~*~ Love Quotes ~*~

71703 views 1011 replies
Reply to Topic
~tasha~

Total Posts: 47628

Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken.

If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.

The most eloquent silence; that of two mouths meeting in a kiss.

In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.

Love works in miracles every day: such as weakening the strong, and stretching the weak; making fools of the wise, and wise men of fools; favouring the passions, destroying reason, and in a word, turning everything topsy-turvy

There are three kinds of love, - unselfish, mutual, and selfish. The unselfish love is of the highest kind. The lover only minds the welfare of the beloved and does not care for his own sufferings. In mutual love the lover not only wants the happiness of his beloved but has an eye towards his own happiness also. It is middling. The selfish love is the lowest. It only looks towards its own happiness, no matter whether the beloved suffers weal or woe.

Relationships of all kinds are like sand held in your hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute you close your hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through your fingers. You may hold on to some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
Posted 06 Nov 2007

Rapunzel says
"I thought about you today, and for some reason after that I couldn't stop smiling!"
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"You treat me in a way no one has ever done before, and it's because of this, that I'll love you forever more."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Loving you is the most wonderful feeling I’ve ever felt, and I'm glad I got the chance to experience it with someone as special as you."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"My heart is jumping, my mind is wandering, and all I can think of is, 'When are you coming?'"
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"I am but mere mortal, so do not fret my wandering eye. It is you and only you who holds my body, heart and soul - so it needn't travel any further in this or any life."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Love comforter like sunshine after rain."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"If the love I feel is a feeling of security, then you are my Great Wall of China."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"I see in your eyes gentle passion and tenderness. What you see in my eyes is just a reflection of yourself."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"I want to be the ocean that surrounds you, so whenever you cry I'll be the one to catch them all."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but not even a thousand pictures could ever come close to expressing my love for you!"
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"You were just a dream that I once knew; I never thought i would be right for you. I just can't compare you with anything in this world; you're all I need to be here and forevermore."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Alone I dare not climb, with you I reach new heights."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"You look in the mirror and you don't like what you see? Don't believe it. Look into my eyes; I'm the only mirror you'll ever need."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Today and always, beyond tomorrow, I need you beside me, always as my best friend, lover and forever soul mate."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"When we're together or when we're apart, you're first in my thoughts and first in my heart."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"I don't miss you and you alone; I miss you and me together."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Love denies gravity, letting me fly into the skies."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"If you always love who you always liked, then you'll always get who you always got."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"This may sound selfish, but, I hope that I die before you do, my love, because I never want to know the pain of what it's like to be without you."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"To love someone is to see a miracle invisible to others."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"You are that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"The love you have given me has made days brighter. The thought of losing you will be the end of me, so let me love you till our hearts stop beating."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Sometimes, I think if I blink, you'll disappear."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Where there is music there is Love."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Everyday is Valentine's day with you beside. The rose had wilted, but be mine."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"You don't love a girl because of beauty. You love her because she sings a song only you can understand."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"If I had one flower for every time you made me smile when I thought of you, the gardens of the world would be flowerless."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Asking me not to love you is like asking Niagara not to fall."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
"Cause I'm holding on with a love so strong and I can't take a day without you by my side."
Posted 03 Nov 2008

Reply to Topic