yes the film has bloopers for sure...songs were nicely picturised!

Can anyone from UK tell tht is out of all cinemas of UK?All not a single screen is running the film?
Posted 01 Sep 2007

then why was yoyo screaming
Posted 01 Sep 2007

Reply to Topic