Now Sushmita and Saif tour of Karachi

1898 views 31 replies
Reply to Topic
STANDARD

Total Posts: 2890

After singers Daler Mehndi, Jagjit Singh and Sonu Nigam, it is now the turn of Saif Ali Khan, Sushmita Sen and Malaika Arora to tour Pakistan.

They are slated to perform in the coastal city of Karachi "very, very soon", an advertisement in Dawn announced Thursday.

Production and events group IndusTree is organising the event about which they are not disclosing anything more at present.

Nowadays ARYDIGITAL is advertising this show
Posted 25 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
i hope they kill saif, since the idiot said a lil too much about pakistan in LOC...
Posted 25 Apr 2004

STANDARD says
..may be...they have to give up anti-pak movie..there is no reason of now anti-pak..
Posted 25 Apr 2004

Rain Man says
yup
Posted 25 Apr 2004

umair16 says
Wen are the pakistani star going to i9ndia to performe i think its about time we showed our talent.
Posted 25 Apr 2004

sounds gud
Posted 25 Apr 2004

films me pata nahi kya bolte rehte he... phir jab pak ahe tu pakistan ki tarife shuru ho jate he... saif jab pak ahe tu banda is se pooche tu ne kya bola tha films me pak ke bare me ab bol zara
Posted 25 Apr 2004

umair16 said:

Wen are the pakistani star going to i9ndia to performe i think its about time we showed our talent.

true!
Posted 25 Apr 2004

Saki says
cool!
Posted 25 Apr 2004

ShirazAsad says
i was lucky enuff to attend this concert, it was amazing
sabki performances top class thi, and sushmita impressed everyone with what she said bout pak, she was the real star of the show
Posted 09 May 2004

rickyyyyyy says
umair16 said:

who s gonna see it ...
Posted 09 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
rickyyyyyy said:

umair16 said:

who s gonna see it ...

the same people who saw nfak's talent, junoon's talent, rahat fateh ali khan's talent, adnan sami's talent, fuzon's talent, and a HOST of others.
Posted 09 May 2004

rickyyyyyy says
the only waay indians or the rest of the world would see any of ur artists would be if india showcases them ...nfak was a genius ..but he got real popular after he started workin in india....we dint listen to pakistani cd's ..he worked for our labels and we made him popular to the rest of the world...om puri got him the assignment with peter gabriel...its all about packaging.....junoon plays more in india than it does in pakistan and for indian labels ...rahat fateh ali khan and fuzon are one film wonders cause of mahesh bhatt. the movie was an astounding flop and they are long gone from the scene.....nobody knows who they are....but ok lemme tell u ur new guy on the block who s makin waves...aamir jamal ..his song s a successs in the movie 'murder' and he ll stay for a while but he has to keep repeating it ..its a cut throat industry and one needs to sustain ..i think he will like adnan and junoon did ...
Posted 09 May 2004

u r right ricky... hamar nusrat fateh ali khan sahab ne itna achcha gana banaya tha "Afreen Afreen". But our stupid music video directors created a very very bad and disgusting and stupid looking video for that song.

But a different video was made by the Indians in bombay with javed akhtar and top indian models "Lisa Ray" for the same song and the video made in Bombay was really great.

i was watching NFAK's wife on PTV one day and she said she liked the way bombaywalahs did to his video better than this lollywood walas...
Posted 09 May 2004

rickyyyyyy says
YEHI TO PROBLEM HAI ....ARTISTS KO IZZAT NAHI DETE...UNKA MUKAM AASMAN PE HONA CHAHIYE AUR BECHARO KA KYA HAAL KIYA HUA HAI....MEHDI HASSAN KE PAAS ILAAJ KARANE KE LIYE PAISE NAHI HAI....AND THE MOST HILARIOUS PART WAS THAT ' PURANI JEANS ' SINGER BEIN ARRESTED FOR DRINKING AND MAKIN OUT WITH A WOMAN WHO APPARANTLY WASNT HIS WIFE..GUYS RESPECT HIS PRIVACY ..HE DOESNT NEED ANYBODYS PERMISSION TO MAKE OUT WITH ANY WOMAN HE WANTS..
Posted 09 May 2004

rickyyyyyy said:

YEHI TO PROBLEM HAI ....ARTISTS KO IZZAT NAHI DETE...UNKA MUKAM AASMAN PE HONA CHAHIYE AUR BECHARO KA KYA HAAL KIYA HUA HAI....MEHDI HASSAN KE PAAS ILAAJ KARANE KE LIYE PAISE NAHI HAI....AND THE MOST HILARIOUS PART WAS THAT ' PURANI JEANS ' SINGER BEIN ARRESTED FOR DRINKING AND MAKIN OUT WITH A WOMAN WHO APPARANTLY WASNT HIS WIFE..GUYS RESPECT HIS PRIVACY ..HE DOESNT NEED ANYBODYS PERMISSION TO MAKE OUT WITH ANY WOMAN HE WANTS..

agree on this.
Posted 09 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
rickyyyyyy said:

the only waay indians or the rest of the world would see any of ur artists would be if india showcases them ...nfak was a genius ..but he got real popular after he started workin in india....we dint listen to pakistani cd's ..he worked for our labels and we made him popular to the rest of the world...om puri got him the assignment with peter gabriel...its all about packaging.....junoon plays more in india than it does in pakistan and for indian labels ...rahat fateh ali khan and fuzon are one film wonders cause of mahesh bhatt. the movie was an astounding flop and they are long gone from the scene.....nobody knows who they are....but ok lemme tell u ur new guy on the block who s makin waves...aamir jamal ..his song s a successs in the movie 'murder' and he ll stay for a while but he has to keep repeating it ..its a cut throat industry and one needs to sustain ..i think he will like adnan and junoon did ...

om puri introduced NFAK to peter gabriel. thanks 4 the laugh rick-meister! and he got popular after workin' IN india?! even funnier. u only wish my friend!

i could admit - in some cases, we use the indian media to gain exposure - key word being USE. but trust me, the world at large sees pakistani aptitude (especially musically) with or without the indian media as well. nfak and his nephew are prime examples.

fuzon, and rahat - one film wonders??? thats funny ....fuzon's never worked for ANY bollywood movie (or lollywood for that matter) to date, and rahat's workin' on his next bollywood venture already.

you're right abt one thing tho: paap was a flop. but the music was kick-ass, and you know it. and last i checked, pakistani talent had NOTHING to do with the making of the movie - only the music.

you're insinuating that pakistani musicians need to know how 2 play the game (in india), so to speak?! my friend...pakistani musicians ARE the freakin' game! movies are one thing ricky....but musically, we leave india so far behind, its not even funny. if not 4 bollywood, india's music scene is non-existant. don't believe me? here's an article from THE HINDU LAYER...
Posted 09 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
The `Fuzon' layer

After Junoon, Strings, and more recently, Xenia, another band from across the border, is making waves...

THE LATE Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan kick-started the trend, that was followed by artistes such as Haider Ali, Xenia, and the duo of Strings. Pakistani music acts have been well appreciated and accepted in the Indian music scene, for their superior music quality. Apart from Xenia and the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, most bands have a strong rock influence on their music. Now, another band that fuses rock with their unique blend of music has hit the music stores across the country.

Fuzon began in 2001. Shallum (Shallum Asher Xavier) and Immu (Imran Momina) were the founding members, who decided to put their heads together as they realised that their musical ideas and tastes were pretty much the same. The next thing we know is that they created a handful of fusion tracks, the only thing lacking was a quality vocalist who would sing for them. Meanwhile, Shafquat (Shafqat Amanat Ali) had been singing for a few jingles and happened to drop into Immo's recording studio (Oh, yes! he did have one of his own.) for an assignment. Shafquat's vocals impressed the duo, who decided to jam with him, and lo and behold, a unique musical Fuzon was taking shape. Shafquat has a strong foundation in eastern classical music. But during his college days, he was exposed to rock, jazz, and blues, and ended up fusing these genres and singing them. Most of the songs in the album reflect his unique ability to blend the tunes of the sub-continent in a Western style of rendering.

Saagar (Virgin Records; CD; Rs.199, Cassette; Rs. 65) features 12 tracks, each reflecting something unique in the music, with a common strain of rock melodies, blended with classical and folk vocals. Though the opening track "Akhiyaan" has been doing the rounds along the FM stations of the country. The energetic and infectious track that begins with a folk vocal rendering picks up tempo along with some impressive guitar works towards the end, and by that time, you feel like hearing it all over again. "Jhoom Jhoom" would probably be the most energetic fusion track in recent times. "Aankhon Ke Sagar" has a terrific melody — soothing and energising at the same time. The guitar mix of this track is impressive too. "Naadanian" and "Pyar Na Raha" speak of love, and are comparatively slower, but the melodies tend to stay in your minds for a long time.

The superior vocal quality of Shafquat, and guitar works of Shallum do wonders to the music. In a poll among vocalists of recent bands, one wouldn't be surprised if Shafquat takes the cake.

During these days of musical malnutrition in Indipop, impressive bands like Fuzon provide solace — and hopefully inspire a few Indian bands as well. As they say, music knows no boundaries.

A. VISHNU

Posted 09 May 2004

AAROH is also releasing thier album in india very soon
Posted 09 May 2004

STANDARD says
yeh kuch pakistani label tu lagta hai kay bus indian citizenship ki kami hai baki tu yeh hain woh pur dil aur demagh say...
Posted 10 May 2004

MR NICE says
Well, finally the show took place last week and the crazy Pakistanis who are obsessed with everything Indian were paying 50,000 to 250,000(table of ten)for the tickets.

The show was hosted by Fakr-e-Alam who's event management firm Indus tree were one of the organisers. Two Pakistani artists also performed and one of them was Ali Haider but unfortunately he was virtually booed off and got a totally unwelcoming reception because he was PAKISTANI. The crowd only wanted to see the Indians.

Shame on us and we call ourselves Pakistanis. Why can't we give our own artists the respect they deserve. When the hell are we going to get out of the huge inferior complex we have.
Posted 18 May 2004

umair16 says
Has this already happned . . they didnt hype it up like they did when shilpa and akshay came.
are tyey donna show this one on T.V and which channel is that gonna be.
Posted 19 May 2004

heyy, i hope soon SRK or Salman will cum to Pak! That will be awesome
Posted 29 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
this message is 4 my boy ricky whenever he comes back - if he ever does. lol.

i just heard the song by aamir jamaal - the song he has apparently won indian's over with, in the movie murder. man...i feel sorry 4 u guys! u don't know what u're missing! that song was garbage! if THAT clicked in india, u wait till relations get better and ya'll r exposed to bands like fuzon, mekaal hassan, strings and aaroh, and solo artists like hadiqa kiyani, ali zafar, fariha pervaiz, and ahmed jahanzeb. they'll take indian 'pop stars' 2 school!

Posted 01 Jun 2004

MR NICE says
India does not even have a pop industry in the true sense. The only thing there singers do is just remix old songs and they call it pop music.
Posted 02 Jun 2004

MR PERFECT says
so tru.
Posted 02 Jun 2004

ALLSTAR said:

this message is 4 my boy ricky whenever he comes back - if he ever does. lol.

i just heard the song by aamir jamaal - the song he has apparently won indian's over with, in the movie murder. man...i feel sorry 4 u guys! u don't know what u're missing! that song was garbage! if THAT clicked in india, u wait till relations get better and ya'll r exposed to bands like fuzon, mekaal hassan, strings and aaroh, and solo artists like hadiqa kiyani, ali zafar, fariha pervaiz, and ahmed jahanzeb. they'll take indian 'pop stars' 2 school!

kya baat karte ho yaar wo gana itne zabardast hei
Posted 02 Jun 2004

MR PERFECT says
yaar, jitnay achay ganay aaj kal pakistan mein hain....this one in comparison is very average.
Posted 02 Jun 2004

do u think SRK or Salman will come to tour in pak?
Posted 03 Jun 2004

mastii says
i don't think they wil..@bush blasta.. but it would be good if they do.....

yeah so true!!!! @ allstar...... paki muziq is best of all....
baki saab choro//
Posted 04 Jun 2004

MR PERFECT says
mastii said:

yeah so true!!!! @ allstar...... paki muziq is best of all....
baki saab choro//

Posted 04 Jun 2004

Reply to Topic