Former Packers and Texas AM coach Mike S

3369 views 11 replies
Reply to Topic
sherry2018love

Total Posts: 90

Former Packers and Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman is the new head football coach at a Cape Cod high school.Sherman has been hired atNauset Regional in North Eastham, Ma s., the school's athletic director confirmed to the Cape Cod Timeson Saturday night.Sherman was the Packers' coach from 2000 to2005 and won three division titles, but did not have much playoff succe s with a 2-4 record in four postseason appearances.He had previously been the offensive coordinator for the Seahawks. After Green Bay, Sherman spent two  EJ Gaines Jersey seasons with the Texans before taking over at Texas A&M as head coach. Sherman was fired after the 2011 season with a 25-25 record over four years. Sherman returned to the NFL as Miami's offensive coordinator from 2012 to 2013.Sherman a Ma sachusetts native has been living in Cape Cod since he left Miami. He is excited to coach again after believing his coaching career was over."Maybe we don't have a Pro Bowl player at QB, but there is a good chance our opponent isn't defending with a Pro Bowl cornerback, either,"  Connor Barwin Jersey Sherman told The Times. "Well adjust to wherever our talent leads us. If we can run it, well run it. If we can throw it, well throw  Troy Hill Jersey it. If we can do both, we will."Im excited to be their coach, he added. "Ill tell them I expect them to act like champions on and off the field, and that we should expect the very best out of each other. Football is a great team sport. In the course of a season you can experience the best of times as well as the worst of times. Your ability to handle the ups and the downs is what defines you and your team. When it's good, I'll tell them it's good. When it's bad, I'll tell them that, too. They need to be able to distinguish between the two.When I came to the Cape a year ago I felt I was done in coaching. I explored other outside opportunities, but I kept coming back to the fact I mi sed coaching. I mi sed the players and the preparation that goes into a season. I mi sed the ebb and  Andrew Whitworth Jersey flow, handling the highs and the lows."I have always admired high school coaches who give their time to their players. They have a chance to impact young lives. That is exciting and Im looking forward to having an effect on these kids lives."
Posted 15 Nov 2017

Reply to Topic