Pakistani Tv Channels, What A Difference

2868 views 56 replies
Reply to Topic
shaby

Total Posts: 1287

Pakistani Tv Channels, What A Difference 3 Years Can Make!

Anjaman TV
ARY Digital Asia
ARY One World
ARY Music
Geo TV
Indus Music
Indus News
Indus Plus
Indus Vision
KTN-Kawish TV Network
Mashriq TV
MTV Pakistan (No Joke Read The Article -> http://www.pakmanzil.com/news.htm )
PTV-1
PTV-2
PTV-3
PTV-National
PTV-World
PTV-AJK
PTV-Prime
PTV-Home
PTV-Entertainment
QTV
Shaheen Pay TV
The Musik
Ten Sports Pakistan
UTN
UNI Plus
Vectone Urdu
Posted 21 May 2004

shaby says
Pushto TV channel to start testing on 20th

By Ghafar Ali

PESHAWAR: The first Pushto language satellite television channel, AVT Khyber, will begin test transmissions on May 20.

Based in Islamabad, the AVT Khyber will air programmes on social, political, cultural and socio-economic events besides news in Pushto. Peshawar citizens welcomed the emergence of a Pushto news and entertainment channel. “It is a positive development since it will benefit millions of Pushtoons around the world,” said Adil Saeed, a lecturer at Islamia College Peshawar.

Three programmes have been prepared for test transmission. They will be hosted by Hasan Khan, Aisha Gulalai, Muntazim Shah, Najeeba Faiz, Shaheen Buneri and Laiba Yousafzai.

The Pushtoons in Afghanistan will be the prime beneficiaries of the new channel because unlike their Pakistani counterparts, they can’t understand Urdu programmes.

The AVT Khyber chief executive is Jawad Hamid Raja, news and current affairs section in charge is Amir Matin, programmes director is Firdaus Jamal and Mushtaq Aurakzai is its project director. Producer Muntazim Shah told Daily Times that they had recorded various programmes and were ready to air them.

Mr Shah said a love story called Meena Meena, a children’s programme titled Sabawoon, a religious programme called Rana, a music programme called Khyber Beats and a programme on the traditional food of Peshawar, Khyber Spice, had been recorded.

Shaheen Buneri, a young and talented journalist, hosts a programme called Kalee Pa Kalee about farmers’ problems. Mehmood Jan Babar, former bureau chief of PPI, who is in charge of the news and current affairs section in Peshawar, has recorded various feature news programmes.

“Khyber TV will help bring to light the neglected and often misinterpreted aspects of the social and cultural life of the Pushtoons and highlight the social and cultural values of other nationalities in the country,” Mr Buneri said. He said Khyber TV would bridge the communication gap between different societies in the country.
Posted 21 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
nice......!

i want indus music in the u.s./canada...
Posted 21 May 2004

wowow excellent man keep it up guyz
Posted 21 May 2004

shaby says
100 new channels are expcted in the next 5 years.
Posted 21 May 2004

thats plenty
Posted 21 May 2004

shaby says
just wanted to know is mtv pakistan started.
Posted 22 May 2004

shaby said:

just wanted to know is mtv pakistan started.

koi pata nahi
Posted 22 May 2004

yeh_dil says
I love pakistani Channels
Posted 23 May 2004

i don know abt mtv pakistan ekha nahi abhi tak
Posted 24 May 2004

MTV Pakistan...forget it...it won't ever happen at all anytime... just keep dreaming...
Posted 25 May 2004

saif_ali_khan said:

MTV Pakistan...forget it...it won't ever happen at all anytime... just keep dreaming...

tum hamesha khafa se kyo hote ho ???
Posted 25 May 2004

MrDeath says
so.. 3 years bak wat was da channel count???
Posted 27 May 2004

shaby says
mtv pakistan is lauching in summer i think.

Posted 27 May 2004

ARY MUSIC, is prob the same as Paki Mp3.
So pakis, which channel is better? ARY, GEO, or Indus?
Posted 27 May 2004

Bush_Blasta said:

ARY MUSIC, is prob the same as Paki Mp3.
So pakis, which channel is better? ARY, GEO, or Indus?

indus ka pata nahi... geo acha hai lekin zeda news ate hain... ary wese acha hai
Posted 28 May 2004

shaby says
geo is news channel but there 2 new channels are coming out this year, geo entertainment and geo music.

also there are 14 channels lauching in pak next month.
Posted 28 May 2004

umair16 says
I have Ary . . its a good channel with everything init. It dose show a lot of political programmes though.
Posted 28 May 2004

MTV will come to Pakistan that's a given. 4 years ago this would have been a dream but now I wouldn't be very surprised. Pakistan already has 2 major 24 hour Music channels and those are Indus Music and The Muziq. As shaby as pointed out GEO will launch it's channel in 2004 and ARY is also thinking about it as well. With that much competition MTV pretty much has no choice but to enter the music market; I'll bet anyone by the end of 2004 you will hear news about MTV coming to Pakistan in the very near future!
Posted 28 May 2004

shaby said:

Pakistani Tv Channels, What A Difference 3 Years Can Make!

Anjaman TV
ARY Digital Asia
ARY One World
ARY Music
Geo TV
Indus Music
Indus News
Indus Plus
Indus Vision
KTN-Kawish TV Network
Mashriq TV
PTV-1
PTV-2
PTV-3
PTV-National
PTV-World
PTV-AJK
PTV-Prime
PTV-Home
PTV-Entertainment
QTV
Shaheen Pay TV
The Musik
Ten Sports Pakistan
UTN
UNI Plus
Vectone Urdu

That's a very old list; check out the new one I updated.

Anjaman TV
ARY USA
ARY Europe
ARY Asia
ARY One World News
ARY Music
AVT Khyber
Business TV
CityChannel Karachi
Geo TV
Geo Entertainment (Coming Soon)
Geo Music (Coming Soon)
Indus Music
Indus News
Indus Plus
Indus Vision
KTN-Kawish TV Network
Mashriq TV
PTV-National
PTV-World
PTV-AJK
PTV-Prime
PTV-Home
PTV-Entertainment
QTV
Shaheen Pay TV
The Musik
Ten Sports Pakistan
UTN
UNI Plus
Vectone Urdu
Virtual University TV

That makes 33 channels and counting!
Posted 28 May 2004

But the number of TV channels that provide quality entertainment are very few...i like just ARY and GEO in terms of quality...

If u take quality channels that provide super quality entertainment..then India is way ahead with 24 hours quality programs.

1. Star Plus
2. Star Sports
3. Star News
4. Channel [v]
5. Star Sports
6. NDTV 24x7
7. NDTV India
8. Sahara TV India
9. Sahara TV Mumbai
10. Sahara News
11. SAB TV
12. B4U Music
13. B4U Movies
14. MTV India
15. India TV
16. Jain TV
17. Sony Entertainment TV
18. Sony MAX TV
19. HBO India
20. POGO India TV
21. Cartoon Network India
23. Star Movies India
24. Zee TV
25. Zee News
26. Zee Cinema
27. Zee Music
28. Discovery TV Hindi
29. Star World

Then you have 30 Channels of Doordarshan
20 South Indian Channels
15 Regional Channel in Mumbai Alone

and there are so many i can't even remember...

But the facvt of the matter is ...the top TV channels that will provide quality entertainment will only survive nationally like te 30 channels mentioned above
Posted 28 May 2004

MrDeath says
u forgot ten sprots india.. i like wwe...
Posted 28 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
same here.
Posted 28 May 2004

bombay_times said:

But the number of TV channels that provide quality entertainment are very few...i like just ARY and GEO in terms of quality...

If u take quality channels that provide super quality entertainment..then India is way ahead with 24 hours quality programs.

1. Star Plus
2. Star Sports
3. Star News
4. Channel [v]
5. Star Sports
6. NDTV 24x7
7. NDTV India
8. Sahara TV India
9. Sahara TV Mumbai
10. Sahara News
11. SAB TV
12. B4U Music
13. B4U Movies
14. MTV India
15. India TV
16. Jain TV
17. Sony Entertainment TV
18. Sony MAX TV
19. HBO India
20. POGO India TV
21. Cartoon Network India
23. Star Movies India
24. Zee TV
25. Zee News
26. Zee Cinema
27. Zee Music
28. Discovery TV Hindi
29. Star World

Then you have 30 Channels of Doordarshan
20 South Indian Channels
15 Regional Channel in Mumbai Alone

and there are so many i can't even remember...

But the facvt of the matter is ...the top TV channels that will provide quality entertainment will only survive nationally like te 30 channels mentioned above

Who the hell asked you for Indian TV channels. Unless your blind or serverly retarded I'd check the name of the topic again.

Furthermore I don't find Bhindian channels good; they flat out suck in my opinion. Either there playing Copywood films or having discussions on how to destroy Pakistan. Yeah you call that quality?

Indus, GEO, ARY and Indus are all great quality service channels; I'd suggest you take a look at each one before you go ahead and make an uneducated guess like that!

Also, half of those channels are branches of American channels; obviously they will have quality programming on. Tell me those channels which are purly 100% Indian and then come back to me about quality!

You think were stupid or something? Bhindi fourmers are quite retarded if you ask me! Pagal loag...Pagal Mulk!
Posted 28 May 2004

'TV channel to be set up for live coverage of National Assembly proceedings'

ISLAMABAD (May 27 2004): National Assembly Speaker Chaudhry Amir Hussain on Wednesday said a separate television channel would be set up for live coverage of proceedings of the Assembly.

He said this while addressing a one-day training workshop for journalists on parliamentary reporting organised by Rawalpindi-Islamabad Press Club in collaboration with the National Assembly.

The Speaker said presently, Pakistan Television is covering the proceedings of the Assembly.

He, however, pointed out that other television channels have been allowed to cover various meetings in the Parliament particularly the dialogue process on Legal Framework Order (LFO).

"If any private television channel applies for the coverage of Assembly's proceeding, its request would be considered," he added.

Chaudhry Amir Hussain said the print media is being provided better facilities for the prompt and accurate coverage of the Assembly's proceeding.

Eulogising the role of parliamentary reporting, he said journalists could carry out an important service for strengthening democratic institutions in the country.

Responding to a question, he agreed that a committee of journalists covering the parliament should be set up to improve the press coverage of the Parliament.

About production order of Javed Hashmi in the Assembly, he said in the past, only those members involved in murder or corruption cases were brought in the Assembly.

But, Hashmi has been sentenced imprisonment on account of mutiny and involvement of anti-state activities, he added.

Replying to a question about entry of journalists in the Parliament, he said they should display identity cards issued by their respective organisations for convenience of security staff.

Addressing the seminar, former Speaker, National Assembly, Gohar Ayub Khan said the role of journalists covering parliament's proceeding should be as a torch bearer.

"They could set good guidelines in accordance with the traditions and customs of the Parliament," he added.

He opined the press could activate the Parliament with its good coverage.

Leader of the House in the Senate, Wasim Sajjad underlined the need of accurate reporting of Parliament's proceeding.

The journalists could highlight their comments in a separate column, he added.

Later, Chaudhry Amir Hussain, Gohar Ayub and Wasim Sajjad distributed certificates among participants of the seminar.

Copyright Associated Press of Pakistan, 2004

So make that 34 Channels; I think the channel is called Parliament TV or something!
Posted 29 May 2004

shaby says
there will be over 50 by the end of summer.
Posted 29 May 2004

You know what Pakistan needs; those 24 hour Film channels like CineMax or HBO except Lollywood could start the channel and show old classics. From that they could get money and in turn use it to buy new equipment, which would greatly improve the quality of the films. More people will be more interested causing them to come back to the cinemas and buying the them. Therefore Lollywood would make more money and the cycle would continue.

They could call it...Film TV...how original..or better L4U

By the way Shaby..somebody needs to shut India2050 up wouldn't you agree?
Posted 29 May 2004

in USA, i only watch PTV prime, Espn, MTV, and a couple other channels outa a 100.
Now i feel like movin to Pak because of all those greatt channels!
Posted 29 May 2004

Anjaman TV
ARY USA
ARY Europe
ARY Asia
ARY One World News
ARY Music
AVT Khyber
Business TV
CityChannel Karachi
Geo TV
Geo Entertainment
Geo Music
Indus Music
Indus News
Indus Plus
Indus Vision
KTN-Kawish TV Network
Mashriq TV
MTV Pakistan (http://www.pakmanzil.com/news.htm )
PTV-National
PTV-World
PTV-AJK
PTV-Prime
PTV-Home
PTV-Entertainment
PTV-Parliament
QTV
Shaheen Pay TV
TeleBiz
The Musik
Ten Sports Pakistan
UTN
UNI Plus
Vectone Urdu
Virtual University TV

Those are two more channels I found.

Funny how the Bhindian Members haven't answered my question...losers!
Posted 14 Jun 2004

Anjaman TV
ARY USA
ARY Europe
ARY Asia
ARY One World News
ARY Music
AVT Khyber
Business TV
CityChannel Karachi
Geo TV
Geo Entertainment
Geo Music
Indus Music
Indus News
Indus Plus
Indus Vision
KTN-Kawish TV Network
Mashriq TV
MTV Pakistan (http://www.pakmanzil.com/news.htm )
PTV-National
PTV-World
PTV-AJK
PTV-Prime
PTV-Home
PTV-Entertainment
PTV-Parliament
QTV
Shaheen Pay TV
TeleBiz
The Musik
Ten Sports Pakistan
UTN
UNI Plus
Vectone Urdu
Virtual University TV
Virtual University TV 2

Posted 17 Jun 2004

indi boy said:

hahahahaha this raptors guy cracks me up ......his frustration just explodes here ......pakistan has no entertainment, ur own cablepeople went on strike demanding indian channels. the copywood movies u r talking about are ruling the roost right now. a month ago ur cinema owners went on strike to demand 'enemy'country movies to play in ur cinemas ..ur own newspapers carry articles on how ur society has killed entertainent and people a**ociatedwith it. this moron is just suffering from mega delusions...nobody wants to see images coming out of an islamic regressive and a restrictive country where u cant even mix with opposite sex ...leave alone drinking and frolicking....everyday in the western world there are news about how fantastic and mystical india is and what deplorable state ur miniscule country is...the time carried a cover story on indian movies and the time again two weeks back carried a story on the indian cultural grandslam ..reporting on how india after conjuring doctors and IT guys and outsourcing would now give the americans a field days in the entertainment sector while all pakistan is promoting is paranoia and ofcourse the world hates everything that has to do with ur version of islam....get real man and stopcomparingurself with a country which is 8 times ur size.....has more literacy ....lowerpoverty percentage..is plural ....incomparably freer..democratic( ever voted raptors?...i dont think so ).and commands respect in the civilzed world....ur tv is shunned by ur own people and as far as the rest of the world is concerned noone wants to watch ur low budget dramas with poor picture quality and yucky sound that u r so proud of....take a hike man ..if ur tv is so good then let it be an open market...noone gives a sh*t about ur tv channels and none even knows that u make movies...so shut the f**k up ...alsothe fact that ur artists come to india and rave about the country and given an opportunity would just stay here rather than ur restrictive nation where one can just get bored to death cause everything is restriced....lol no wonder u r frustrated and so high on testosterone....calm down man and accept realities here....and all this thaw in indo pak relations is just a phase ..like it happens allthe time...all we r doin is engaging u like we ve done for the last 57 years and u just play ...i wonder whos the pagal mulk here...hhahaha

yaar itne lambi takreer karne ke kya zarort hei tu jo keh phir bhi dil hai pakistani pakistan jesa koi nahi hei
Posted 18 Jun 2004

Reply to Topic