Shaan/Maummar Rivalry Shifts 2 India

1574 views 32 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

Momi beats Shaan to Bollywood

After Pooja Bhatt's Paap, India-Pakistan talent is coming together again on a Bollywood platform

While all the Reemas and Meeras have been boasting about getting regular film offers from across the border and with Shaan still contemplating the idea of whether to take a jump or not, Mommar Rana has quietly signed a Bollywood film. The film called Dobara has director Shashi Ranjan calling the shots. Momi has a guest appearance in the film.

Dobara stars Jackie Shroff, Raveena Tandon and Mahima Chaudhary in the lead.

Dobara, says Shashi, is a mature love story, which deals with the relationship between couples in their 30s. Jackie Shroff plays a successful TV writer and Mahima Chaudhary plays his wife while Raveena Tandon is his ex-girlfriend. Momi who has replaced Sanjay Dutt in the film, essays the role of a successful business tycoon.

Shashi met Momi during the Indo-Pak cricket matches in Pakistan. The director bounced the idea to the Pakistani actor as soon as he was sure that Momi could be the guy who could fit the role after Sunjay walked out because of date hassles. Shashi reveals, "At first, Moamar was undecided. He sounded excited, he was anxious, he was scared as well." It took an apprehensive Momi sometime before he gave the green signal to Shashi.

The Akshay Kumar of Pakistan, (yes, this is what Momi is called in India, in case you didn't know) has made a smart move, though some believe that he has sold himself too cheap. While he could have bagged a big role, it is better to check out what the Indian industry could offer him and how this move of his shall be received back home. Most of the Pakistanis have unfortunately got a raw deal from Indians and our guy sure believes in "look before you leap" adage.

We are waiting to see how archrival Shaan reacts to Momi's new move. With Lollywood's lead sullen man with the brooding good looks, mulling over offers from Bollywood, one can say with certainty that the Shaan-Momi competition has shifted base from Lahore to Mumbai. Any Jugga or Gujjar interested in cashing in on it?

--Zeenia Shaukat

Posted 23 Apr 2004

MR PERFECT says
reema and maummar are cool, but 4 me personally, i'm pinning my hopes on shaan to represent pakistan in bollywood.

meera -
reema -
maummar -
shaan -
Posted 23 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
momi will do jus fine in bollywood, he's my fav pakistani film actor...n he will show bollywood wat he's made off, either its SA or a lead role...dont matter...
Posted 23 Apr 2004

¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

momi will do jus fine in bollywood, he's my fav pakistani film actor...n he will show bollywood wat he's made off, either its SA or a lead role...dont matter...

momi that kid willdo just fine in bollywood agar esi baat hoti tu usse film main SP ka role nahi detay
Posted 23 Apr 2004

Tight says
The biggest shock is Meera getting some SA in karan johar movie......I always thought Karan has some brain ...but maybe he was forced to do so.....as he declared something like that....poor Karan.....he doesn't know what has he done......i hope pehle shoot kai bad woh khood kushi nahin kar le ga.....
Posted 23 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
Meera sux damn, she is the biggest BIT*H in lollywood
Posted 23 Apr 2004

Tight said:

The biggest shock is Meera getting some SA in karan johar movie......I always thought Karan has some brain ...but maybe he was forced to do so.....as he declared something like that....poor Karan.....he doesn't know what has he done......i hope pehle shoot kai bad woh khood kushi nahin kar le ga.....

just a buzz
Posted 23 Apr 2004

yea agree wid srk its jus rumor meeera sucksssssssss
Posted 23 Apr 2004

meera tum sab    
Posted 23 Apr 2004

MR PERFECT says
Posted 23 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
nice guy aankhein khol ke dekho
kaan kholke suno
phir bolna meera kya hai
Posted 23 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
meera only can dance...we need educated class of people in film industry specially from karachi.
Posted 24 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
wah kya baat kehdi
Posted 24 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
u r welcome..me always right!

Posted 24 Apr 2004

ab tum logo ko meera pasand nahi tu na sahi zarori nahi ha jo tum logo ko pasnad na ho wo muje bhi na ho
Posted 24 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
...meera kay bhey fan hein..yaar!
Posted 24 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
mein to bhool gaya tha
Posted 24 Apr 2004

MR PERFECT says
mr nice guy and i stand out....

he's the only meera fan on this site, and i'm the only saima fan.
Posted 24 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
n i'm the only COUNTER STRIKE fan
Posted 24 Apr 2004

saima shud participate in World wrestling entertainment im sure she ill beat all the wrestlers
Posted 24 Apr 2004

¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

Meera sux damn, she is the biggest BIT*H in lollywood

yas khud hi rules banate...aur khud hi...
Posted 24 Apr 2004

MR PERFECT says
lol @ yas and srk.

and charizmatic yaar....u're probably right. saima would kick some ass!! trish, lita, even stone cold steve austin don't stand a chance against our lady saima!

that girl slik chik even came up with a nicname 4 her in the wwe: gainda-saurus. altho i didn't apporove. LOL.   
Posted 24 Apr 2004

STANDARD said:

...meera kay bhey fan hein..yaar!

kyon koi prob ha   
Posted 24 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
that was my opinion meine kaunsa rule break kya, gaala ko bhi stars se chupaliya
Posted 25 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
meera ki baten sonu ga koi bhey tu esey hi kafiat ho giay gi sub ki.
Posted 25 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
waise did u guys see the promo of momiz bolly movie DOBARA is on INDIAFM.COM
Posted 25 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
no..I am not..kaisa hai?
Posted 25 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
sahi hai, but they didn't show momi in it...idiots
Posted 25 Apr 2004

¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

sahi hai, but they didn't show momi in it...idiots

special appearnce ha
Posted 25 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
remember..bollywood director kabhi bhey pakistan star ko oncha janay nahi dein gay indian kay muqabalay mein..they always underminded paki star..humein zaida khush fehmi nahi hony cheheye..lets see momi kay sath kia hota hai?
Posted 26 Apr 2004

¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

that was my opinion meine kaunsa rule break kya, gaala ko bhi stars se chupaliya

bad language dude...dont make the rules...agar follow nahi karna
Posted 26 Apr 2004

Reply to Topic