Vikings defense can be elite with lighter burden

2203 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
Angel92

Total Posts: 0

Every Vikings player bears the scar http://www.officialpanthersstore.com/cheap-youth-carolina-panthers-tyronne-green-pro-line-team-color-black-jersey-105882-p-682.html of last years season-ending 3-8 skid, even though Mike Zimmer is quick to defend his prideful defense that started the year better than any team in the NFL.
We had two bad games,Zimmer said of the defense. I dont know about tapered off. We finished third in the league in points scored and every other statistical category.
In Zimmers third season at the helm, the Vikings defense recorded top-10 finishes in five major categories: yards allowed (third), passing yards allowed (third), sacks forced (fifth), points allowed (sixth) and takeaways (seventh).
The NFL took notice when they were the leagues last unbeaten team at 5-0.
Our team was clicking,defensive end Brian Robison said. Offense was putting up points. Defensively we were making plays.
Carrying the weight of an offense that http://www.ravensshopsofficial.com/shop-by-players-terrell-suggs-jersey-c-2_28.html failed to reach 21 points in seven of nine games, the Vikings defense, the teams backbone, started to break.
Perfectly mediocre made a sour replacement for all-time great. Thats 8-8 for you.
Zimmer knows his defense, which featured five Pro Bowl players last season, is better than the record suggested. Thats why the Vikings extended the contracts of three cornerstones cornerback Xavier Rhodes, defensive end Everson Griffen and defensive tackle Linval Joseph this summer.
But Zimmer still tinkered with the unit that brought the Vikings back to relevancy. He made at least three lineup changes. The veteran defensive coach even considered giving up play-calling to better manage game days but quickly took back the play sheet this preseason.
He and his coaches are also encouraging Vikings defenders to generate a little recklessness within their well-oiled, tightly wound machine in the hope of interrupting offenses more at and behind the line of scrimmage.
Dont be satisfied with just, Hey, I did Koa Misi Authentic Jersey my job,’ ” said linebackers coach Adam Zimmer. Lets get more hats on the ball.

Posted 19 Sep 2017

Reply to Topic