islam and lollywood

2732 views 69 replies
Reply to Topic
shujaslam

Total Posts: 176

do you think a movie industry should be allowed in pakistan and all the other muslim countries?
Posted 08 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
sorry if anyone gets offended or disagrees, but for me personally...no religion, our Islam included is against having fun! therefore making movies under the lollywood unbrella is just fine for pakistan, and muslims alike, in my humble opinion!

that being said however, the level of "fun" or "entertainment" provided by lollywood, should be "policed" so that they don't cross certain lines. having some women shake rattle and roll their "assets" similar to the way other industries do so, is NOT right. there is a limit to the entertainment that muslim actresses and actors should provide. so while making movies is okay (there's nothing wrong with making people happy through entertaining them with movies), the content should be more conservative to suit Islam and its followers!just my opinion....
Posted 08 Jul 2003

desidude says
quote:
Originally posted by NFAKFan

no religion, our Islam included is against having fun!

Who da hell told u dat!!?? Islam doesn't stop us from having fun!!we r da one'z who make it so!! First of all having fun just doesn't mean watching movies going clubing or drinkin', it means u go out play sports! Our religion doesn't stop us from playin' sports!!but y does it stop us from entertainment like movies iz because we tend to get lazy!! we become couch potatoes and stop going out which not only effects our health but our mind as well!! so bottom line think before u open ur hole!!
Posted 08 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
desidude.....bro, i don't get what you're tryin 2 say. lol.

i said Islam DOES NOT stop us from having fun...no religion does (stops us from having fun). by that, i meant it is okay for actors/actresses to make movies, and its okay for us to watch them, end of story. where do sports come into this??? lol.

the question posted was: "do you think the movie indistry should be allowed in pakistan...."

to which i answered YES IT IS OKAY...islam is not against making movies, if they're clean. movies simply entertain people, regardless if they become couch potatoes (and not much of become couch potatoes by watching a movie here and there!) bottom line...sports got nuthin 2 do with this, all-star. but you're right...sports r also fun, and islam ain't against THAT either!!

next time, read more carefully....
Posted 08 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
oh agian religion is here /// :(
Posted 08 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
oh agian religion is here /// :(
Posted 08 Jul 2003

MAN ITS 2003
COME ON YO

CHILL A LIL.......................

I AM SO WITH NFAKFAN..............U GOT IT DUDE!
Posted 08 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
couldn't have said it better myself princess!
Posted 09 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
Posted 09 Jul 2003

saieen says
hmmm.....
these are all things which we r considering......
i think that muslim never have a Q abt a comparison ov movie industry n Islam......wot we have in movies is a different issue as Islam have no concept ov it......n am agree its 2003 but thing is Islam is Islam n Allah made all rules n he knew all things then how can we think that its 2003 so we can have some amendmends?
Posted 10 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
well rite yaar
Posted 10 Jul 2003

BabyGurL says
NO............ its haraam.
Posted 10 Jul 2003

Shahzadi says
quote:
Originally posted by ShujaSlam

do you think a movie industry should be allowed in pakistan and all the other muslim countries?

i am also against this.......that movies are not allowed here...
Posted 10 Jul 2003

ShujaSlam says
well...in my opinion, movies are alright. however a muslim girl cant dance around and touch a guy who aint her husband. and in movies they always do that. and thats haram(even though they r just acting.)
Posted 10 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
you're right shujaslam. good point...

making movies is okay, but again, there has to be limits. most actresses dance in the rain and go even further than indian actresses in some cases. this is wrong...

as far as touching goes...you're right about that too, but its kind of hard 2 make a movie without some form of contact between the hero and heroine. altho its wrong...i don't think its THAT bad. as long as they're not all over each other, a handshake here, a tap there...this is okay, atleast for me... lol.
Posted 10 Jul 2003

ShujaSlam says
yeah i guess
Posted 10 Jul 2003

Moonis says
You need to be screwed UP....
Posted 10 Jul 2003

Moonis says
Patta nahi..
Your wrong or right...
Posted 10 Jul 2003

ShujaSlam says
wht do u mean
Posted 11 Jul 2003

saieen says
hmmm....
why u all r thinking by having a look around u.....
Women has there on dignity......Islam gave them security......but if its okie that thay can work in movies then what is "Hijab"
is it not part of Islam?
If yes then how we can think abt it that thay can work in movies....
or any one.....
its time to think what we r n where we r going.....otha wise Engraiz ll kick us all as thay started......n we have examples
Posted 12 Jul 2003

Moonis says
saeen bhai..
Islam main aurat ko puri tarha apnay gesam ko parday rakh nayke hedayat hay.

Aur app ko patta hona caheya kaay kun.

Apni ma bhehan ko zara movies main kan kar do to janu.

Battain kari buhat assan hain..

Agar app musalman hain to app koo sharam ani cahiya..

Movies baian magar ek limit main yeah jo agkal ho raha hay na yeah sab ghalat hay.

Islam is ke igazat nahi deta.

Posted 12 Jul 2003

I think it is a very touchy topic, I mean ya Islam does not allow women to do most of whatever goes on in movies. The thing is though Pakistan wants to be more "advanced". I think that they think that one of the things that will make them "advanced" is to make movies that are more Western!! Also, Pakistan is always being compared to India and well... India is known for one thing and that is their movies. Therefore, Pakistan feels that making movies that are more Western will make it a little more superior than India. Just my opinion guys!I think its just a competition! Too bad that they compete with movies and not with something a little more constructive!
Posted 13 Jul 2003

DesertBoy says
well, i can say is screw India and her movie industry........we dont even produce the quality of films that they produce.....but then what..our dramas are the best in the world....and they conform to our religious and moral standards.....even the Indians admit that our dramatical plays outweigh theirs......we need to put more effort into this......as far as Islam and movies are concerned.........filming of living things and portraying them is forbidden in Islam....but its only restricted to certain sects....and personally i dont think its mandatory because times have changed.....but if someone asks me whether the taliban were rite in blowing up statues and bannin TV and cinema.....then i think they were doing a good job in trying to bring in a Islamic society which was prevalent in times of the Holy Prophet (SAW)......but one thing i'l ltell u people is....that Islam is not a religion built to forbid us and to deny us....its a religion so simple and pure in its originality that we as humans have made it so diffcult...........in times of the Prophet, He invited acrobats and performers from Abyssinia and they performed in the Masjid -i -nabvi....and the Holy Prophet(SAW).invited his wife...Ayesha (RA) to watch them perform and they the acrobats performed in the mosque..which we cant nowaday due to our belief that entertainment is forbidden in Islam whereas the HOly Prophet promoted it and that too in a mosque and he invited his wife to witness it.......meaning there is no such thing in Islam as women not enjoyin the same amount of freedom as their male counterparts.....thats where i disagreed with the taliban thinking that women should be kept under burqa........it was more a Pukhtoon cultural thingee than a religious one(wanted to clarify that one)[:D]
Posted 13 Jul 2003

so true...
Posted 14 Jul 2003

ShujaSlam says
well, overall the main thing is that a women has to cover her parts when shes with a man who aint her husband. 2nd of all its not good for a girl to dance in front of a man(who aint her husband.) another thing i want to add is that pakistan is so stupid that they wanna be kool and make movies western style. well, they r getting more unislamic every day.

allah knows best...
Posted 15 Jul 2003

sanam411 says
I AGREE ALI!!..I MEAN DESERTBOY!!..
Posted 19 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
waise this topic should b in ..

shary wat do ya say
Posted 27 Jul 2003

ShujaSlam says
dude, ffm y are you so against islamic topics
Posted 27 Jul 2003

saieen says
Monis Bhaie zarah ghooor seh pur tu lena tha keh main neh likha kaya tha....aisay he itna rude nahi hu jatay hain.....is terah likhna sub ko aata hey
Posted 27 Jul 2003

~Fragi~ says
quote:
Originally posted by ShujaSlam

dude, ffm y are you so against islamic topics

arey i m not saying any thing in against of ur topic mein to shary ko keh raha tha k this topic should b in loolywood ,,
Posted 28 Jul 2003

sanam411 says
ALRIGHT I DONT KNOW WHO LOCKED THIS TOPICC.....I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE LOCKED!!...CAUSE I DONT SEE ANYTHIN WRONG WITH IT!.........SO YEAH!
Posted 05 Aug 2003

Reply to Topic