~*~ Love Quotes ~*~

71681 views 1011 replies
Reply to Topic
~tasha~

Total Posts: 47628

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.

If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.

The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss.

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.

Love works in miracles every day: such as weakening the strong, and stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favouring the passions, destroying reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy

There are three kinds of love, - unselfish, mutual, and selfish. The unselfish love is of the highest kind. The lover only minds the welfare of the beloved and does not care for his own sufferings. In mutual love the lover not only wants the happiness of his beloved but has an eye towards his own happiness also. It is middling. The selfish love is the lowest. It only looks towards its own happiness, no matter whether the beloved suffers weal or woe.

Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold on to some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
Posted 06 Nov 2007

sun_shine says
Doubt that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move, doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt I love. -William Shakespeare
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. -Thomas Merton
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
I have no regrets. I will never regret loving someone because the feeling of love for five minutes is greater than an eternity of hurt. -Kurt Langner
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well. -Vincent van Gogh
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage. -Lao Tzu
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love. -Henry Drummond
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Love is the immortal flow of energy that nourishes, extends and preserves. Its eternal goal is life. -Smiley Blanton
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone. -Javan
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notions of time; effaces all memory of beginning, all fear of an end. -Madame de Stael
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Expect the people you love to be better. It helps them to become better. But don't get upset when they fail. It helps them keep trying. -Anonymous
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything.
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other for a lifetime that it becomes a miracle. -Amy Bloom
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. -Allan K. Chalmers
Posted 03 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says
wow too many quotes
gud work keep it up
Posted 03 Aug 2008

sun_shine says
~tasha~ said:

wow too many quotes
gud work keep it up

*Thanks alot My Dear Friend...!
Posted 03 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says
welcome jee
Posted 03 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
~tasha~ said:

v nice work sg, ss n rapu

thnxx
Posted 03 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
sun_shine said:

Just as the wind dances in my hair, as the ocean massages my thoughts, as the sun blankets me in happiness & as the earth travels with me across universal challenges, so all the elements of ur luv fill my life

Posted 03 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
Very very nice Quotes Ss

SS now i blv u will do 10,000 pots InshaAllah
Posted 03 Aug 2008

Miss mine says
Rapunzel said:

beautiful quotes sweety
Posted 04 Aug 2008

Miss mine says
sun_shine said:

I have no regrets. I will never regret loving someone because the feeling of love for five minutes is greater than an eternity of hurt. -Kurt Langner

lovely quote sunny
Posted 04 Aug 2008

Miss mine says
sun_shine said:

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything.

beautiful quote sis
Posted 04 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
Miss mine said:

sun_shine said:

lovely quote sunny

Posted 04 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
Miss mine said:

Rapunzel said:

beautiful quotes sweety

thnk U dear
Posted 04 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
Posted 04 Aug 2008

Rapunzel says
Posted 04 Aug 2008