Europa jersey

521 views 6 replies
Reply to Topic
yehongkun362330

Total Posts: 0

Sir Alex Ferguson has praised Manchester’s unity in the wake of Monday’s terrorist attack and underlined the significance of United’s Europa League success over Ajax. Manchester City and United have come together to pledge ?1m to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund on a day the city prepared to offer up a defiant message that it is open for business. How Manchester United can be improved to compete with the elite Jamie Jackson Jamie Jackson Read more Both clubs pledged the sum to the Neftali Feliz Jersey fund which was set up to assist the families and dependants of the 22 people who died in the Manchester Arena terrorist attack, which also left 64 people injured, many of them critically. Ferguson paid tribute to the victims and thinks his former side’s 2-0 victory over Ajax in the final of the Europa League may have helped to raise spirits during a desperate week. He told Sky Sports News: “First of all, Manchester is a working class city and it has fantastic people there. They went through some difficult times in the past, they will get together because they’ve got a working class ethic about them and there’s a great unity there in the city. “I think United gave the city a lift and I think that was what it was about. We’re all proud of them, it was a great achievement.” While a number of sports have curtailed planned events in the wake of the Government’s decision to raise the national terror threat level to critical, organisers said Friday’s Great CityGames will go ahead as planned. Wayne Rooney: ‘I’ve made http://www.authenticmilwaukeebrewers.com/Orlando-Arcia-Jersey my mind up on my future and have lots of offers’ Read more The former Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford backed the decision to stage the event which will take place in a temporary arena in Albert Square, the scene of Tuesday’s emotional vigil for those who were killed and injured in the attack. Rutherford said: “After such a tragic and heinous event, I think it’s important that everybody comes together and shows it’s not going to stop people leading a normal life. “That seems to be the overriding sense from everybody here. I think it’s wonderful that it’s still going ahead and I hope it will be a lovely tribute to those who lost their lives and those injured in the attack. “I think it will be amazing to see the people come out and get behind the event, not just for the sport but to show they’re not going to let the terrorists win.” Meanwhile, the Great Manchester Run will also take place on Sunday. More than 35,000 are scheduled to take part, with organisers saying they had to turn away thousands of new applications this weekFor Liverpool it was meant to be a celebration of the season just finished; for Sydney FC, a club also with good cause for celebration after their title-winning campaign, it was a chance to prove themselves against a grand old European club – albeit one that was tired, jet-lagged and understrength. At the end of a predictably pedestrian close-season match in the harbour city, it was the visitors who most fulfilled their pre-match aspirations in a comfortable 3-0 win, much to the delight of the heavily pro-Liverpool crowd, after goals by Daniel Sturridge, Alberto Moreno and Roberto Firmino set up the mother of all smash and grabs. Jürgen Klopp demands consistent Champions League spot for Liverpool Read more Liverpool will turn round http://www.officialcardinalsbaseball.com/authentic-3-jedd-gyorko-jersey.html their post-season trip to Australia in devastatingly quick, and possibly unprecedented, fashion: in not much longer than it takes to say “veni, vidi, vici”, Liverpool came on Wednesday morning, saw the Opera House, signed some autographs in the afternoon, and conquered Sydney in the evening. Having secured their place in next season’s Champions League just on Sunday, Jürgen Klopp’s side will return to Liverpool on Thursday evening, having made their mark on Australia once again in just 36 hours – and banked a presumably sizeable cheque for their efforts. “That was the most intense away game I’ve ever had,” said Klopp. “I’ve no idea how the players did it. Obviously they’ve enjoyed it.” When asked what the players’ response was on being told they were expected to travel to the other side of the world at the end of a long, hard campaign, Klopp added: “Because I’m the boss, they were not too critical but I could see in their eyes they would have done different things.” Few in the crowd were here to watch the A-League champions, who had to settle for the role of bridesmaids, two weeks after they were headlining in their grand final win over Melbourne Victory. Make no mistake, this was a night all about Liverpool, from the rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone and the massive club badge in the centre circle before the game to the rousing reception given to veteran call-ups Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher on their substitution moments into the second half. That pair were replaced by Steve McManaman and Daniel Agger, a sepia-tinged change that only added to the festival atmosphere. The massed ranks in the stands at ANZ Stadium – some 72,892 of them – wore red almost as one; they were entirely united in standing together before kick-off as both sides paused for reflection with their heads bowed to pay tribute to the victims of the Manchester Arena attack, half a world Jeff Zatkoff Authentic Jersey away but still keenly felt here. Missing stars Philippe Coutinho and Emre Can, who didn’t make the trip, and with James Milner, Nathanial Clyne and Georginio Wijnaldum not named in the squad, Liverpool fielded just three of their 11 starters who beat Middlesbrough in the Premier League on Sunday – Dejan Lovren, Firmino and SturridgeSydney FC, missing their own star man, Milo? Ninkovi?, plus Jordy Bjuis, Bernie Ibini and the departed Filip Holo?ko, otherwise put out a strong team. Nevertheless, there is no hiding the clear gulf in class between any team in England’s top flight and one from the A-League, even on a night like this. With the likes of Firmino showing early flashes of class and Gerrard turning back the clock with the odd touch that made the crowd swoon, Liverpool dominated the early stages. Sturridge, whose future is likely to dominate headlines over the UK summer, also shone early and it was he who opened the scoring on seven minutes, having turned Alex Wilkinson inside out before finding the bottom corner. together with the Liverpool supporters
Posted 27 May 2017

Reply to Topic