The murder of Aqsa Parvez

4580 views 38 replies
Reply to Topic
Bazigaar

Total Posts: 40761

A Mississauga, Ont. man will be formally charged on Tuesday with murder in connection with the death of his 16-year-old daughter.

The girl, Aqsa Parvez, was in critical condition on Monday after being strangled, apparently after a dispute with her family over her refusal to wear the hijab, the Islamic headscarf worn by some Muslim women.

However Peel Regional Police said Tuesday the girl died late Monday night.

Police arrested the victim’s 57-year-old father, Muhammad Parvez on Monday morning after receiving a 911 call from a Mississauga home from a man saying he had killed his daughter. He is due to appear on Tuesday in a Brampton, Ont. court.

The victim’s 26-year-old brother, Waqas Parvez, was also charged with obstructing police.

Friends of the teenager, a Grade 11 student at Applewood Heights high school, said Monday they were shocked by the attack on the outgoing, likeable girl, but said she had been threatened by her strictly religious family before.

Ebonie Mitchell, 16, a friend of the victim, said the conflict with her father over wearing Islamic dress came to a head at the beginning of this school year. “She just wanted to dress like we do,” she said. “Last year, she wore like the Islamic stuff and everything, the hijab, and this year she’s all western. She just wanted to look like everyone else.”

Posted 14 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
k..here's my take on this...

ya the gal was being a b*tch...ya she was not doing as she was told...etc etc...but...did the father followed the religion properly??? i mean...where does it says in islam to kill your daughter???

yes the gal was @ fault to an extend...if she was bold enough to stand against her family's desire..she should have just left the house...ya she did left the house and stayed at friend's house for a bit etc etc...but why did she came back???? i mean...when u know how u'r family is...u either listen to them..or u don't...pick one...    she was leaving house in hijab and changing her clothes in her school...double standard????

k now bout the father...ya he might think the gal was bringing shame to his family etc etc....i wonder how does he feels now when everyone is talking bout his gal?

well...guys like him bring shame to islam...now everyoe is talking ohh this is honour killing in islam...islam is violent religion...blah blah...ya ya i know honour killings r common in pak, then man do it in u'r own country...pak/india etc r already badnaam in this case...why u doing such things in foreign countries and make other living around there look bad too...

if i would be to handle this case...i would order 7-day punishment for him...

first day: ...to be hanged to near death...then give him 10 lashes...put him on ice-cube...hang him upside down...stick his head in hot water...tie to the horse and drag for half a kilometer...don't let him sleep at night

second day: ...slap him...give him 5 lashes again...slap him...hang him again to near death...slap him...slap him again...give him shower in ice cold water...make him stand on burning coal...slap him...do not let him sleep at all at night...

third day:... slap him...slap him again...choke him almost to death...slap him...hang him upside down in a cage full of sheep...tie to the horse and drag for half a kilometer again...don't let him sleep all night...

fourth day:...slap him...give him shower in honey...slap him again...throw him in a room full of hungry rats...leave him there for 3 days...

if he survives after 3rd day...just shoot em...

btw if u guyz want more info on this story...just google Aqsa Parvez
Posted 14 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
i think i dont know much about the story behind the case personally
jahan tak sawaal hain west per muslims ka kya
impression chora is case nay ,i think hamain ab west ki fikar chod deni chahiye,west nay jo sochna tha aur karna tha kar liya.
basically yeh news kisi non muslim newspaper ki hi headline hogi.its true .aisay cases non muslims main bhi aksar hotay hain laikin kabhi wo kisi newspaper ki head line nahi banay
its a propaganda against Islam.
Posted 14 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
i think jo ladki k father nay kiya
bilkul ghalat hain.unhay apni beti ko pyaar say samjhana chahiye tha k yeh jo kar rahi hain ghalat hain.agar phir bhi ladki aisa karti uska koi aur hal nikaltay
but Allah swt Knows better
Posted 14 Dec 2007

Rapunzel says
hmmmmmm mujeh tu lerki n usk father dono ka hi qasoor lagta hai her insan ko apni limits mein rahna chhaiye hajaab is not compulsary but jis type k dress us ne pics mein pahne hain she is looking so cheap
Lerki shayd bohat fed-up thi ya bohat liberal n Father ka kuch nhi kaha jata Non-muslims tu kahir hum se gaye guzre hain unhon ne muslims ko hamesha hi gahlat kahna hai damn care for them
Posted 14 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
hum hamesha ye he kiyoon sochtay hain ke west ne to msulims ko ghalat he kehna hae? in this case..ye bhi to dekho ke ye jo hamaray ek muslim ne kiya...kiya wo sahi thaa? no...ghalat thaa...to ghalat ko ghalat kehnay mae kiya burai hae?

i proudly tell ppl around me i am muslim...i defend us as much as i can, but log asee harketein kerain to how much can u do? kiis din uthoo too u hear about suicide bombers...dosray din uthoo to u hear some molvie giving fatwa kill all non-muslims, etc etc...is this how we r potraying islam as religion of piece????
Posted 14 Dec 2007

parha me nay paper main sab
us ko marna ghalat tha
mazhab ko is terha nahin apply kiya ja sakta
agar us ko is rastay par chlana hi tha tou shuru hi say tarbiyat ki jati
jis mahole main wo bari hui usi ko apnaya na us nay
baap nay bilkul ghalt kiya

main nay bohat note kiya hai kay bahir kay mulkon main larkiyan sakarf laiany kay liye muqadmay tak lar arhi hain
aur hamaray pak main jahan is ki azadi hai
muslim mulk hai
kisi ko perwah hi nahin:(
Posted 14 Dec 2007

rapunzel said:

hmmmmmm mujeh tu lerki n usk father dono ka hi qasoor lagta hai her insan ko apni limits mein rahna chhaiye hajaab is not compulsary but jis type k dress us ne pics mein pahne hain she is looking so cheap
Lerki shayd bohat fed-up thi ya bohat liberal n Father ka kuch nhi kaha jata Non-muslims tu kahir hum se gaye guzre hain unhon ne muslims ko hamesha hi gahlat kahna hai damn care for them

oh dear
cheap?
jahan wo thi wahan ye sab aisay dress aam si baat hai

u know mera clinic jahan hai wo lahore ka aik famous area hai
clinic ki building kay bilul samnay aik bohat bara shopping mall hai
sar adin main wahan logon ko aatay jatay dekhti hun
50% guls in jeans tea shirt
sleevless
aur in tights wo bhi ghutnon say zar hi neechay
with out dopattas(agar shalwar qameez main hon tou)

v short shirts

muslims
wo bhi aikmuslim mulk main jahan islamic dress per koi pabandi nahin
wahan ye haal hai tou kisi ko kya kahna hai un ka tou mahole hai
Posted 14 Dec 2007

ese log extreemist hotey hain...agar ussey islam ke barey main pata hota he would never killed his daughter...bas enkey kaan bhar detay hain maulana aur dekhlo yeh hashar par still banday ke paas apni aqal hai...they dont use yeh hain humare muslims
Posted 15 Dec 2007

rapunzel said:

leken killing haraam hai...zyada kasoor baap ka hai... insaan ko chance dena chahiyey par yeh marney par a jatey hain...woh bhi apni beti ko kesa baap hai...shamefull
Posted 15 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
ya so...kiyoon kertay hain muslims esaay?
Posted 15 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
i think jo hua ghalat hua,
jo log aisa kartay hain ghalat kartay hain.
per kya sirf yehi shaks aur suicide bombers hi
islam aur muslims ki numaindgi kartay hain.
black sheeps to har community main hotay hain.
jahan tak baat hain Islam ki raah per chalnay ki
to i think we are the loosers.
Posted 15 Dec 2007

Rapunzel says
Aik min Aik min mein hargiz usk father kis ide nhi le rahi im just saying k kasoor dono ka hai kisi ka ziada kisi ka kam Father ko aisa nhi karna chahiye tha Islam k khilaaf hai Allah talah Qatal ki ijazat hargiz nhi dete

Baazi Bhai ap ne jo batain ki tu usk lye ye kahon gi k jo bombers hain wo muslims nhi coz kisi ki jan lene wala puri insaniyat ka dushman hai Qasoor movlion ka hai jinhon ne Islam ko ab Duniya mein aisa pesh karna shuru kar dya hai

Qv mein ap se mutafiq hon waqai aj kal lerkian ka huliya dekh k khud sharm ati hai ghalti parents ki hot hai pahle dheel dete hain aur baad mein jab aulad out ho jati hai tu phr qatal ki nobat ajati hai

Srk tum mualana's k kafi khilaf ho ye Molvi aj kal k kafi se ziada ajeb hain but wohi baat insan mein khud aqal honi chhaiye ye qatal ka mashwara us baap ko zaroori nhi kisi molvi ne hi dya ho

Aik aur baat jo halaat us lerki k the jahan wo rah rhi thi ye sab normal routine hai parents jab aise mulk mein rahte hain tu unhein special care chahiye apni aulad ki takay alad aur parents dono ko takleef na ho baad mein
Posted 15 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
rapunzel said:

Baazi Bhai ap ne jo batain ki tu usk lye ye kahon gi k jo bombers hain wo muslims nhi coz kisi ki jan lene wala puri insaniyat ka dushman hai Qasoor movlion ka hai jinhon ne Islam ko ab Duniya mein aisa pesh karna shuru kar dya hai

i know..mujhay pata hae...per wo kehtay to apnay app ko muslims he hain na...to non-muslims per to yehee zahir hota hae na ke islam is not religion of peace...

danger from west..could it be dajjal?? i dunno..maybe
Posted 15 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
ab west say aur kitna danger hoga,sab kuch to kar liyaa unho nay
Posted 16 Dec 2007

Rapunzel says
sun_shine said:

ab west say aur kitna danger hoga,sab kuch to kar liyaa unho nay

yeah rite
Posted 16 Dec 2007

Barsaat says
hmmm jo mujhe kahna tha,wo kafi log kah chokay hain,
koi new baat ai zehn main to bad main kahongi.
Posted 16 Dec 2007

Ashii says
mera khyal kuch log aik baat bhool rahe hein
that girl was 16.. SIXTEEEEN
only 16 yrs old

16 aur 57 yrs old brain mei kafffiiiiiiiii fark hota hai
iss age mei harr woh cheez achi lagti hai jiss se mana kiya jae,, aur agar "west k kharab mahol" se itna hi darr hai to y dont these parents go back to their Muslim native lands???

and i completly agree to queenu,, cheap kuch nahi hota,,
har woh cheez jo hum ko achi nahi lagti we call it cheap,, bilkul jaise west mei log "hijab/burkay" ko ajeeb si nazron se dekhte hein

mujhe jiss cheez pe sab se zyada herat hoti hai,, woh yeh k me ne kabhiiiiii koi aik case bhi aisa nahi suna k kissi ne apne betay ko bigar jaane ki waja se maar diya ho
ya betay ko namaz (jo k farz hai) na parhne ki waja se ghar se nikal diya ho
how funny
Posted 17 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
i am not saying girl ka complete fault thaa...i put father on blame mostly...like i said father ko jo mae ne punishments suggest ke hain wo deni chahye
Posted 17 Dec 2007

aikalone says

Hi all:
some said the father is faulty,
Some said the daughter is faulty,
Some said both are faulty.

some said he did bcz the molvis are educating these types of things and he did not use his wisdom.

Thats the point.
Why did not she use her wisdom?

She was 16 yrs old, and you know before 40 yrs the girls almost be mother in this age (and 90% marriages were successful), even nowadays it is also common to arrange girls marriage in her early age.

She is a muslim and she has to follow the Islamic Law bcz all islamic laws always make life safe. ( I dont want to go into details as everybody are very well aware)

My point is only that why we are not using our wisdom nowadays?

Posted 18 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
i think jo Molvi sahibaan kay baaray main kaha gaya hain its not true,hum aisay molvi sahibaan ki kyun suntay hain Allah swt ki kitaab khol kar kyun nahi parhtay.khair Alhamudlilah Islam ki itni taleemat ko to hum jaantay hain to jaan bhooj kar andhay kyun bantay hain?
Posted 18 Dec 2007

Rapunzel says
Ss ki baat mein wazan hai n i'll say only this k achayi burayi har isnan k andar hai ab ye hum pe hai k achai ko havi hone dein ya burai ko mee lehaz se tu lerki n uska father dono hi Islam ka nam kharab kar gye hain
Posted 18 Dec 2007

Ashii says
Bazigaar said:

i am not saying girl ka complete fault thaa...i put father on blame mostly...like i said father ko jo mae ne punishments suggest ke hain wo deni chahye

i didnt comment on ur post,, it was a gnrl opinion over the situation

aikalone said:

Hi all:
some said the father is faulty,
Some said the daughter is faulty,
Some said both are faulty.

some said he did bcz the molvis are educating these types of things and he did not use his wisdom.

Thats the point.
Why did not she use her wisdom?

She was 16 yrs old, and you know before 40 yrs the girls almost be mother in this age (and 90% marriages were successful), even nowadays it is also common to arrange girls marriage in her early age.

She is a muslim and she has to follow the Islamic Law bcz all islamic laws always make life safe. ( I dont want to go into details as everybody are very well aware)

My point is only that why we are not using our wisdom nowadays?

bla bla blaa blaaaa
agar aik family k baray apni 'wisdom' istemal nahi karte to bachon se yeh umeed kaise rakhi ja sakti hai
larki ki young age mei shadi hone pe koi eitraz nahi hai,, par usse bachpan se tarbiyat kya di gai ho aur mahol kya hai uss pe sab depend karta hai
sirf "muslim" paida ho jane se koi aalim nahi ho jata
Posted 19 Dec 2007

aikalone says
Ashii said:

bla bla blaa blaaaa
agar aik family k baray apni 'wisdom' istemal nahi karte to bachon se yeh umeed kaise rakhi ja sakti hai
larki ki young age mei shadi hone pe koi eitraz nahi hai,, par usse bachpan se tarbiyat kya di gai ho aur mahol kya hai uss pe sab depend karta hai
sirf "muslim" paida ho jane se koi aalim nahi ho jata

Ye koonsi kitab ma likha hay kay agar kisi family ke barey apni wisdom use nahi karen ge tu un ke bachoon se ye umeed kese rakhi ja sakti hay.

Hamare samne aesi hazaroon examples hyn jin ma chootu ne apne barun ko beneficial and legar suggestions diye hyn.

Or kiya Allah Taala wisdom kia barun ma se kam karke unke bachun ko deta ha.
Nahee na

Har aik ko alag alag inayat farmata ha.

Phir hamsabko apni wisdom ka use karna chahiye.

Ham is forum par kiya kar rahe hyn apni wisdom hee use kar rahe hyn na. or yaqeenan is forum ke members ma se buhat se members ko kabhe na kabhe koee na koee benefit to howa hoga.

Posted 19 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
ho sakta hae
Posted 19 Dec 2007

sun_shine says
now i think Allah swt knows better
Posted 19 Dec 2007

Ashii says
aik alone
jo "hona chaiye" agar wohi hone lagay to dunya jannat ban jae
theory aur practical mei bohot fark hota hai

u gave a vvv nice theory,, jiss pe me bhi dil se yakeen rakhti hu,,, k time or space ki limit se nikal k akal istemal karni chaiye,,
par hakeekat yeh hai k insan "theories" se zyada practical (mahol) ka asar leta hai

aisa kabhi kabhi hota hai k bohot ache logon ki aulad buri ho,, ya phir ult
par zyada tar hum jo botay hein wohi kaat'te hein

Posted 22 Dec 2007

SohailA says
What ever said and done, killing her was not an option, it was just anger and male ego. I wish we can avoid such instances
Posted 29 Dec 2007

rooshni says
kiya aap bata sakte hain yeh khaann houa ???,
Posted 29 Dec 2007

Bazigaar says
Mississauga, Canada
Posted 29 Dec 2007

Guys and gals, I heard many words of wisdom and many opinions. We have ignored many other factors. There are social, religious, political and a gizillion other pressures on Muslim families contributing to unwise, unislamic actions, and in extreme cases, violent acts.

MY MESSAGE: HELP OUT MUSLIM COMMUNITIES IN THE WEST BY REDUCING PRESSURE ON MUSLIM FAMILIES.

Please read below excerpts from Sound Vision publication.

Jana Shearer of Tyler, Texas; Monika Rani, Rajesh Kumar and Vansh Kumar of Oak Forest, Ilinois, Sarah and Amina Said of Dallas, Texas and Aqsa Pervez of Toronto, Canada. These are the names of five girls, boys and women allegedly killed by a boyfriend or their fathers for reasons that are still under investigation. In the case of Shearer, her boyfriend Christopher McCuin did not only murder her earlier today, but he boiled her body parts as well. According to an Associated Press report on the grisly incident, McCuin was known to authorities for assaulting his estranged wife, his girlfriend and his sister. In the Oak Park case a father not only killed his pregnant daughter but her husband and grandson as well. In the case of Aqsa Pervez, her father allegedly murdered her due to her refusal to wear Hijab. For the Said sisters, it was because both were said to have boyfriends.

Although some media reports attribute religion, culture, and the Indian caste system for these murders, all of us know nothing can justify this violence.

We are hearing from Muslim social service workers that domestic violence is increasing. We are also hearing that divorces are going up. Muslim mental health in part might be responsible for these symptoms. While this is an age old problem, some recent variables I suspect are responsible for the mental health issues: wages of Muslim men are down by ten percent since 9/11 according to a Columbia University study; 76% of young Arab-Americans surveyed by Zogby International report have been personally discriminated against and about 50% of all Arab-Americans surveyed by a Yale study had clinical signs of depression. These statistics do not justify violence but they are a call for anti-domestic violence activists to also pay attention to the mental health issues in our community.

There are social, religious, political and a gizillion other pressures on Muslim families contributing to unwise, unislamic, and in extreme cases to violent acts.
Posted 10 Jan 2008

Reply to Topic