Bolly Gossips

5081 views 55 replies
Reply to Topic
~Fragi~

Total Posts: 64603

Akshay and Deepika to team up again

There has been a buzz that writer, producer, director Anees Bazmee has signed Akshay Kumar and Deepika Padukone for his next venture to be directed by UTV. This will be their third project together as having done Chandni Chowk To China before, they are presently also doing Sajid Khan's Housefull.

Speaking to press Anees Bazmee said, "I have not signed anyone as yet. We are in talks. I am interested and so is UTV in doing a film together. We are working on the economics right now."

Meanwhile director Bazmee is also busy completing his next titled It's My Life with Hurman S Baweja, Genelia D'Souza and Nana Patekar.

"The subject of this film is close to my heart. It is on the lines of Pyar To Hona Hi Tha, unlike other comedies that I have director so far" added Bazmee.

Hurman's earlier ventures Love Story 2050 and Victory were great box office duds but director Bazmee is confident about his venture. "I have not seen both the films but I am confident of my subject. His earlier films Love story dealt with future whereas Victor went into the past.

My film is totally a today's film. I am confident because I know the grammar of a good script. Nana Patekar has performed a unique role in the film.

It has music by Shankar Ehsaan Loy and has been shot in Norway, Bangkok and Delhi" Bazmee revealed.

The director also added that marketing plays an important aspect in the success of the film. "I am paying a lot of attention towards it since I have realised that a lot of actors are working out on strategies of marketing before their releases."

"After the completion of this film I will be starting work on Anil Kapoor's film in March starring Anil Kapoor himself alongwith Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Sushmita Sen and Paresh Rawal.

This will be a hardcore commercial venture an action comedy." he concluded.

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Kareena once again? Why not: Shahid Kapoor

Shahid Kapur says he doesn't mind working with ex-girlfriend Kareena Kapoor if a filmmaker wanted him to.

“I would like to work with her again. I feel that as an actor if my producer wants me to romance with a cow or a buffalo also, I'll do it because that's my job,” Shahid said on Zee News' celebrity chat show “Kahiye Janab”.

Shahid and Kareena teamed up for three films. While "Fida" and "Chup Chup Ke" bombed at the box office, "Jab We Met" was a blockbuster. Sadly, their relationship soured while shooting for this romantic comedy.

Now Shahid is linked with India's tennis star Sania Mirza.

Asked about Sania, he said: “She is a very good friend of mine, but I don't want to discuss my personal life.”

Posted 08 Feb 2009

MrDeath says
i hope AK does not repeat cc2c again
Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Sonam Kapoor's hot and sizzling surprise

We told you this will happen and look...this is all happening, right here, right now!

We are indeed talking about the rise, rise and super-rise of the 'Surp-rise' discovery of 2007, Sonam Kapoor, who is having the whole of 2009 going in her favour!

On the professional front, on one hand, while she has been chosen as the Brand Ambassador of the cosmetic giant L'Oreal and a big film (Delhi 6) lined up for release, on the other; she is all over the place as being the cover-girl of a trillion mags.

This chic's latest conquest is the latest issue of the uber-cool magazine Verve, for which she has done an exclusive photo-shoot which was shot on the sunny beaches of the Maldives.

One look at those 'holiest-than-thou' snaps and you are bound to get impressed with her zest for life, the love and cheer she spreads liberally and a sharply discerning mind that doesn't allow for compromise.

Full marks to Verve for discovering the undiscovered aspects of the petite Sonam Kapoor.

Lastly, what one observes is that, those (read 'critics') who had panned and pulled Sonam Kapoor down immediately after her Bollywood's debut vehicle Saawariya will now have to eat their own words now. Welcome aboard... Sonam Kapoor!

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Genelia D'souza to endorse Fanta Apple

Last year Genelia D'souza made quite a sparkling comeback with the teeny-bopper romance Jaane Tu...Ya Jaane Na.

While she may not have had a release post JTYJN, Genelia certainly is a busy girl courtesy her forthcoming films and endorsements.

The latest is that Genelia has been signed as the brand ambassador for Fanta. The vivacious actress will be endorsing Fanta Apple (a new variant of Fanta). A television commercial featuring Genelia has also been shot which will go on air soon.

After Asin gave us a dose of 'Paagalpanti' with her Mirinda commercial, lets see if Genelia can bring her own charm to the Fanta Apple drink.

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
MrDeath said:

i hope AK does not repeat cc2c again

agreed

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Like SRK, My Name Is Khan too

After bagging accolades from one and all for his powerhouse act in A Wednesday, things certainly seem to be looking brighter for Jimmy Sheirgill. The talented actor has been signed to play a pivotal role in Karan Johar's much talked about SRK- Kajol starrer My Name Is Khan.

If the buzz is to be believed, then Jimmy plays the role of SRK's brother in the film. The role was earlier supposed to be played by Jimmy's co-star from A Wednesday, Aamir Bashir. It may be recalled that Jimmy had starred with Shah Rukh way back in 2000 in Yash Raj Films' Mohabbatein.

Jimmy surely must be hoping that this time too, his pairing with SRK manages to strike gold at the B.O.

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Sushmita is the latest victim of Asin Mania

With age catching up with her fast and her Bollywood acting career as well direction plans not picking up, Ex Miss Universe Sushmita Sen has got an additional blow. Famous Shampoo brand, Pantene has ended their contract with her.

Our source informs, "Sushmita Sen has been told by Pantene officials that she won't be continuing as their brand ambassador anymore.

Pantene wants to look at younger options it seems and one to be approached will be Ghajini starlet Asin, who is long flowing hair. Sushmita who was once doing well on the ad scene has now been left with just one ad campaign that of International cosmetic brand Olay."

Sushmita's last hit has been Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya way back in 2005 and post that she has only delivered flops.

Though she has three releases up for release this year that's Do Knot Disturb, Dulha Mil Gaya and the long in the waiting Karma, Confessions and Holi but she is not considered amongst the A list actresses anymore and her market standing has fallen down tremendously. No wonder ad campaigners are shying away from her.

Posted 08 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Rahman still working on Delhi 6 background music

Barely two weeks away from release, and Delhi 6 still doesn't have its full background music.

Rahman whose schedules went haywire due to the unscheduled commitments in Los Angeles for the Golden Globe has been working frantically to meet the deadline.

While the film's songs quickly move up the charts the background music still needs to be fully completed. Holed away from public eye in his studio in Chennai Rahman has been burning the midnight oil trying to get the music in place.

On Thursday night Rakeysh flew to Chennai once more for portions of the background music.

But will the film now be able to release on schedule on Feb 20?

There seemed to be no sign of panic in Rakeysh's attitude. "As far as I'm concerned we're on. The background score is nearly done. I'm flying down with one reel that needs looking into. And the mixing is now on.

When it's Rahman you know the pace and by now you're used to it. And look at the songs. The connect that they've found with listeners is amazing.

T Series is not able to keep with the supply order. I personally feel the background score is shaping up even better. In fact we plan to release a separate album of the background."

But with a huge release planned for 20 February Rahman's genius is really cutting it close.And not every filmmaker would be as patient and enamoured of Rahman's genius as Rakeysh Mehra

Posted 08 Feb 2009

kewl....gosssip fragi

need more
not enuff
esp on john
and dino
Posted 09 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
oh yeah sure y not
Posted 09 Feb 2009

erm?
kab phir?
Posted 09 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
sooon
Posted 09 Feb 2009

hmm still waiting
Posted 10 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Shahid is not the new man in my life: Priyanka

Priyanka Chopra and her parents are preparing for a major upheaval in their family in 2009. Priyanka's 19-year old brother Siddharth leaves for Switzerland to train as a chef.

"That's right. My brother is leaving for this college in Switzerland early next year to train in the culinary arts and hospitality. And it's breaking my mom's heart. My brother has never been away on his own, not even for a day. How will he manage on his own? We're so anxious."

Priyanka's mother is planning to accompany Siddharth initially. "She'll probably get a cottage near his colleage and stay near him. But I feel he needs to grow up. He's 19. At 19 I was working. Siddharth is very passionate about cooking. Very few people have a chance in life to follow their dream."

Priyanka's dad is also planning to follow his dream in 2009. His long-cherished dream of cutting an album is happening. And Priyanka will be probablt be pitching in.

"My Dad has been planning an album forever. I'd love to be part of it. But before that I need to train my voice. I won't just sing for a lark."

For Priyanka this is a time for gratitude. "After the Taj thing I went to so many funerals.It just depressed me and made me grateful for what I have. I've my family. My father is well again, touchwood. My brother is embarking on a career. I'm healthy. I'm so thankful for what I have."

Priyanka has buried the hatchet with Lara Dutta. "She has transformed herself so wonderfully in Billu Barbar to a village woman, I 'm amazed. I've a song with Shah Rukh in the film. I did it because Shah Rukh asked me. Also I had never worked with Priyan Sir before."

She is gung-ho about her next two releases. "Kaminey and What's Your Rashee are very different. But so were my films in 2008. Though Love Story 2050 and Drona didn't do well they were unique.And Dostana? You think that was run of the mill?"

Priyanka squashes rumours of a special friendship with Shahid Kpaoor. On record she claims she has no man in her life. "And I don't miss a personal life. The high I get at work is unmatchable. Harman? Trust me, I love living with my parents. They need me now more than ever when my brother is leaving home. Marriage is scary."

Posted 10 Feb 2009

Posted 11 Feb 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
Nice topic
Posted 11 Feb 2009

jag says

It’s going to take much more than just rubbishing animosity claims for the two hot-bod actresses,
Katrina and Kareena to put up a show of solidarity and sisterhood. Going by their current actions,
it’s evident that the war between them is just getting messier by the day. And the latest feat in this
cutthroat competition is bagged by the no longer size-zero diva of Bollywood, Kareena Kapoor.

The actress has replaced Katrina in the much-awaited sequel of 2008’s biggest success ‘Race’.
Directed by Abbas Mastan, the film will have real life couple Saif and his arm-candy Kareena romancing
on reel. Even though, the ever so eager love-birds Saif and Kareena’s first flick as a couple ‘Tashan’
might have fizzled out without a trace at the BO, that’s not keeping the top notch directors from
signing on the glamorous two-some.

Speaking to a news daily, Ramesh Taurani from Tips says, "Yes, we are already working on the script of
Race 2. We were thrilled with Race's success. Theatrically and overseas, it grossed Rs 120 crore and
was one of the blockbusters of 2008; that's why we are planning a sequel to it. Abbas-Mustaan will
direct the sequel while Saif and Anil will be retained. We are also going in for new casting with the
sequel. Kareena will act in Race 2 opposite Saif. In Race, the story will be different while some of
the characters will remain the same."

What’s more is that the sequel is going to be much thrilling and bigger than it’s first part and going
by Saif and Kareena’s camaraderie it’s bound to be sexier. Talking to a news daily Saif said, "I am
very excited to be part of the Race sequel. I have been offered many sequels but there are only
certain films which merit a sequel Race is one of them. We aim to make Race 2 better than the
original. It will be slicker, faster, sexier, more thrilling and upgraded in a much bigger way from
Race." Well, with Katrina out of the film, the conspiracy has already begun.
Posted 11 Feb 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
YOur topic made Topic of the week

wel done fragi

Topic made sticky 4 a week
Posted 11 Feb 2009

hope shahid and kareena make a come back again
Posted 11 Feb 2009

jag says
London_Girl said:

hope shahid and kareena make a come
back again

I think you don't want Saif to remain happy
Posted 11 Feb 2009

sweetie says

he luks better wid preity.. dan wid kareena
Posted 11 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
i think shahid n sania looks great
Posted 12 Feb 2009

Miss mine says
administrator said:

It’s going to take much more than just rubbishing animosity claims for the two hot-bod actresses,
Katrina and Kareena to put up a show of solidarity and sisterhood. Going by their current actions,
it’s evident that the war between them is just getting messier by the day. And the latest feat in this
cutthroat competition is bagged by the no longer size-zero diva of Bollywood, Kareena Kapoor.

The actress has replaced Katrina in the much-awaited sequel of 2008’s biggest success ‘Race’.
Directed by Abbas Mastan, the film will have real life couple Saif and his arm-candy Kareena romancing
on reel. Even though, the ever so eager love-birds Saif and Kareena’s first flick as a couple ‘Tashan’
might have fizzled out without a trace at the BO, that’s not keeping the top notch directors from

Speaking to a news daily, Ramesh Taurani from Tips says, "Yes, we are already working on the script of
Race 2. We were thrilled with Race's success. Theatrically and overseas, it grossed Rs 120 crore and
was one of the blockbusters of 2008; that's why we are planning a sequel to it. Abbas-Mustaan will
direct the sequel while Saif and Anil will be retained. We are also going in for new casting with the
sequel. Kareena will act in Race 2 opposite Saif. In Race, the story will be different while some of

What’s more is that the sequel is going to be much thrilling and bigger than it’s first part and going
by Saif and Kareena’s camaraderie it’s bound to be sexier. Talking to a news daily Saif said, "I am
very excited to be part of the Race sequel. I have been offered many sequels but there are only
certain films which merit a sequel Race is one of them. We aim to make Race 2 better than the
original. It will be slicker, faster, sexier, more thrilling and upgraded in a much bigger way from

kareena rocks
Posted 12 Feb 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
administrator said:

wah g
Posted 13 Feb 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
administrator said:

London_Girl said:

hope shahid and kareena make a come
back again

I think you don't want Saif to remain happy

lolz abb to ADDZ may bhi satg sath arahy hay dono
Posted 13 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Check out SRK's chemistry with other Khans

This week, Shah Rukh Khan would be seen sharing screen space for the first time with yet another 'Khan'- the talented Irrfan Khan. The film in question is SRK's home production Billu and is directed by well-known filmmaker Priyadarshan.

As SRK pairs up with yet another Khan, we takes a trip down memory lane and sees some of Shah Rukh's on-screen pairing with the other 'Khans of Bollywood'.

With Aamir Khan
Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan coming together in one film is a dream come true for any avid movie-goer. While the two 'Khan-tastic' actors are yet to do a full-fledged film together, they were recently seen playing themselves in interesting cameos in Zoya Akhtar's directorial debut Luck By Chance.

Sadly though, they didn't share any screen space. However, hard-core film buffs would know that Aamir and SRK have shared screen space for a few minutes in the Deepak Tijori starrer Pehla Nasha (1993).

Incidentally, that film was directed by Ashutosh Gowarikar (who has directed both Aamir and SRK in Lagaan and Swades respectively). The sequence in Pehla Nasha showed Aamir, SRK, Saif etc congratulating Deepak (who plays an actor in the film) at a film awards show.

With Saif Ali Khan
Like we mentioned earlier, Saif Ali Khan was also one of the stars doing a cameo alongside Aamir, SRK in Ashutosh Gowarikar's Pehla Nasha. A decade after that, in the year 2003, it was Karan Johar who brought back SRK and Saif Ali Khan in Nikhil Advani directed Kal Ho Naa Ho.

The film became a runaway hit and since then SRK and Saif became quite a hit pair. While the duo didn't do any film together post that (barring Saif's cameo in OSO) they have been quite regular at hosting award shows and even in the world of TV commercials, the latest being the Airtel one.

With Fardeen Khan
Shah Rukh Khan did a cameo in the Fardeen Khan- Akshay Kumar- Ritesh Deshmukh starrer Heyy Babyy but unfortunately King Khan and Fardeen didn't get to share screen space. The duo would however be seen in the 'long in the making' flick Dulha Mil Gaya directed by Mudassar Aziz. The film is expected to release later this year.

With Salman Khan
Before their ugly spat last year at Katina Kaif's birthday party, Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan starred in many films together. In fact Salman is the 'Khan' with whom Shah Rukh has done maximum films. The duo first starred in Rakesh Roshan's super hit film Karan Arjun way back in 1995.

Post that, Karan Johar got the duo back together in the blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and they later starred alongside Madhuri Dixit in K.C. Bokadia's Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam (2002).

Besides the above mentioned films, SRK did a guest appearance in Salman starrer Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega and Sallu returned the favor by grooving in the title track of SRK's home production Om Shanti Om.

The duo also did cameos in the highly forgettable flick Dushman Duniya Ka. We hope the cold war between the two superstars ends soon so that we get to see them back together setting the screen on fire.

With Zayed Khan
In Farah Khan's highly entertaining Main Hoon Na, Shah Rukh Khan and Zayed Khan came together for the first time.

The duo played brothers and complimented each other quite brilliantly. The film is among the high-points of Zayed's career and even though they haven't starred in a film post that, Zayed didn't let go off the chance to shake a leg with SRK in the title track of Om Shanti Om.

With Arbaaz Khan
Shah Rukh and Salman may not be on talking terms now but SRK is still pretty close to Sallu's brother Arbaaz and his wife Malaika. Barring Arbaaz's cameo in the title track of OSO (which featured almost the entire Bollywood fraternity), the duo are yet to star in a film together.

Posted 15 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Katrina Kaif’s speech dilemma

Katrina is once again in buzz. No this time not because of her boyfriend Salman Khan but her role in Prakash Jha’s Rajniti.

As we all know that her character in Rajniti has been inspired by Sonia Gandhi while Ranbir Kapoor will play Rajiv Gandhi.

Apparently the film focuses more on her character’s political career.

Needless to say Katrina has to deliver long speeches in front of lot of public and this is going to be a tough challenge for Katrina who can barely deliver her Hindi dialogues with ease.

We heard that Katrina has been attending voice modulation classes to sound convincing for a politician’s character. It will be interesting for audiences to hear Katrina’s speeches without her heavy English accent.

Posted 15 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Brand Bebo is all set to go international

Kareena Kapoor will don the cover of a leading international magazine. It will also have detailed write up on the big brand that she is and how her power packed performances in Hindi films have even taken the international audience by storm. The cover shoot will be shot in Mauritius.

The costumes of leading international brands Chanel, Valentino and Gaultier will be airdashed from Italy to Mauritius.

"A stylist from Italy will be presnet during the shoot, " said a source close to Kareena.

The source added, "However Kareena's make-up and hair will be done by Subhash Vagal who has worked with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in all her Loreal ads. The resort has been booked in Mauritius for the shoot."

While back in Bollywood the Kapoor lass proved to be a total workaholic. She has 4 releases back to back this year. She's currently shooting day and night for the most awaited film of the year Sajid Nadiadwala's Kambakth Ishq with Akshay Kumar, Raju Hirani's 3 Idiots with Aamir Khan, Main aur Mrs Khanna with Salman Khan and Illuminati Films Agent Vinod.

She has no time for herself and is stretching herself to finish the shooting schedules on time. She is such a through professional that she is shooting double shifts to complete her movies.

Kareena is playing a different character in all her upcoming movies. She has proved her acting finesse with her various roles in Chameli, Omkara, Jab We Met. She has also changed her looks to suit her various characters.

She is such a perfectionst like Aamir Khan that she gets into the skin of her character like her portrayal of Geet in Jab We Met. Reveals a close source, "Even though she had fallen ill in between with high temperature and flu she yet went on with her shooting schedule".

She is shooting till the wee hours of the morning. Kareena is the true Diva in bollywood today. She's a combination of Kajol and Aishwariya Rai. She's the perfect combination of an actor and glamorous style icon.

Now Everbody is looking forward to see Kareena in her new avatar. She will be rocking in 2009.

Posted 15 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Hurman and Genelia's lucky connection

Truth is stranger than fiction. This we learnt when we observed the strange coincidence that Sanjay Kapoor shares with Hurman Baweja and Genelia Dsouza.

Hurman is starring in Sanjay's first film as a producer called ITS MY LIFE along with Genelia Dsouza.

A source close to Sanjay said, "Hurman's debut venture Love Story 2050 was released on the same day as Genelia's Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.

And recently Victory and Luck By Chance hit the theatres on the same day too. And has fate would have it both Hurman films failed while Jaane and Luck became hits.

But this time around Sanjay — who recieved much appreciation for his performance in LBC — is hoping that, Genelia's luck rubs off on It's My life."

Posted 15 Feb 2009

~Fragi~ says
Hurman will bounce back with It's My Life

Hurman S. Baweja's Victory may have fared poorly at the box office, but Annees Bazmi, the director of his next film "It's My Life", is unperturbed. He says the actor would come out trumps with the light-hearted romantic film, which is a remake of Telugu superhit "Bommarillu".

"Hurman is a hardworking boy and that is something we all would agree after both his films. They may not have worked, but in filmmaking there are so many factors that decide the fate of a movie at the box office. Hurman has done very well in 'It's My Life'. The audience will love his pairing with Genelia D' Souza, " Bazmee told.

Hurman's all three forthcoming projects are very high profile. While his immediate release is "It's My Life", it will be followed by Ashutosh Gowariker's "What's Your Rashee" where he is paired opposite Priyanka Chopra. His next would be a Sanjay Leela Bhansali project which is still untitled.

"It's My Life" is a critical project not only for Hurman, after a hat- trick of successes in the form of "Singh Is Kinng", "Welcome" and "No Entry", Bazmee too has to prove a point - that he can set the cash registers ringing even when it comes to romantic films.

"You are forgetting 'Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha'. It was a good success as well, but was there any comedy? It was a complete musical entertainer, something that I can vouch for 'It's My Life' as well. With the film, I am sure Hurman will bounce back."

Bazmee isn't too worried about recession either. According to him, it isn't really impacting the films being directed by him.

"The entire boom followed by burst was witnessed in last two-three years while I have been in the industry for 30 years. I think I can say that I have seen it all quite closely. This is why I have never been unreasonable when it comes to the budget of my films. It has always been set in a decent range; hence the price cut doesn't impact my films.

He argues that films are doing well even today.

"Look at the back-to-back success of 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' and 'Ghajini'. People did go to watch them in theatres, even when all thought that post- Mumbai terror attacks, no one would venture into theatres.

This means that films are doing well even today. Even 'Chandni Chowk To China' did fetch in good numbers to begin with. It's just the price which is failing, " said Bazmee.

Meanwhile, the shooting of "It's My Life" will soon enter its last leg with the final schedule in Delhi, which is expected to take place soon. Bazmee is confident that this film, which also stars Nana Patekar in a key role, would be ready for release in June-July.

The film is being produced by Sanjay Kapoor.

Posted 15 Feb 2009

Reply to Topic