’Sarkar Raj’

9641 views 56 replies
Reply to Topic
Miss mine

Total Posts: 10587

“Power cannot be given…it has to be taken,” says the punchline of Ram Gopal Varma’s film Sarkar Raj .

The movie stars Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai in leading roles.

While Sarkar was inspired from Francis Ford Coppola’s ‘The Godfather’, ‘Sarkar Raj’ has nothing to do with ‘Godfather 2’. It also does not take off from where ‘Sarkar’ ended. In Ram Gopal Varma ’s words, ‘Sarkar Raj’ is about a new episode, full of political adventure, in the life of the Nagre family.

Characters:

Amitabh Bachchan as Sarkar

Big B plays Sarkar or Subhash Nagre, whom the people regard as their messiah. Having come up the hard way, he knows the pulse of his people and does what he thinks is best for them…law and system be damned.

Abhishek Bachchan as Shankar Nagre

Shankar is a management graduate from the US. He has been helping his father (Sarkar) in his services to the people. He is shown in the film as a sophisticated individual with leadership skills in politics. He desires to bring business and prosperity to his land and the common people.

Aishwarya Rai as Anita Rajan

Anita is an aggressive and highly ambitious business woman from London. She will stop at nothing to achieve her goals. She unwittingly unleashes a vicious war between the forces of tradition and progress.

Synopsis:

The film is an intense political drama and is essentially a study of power. It explores the politics of development and takes a fresh look at the tradition versus modernity debate.

When Anita Rajan (Aishwarya Rai), CEO of Sheppard Power Plant, an international company, brings a power plant proposal to set up in rural Maharashtra before the Nagres, an insightful Shankar (Abhishek Bachchan) is quick to realize the benefits the power plant can bring to the people.

After convincing Sarkar (Amitabh Bachchan), who is against it for various reasons, Shankar undertakes a journey along with Anita to the villages of Maharashtra to mobilize support from the masses.

However, things are not what they seem to be and Shankar’s dream project gradually becomes a political minefield.

It is against this backdrop, evil forces mightier than ever, gang up together to bring down the regime of Sarkar and obliterate Sarkar’s name from political horizon.

‘Sarkar Raj’ is produced by Praveen Nishcol and Ram Gopal Varma. The film’s story is written by Prashant Pandey and its music is by Bappi-Tutul. The background music is by Amar Mohile.

‘Sarkar Raj’ is set to release in June, 2008.

Posted 24 May 2008

~CHANDNI~ says
WAOOOOO all family TOgather   GUd
Posted 24 May 2008

~tasha~ says
Ram Gopal Varma's sequel to Sarkar will be called Sarkar Raj. The director is satisfied with the title and says it is apt because it defines the political intrigue in a family like the Corleones in The Godfather.

Part two brings together the Bachchans - Amitabh, Abhishek and Aishwarya.

"That's the title I thought of when I wanted to do the sequel," Varma told IANS. "Somehow Sarkar 2 or Sarkar Again seems off the mark."

"Sarkar Raj is apt because I feel it defines the political intrigue in a family like the Corleones in The Godfather or the Nagare family in Sarkar. Like the first part the second will be a family film. It was never meant to be an underworld film," he added.

Apart from the Bachchans, Sarkar Raj features mostly unknown faces.

"I've taken lots of stage and theatre actors because I want the film to look fresh and very different from the earlier part."

The director is working with Aishwarya for the first time.

"We've worked hard on the look. The glamour of Aishwarya in Sarkar Raj will be that she won't be glamorous. She's so intrinsically beautiful it will be a challenge to make her look simple. But I want her to look like nothing she has done so far."

As for the Big B, "Mr Bachchan and I've discussed at least a dozen ideas. If I had my way I'd have Mr. Bachchan in all my films. Nishabd, Sholay and Sarkar Raj are our three films together this year."

Cutting down the belief that the Big B would have less to do in the Sarkar sequel, Varma said: "Though Abhishek takes over the empire, he would still be looking at Mr. Bachchan for guidance in the film."
Posted 27 May 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 27 May 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 27 May 2008

new_beau says
Waiting for this
Posted 27 May 2008

Need4$peed says
~tasha~ said:

Ashhhhhhhhh
Posted 27 May 2008

waiting for this movie....
Posted 28 May 2008

sweetie says
as always, Ash luks nice in dis movie
Posted 28 May 2008

Miss mine says

stunning
Posted 29 May 2008

~tasha~ says
Need4$peed said:

~tasha~ said:

Ashhhhhhhhh

Posted 29 May 2008

~tasha~ says
sweetie said:

as always, Ash luks nice in dis movie

no doubt
Posted 29 May 2008

~tasha~ says
Miss mine said:

stunning

Posted 29 May 2008

chandbabu says
waiting
Posted 02 Jun 2008

seen today,,,awesomeeeeeeeeeee movie..abhishek and ash were too good ..ash was looking marvelous there should be another sarkar movie
Posted 10 Jun 2008

Posted 10 Jun 2008

wese sahi game chalayie us admi ney...
Posted 11 Jun 2008

Cathy says
~tasha~ said:

AwesummMmMm ...! Undoubtedly beautiful
Posted 14 Jun 2008

Fairl_Girl says
YEH TO PURE FMAILY PAGAL HO CHUKI HAI
Posted 14 Jun 2008

shipra says
I also think the same tre should b another sarkar sequel.Great movie.
Posted 19 Jun 2008

chandbabu says
pata nahi achi ho gi k nahi
Posted 19 Jun 2008

SupidGuy says

Good Movie!!!!

viewers shud watch the Movie Sarkar first!!!

does anyone have any idea when its next wud release????

Posted 21 Jun 2008

chandbabu says
ya sg sarkar nice mivie hai
Posted 23 Jun 2008

~tasha~ says
Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

~tasha~ says

Posted 17 Aug 2008

sarkar raj was awesome...specially end scene...
Posted 18 Aug 2008

Reply to Topic