than jersey

416 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
yehongkun362330

Total Posts: 0

Before a ball is struck, Wimbledon dreams are vivid and limitless, from those Brian Poole Authentic Jersey who excite the attentions of the bookmakers to the outer limits of the draw. But Alex Ward, winless for seven matches before fighting his way into the tournament through qualifying at Roehampton – and even then, only on a wildcard entry – is not one to indulge in fairytales longer than is necessary. The 27-year-old from Northampton via Barcelona has had enough reality checks in his nine years on the Tour, and will approach his first-round match against Kyle Edmund on Tuesday with experience as his armourWard, the most down-to-earth of professionals struggling to catch up on lost years, reckons he has spent half of the past five years in rehab to mend a variety of muscle strains and other injuries, the rest in surroundings a long way from the main stage of his sport: Marrakech and Hammamet in north Africa, Busan and Gimcheon in South Korea, and Surbiton in south London. Of the seven British men in the draw, three are inside the top 100 while Ward, alongside his namesake, James, Brydan Klein and Cameron Norrie, reside in another galaxy, far away. The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian's sport coverage Read more Ward is No855 in http://www.footballpanthershop.com/Chris_Scott_Jersey_Cheapthe world, 854 places adrift of Andy Murray, with whom he hit again on Saturday. He has earned ?130,000 in his career, just ?6,600 of it this year, and was ?12,000 in the red before he made the Wimbledon main draw last year. Life for Ward, like many of his contemporaries, is what most matches are for Murray: tough. When he looked up the draw before the final allocation, he was hoping for a soft landing. “I saw that Andy had [a qualifier],” he said, “and straight away I didn’t want that. I did not want to play Andy. That was the toughest. It’s still gonna be a tough match [against Edmund] but I’ll give it my all.” Playing a compatriot sometimes can be difficult – although it is not such a regular occurrence for British players for cruelly obvious reasons – and Ward said: “We went on a few trips when I was based at the LTA with him, and we trained together quite a bit there. We played in America, in Florida in the Futures. He won that tournament. That Chris Harris Jr Youth Jersey was when he started to move up to Challenger level. We get on well.” Advertisement Ward has been based in Barcelona, where he indulges himself on his favourite surface, clay. Had he missed out on Wimbledon, he would have been playing in a Futures tournament in Getxo, northern Spain. How many would have been watching that one? “Not many. I’ve played that tournament before. For Futures it’s an OK turnout. I actually won it once. Maybe 50 max. It can be dispiriting, yes, but I love playing. “Last year was massive because I got a wildcard into the Wimbledon main draw. Before that I was in quite a bit of debt – about ?12,000. That cleared that off and helped me to invest in my tennis. But then I got injured for six months. “I’ve had two stress fractures in my forearm. I had knee surgery in my left knee. Then I tore ligaments in my right ankle. And last year I had a thing called De Quervain’s syndrome, where the two tendons in your wrist get http://www.jetsofficialsonline.com/Calvin_Pryor_Jersey_Cheaphe last five years I’ve probably been out for about half of that time with on-and-off stuff
Posted 04 Jul 2017

Reply to Topic