Shamyl acting in Qaidi 786

2436 views 41 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

Young and handsome Shamyl who is busy doing dramas, telefilms and films, is very excited about his coming movie 'Qaidi 786'. The movie is based on the issue of sectarian differences in our society.

While talking to this scribe, Shamyl said "Qaidi 786 is about the conflict between Sunni and Shia sects. My role is very strong in the film. I play the role of a Shia youth while Shaan plays a Sunni." It is a very sensitive subject but dealt with care by the writer, he explained.

While revealing a little about the story, he said "Shaan and I are friends in the beginning but the friendship turns into animosity. Minor ideological differences create a wide gulf between the two friends. But the movie ends on a happy note when the two friends unite." He further said that the movie is message oriented and an attempt to end rivalry and differences between different sects.

"Social subjects of this kind can attract people to cinema and set a new trend for other producers and directors to follow," he added.

"My role in the movie will provide me with an ample opportunity to prove my steel as an actor," he said. "Saima Quraishi, who is a newcomer, plays the female lead opposite me. New talent is more interested in doing roles, which will enable them to create their place in the film industry. I hope the movie will prove a breakthrough for me and create lasting impression on the mind of the viewers," he said.

Posted 06 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
shaan will overshadow him in the movie, i think! he has so much more presence on the screen than shamyl. this may be the beginning of the end for his film career. LOL. otherwise if he can hang with shaan....he'll be ok!
Posted 06 May 2004

STANDARD says
Shamyl khan is the man..who has seen one punjabi movies in cinimas..and then quickly left cinima..and touch his ears..becoz movies is so vulgur..bad dance ....that's why shamyl khan not working in punjabi movies..becoz he dont want to make like shann and Momi who r earning money...doing basmash roles. .

Good decison Shamyl khan!
Posted 07 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
thats also why shamyl khan (so far) is NOWHERE hear as popular as shaan/maummar! lol. (j/k)
Posted 07 May 2004

paki lion says
NFAKFan said:

thats also why shamyl khan (so far) is NOWHERE hear as popular as shaan/maummar! lol. (j/k)

there u go again...how many time do i (and other peoples has to tell u) that lollywood industry is actualy nothing, for the past 15 years no new peoples enters the film industry, there were no other choices left then shaan, moammar, saima and reema..and they didn't comes 'far' due to their jobs but because of pure luck...and they way they have choose their roles were not different..all same kind of stereotype roles...so they might be working for years in the film industry but compare wid bollywood and hollywood its nothing.but now coz lollywood is trying to have international standard in film making, it is now very important to choose good roles, work hard, to stay on top, so ur way of praising them high, its really over the limit.and STANDARD is right..punjabi movies sucks..there might be some punjabi moviez wich has become superhit, but none of them has good quality, original story..so nothing special about it..but there is no doubt shaan and moammar are good actors..
Posted 07 May 2004

STANDARD says
there u go again...how many time do i (and other peoples has to tell u) that lollywood industry is actualy nothing, for the past 15 years no new peoples enters the film industry, there were no other choices left then shaan, moammar, saima and reema..and they didn't comes 'far' due to their jobs but because of pure luck...and they way they have choose their roles were not different..all same kind of stereotype roles...so they might be working for years in the film industry but compare wid bollywood and hollywood its nothing.but now coz lollywood is trying to have international standard in film making, it is now very important to choose good roles, work hard, to stay on top, so ur way of praising them high, its really over the limit.and STANDARD is right..punjabi movies sucks..there might be some punjabi moviez wich has become superhit, but none of them has good quality, original story..so nothing special about it..but there is no doubt shaan and moammar are good actors..

well post paki lion!..what a post!I am amazing after studying foreign country people think like the age of 1950's.. oh My god!..
Posted 07 May 2004

Rain Man says
but shaan can act man, he aint a kid, he might be makin bekaar movies, but again his experience from shamayl is lil too much...so i would go with shaan stealin the show from his hands...
Posted 07 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
paki lion said:

and how many times do i have 2 tell you that, whatever the reason may be (luck, talent, favortism etc.) shaan, maummar, saima, reema etc. were, and in some cases still are, A-list stars in lollywood. thats the bottom line. nothing else. shamyl and any other newcomer still has a LONG WAY to go b4 he can even be compared to these people and the 'hits' they have beena part of.

as for punjabi movies not being original...in some cases your point is very tru. but let me ask u: what urdu movie is original these days? and how many of them are REAL hits???
Posted 07 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
.......AND GREAT POST YAS DEVIL!!! I'AM AMAZED AFTER STUDYING PEOPLE LIVING IN PAKISTAN AND HOW THEY DON'T APPRECIATE THE TALENT (ex: SHAAN), THAT US FOREIGNERS RESPECT AND APPRECIATE!! US FOREIGNERS DON'T ALWAYS COMPLAIN, AND WE'RE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WE HAVE!!! these people's way of thinking is so 'advanced' as if they're in the year 2050. (severe sarcasm)
Posted 07 May 2004

Rain Man says
shaan n momi always been my favz, there are more, but these two rock
Posted 07 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
yup! no one compares to them...atleast not yet.
Posted 07 May 2004

Saki says
cool!
Posted 07 May 2004

STANDARD says
shan as a director very talent..modern director..
but stupid jehal paindoo director ruining shan's ability.
Posted 08 May 2004

STANDARD says
and dont be so happy..
both of modes always try to happy him ..
becoz he is alone poor blind fan of lollwood(without understanding anything).
Posted 08 May 2004

Rain Man says
its not about that standard, u had no right to say such thing...but since u said it, imma tell u that, before even i started praisin lollywood, i told em all Shaan is my fav actor from lollywood n Ayesha Khan was my fav actress from the dramas (the young one)...so nothing even close to wat u said
Posted 08 May 2004

STANDARD says
same here about shan .I like shan since 'ghoghat' movie..there is nothing diff...dont take so serious it's just a joke..I know ..it's true ..it's mode work.
Posted 08 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
i'm guessing, by yas's comment, that he deleted a previous comment directed 2 me, by standard. 2 bad i didn't read it in time. i would have LOVED to give him an answer...

ah well....rules r rules. but 4 next time yas yaar....PLEASE.....lemme read the comment first! lol. i want 2 fight my own battles!!!!
Posted 08 May 2004

Tight says
Yes Shan is good but no show stealing this time...i m sure........shamyl is equally talented......he will just get better with the time.....Personally i think shamyl has the brightest future if not spoiled by some groupings....cheeers
Posted 08 May 2004

Rain Man says
man i aint the type of mod who will kiss up to stay on modship, if i won't get along with someone, i will diss em right there, i won't care about ne thing...trust me standard...i don't kiss up to ne one...

nfakfan, yaar he didn't curse or ne thing lol, wat he said is up there i didn't delete it, he jus thought i was takin ur side or something...

Tight, lets bet on it, SHAAN is gona take the show away from him...the strongest thing is Shaan being a sunni...hellz yea all the way SUNNI RULEZZ , shiaz are so stupid, give us muslims bad name
Posted 08 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
oh! my bad! i thought he said something else, and u deleted it. sorry! its all good then...

i didn't know that if a mod agrees with a member on an issue, that its seen as favortism by some on this board??!! what a concept. LOL.

and btw...i'd like in, on that bet (that shaan will steal the show in qaidi 786)!!!
Posted 08 May 2004

STANDARD says
bachay ko kuch zaida hey kush fehmey ho giay..
Posted 08 May 2004

Rain Man says
kon bahccha
Posted 09 May 2004

Tight says
ok here u go.....i strognly believe shamyl has more potential then Shan and he will deliver better performance then Shan....if not seen with prejudice.......there is nothing like sunni rules thing yaaar.....i have many friend who belongs to Shiya Firqa....and i have never notice them calling us with bad names.....this mis-understanding has already cost many lives.......at least a normal citizen should not get involved in such riots......there is no damn reasonable reason to take a life.......
Posted 09 May 2004

Rain Man says
i have friends who are shia too, but i say it on their faces, u're an idiot
Posted 09 May 2004

¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

i have friends who are shia too, but i say it on their faces, u're an idiot

na we shud'nt do that live and let others live thats it.
Posted 09 May 2004

STANDARD says
¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

kon bahccha

aray wohey jis bacharay pur kabhi kabher turs aajata hai..
cholo khush honay do..kio baat nahi.    
Posted 10 May 2004

Tight said:

ok here u go.....i strognly believe shamyl has more potential then Shan and he will deliver better performance then Shan....if not seen with prejudice.......there is nothing like sunni rules thing yaaar.....i have many friend who belongs to Shiya Firqa....and i have never notice them calling us with bad names.....this mis-understanding has already cost many lives.......at least a normal citizen should not get involved in such riots......there is no damn reasonable reason to take a life.......

agreeee
Posted 10 May 2004

khanwh says
¥Ä§ ÐËViL said:

man i aint the type of mod who will kiss up to stay on modship, if i won't get along with someone, i will diss em right there, i won't care about ne thing...trust me standard...i don't kiss up to ne one...

nfakfan, yaar he didn't curse or ne thing lol, wat he said is up there i didn't delete it, he jus thought i was takin ur side or something...

Tight, lets bet on it, SHAAN is gona take the show away from him...the strongest thing is Shaan being a sunni...hellz yea all the way SUNNI RULEZZ , shiaz are so stupid, give us muslims bad name

Yas !!!

Although this is not the place to discus religion .

I must say that I find your outburst rubbishing shia sect really alarming !!!

To suggest that shan will steal the show , just because he is playing a sunni is bizarre !!!

This film is about forgetting our differences and living in harmony with each other !!!

I hope you will watch and learn from it !!!

How many times have we read people on this sight complaining that we dont see new faces in lolly .

Yet when we have a bril new actor like Shamyl , these same people just c'ant wait to rubbish him !!!

Yes Shan is good , and as a PAK I am very proud of him .

But that doesn't mean that Shamyl can't be equaly good .

Just give the man a chance !!!

Posted 11 May 2004

STANDARD says
by they way...I have seen shias a cool ethics manner..they r better than sunnis mostly.
Posted 11 May 2004

Rain Man says
man diff ppl diff opinions, i'm sayin the about the shia fact...

n about shan, ok not cuz he's playin a sunni...but cuz imo he has MORE experiece of actin the shamyl so i know for sure shaan will steal the show...now me n u can't say ne thing about the future so we'll wait for the critics review....
Posted 11 May 2004

STANDARD says
yeah..I am so exicited about this movie becoz of this topic..I think this topic is very new..has not discussed before any movie..
but Pakistani censor board is no room for politics and religion..anyway censor board shod be broad minded.

and Syed noor'Magic..I can trust.
Posted 11 May 2004

Reply to Topic