One Stop 4 All SHAH RUKH KHAN updates

2750 views 28 replies
Reply to Topic
Rain Man

Total Posts: 24391

Salman- SRK to return together...
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, February 06, 2008]

Apparently, Sohail Khan is working on his new script which is the remake of the Tom Cruise starrer Jerry Maguire (1996) which would star his elder brother Salman Khan and Shah Rukh Khan. They both were last seen together in Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam. Recently, at Amrita Arora?s birthday party, Salman expressed his desire to work with Shah Rukh.

Both Shah Rukh and Salman were not in talking terms with each other after Salman barged onto the sets of Chalte Chalte to meet his ex-girlfriend Aishwarya Rai. Later, Ash was replaced by Rani Mukherjee. But when Sallu and SRK met at Farah Khan?s Sangeet ceremony, Salman hugged Shah Rukh and they buried their differences.

Infact, Sohail Khan has already submitted the proposal to UTV for remaking Jerry Maguire with Salman and Shah Rukh. Salman will play the role of Cuba Gooding Junior (who won the Oscar for Best actor in supporting role) and Shah Rukh as an ambitious sports agent.

After making their fans to wait for so long, let?s see whether the Sallu-Shah Rukh magic works again or not.

Priyadarshan and Shah Rukh Khan come together..Shahrukh to play himself
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 05, 2008]

Shah Rukh Khan will soon play himself on the silver screen. In a love story produced by his own banner Red Chillies Entertainment and directed by Priyadarshan, Shah Rukh plays a cameo as himself.

It is for the first time that these two talents have come together. According to Priyadarshan the film will be a complete different genre from what he and Shah Rukh have done in the past. The actor however will appear in the film after the interval.

The shooting for the film is expected to be completed by August 2008. The director is in the process of completing the cast and is very excited to work with Shah Rukh. Priyadarshan is currently working on his film Mere Baap Pehle Aap.

As for now we are all expecting a power packed performance by the duo. High voltage entertainment is on its way ?!!

SRK back on telly with KBC 4
2/5/2008 3:41:59 PM

The badshah of Bollywood -- Shahrukh Khan -- will once again be seen on the small screen as he gets back on the tube to host the season four of KBC.

It is time again to sharpen your general knowledge and get ready to take the hot seat for the next season of KBC. At the Global Indian Television Honours, after Shahrukh Khan walked away with the award for the Best Talk show, it seems quiet natural that he host the next season too.

Siddharth Basu, the man behind KBC, who walked away with an award for his dance show 'Jhalak Dikjla Ja' says: "Synergy Adlabs had entered into a contract with Star Television for five KBC seasons last year. We have atleast four seasons remaining. According to the agreement, SRK will feature in the season four."

Basu, who is thrilled with his success as Synergy Adlabs won two awards this year says, "I am pleased that Synergy Adlabs has got two awards, one for third season of 'KBC' and the other for 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja' for the first season."

It's surely a good news for all avid TV watchers as they will get a chance to witness Shahrukh's charismatic performance in KBC for yet another year as the charming actor will keep the viewers glued to the television screen.

From dancing with the stars to quizzing with the Badshah of Bollywood, Siddharth Basu certainly has his hands full.

sulekha.com

Shah Rukh Khan to host a NEW game show

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, February 5, 2008 - 17:35 IST

Reality shows are on a constant rise. After the success of Kaun Banega Crorepati 3, Shah Rukh goes ahead to host his next reality show which is on the lines of the US-based show, Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader.

The game show is tentatively titled as Bade Hue Tho Kya Hua - featuring adult contestants who will be questioned on subjects learnt by the children from first to fifth grade. Siddharth Basu, Head of Synergy Adlabs, confirms the news that Shah Rukh would be hosting the show. Synergy Adlabs would produce the reality program. The show was a grand success in US and hence is being re-created in an Indian version.

There will be five rounds in total and would be participated by both kids and adults. Seems like SRK is getting geared up to also rule the small screen.

indiafm.com

LOOKS LIKE THE SHAHRUKH KHAN IS GOING TO ROCK STAR TELEVISION THIS YEAR!
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
Histroy Created: OM Shanti OM gets 10 filmfare nominations, highest by any movie ever!

Nominees: 53rd Annual Filmfare Awards

BEST FILM:
Chak De! India
Guru
Jab We Met
Om Shanti Om
Taare Zameen Par

BEST DIRECTOR:
Aamir Khan (Taare Zameen Par)
Anurag Basu (Life... In A Metro)
Farah Khan (Om Shanti Om)
Imtiaz Ali (Jab We Met)
Mani Ratnam (Guru)
Shimit Amin (Chak De! India)

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (MALE):
Abhishek Bachchan (Guru)
Akshay Kumar (Namastey London)
Darsheel Safary (Taare Zameen Par)
Shahrukh Khan (Chak De! India)
Shahrukh Khan (Om Shanti Om)
Shahid Kapoor (Jab We Met)

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (FEMALE):
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (Guru)
Deepika Padukone (Om Shanti Om)
Kareena Kapoor (Jab We Met)
Madhuri Dixit (Aaja Nachle)
Rani Mukerji (Laaga Chunari Mein Daag)
Vidya Balan (Bhool Bhulaiyaa)

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (MALE):
Aamir Khan (Taare Zameen Par)
Anil Kapoor (Welcome)
Irrfan Khan (Life in a... Metro)
Mithun Chakraborty (Guru)
Shreyas Talpade (Om Shanti Om)

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (FEMALE):
Konkona Sen Sharma (Life in a... Metro)
Konkona Sen Sharma (Laaga Chunari Mein Daag)
Rani Mukerji (Saawariya)
Shilpa Shukla (Chak De! India)
Tisca Chopra (Taare Zameen Par)

BEST MUSIC:
A R Rahman (Guru)
Monty Sharma (Saawariya)
Pritam (Jab We Met)
Pritam (Life in a... Metro)
Vishal-Shekhar (Om Shanti Om)

BEST LYRICS:
Gulzar?Tere Nina (Guru)
Javed Akhtar?Main Agar Kahoon (Om Shanti Om)
Prasoon Joshi?Maa (Taare Zameen Par)
Sameer?Jab Se Tere Naina (Saawariya)
Vishal Dadlani?Aankhon Mein Teri (Om Shanti Om)

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER (MALE):
A R Rahman ?Tere Bina (Guru)
K K?Aankhon Mein Teri (Om Shanti Om)
Shaan?Jab Se Tere Naina (Saawariya)
Sonu Nigam?Main Agar Kahoon (Om Shanti Om)
Sukhawinder Singh?Chak De (Chak De! India)

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER (FEMALE):
Alisha Chinai...It's Rocking (Kay Love Story Hai)
Shreya Ghosal ?Barso Re (Guru)
Shreya Ghosal ?Yeh Ishq Hai (Jab We Met)
Sunidhi Chauhan ?Sajanaji Vari Vari (Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd.)
Sunidhi Chauhan ?Aaja Nachle (Aaja Nachle)
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
SRK-Kajol in K-Jo's next......Soon!

Shah Rukh and Kajol will face the camera together after a gap of seven years.

Karan has managed to get Kajol on board for his next directorial venture, opposite none other than Shah Rukh Khan.

Shah Rukh and Kajol will face the camera together after a gap of seven years. Incidentally, they were last seen sharing screen space in Karan Johar?s Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham.

Before leaving for New York, for location hunting, this morning, Karan confirmed the developments, ?Yes. I am getting the hot pair back together. Kajol and Shah Rukh will be in my next film. It?s an emotional love story, written by Shibani Bhatija.?

Re-creating the magic

Karan had wanted to recreate the Kajol-SRK magic in Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna but she had turned down the part that finally went to Rani. On Koffee with Karan, Kajol made it public that Shah Rukh was upset with her for making her comeback with Aamir Khan in Fanaa, instead of doing a film with him.

SRK and Kajol?s past pairings:

Baazigar (1993),
Karan Arjun (1995),
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995),
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998),
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001)
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
SHAHRUKH KHANS 2008

Special Appearances

Krazzy 4 - Item Song alongside the other superstar Hrithik Roshan (SHOULD BE GREAT)
Dulha Mil Gaya - A special appearance in the Fardeen-Sush Starrer
Bhootnath - Special appearance alongside Juhi Chawla and Amitabh Bachchan
Red Chillies Produced Priyadarshan film - He's not only producing but also has a special appearance...this one is still in the talks.

TV
New show with Star - based on the american hit "are you smarter than a 5th grader" SHOULD BE FUN!
KBC 4 - The king returns as the quizmaster this year on the hit star tv show..

Production
Priyadarshan Untitled Project - he also has a special appearance, this one is still in the early stages

FULL FLEDGED ACTOR - Not sure if any of these will release this year but im pretty sure one of them will at least!
Untitled Sohail Khan Directed - Remake of Jerry Mcguire - Shahrukh and Sallu Bhai come together again for a fourth feature film, we can put our bets on it that this will definatley be a huge hit!
My Name is Khan - Karan Johar Directed - Lead Pair Shahrukh and Kajol....WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED ME TO SAY? THE MAGIC IS BACK!
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi - Aditya Chopra Directed - With a newcomer....hmm he's proved very lucky with new girls

Baazigar - Shilpa Shetty
Pardes - Mahima Choudary
Dil Se - Preity Zinta
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai - Rani Mukherjee
Main Hoon Na - Amrita Rao
Swades (although not a hit, still it launched a career, and was critically aclaimed) - Gayatri Joshi
Chak De India - 16 New girsl what else can one say - BLOCKBUSTER
Om Shanti Om - The biggest and most successful debut for any actress EVER - Deepika Padukone, easily one of the biggest stars of tommorow!

HOPEFULLY SRK proves lucky once again with the new girl in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, its obvious adi will do a good job directing! he's always great!
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
ok well i'm jus gona copy paste all this over here from another site for whoever is a SRK fan like me
Posted 08 Feb 2008

seems like a good year for srk
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
and for the fans, i really enjoyed KBC with him being the host...cant wait to watch the new episodes
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, February 8, 2008 - 11:47 IST

Call him fortunate enough or simply 'street-smart'; this filmmaker has made his way with two of today's top notch stars in Bhootnath, which also happens to be his directorial debut. After 12-years of long struggle, Vivek Sharma turns director with this film starring the legendary Amitabh Bachchan along with Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla, and Priyanshu Chatterjee. The film will hit the screens on May 9. Bollywood Hungama brings you the exclusive interview of the multi-talented Vivek Sharma.

The title Bhootnath sounds like a comic-horror. What is it all about?
Bhootnath is a cute and an emotional story of love between a ghost and a child, largely targeted towards children. A package of an unusual storyline and screenplay, along with Amitabh Bachchan playing the role of the ghost, will make it a visual treat for the moviegoers. The story revolves around the family, which resides in a haunted house. The conflict and situation between the family members and their reaction to the ghost's pranks are interesting to watch.

A director is recognized by his choice of subjects that he selects to work on, when it comes to filmmaking.

Please throw some light on Shah Rukh and Juhi's role in the film
Shah Rukh plays a Chief Engineer on a cruise liner; he is fun loving person and whereas Juhi is a complete surprise package. She portrays the role of a lazy mother who cannot function without a maidservant and has a son who is a major prankster. It's a cute little family who deal with the ghost, residing at their place.

You are among the very few fortunate directors who got the opportunity to work with Big B and SRK. How does it feel?
(Laughs) Well, surprisingly, the idea of having the two biggies in my debut film for the first time never occurred to me until a journalist pointed it in one of the interviews. Honestly, I was elated to work with the two superstars. I feel completely content and even if I die tomorrow, I will have no regrets. And by God's grace things have been moving smoothly since the first day of the shoot. The chemistry between SRK and Amitabh has been perfect. And actors like Juhi, Rajpal Yadav and Priyanshu have added stars to my film. Of course, with Ravi Chopra's hand on my head, I could not have asked for a better debut.

The chemistry between SRK and Amitabh has been perfect. And actors like Juhi, Rajpal, Priyanshu have added stars to my film.

For 12 years you have had a splendid relationship with Shah Rukh, are you planning to work under his banner in the near future?
These12 years have been fantastic. Both Shah Rukh and Juhi have been my local guardians here in Mumbai. I have always been a part of all his films, it is a record, but unfortunately, I could not make it for Om Shanti Om because I had already commenced with Bhootnath. Well, being a part of Shah Rukh's crew, everyone assumed that my career establishment would be a cake walk. But, trust me; I have seen my share of struggle period. I have faced rejection at the hand of producers who have discarded my scripts without a second glance. However, I did not loose faith and worked harder towards it, because I feel cinema is a creative field and it's all about convincing each other. I have never used Shah Rukh's name as a reference. Ravi Sir signed me on my face value; he did not even know that I belonged to Shah Rukh's group. He heard my narration and immediately gave a nod to go ahead with the subject. It was much later that he came to know about my collaboration with SRK. And about my film with Shah Rukh; I am ready with the script on a hard-hitting subject and if things work out, then we will surely work together again. It is a restrictive and raw subject; something he has never experimented with.

How was the experience of working with both the Shahenshah and Baadshah of Bollywood and of course Juhi Chawla been?

Oh fantastic!! Both Amitji and Shah Rukh are highly professional who know the value of the time and what a new director goes through in his first venture. Amitji's enthusiasm and dedication towards the project was amazing. He is man of conviction who never treated me like a new director. My happiness knew no bounds when I shot his first scene, on the other hand, Juhi and Shah Rukh are like family to me, I have worked with them so many times that it feels like home. Working with the legend himself in short, it was an experience worth remembering. Moreover, I'd like to add that there were no tiffs between Shah Rukh and Amitabh it was simply a media gimmick. In fact, Shah Rukh has been so amiable; he would actually gift Amitji DVD games, and at times, I have seen them play it together as well.

There were no tiffs between Shah Rukh and Amitabh; it was simply a media gimmick.

Coming back to Bhootnath, how have you thought of promoting the film?
Very soon one will get to see the teaser of Bhootnath. We have decided upon a very interesting marketing strategy which I don't want to disclose now. It will be one of the finely publicized films to be released on May 9, 2008.

What are your expectations with the film?

Well, my intention was to make a good descent film to maintain the successful journey of B.R films. An unusual story with the presence of Big B and SRK will hopefully make it a hit.
Posted 09 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
I owe my life to television: Shah Rukh Khan

New Delhi, Feb 12 Bollywood megastar Shah Rukh Khan, who started his career as an actor with TV serial "Fauji", says that whatever he has achieved in life is all because of television.

"I started my career with television. I am what I am today because of TV. I owe my life to the small screen and stage," 'King' Khan told IANS.

"It is a welcome change to see the way television has evolved over two decades. There is an amazing change in TV programmes both quality-wise and technically. In fact, films and media (print and electronic), everything has changed," he said.

"Earlier, when we used to go for press conferences there used to be hardly five cameras. Today the count is more than the fingers on your hands," reminisced the star.

He was in the capital Tuesday to promote a new quiz show, "Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain", to be telecast on STAR Plus, which he will host.

The show, based on international TV show "Are you Smarter than a Fifth grader?", will have adult participants contesting to win a whopping Rs.50 million.

Asked if he himself is smarter than a fifth grader, SRK quipped: "I am not as smart as a fifth class student, otherwise I wouldn't have been an actor."

So how was Shah Rukh as a student? "I was very naughty and was nearly suspended once from school but my parents never pushed me very hard. They always said that I must do enough (in studies) so that they are not ashamed. And I did fair in life!"

"I remember my teachers said that I have a devil's smile. Every time I played a prank, I used to smile with dimples on my cheeks and they would let me go. But I was punished many, many times."

Commenting on whether he would like his son Aryan and daughter Suhana to take part in any reality show, he said: "I don't want that for my children, being Shah Rukh Khan's son and daughter should not become an achievement."

"I prey to god and hope when they grow up they achieve something on their own."

Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
V-Day is beyond me:SRK

He is the eternal Rahul of Indian cinema, the lover who always gets the heroine in the end. But call him that and Shah Rukh Khan just throws up his hands and says resignedly, "People call me a lot of names; I don't mind being called any!

Then on a serious note, the King of Romance adds, "I have reached the giving stage of my Bollywood love affair. I want to give more and more love to my audience through my work. If you want to call it love... please go ahead!"

But SRK is not the kind to straitjacket love in the confines of Valentine's Day. "I have never really understood this day. According to me, love has so many facets. For instance, if you asked Don Juan, he would have said that loving 1700 women was the nicest thing in his life.

And I think I would respect that also. The beauty of love is that it has no boundaries. For me, love means my children. I am in love with the undiplomatic and innocent stage of life that they are in," he says. And isn't it a little kid, Darsheel Safary, who is competing with Mr Khan for the Filmfare best actor award too? "Every year the competition keeps getting younger. Very soon, I will be nominated with an unborn baby," he smiles.
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
NEWS ON DON PART 2

Don(e) and then some

Shah Rukh Khan to make Don 2, which will take off from where the first film ended. SRK will be seen at his evil best in the sequel
Kunal M Shah

Devil in disguise: Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan does not give up easily. After the mixed response to his Don, Shah Rukh is all set to make a sequel to the film. The film will be produced by his company Red Chillies in association with Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani's Excel Entertainment.

A source close to SRK informs,?Yes, it is true that SRK wants to make the film and he will be launching it late next year. The entire cast of Don, including Ishaa Koppikar and others, will change. The film will take off from the point where the movie ended with Don surviving the final attack. SRK will go on to become a much bigger and powerful don in the sequel. The character will be completely dark and SRK will be at his evil best.

Reportedly Khan is very kicked by the story and is eager to get all things in place. Farhan will direct the film and his company will also co-produce the film.

Incidentally, Shah Rukh reached the height of his career with two negative roles at the start of his career in Baazighar and Darr.

He will again be seen at his negative best in Don 2.
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
King Khan bags 10% of BAG Glamour for Rs 10 cr

Meenakshi Verma Ambwani NEW DELHI

KING Khan’s entrepreneurial ambitions are getting bigger by the day. The actor, who recently bought Indian Premier League (IPL)’s Kolkata team rights along with actor Juhi Chawla and her hubby Jai Mehta, has now picked up 10% stake in BAG Glamour, a subsidiary of BAG Films & Media, for about Rs 10 crore.
BAG Films & Media is slated to launch its entertainment and wellness channels through BAG Glamour, which will start operations in mid-March.
Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri, who also head production company Red Chillies Entertainment, have picked up the stake in their personal capacity, say sources. Besides being an investor in the company, Khan is expected to play a pivotal role in content ideation for the soon-to-be-launched entertainment channel. “Shah Rukh Khan is also likely to appear for some of the shows on the channel. He is creative and is likely to contribute ideas to channel programming,” said an industry source.
When contacted, BAG Films & Media’s spokesperson refused to comment. In the past, the media company had raised over Rs 62 crore by diluting about 10% equity to Fidelity Funds, Mauritius.
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
Meet Shah Rukh Khan, the poet!

Whether it's Karan Johar, Farah Khan or Vivek Vaswani, Shah Rukh Khan is known to go out of his way for his close and long-lasting friends. It therefore comes as no surprise that he is going to recite poetry in Samar Khan's next film, 'Shaurya'.

The superstar featured in Samar Khan's directorial debut 'Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye', a candyfloss episodic love story, three years ago.

"I consider Shah Rukh my good luck charm. He had made an appearance as himself at the end of 'Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye'. Now for my new film 'Shaurya', Shah Rukh will be doing something he has never done. He'll be reciting poetry," Samar Khan told us.

"The film is about the court martial of a man accused of a terrible war crime. But it's not 'A Few Good Men'. We tend to bring that up in my movie's context because it's the only film in living memory about a court martial."

Why poetry when other friends want him as item boy, for instance, in Soham Shah's 'Kaal'?

"I wanted my writer Jaideep Sarkar to write a theme poem that describes my film's mood. He came up with 'Shaurya kya hai'. The poem captures the essence of my film. Namely, the biases and prejudices prevalent in our society, which tend to isolate and persecute communities and individuals," said Samad Khan.

"Jaideep's lines were extraordinarily lucid. I needed a voice and a presence that could make those lines weighty and still accessible to the man in the remotest corner of the audience," he added.

Samad Khan flew down to Goa to speak to SRK about the poem. "Shah Rukh, of course, being Shah Rukh, agreed immediately. He wanted to record the poem on his laptop then and there. But I wanted him to do it properly in a studio."

The poem by Shah Rukh will be part of the 'Shaurya' soundtrack.

"Adnan Sami has done the music. And we'll be giving Shah Rukh's poem a musical interpretation for the album," said Samad Khan, as he readies his film for an April release.

"The theme of the poem is: we need to find the courage within us to fight injustice and prejudice. 'Shaurya' is the film I wanted to make first but didn't have the courage and the vision to handle as my first film."
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
The King of Bollywood - CNN.com

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Some movie actors are lauded for their performances on the silver screen, earning themselves respect and stardom. But few, if any, Western stars are worshipped in quite the way that Shah Rukh Khan is. In a film career spanning 16 years he has risen to become the most recognizable face of Indian cinema and the most watched movie star in the world.
art.SRK.profile.gi.jpg

Shah Rukh Khan is the biggest movie star in the world. Since his debut in the 1992 feature film 'Deewana', he has dominated Indian cinema.
more photos ?

Shah Rukh Khan's life story is one which Bollywood scriptwriters would have been proud to have penned themselves.

His journey into Indian cinema took in tragedy, romance, determination and luck. It was also highly unconventional for an outsider like Khan to break into the inherently dynastic world of Bollywood.

Khan was born in Delhi in 1965. As a boy growing up, Khan never really dreamed of being an actor, his head and heart were consumed by sport -- notably cricket and hockey -- but injuries put an end to any dreams of becoming a professional sportsman.

But he had also dabbled in drama as a teenager and enrolled at Delhi's Theatre Action Group which had been run by the renowned theatre director Barry John since 1968.

The experience served Khan well, and with TV production starting to boom in India, Khan was soon called upon to appear on the small screen -- his first appearance was in the series "Fauji" in 1988.

Sadly both his parents died before seeing their son achieve success in Bollywood. His father Meer Taj Mohammed -- a lawyer and freedom activist who had campaigned for Indian independence -- died in 1981. His mother Latif Fatima, a magistrate, died 10 years later.

But it was the death of his mother that proved to be the catalyst for Khan switching from the small to big screen. Beset by sadness and depression at the loss of his mother, Khan decided to give the movies a shot and made a permanent move to Mumbai -- the center of filmmaking in India.

It wasn't long before he caught the eye of casting directors and soon a film role was offered to him. But Khan wasn't sure whether he should accept.

"I wasn't very keen," he told CNN. "But there were some friends in TV who convinced me to do it. I was more intellectually inclined. I wanted to do a more serious kind of cinema."

Nevertheless, in 1992 Khan made his film debut in "Deewana," winning him the Filmfare Best Male Debut award.

His continuing reluctance to take his new status and film roles too seriously meant Khan took on parts that some of the more established Bollywood stars would have rejected out of hand.

Khan believed he had nothing to lose, and he happily took on a variety of roles. In 1993 he played a murdering adulterer in "Baazigar." Khan's character (Ajay Sharma) pushes a young Shilpa Shetty off a roof and thus launched her career. The performance earned him his first Filmfare Best Actor award. Unafraid of being typecast, Khan reprised the 'bad guy" role in "Darr" (1993) and "Anjaam" (1994).

Playing the character of Raj Malhotra in the 1995 feature "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" (DDLJ) propelled him to new heights, confirming his versatility and popularity as a Bollywood actor. The film was a huge critical and commercial success, becoming the longest running film ever in Indian cinema -- it continues to run to this day in cinemas in Mumbai.

Khan had become, and remains, the hottest property in Bollywood. Despite his inability to sing -- all his songs are dubbed -- and, at best, an average talent for dancing, he oozes charisma. "His screen presence is still incredible," says his biographer Anu Chopra. "You can't take your eyes off him. He is just completely magnetic."

Box office records continue to be broken, awards continue to stack up -- so far he has won 13 Filmfare awards -- and throughout all of it his personal life has remained settled and happy. Married to Gauri since 1991, the couple had their first son Aryan in 1997. A daughter, Suhana followed in 2000.

The same year Khan, along with his friend and actress Juhi Chawla, set up the production company Dreamz Unlimited. In 2004, he founded Red Chillies Entertainment, which produced the highly successful 'Main Hoon Na' -- the directorial debut of the multi-talented choreographer Farah Khan.

Outside of filmmaking Khan can be seen presenting "Kaun Banega Crorepati" -- India's version of the successful 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" format. And recently, he was part of a consortium which successfully bid for one of the eight new franchises of cricket's Indian Premier League.
advertisement

But his lifelong love for cricket still takes second place to his job as a continuing Bollywood phenomenon. Having already racked up over 60 films, Khan isn't about to shy away from the spotlight that he so openly adores.

"All my life I've worked towards being recognized," he says. "I love it. I am proud that I am a movie star and have no privacy. What is the point if I am a star and no one knows me?"
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
Shah Rukh-Kajol film inspired from real life
12th Feb 2008 22.00 IST
By ApunKaChoice

Despite having the stellar cast comprising Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol , director Karan Johar describes his next film as the "biggest risk" of his life.

The reason for such an admission is not that Johar isn't confident about his starcast. Rather, he thinks he has got the perfect cast to play the leading roles. The reason why Johar thinks the movie is his biggest risk is because it is based on a real story that deals with many other sensitive issues like terrorism and racial and religious labeling.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]
In the film, tentatively titled "Khan" (or My Name Is Khan), SRK and Kajol play a married couple living in the US. SRK plays a Muslim. The story unravels against the backdrop of the twin tower attacks in New York.

The first half of the story is inspired from the true tale of a couple who, Karan says, are based outside India. Karan has bought the rights to the story from the couple.

The story is being penned by Shibani Bhatija. The first half of the plot is based on the true story. But Shibani has fictionalized the second half to make it a gripping emotional drama. Karan is learnt to have approved of the fictionalized part.

"We have fictionalised the second half but the first half is based on a completely true story," Johar is quoted as saying by a Mumbai newspaper.

But now, the director faces the mammoth task of directing such a sensitive subject.

In Karan's words, he is "petrified and mortified" at the thought of directing this film.

But then, that's the fun of direction. Isn't it, Karan?
Posted 14 Feb 2008

khayali says
yas jee thanxx for shaRing yaar yeh to pura
ka pura year ka lagta hai is liye baqi baad mei   
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
no problem, i'll keep it updated as much as i can
Posted 14 Feb 2008

"Yes, I am directing a film for SRK" - Anubhav Sinha

By Joginder Tuteja, February 13, 2008 - 17:27 IST

It's confirmed. Shah Rukh Khan has entrusted Anubhav Sinha (of Dus and Tum Bin fame) with the responsibility of directing a Red Chillies production. Though earlier there were speculations around the authenticity of the news piece, the man at the helm of affairs comes out in open.

"Yes, this is true. I am indeed going to direct this film which would be heavy on CGI and VFX. At this moment no decision has been taken on whether Shah Rukh Khan would be acting in the film or not as the script is still being finalized", says Anubhav Sinha whose last release was Cash.

Budget of this yet untitled film has been pegged at $25 million (Rs. 100 crores) which automatically makes it India's most expensive film ever. What does Anubhav feel about this transition to the super league? "With big power comes bigger responsibilities", chuckles Anubhav while obviously quoting superhero Spiderman.

He continues, "The film is obviously huge and there would be extensive pre-production required for it. Shah Rukh is getting some of the best technicians from the world to work on the project. When he makes a statement that the film has to match the standards set by Spiderman, I have to be continuously on my toes."

Since the film is CGI and VFX laden, is it mainly an animation/special effects film, as reported in some sections of media. "What rubbish", says an amused Anubhav, "You don't spend 100 crores on a core animation film. This is very much going to be a live action film with real people. But yes, it would have high dose of VFX."

It was two years back that Anubhav Sinha had got into a first round discussion with Shah Rukh Khan around the project. Khan went on to do Om Shanti Om in the interim and recently gave a nod to his dream project. Was he overtly bothered about the Cash imbroglio?

"He hasn't spoken to me about it", replies Anubhav, "I don't know whether he has seen Cash or not. In any case, he has been in the entertainment business for long and fully understands what goes behind the scenes for the success or failure of a project."

While work is still on for the production and financing of the film, Shah Rukh Khan is already said to be in talks with Eros Entertainment and visual effects guru Charles Darby who has worked on films like The Matrix and Minority Report. Most of the year 2008 would go into getting the base ready for the film to come on floors.

As per Khan, the film is going to be over the top and a madcap with a feel that would be as beautiful as Spider-Man when it comes to special effects. Though Anubhav Sinha refuses to divulge much about the plot of the film, there are indications that the film with a feel of videogame would be centered on a bunch of children who wish for bad things but get a reality check when they come true.

"Let the suspense stay on about what the film is all about. In any case, I don't wish to reveal much about the film since it is at least a year away. Let me get my act in place till then", signs off Anubhav
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
great news, i loved Dus...it was a good movie, but yeah he got stan's quote all wrong, its "with great power,comes great responsibility".
Posted 14 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
Promo of KAPPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRwXSUKuZxY

Germany Loves SRK

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hQfn8JEjiKk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QOYz0Qoks&feature=related
Posted 28 Feb 2008

funnyyyyy
Posted 28 Feb 2008

'Baazigar 2' - No, 'Badshaah 2' - Yes

By Taran Adarsh, February 26, 2008 - 08:45 IST

Sometime back, there were reports that director duo Abbas-Mustan were planning to put direction on hold temporarily, since they plan to concentrate on film production after having announced a slew of movies. The director duo has signed Rumi Jaffrey [presently directing GOD TUSSI GREAT HO], Rohit Jugraj [JAMES, SUPER STAR] and Nishikant Kamat [director of the Marathi film DOMBIVALI FAST] to direct a film each.

“Sure, we're starting a string of films with Rumi, Rohit and Nishikant, but we aren't putting direction on hold. That's a rumor. As directors, we are committed to Subhash-ji [Ghai], Tips and Venus and we will direct movies, besides producing films simultaneously,” the director duo reveals. Also, brother Hussain, who edits their movies, will also turn independent director soon; his directorial debut will be produced by Abbas-Mustan of course.

Meanwhile, Abbas-Mustan were planning to start sequels to BAAZIGAR and BADSHAAH. What happened to those projects? “BAAZIGAR is still fresh in the minds and frankly, we haven't found a script that lives up to the mammoth expectations. But an idea for BADSHAAH 2 has germinated and the moment the script is ready, we would approach Shah Rukh for it,” they state humbly.
Posted 29 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
lets hope they come up with the orignal story
Posted 29 Feb 2008

mushkil hai
Posted 29 Feb 2008

It’s not about terrorism’
Karan Johar clears the air about his next directorial venture.Karan Johar
Karan Johar has finished scripting his next directorial venture My Name is Khan which will bring Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol together again. He is also turning musical show judge for a channel close to his heart. A t2 chat...
It seems you will take another five years for your next film, just like Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna?
(Giggles) No, no, no. I won’t take another five years. I will be starting my own film in August. Before that I will be producing a film, to be directed by my assistant Tarun Mansukhani. Then there’s another animation film from Dharma Productions which will also be directed by Tarun.
Everyone’s worried that now even Karan Johar is making a film on terrorism...
(Giggles) Just to put all the rumours to rest without revealing too much, my film has nothing to do with terrorism.
So will it be a return to your school of film-making or will you continue to experiment?
I don’t know about that but all I can tell you is that My Name is Khan is an emotional story of a husband and wife (Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol). And I am not making any kind of global statement. The atmosphere in which this couple lives is something that I have never done. But at the heart of it, it is a very human story about a husband and wife.
What are you doing on a musical reality show like Say Shava Shava on NDTV Imagine?
Well, there are a couple of reasons really as to why I am being a judge on the show. First of all I have this association (Karan’s Dharma Productions has a stake in the channel) with NDTV Imagine anyway. And I would have liked to have been part of one of their launch episodes. They came up with this reality show and they were very comfortable with me being on it.
But there is no apparent novelty in the show. It’s the same concept of a few TV stars who cannot sing fighting it out at a singing competition...
I am aware of that. I know as a format, musical reality shows like this have been done before on other channels. But what I like about Say Shava Shava is the tonality of the show. It is planned as a 11-day musical celebration. Just the way we go through the process of a wedding. From the engagement to the sangeet to the bidaai. That’s the real concept. Very much like one of our films.
Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol
But what are your credentials as a judge on a music show?
(Giggles) Nothing. That’s the whole idea. The participants are not professional singers. Most of them are TV stars (Aman Verma, Apurva Agnihotri, Divyanka Tripathi, Juhi Parmar, Mouni Roy, Narayani Shastri, Pulkit Samrat and Sumeet Raghvan). And I am not a professional music judge. I will be judging them as a film-maker. It is the spirit which I found very positive. And it’s great fun. I have only hosted a show for TV (Koffee With Karan). Here I am a judge and I expect this experience to be very different.
Will you be a stern judge like Anu Malik and Shabana Azmi?
I am going to be myself. I would not suddenly start giving my big fat opinions about music because I don’t have them. And I don’t want any unnecessary drama on the show. There should be no tears and slow motions. And there should be no fighting and no judge-contestant war.... You know all those scandals to increase TRPs. Just keep it happy and positive.
As one of the creative honchos of NDTV Imagine are you happy with the starting line-up of the channel?
I have gone through all the shows and the most heartening thing about the shows is that despite being a general entertainment channel the tonality of the shows is far more real. Yes, there are soaps and reality shows and historicals but they are much more believable and should connect much more.
What is your role?
I will always be there as the creative adviser. I will be there as support and feedback. Also, I will bring back my own show on NDTV Imagine in 2009.
Where will you find the time?
There’s enough time for everything if time management is your forte (gig
Posted 13 Mar 2008

Fearless SRK And His Knight Riders To Rule

http://indiafm.com/broadband/video/Special-Features/DlJc6b69 /2/Fearless-SRK-And-His-Knight-Riders-To-Rule.html
Posted 14 Mar 2008

valandrian says
bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320
bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320
bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320bd46320
bd46320
Posted 23 May 2018

Posted 24 Sep 2018

poojasingh says
STUNNING INDEPENDENT CALL GIRLS IN DEHRADUN

Most importantly call girls in Dehradun is the business of the Call Girls which became so prominent that several individuals started setting up different business in the city for the call girl purpose, there emerged competitiveness in the city in terms of the Call Girl business, we have various call girls service providers in the Dehradun city and each service providers ensures they satisfy their client in order to outrun other service providers, for instance, The Dehradun change Call Girls services in Dehradun, The Escort Service Dehradun, The Romiyo Escort service in Dehradun and several other Call services in the city. These various call girls service providers advertised their service as a world-class provider of call girl in Dehradun and added that they engaged in offering better-escorting background, several girls are available to offer ranging from the Indian, Russian, fair Middle Eastern beautiful girls who would offer the best incall service satisfying your needs and also giving you a memorable moment of life.

https://girlsingurgaon.in/
https://rishikeshgirls.in/call-girls-in-dehradun/
https://rishikeshgirls.in/call-girls-in-gurgaon/
https://muskangirlsdwarka.in/high-profile-call-girls-gurgaon/
https://muskangirlsdwarka.in/gurgaon/
https://www.singledate.in/call-girls-huda-city-center/
https://muskangirlsdwarka.in/sikanderpur-gurgaon/
https://muskangirlsdwarka.in/services/call-girls-in-delhi/
https://www.singledate.in/
https://muskangirlsdwarka.in/
https://rishikeshgirls.in/
https://shipranoida.in/