Lendl concedes it could turn into a James Johnson Jersey

195 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
lucyweiweiwei

Total Posts: 0

What becomes obvious in conversation with Coyotes Womens Jersey Ivan Lendl is that his hard-nosed approach to the physical demands of his sport is the perfect antidote to the [img width=118,height=118]http://www.authenticphillieshop.com/images//mlb_jerseys_new/philadelphia_phillies/phillies_320.jpg[/img] occasionally downbeat world view of Andy Murray.It is a working athlete’s natural inclination to seek comfort in hardship. If it was easy, goes the thinking, everyone would be doing it; because it is not, the best survive and prosper. A word that recurs more often than most in a Murray interview is “tough”.Certainly, with three slams to his name and the prospect of fighting for another one this weekend – after indifferent clay form, shingles, flu, injury and some struggles in his first five matches at this French Open – Murray has cause to wonder if he is in the best Alex Goligoski Womens Jersey possible shape to play Stan Wawrinka in their semi-final on Friday. He says he is. “Physically, I feel great,” he said after defeating Kei Nishikori in four sets on Wednesday.Enter his coach. “You have to put in consistent work to have consistent results,” Lendl said on Thursday. “If you have three illnesses and an injury which take you out for some time, you start again. You get going and you get ill or injured again, then you start again and again and again. It’s very difficult mentally for the player.“It’s nice that Andy’s healthy and he can put the practices in – and I think the results are starting to come. I had a few injuries or have been ill at the wrong time of the year when I needed to do a training block. It happens.“With the exception of the first two or three days, when he had a bit of flu, he has been putting in great work. He scraped through the first two matches and then the work started to come in.”Murray has also complained in the past that the four-month gap between the first two slams of the season can affect a player’s motivation. Lendl demurs.“Of course, you focus on the slams but, in order to play well in the Blackhawks Youth Jersey slams, you have to have confidence. You get confidence through winning. You get winning through consistent work. So you are kind of feeding into that. I don’t think he’s low physically. He’s pretty strong out there. He doesn’t feel tired the next day. You don’t lose your conditioning over two- or three-day flu. If you’re in bed for two or three weeks, you lose your conditioning. You just shake off flu and rebound very quickly to the level you were before. I’m not very concerned about that.”Murray – along with everyone else at Roland Garros – was surprised to see Novak Djokovic wilt shockingly in the third and final set of his quarter-final against Dominic Thiem, shortly before the Scot came through his own dips to outlast Nishikori in 2hr 39min. The Serb, who has not won a slam since beating Murray in last year’s final here, has slipped well behind him in ranking points, and left the tournament dispirited and puzzled.Djokovic could not explain his dramatic collapse – especially having beaten Thiem in 11 of the 12 games they played in the Rome semi-finals. Of the many theories circulating here, burnout was near the top of the list.Advertisement He had a public power outage at the worst possible moment and could do nothing about it after losing a tight first set – even with Andrew Desjardins Youth Jersey four chances left to repair the damage.When Murray was asked how he has turned his tennis around this fortnight after early exits in the leadup clay tournaments where he did so well last year, he said: “I was doing a lot of very basic drills, a lot of patterns of play and just literally repeating those. Pretty boring. It’s not much fun. But, when I’m getting into longer rallies now, I feel like I’m on autopilot.”He cannot afford to crash like Djokovic did. He must be fit enough on Friday to hold at bay an opponent regarded as the naturally strongest player on the tour, and who spent just 1hr 40min getting rid of Marin Cilic. Wawrinka has yet to drop a set; Murray has given up three and fought through three tie-breaks.Lendl concedes it could turn into a battle of strength. “Yeah, possibly. It comes down to executing your gameplan and the conditions. Different conditions favour different players on the [img width=180,height=180]http://www.jaguarsofficialshop.com/images//nike_nfl_jerseys/nike_jacksonville_jaguars/nike_jaguars_233.jpg[/img] court – or not necessarily players, but the patterns you can do and can’t do. [On Wednesday] it was extremely difficult with the wind [at the start of the match]. Ball-striking was hard and Kei hit the ball incredibly well the first set. But then it left him. He was pushing Andy around because of the conditions and Andy couldn’t get the timing [right]. Then Kei couldn’t keep the timing because of the conditions.”
Posted 09 Jun 2017

Reply to Topic