LARKI PUJABAN , What i saw in the movie !

3118 views 58 replies
Reply to Topic
PLATONIC

Total Posts: 1098

Today i saw LARKI PUNJABAN in a theatre in Lahore , well i have only one word to explain the movie and that is ~~DUBBA~~ .

Little outline of the movie is that two pre-partition female friends one Sikh one Muslim rejoins , Shamil is muslim's son , Saima is relative of Sikhni from india , both (BOY AND GAL) meet when sikhs come to NANKANA SAHAB and stay at Shamil's house , both falls in love , Baber who is shown Saima's fiance comes to know about their affair and then the same conventional story begins .

LAPSES , Weak Points :

Basic lapse that the movie has is the imbalance in the combination of cast . Note my words carefully i am not saying that Saima was not good , no she was ~~ALMOST Fit~~ in the role that was assigned to her , she was looking a perfect Punjaban .I admit that her heavy physique specially her figure was something that was looking over . Dark rings under her eyes were also telling the story of Saima's age . Anyways Now if the director had made his mind to pick Saima for this role he should have made some other choice with the Hero . Shamil Khan was looking her son in the whole movie . I suggest that Sana was a more convincing choice for this role with Shamil , or Shan with Saima would have done the trick .

Apart from the cast , movie was experiencing some huge directorial lapses. Director dos'nt seem to have any control over the story . Almost half of the movie goes without having the real story started , sikh visitors from india are shown to be visiting and enjoying Lahore and other places for almost half movie which was very irritating . Nothing new happened in the movie so while looking at a scene one can easily predict whats gona happen in the next scene , 95% of my guesses were right about the movie . Another interesting feature of the movie is the excessive use of dream works in the movie , 2-3 songs were in dreams , in the last song it becomes difficult to determine that either hero and heroine have met in real or it is still a dream . Sikhs were shown very very stupid and aggressive specially in a scene where father cuts the hand of his son without any investigation or warning . Propaganda against the hindus in the end was useless and foolish , there was'nt any need for that .

Summing up the essay i would say that movie has all the reasons that a movie needs to be flopped. Very, very and very weak direction , imbalance in combination of HERO/HEROINE , some weak individual acting performances including Shamil , wrong choice of dresses specially Saima whose clothes were very tight and Shamil who was wearing a P.cap in songs , some vulgar chitchats in the start of the movie by some side actors , proves to be the weak points of Larki Pujaban .

platonic37989.900787037
Posted 03 Jan 2004

... Average
Posted 03 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
aap nay itni jaldi kaisay parh lia what i posted , hawa main he teer chala rahay ho bhai !
Posted 03 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
oh plantionic have any postive point? ...u dont see movies how u say dubba.
Posted 03 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
PLATONIC !!!

I don't mind people making costructive criticism !!!

BUT this is the biggest load of bullsh*t I've heard in my life !!!!!

You don't know what you are talking about !!!

Were you watching the movie standing on your head !!!!
Posted 03 Jan 2004

paki lion says
whkhan1 said:

PLATONIC !!!

wkhan thats ur weakest point ok! ALL HAVE THEIR OWN OPINION WE DONT NEED TO AGREE WID U OK ! sanam41137990.8552083333
Posted 03 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
paki lion said:

whkhan1 said:

PLATONIC !!!

wkhan thats ur weakest point ok! ALL HAVE THEIR OWN OPINION WE DONT NEED TO AGREE WID U OK SO SHUT UR CRAP!

Who are we ?

Are you talking for other people now DADDY PAKILION !!!

Since you haven't seen LP how do you know , that his statement is not bullsh*t !!!

And stop using rude and child like remarks "shut ur crap " .

Because I can be rude too , but I choose not to .

Posted 04 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
whkhan1 :

have u seen the movie , if yes ! tell me where i am wrong ! I can bet any guy who have seen the movie will agree with me . I have used the words very carefully and have suggested the soloution where it was possible , dont know where we have clash of observation .

YDAKH :
Yaar if i dont see the movies i dosnt mean i dont know what i shown in our movies or what quality of content these movies are having ? As far as ~dubba~ is concerned , i used that term just to explain the extract that i got from the movie , every one knows a film which is not impressive is called DUBBA , so if i have used this term , then what ?
Posted 04 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
YDAKH is far more impressive movie than LP .

YDAKH was technically very correct , the reason is that some indians assisted sheikh sahab in direction of ydakh , but in LP there are blunders big big blunders .
Posted 04 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
platonic said:

YDAKH is far more impressive movie than LP .

YDAKH was technically very correct , the reason is that some indians assisted sheikh sahab in direction of ydakh , but in LP there are blunders big big blunders .

I DONT AGREE WITH U!I think I am sorry to say u r so impressed with heavy indian influence!Don't so complex minde!we can make a such good movie but we r lazy that' our weak point!
U only post negative point of movies,where is positive points...LOC AND LP only negative why?

Plantonic!I am also big fan of YDAKH but your argument of indian assistant is wrong,direction is totally javaid sheikh I know it direction..only singer and chorographer is indian but everything is pakistani
Posted 04 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
Syed noor nodoubt is NO.1 director pakistan...I am seeing first strong critizim on lp,mojority of pakistani very appreciate lp...I agree with saima and shamyl argument.

r u not muslim?there is dozens indian movies who talk about propaganda about Jehad..other things of religion..why cannot be give their answer?they deserve it.
Posted 04 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
cool down man!!!!!!!
Posted 04 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
paki lion said:

whkhan1 said:

paki lion said:

whkhan1 said:

PLATONIC !!!

wkhan thats ur weakest point ok! ALL HAVE THEIR OWN OPINION WE DONT NEED TO AGREE WID U OK SO SHUT UR CRAP!

Who are we ?

Are you talking for other people now DADDY PAKILION !!!

Since you haven't seen LP how do you know , that his statement is not bullsh*t !!!

And stop using rude and child like remarks "shut ur crap " .

Because I can be rude too , but I choose not to .

so f**king what! if u liked lp it doesn't means we have to like it too u bastard!!

I have asked you to stop being rude !!!

Or I am going to report you !!!

Why are you even discussing LP when you haven't seen the movie !!!

And stop saying we , you can only talk for yourself !!!
Posted 04 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
platonic said:

whkhan1 :

have u seen the movie , if yes ! tell me where i am wrong ! I can bet any guy who have seen the movie will agree with me . I have used the words very carefully and have suggested the soloution where it was possible , dont know where we have clash of observation .

YDAKH :
Yaar if i dont see the movies i dosnt mean i dont know what i shown in our movies or what quality of content these movies are having ? As far as ~dubba~ is concerned , i used that term just to explain the extract that i got from the movie , every one knows a film which is not impressive is called DUBBA , so if i have used this term , then what ?

Yes PLATONIC I have watched LP !!!

It's not perfect , but than what movie is !!!

I have to say that I disagree with most of your points !!!

In my opinion It's best film ever made in PAK !!!

I am also a big fan of YDAKH !!!

Posted 04 Jan 2004

well guyz cool down plzzzzzz okkk but let me tell u one thing lp was the biggest disspointment of last year syed noor failed to make a good movie although he is celebrating the sucess of the movie but the fact is that the movie is already out from 1 of the three cinemas where the movie was released its now showing only in two theaters in karachi but platonic i jus want to make one correction that is that no one assisted javed sheikh it was his direction and his own style of film making.
Posted 04 Jan 2004

sanam411 says
OYEE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GUYES.......NONE OF THIS CRAP....BE NICE..........PAKILION AND WHKHAN.....PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!.........CUZ I REALLY DONT WANNA BLOCK ANYONE NOR I WANNA DELETE THIS TOPIC....SO IT BE GREAT IF U TWO ARGUE IN A NICE WAY.......U KNOW WHAT I MEAN...SO GUYES PLZZZ......!!!!!!.......FOR ME!!!
Posted 04 Jan 2004

~Fragi~ says
well modni iz quick na....

dear jb members plz b positive ,,,,,

otha wise tata
Posted 04 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
sanam411 said:

OYEE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GUYES.......NONE OF THIS CRAP....BE NICE..........PAKILION AND WHKHAN.....PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!.........CUZ I REALLY DONT WANNA BLOCK ANYONE NOR I WANNA DELETE THIS TOPIC....SO IT BE GREAT IF U TWO ARGUE IN A NICE WAY.......U KNOW WHAT I MEAN...SO GUYES PLZZZ......!!!!!!.......FOR ME!!!

I am not the one using swear words !!!

Can you tell this kid to grow up and learn to communicate like adults please - SANAM - thankyou .
Posted 04 Jan 2004

whkhan1 says
charizmatic said:

well guyz cool down plzzzzzz okkk but let me tell u one thing lp was the biggest disspointment of last year syed noor failed to make a good movie although he is celebrating the sucess of the movie but the fact is that the movie is already out from 1 of the three cinemas where the movie was released its now showing only in two theaters in karachi but platonic i jus want to make one correction that is that no one assisted javed sheikh it was his direction and his own style of film making.

Thankyou - CHARIZMATIC -   for correction that no INDIAN helped J.SHEIKH with YDAKH !!!
Posted 04 Jan 2004

~Fragi~ says
did i said ne thin bad . ?
Posted 04 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
whkhan1 said:

In my opinion It's best film ever made in PAK !!

HAHAHAAAAA.....!!!!!!!!

FUNNIEST JOKE OF THE NEW YEAR !platonic37991.1541319444
Posted 05 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
YDAKH :
Meray betay , i told u that neither i watch Paki movies regularly nor indian , i didnt say that i havnt ever watched any single paki movie . As far as influence from indi movies is concerned , ok dont compare the acting or direction of paki movies with indi movies , compare the class of your tv dramas with your own films , doodh ka doodh aur pani ka pani , i never said that pakis dont know how to make movies , if you see Urdu movies of late 70s to mid 80s , when nadeem , babra , shabnam and other paki actors were in , movies used to be shoot in nepal srilanka ,turkey those movies were best .
Coming to the point Hindu /Muslim , I didnt mean that there shouldnt be any critisism on hindus or other anti-islam elements , yes they should be highlighted , but with a proper way , take an example of LOC whole movie is against Us , pakistanis , whole movie was designed for that very purpose , but here the hindu part was not well planned , it was looking like a cherry on the cake not having any link with the story , farz he poora kia hua tha , i tell u one very interesting fact , at the time of Partition these were sikhs who did 75% of the massacre against migrating muslims , now we call them our brothers , but we have to as they are also anti hindus , anyway such movies with a lil big budget good quality cameras , nice music are far more better than those of Gundasa movies .
Posted 05 Jan 2004

paki lion says
whkhan1 said:

sanam411 said:

I am not the one using swear words !!!

Can you tell this kid to grow up and learn to communicate like adults please - SANAM - thankyou .
excuse me who should grow up! u are misbehaving wid everyone who has critic about lollywood! we are not even allowed from u to critic about lollywood and we do u called us bollywood worshipper and nuts! so think before u say something! AND ONE MORE THING..IF U WORSHIP LOLLYWOOD IT DOESN'T MAKES US THINK U ARE MORE PAKSITANI THEN US!
Posted 05 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
Dear whkhan :

U said that u dont agree with most of my points , ok these are my points tell me where i am wrong :

1: Combination of Shamil & Saima . Was that perfect ?

2: Saima's Fitness , age reflection . Is it fine ?

3: Weak Direction > Story Control > Almost half movie was past without having REAL story being begun . Remember Intermission , it came when Baber saw both of them in garden . People in the theatre were dieing to see that scene from last half hour , wernt u ?

4: Weak Direction > Dream Works > Song in which Saima came in Yellow Roofless sports car , not only me but whole crowd was confused either it is another dream or really saima has came to shamil .

5: Weak Direction >Propaganda Against Hindus : I think here we have some misunderstanding , i didnt said/meant that we should not critisize hindus , they should be but with some planning . That part of the story must have a link with some previously occured incidents in the story , friend of baber who just had an introduction and driving scene suddenly became villen , and a big villen , didnt u noticed that .

6: Vulgar ChitChat : Didnt u notice Irfan Khosat and company saying some vulgar sentences , Aisay kaam kiyoon kerti hai jin ki wajah say baar baar nahana perta hai , Mera Lahore choota rah gaya hai , didnt u hear those lines , ya samajh he nahin aa rahi thi , ohhhhh sh*tt i was watching the movie with my Female CFs , yaar sach main i was feeling shame when that part of the movie was on . My whole academy class was with me and we all were down .

In The End I would like to say that give proper arguments to clear your points , be realistic , apni baat ko properly explain karo , your comment that its the best movie in Pak history gives an idea that u r trying to start a useless behaas baray behaas situation , fazool behaas ka faida na aap ka ho ga ne mera , na Lollywood ka aur na JB ka .platonic37991.162037037
Posted 05 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
Coming to the Positive Points :

After a succesfull criticizing effort now lemme come to the positive aspects of the movie :

1: Sceneries of Malaysia were breath taking , nicely seleted and shooted .

2: Shamil khan has got some cool looks , i heard some gals were talking of him .

3: Set of the Shamil's house was good .

4: Songs were well placed in the movie . They were having proper links with story , here credit goes to the director .

5: Language that Sikhs were speaking was ditto to the actual sikhs , cast was looking to be doing some hard work with the language , saima used to call Shamil , oye shamla , that was really cool .

6 : Acting performance of Saima and Baber was good , Shamil need some hard work but with the passage of time he will learn the things .
Posted 05 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
I would like "WHKHAN" AND "YDAKH" TO ELABORATE THE POSITIVE POINTS MORE PRECISELY .
Posted 05 Jan 2004

sanam411 says
MERA SAR!~!!!.......OMG!...*HEADACHE*.....PLZ GUYES!......PLZ!......
Posted 05 Jan 2004

PLATONIC says
sanam411 said:

MERA SAR!~!!!.......OMG!...*HEADACHE*.....PLZ GUYES!......PLZ!......

LOL :

Kiyoon Thak gaei kiya
Araam Chahey ??????
Posted 05 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
Plantonic! thanks for explanation!
yaar platonic! u should see movie alone or with friends...I see movie only alone..yeh tu movies may hota hai.

I also dont like cheap sentence,YDAKH is a most clean movie other than paki movie and indian movie.
That' why I huge like..even every day I listened song.

Ok,I knew this movie could not impressed well,so I ignored movie from starting.
Posted 05 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
yaar platonic! tumharey pass kitna time hai,itni subha tuk bhatey hoi ho!
Posted 05 Jan 2004

platonic ur absolutely right i agree wid u man
Posted 05 Jan 2004

Reply to Topic