SONU NIGAM IN KARACHI(LIVE CONCERT)

5572 views 23 replies
Reply to Topic
STANDARD

Total Posts: 2890

KARACHI: Famous Indian playback singer Sonu Nigam arrived here on Wednesday to perform at the concert scheduled to take place on April 10 at the DHA Golf Club.

The grand musical concert is jointly arranged by Events Unlimited and Geo Television, said a report in The News on Thursday.

The Indian pop singer has come with his own orchestra and special performance troupe. It's for the first time that he will perform in Pakistan.

"I am pleased at the opportunity to perform in this country. It is a great honour for me to face an audience, which has seen me only on television or listened to my songs on CD tapes," Nigam told reporters soon after his arrival.

"I am happy to know that young people of Pakistan love my songs and I always used to think that it would be a fabulous opportunity to interact with my music fans across the border," he added.

According to the paper, Sonu has composed special duets to sing along with Fariha Pervez, commemorating the highly esteemed singers of the present and the past, like Madam Noor Jehan, Lata Mangeshkar, Mehdi Hassan, Ahmed Rushdi, Kishore Kumar and Mohammad Rafi.

The famous Pakistani Qawwal Amjad Sabri will also perform at the concert.
wow! nice.. ...We r listening good songs of sonu ..
'KAL HO NA HO'..MEIN HO NA..YEH DIL AAP KA HAWA..TERAY PYAR MEIN..

Geo tv advertising this concert.

Posted 09 Apr 2004

Reply to Topic