KKL promotion in UK starts

2446 views 36 replies
Reply to Topic
yoyo

Total Posts: 986

trailors are playing back to back on geo, it says coming soon, so no date yet, but will probably come on eid.

geos promotion stratergy of promoting on only one channel might have worked in pakistan but will backfire in uk and they must start promoting on indian channels is well.
Posted 22 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
You can't even call them proper promos or trailors. Its more like stills from the film. The so called trailors don't even mention the films name.

Currently a number of people are watching Geo because of the twenty 20 World Cup. This includes alot of Indians.

Alot of people might be seeing the promos for the first time. What is need that in the next few days Geo starts airing proper promos with the film name.

Considering Pakistan and India are playing in the final of Twenty 20 World Cup on Monday. Geo is going to get a large audience on Monday.

One thing for sure we Pakistanis need a urgent lesson in how promote and market our films. Its not rocket science.

Geo should not release KKL on Eid. It should be released about 1 or 2 weeks after. The reason being Om Shanti Om is coming out on Eid.
Posted 23 Sep 2007

why making a new topic abt kkl
Posted 23 Sep 2007

well Geo has that same promotional style in pakistan as well it create some curiousity and very soon they ill be coming up with song teasers and then full promos.
Posted 23 Sep 2007

yoyo says
the promos being played are the same which they started off with in pakistan, the trailors i guess will come a week after like in pakistan,

as for om shanti om, it will be releasing on diwali not eid, a week later, with saawariya.
Posted 23 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
The only reason why I say full trailors could have seen shown because Geo has been getting a large audience because of the cricket.
Posted 24 Sep 2007

i saw trailer of kkl on geo
Posted 24 Sep 2007

sonniii says
KKL will be a washout if they release it with OM shanti OM or saawariya as these are both 60-70 crore plus budgeted magnum opuses and boasts huge stars. KKL should come at least a few weeks before or after these movies.
Posted 26 Sep 2007

agree
Posted 26 Sep 2007

sonniii said:

KKL will be a washout if they release it with OM shanti OM or saawariya as these are both 60-70 crore plus budgeted magnum opuses and boasts huge stars. KKL should come at least a few weeks before or after these movies.

sonniii aka jimmykhan
Posted 26 Sep 2007

sonniii says
sonnii is my nick name nice guy and you can ridicule me if you think what i said was wrong...plain and simple...do you really think KKL will withstand Om shanti Om and saawariya if they are released together.
Posted 27 Sep 2007

sonniii says
and by the way i have seen KKL and i personally think its a good movie....very realistic. i dont know about its commercial prospects but releasing it with these biggies will further lessen the chances of more people seeing it.
Posted 27 Sep 2007

yoyo says
well looks like geo has messed up big with the release of this film overseas,
in the advert it shows that the dvd will released soon.

so i guess its not coming on the big screen here.
Posted 28 Sep 2007

Wat Yoyo?
Does the advert clearly mentions tht the DVD will be available soon?I cant believe it
Posted 28 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
As I said before Geo have totally messed up the releasing of KKL overseas. The fact is the film should have got released simultaenously here in the UK as when it got released in Pakistan.

Geo at that time promoted the film heavily here in the UK and basically everyone was dying to watch the film. Alot hype and excitement had been created regarding KKL.

The worse thing that happened to KKL and its chances of getting released overseas that after about 1 month of its Pakistani release the film was available for everyone to download and watch over the internet.

Worse to follow was that just after a couple of more weeks the original DVD of KKL was selling openingly every where in the UK.

The fact is everyone who was interested in watching KKL has know seen the movie either from the net or by buying the DVD.

With two big Bollywood films coming out next month one does not see many people going to watch KKL except for die hard fans. We all now how patriotic we are when it comes to Indian films. The fact is tha the Indians are not releasing a film called "Johnny Gaddar" here in the UK next week because they realise no Pakistanis will come and see the film because of Ramadan. 50% of the audience for Indian films are us Pakistanis.

One has to totally blame Geo for mess. This film could have truly put Pakistani Cinema on the world map.

The British media is dying to watch something like this.

Geo still should make an effort to release the film here and also have a special screening for the British media.

The film should also be sent to the upcoming London film festival.
Posted 28 Sep 2007

w q malik says
i think shoaib mansoor has dropped the idea of releasing on silver screen disastrous affect has already been made due to the release of pirated dvd in uk market which has been widely seen by audiences.
therefore he has decided to release dvd.
i do confirm the yo yo's statement as i ve seen the same advert on geo today during JAWAB DEYH SPECIAL.
Posted 28 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
This is very sad news and totally stupid.
Posted 28 Sep 2007

This is really really....wat can i say
I am totally shocked if this news is true!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WAT EXACTLY THE PROMO SAYS?

They should have released KKL is cinemas...wat r they planning to do?
Posted 28 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
Can someone ask Geo thats what is the position on them releasing KKL in UK.

One thing which defies logic is that the film is still doing really well in Pakistan and the business will surely pick up after Eid again. So why release it on DVD then?
Posted 28 Sep 2007

yoyo says
well they still have a chance to release the film on eid.

just keep emailing them.
Posted 28 Sep 2007

yoyo says
keep mailing

[email protected]
Posted 28 Sep 2007

MR NICE said:

As I said before Geo have totally messed up the releasing of KKL overseas. The fact is the film should have got released simultaenously here in the UK as when it got released in Pakistan.

Geo at that time promoted the film heavily here in the UK and basically everyone was dying to watch the film. Alot hype and excitement had been created regarding KKL.

The worse thing that happened to KKL and its chances of getting released overseas that after about 1 month of its Pakistani release the film was available for everyone to download and watch over the internet.

Worse to follow was that just after a couple of more weeks the original DVD of KKL was selling openingly every where in the UK.

The fact is everyone who was interested in watching KKL has know seen the movie either from the net or by buying the DVD.

With two big Bollywood films coming out next month one does not see many people going to watch KKL except for die hard fans. We all now how patriotic we are when it comes to Indian films. The fact is tha the Indians are not releasing a film called "Johnny Gaddar" here in the UK next week because they realise no Pakistanis will come and see the film because of Ramadan. 50% of the audience for Indian films are us Pakistanis.

One has to totally blame Geo for mess. This film could have truly put Pakistani Cinema on the world map.

The British media is dying to watch something like this.

Geo still should make an effort to release the film here and also have a special screening for the British media.

The film should also be sent to the upcoming London film festival.

Its a shame
Posted 28 Sep 2007

yep coming soon on dvd
Posted 28 Sep 2007

MR NICE says
Yoyo anything latest on KKL release except for emailing. Have you spoken to anyone.
Posted 29 Sep 2007

Lolz..this is somthin hilaroius and at the same time quite upsetting!
Shan said in one of his interviews tht in USA,and other countries KKL has been watched on DVD and people r liking it alot!It means he knows the piracy of the film is there so atleast he should be bothered enough to tell Geo Walazzz to do inquiry but he is saying PROUDLY tht everyone has watched the film on DVD there!Maybe thts the reason why Geo walaz arent releasing the film cinemas but they should!
Posted 30 Sep 2007

Promotion of Mohabbatan Sachiyan has started!
I saw a teasor of the movie featurin.Veena Malik!
Good!
But wat abut Jhoomer?Infact Syed Noor said tht they had made a promotional song for the movie which will make the audience eager to watch the movie!My Guess:AAJ tv will promote Jhoomar!
I will rate Jhoomar's story much more interesting then Mohabbatan Sachiyan!
Posted 30 Sep 2007

Geo knows abt piracy of kkl they knew it way back when it first got out on www.pakmusic.com cuz it was not a pirated print recorded from theater it was original dvd rip and i feel that Geo failed badly to stop all this piracy and stuff.
Posted 01 Oct 2007

even PAKMUSIC took the print of KKL from another source.
Posted 02 Oct 2007

bilal1970 says
afridi_hasnat said:

This is really really....wat can i say
I am totally shocked if this news is true!

PLEASE CAN ANYONE TELL ME WAT EXACTLY THE PROMO SAYS?

They should have released KKL is cinemas...wat r they planning to do?

Its not a trailer its advert of releasing on dvd soon
globally
Posted 13 Oct 2007

Posted 13 Oct 2007

just saw on geo that it wil be shown in cinema soon..
Posted 13 Oct 2007

Reply to Topic