Salakhain hero to wed Humaira Arshad

1937 views 29 replies
Reply to Topic
paki lion

Total Posts: 1162

Model Ahmed Butt, whose first feature film 'Salakhain' is expected to be released in May, will tie the knot with pop singer Humaira Arshad on February 19. This love marriage is taking place after a two-year long affair which both managed to keep secret from the press.

A joint Mehndi will be held on February 18 while the Walima reception will be held on 20th. The two met each other for the first time at the Lux Style Awards in 2001. An excited Ahmed said he had not met Humaira prior to their meeting at the awards ceremony.

"Our love story is such that it can be adapted for a feature film. I was eating almonds when Humaira appeared. I did not know who she was at the time. We both looked at each other for awhile before I offered her some almonds. She refused but opened up for discussion. It was love at first sight. That was our first meeting. I was shy and did not even ask her for her phone number. There was no contact between us for the next six months.

One day I met her at a function in Lahore. Then began our romance. We used to talk on the phone almost daily. Our families, initially showing some resistance, have now agreed and we are going to get married. His zodiac sign is Virgo while that of Humaira is Leo. "Marriages are made in heaven and we both believe in this saying. She is very caring and we both have a very good understanding. By the blessing of Allah we will have a successful marriage," he said.

Twenty-four-year old Ahmed says he has a surprise in store for his dream girl on the Valentine's Day. "I will take her out for a dinner. It would be Basant night and after dinner we would be together at a function where I will present her with the surprise gift," he said.
Humaira Arshad confirmed that she was going to get married on February 19.

Ahmed Butt is playing the male lead in upcoming big budget film 'Salakhain'. This film will mark his debut in Lollywood. Prior to that he has featured in the top fashion show of the country. He has also acted in two music videos and one sitcom. Ahmed said that now he would be acting in one video of Humaira's song.
Posted 23 Feb 2004

Reply to Topic