Shoaib Akhtar handed fine + 13-match ban

1588 views 5 replies
Reply to Topic
wafakadard

Total Posts: 6204

Shoaib Akhtar has been handed a 13-match ban and a fine of approximately US$57,000 for a number of breaches of discipline,

The ban, however, includes the seven matches already played at the ICC World Twenty20 and the two Tests against South Africa. Effectively, it means he will be available for the last ODI against South Africa but more realistically, the tour to India.

Shafqat Naghmi,

"We have decided to ban Shoaib for 13 international matches," the Pakistan board's chief operating officer.
We have upheld the five-match ban given to him by Talat Ali in South Africa [for hitting Asif] and given him an eight-match ban on top of that. We have also fined him Rs3.4 million. The match-ban will run consecutively."

Shoaib, who was present at the press conference, has the right to appeal but said he was eager to put the matter behind him now. "I have apologised to Asif, my team-mates, the country. It was a nightmare for me and something that happened in the heat of the moment. I have suffered enough in the last four weeks.

"I want to put this matter behind me now and focus on cricket. I want to thank the board for considering this matter carefully. I will pay what penalties I have to but I want to get ready for India now."
Posted 11 Oct 2007

wafakadard says
ab seeda seeda is ko kyon nhi keh daytaay
keh team say nikal jaoo

tang kar keh nikalna cahtay hain
Posted 11 Oct 2007

nikama says
nai vo nikalna nahi chahte,pehle do tests main hi un ko shoaib ki kami mehsoos ho gai he,they cant afford to miss him in india this time
Posted 11 Oct 2007

leken match sey pehle yeh panga kar deta hai
Posted 12 Oct 2007

Bazigaar says
very good...ban him for life
Posted 14 Oct 2007

nikama says
its sort of compromise,logoun ko yeh bhi pata chal gaya k board will come heavy on such players who make a breach of code of conduct aur doosri taraf shoaib ka career bhi bach gaya
khaya pia kuch nahi glass tora bara anay
Posted 14 Oct 2007

Reply to Topic