Dalvin Tomlinson Rookie Blog: NFL Debut Reaction

470 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
Angel92

Total Posts: 0

It was exciting. I always get butterflies http://www.ky-oo32.com/andy-lee-jersey-c-1_24.html before any type of game, so I expect that every game day. Im just going out there, getting used to the new atmosphere in the NFL, getting used to the speed of the game, the plays we run, the schemes we run, the different offensive schemes we get to see, and just different things like that. So my goal was just to get used to that and just take it all in.
>> 3 TAKEAWAYS FROM THE PRESEASON OPENER
It was crazy putting on the full uniform for the first time. It was a crazy feeling just because Im used to wearing crimson on game day. But going out there with that blue jersey, it was amazing. I enjoyed it, just going out there with my new teammates and it was just a great moment to take in. When I walked out of the tunnel, I had to just take a minute and take everything in because MetLife Stadium is amazing. Theres nothing like an NFL game and everything that goes into it.
My first play, we got an interception. Valentino Blake got the interception, so I cant complain about that start to my career. I thought he http://www.ochomesnloans.com/greg-olsen-jersey-c-1_30.html was going to run behind me so I could get a lead block. But I saw everybody cut back across the field, I look back, he had already cut across the field, so I was like, theres nothing much else I can do right now. Definitely a great start.
>> ROOKIE PROGRESS REPORT
I feel like, from that game, I learned its all about the small details. I pretty much got used to the speed of the game for the most part, but the different schemes that different teams run, I just need to make sure I pick up the schemes a little bit better. That way, I can be more prepared on game day.
Now were back grinding out the last days of camp. Training camps training camp. Theres not much to explain. Its been good. Its more chill physically than college, as you know Coach Saban can put it to you down there. Its more mental here. I also like it a lot more up here because you actually get a breeze, rather than just the heat Ryan Griffin Youth Jersey waves you get day after day in Alabama. So Im enjoying training camp. Its all a process.
Dont forget to follow the second-round pick on Twitter @DalvinTomlinson.

Posted 22 Aug 2017

Reply to Topic