Stu Cowan: What's going on with the Canadiens' Carey Price?

1181 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
Angel92

Total Posts: 0

The minorlower-body injury Carey http://www.officialblackhawkssale.com/michal-rozsival-jersey-c-1_14.html Price suffered more than two weeks ago is starting to fail the smell test.
Last Tuesday morning, the Canadiens announced Price would take two days off the ice because his injury suffered Nov. 2 in Minnesota wasnt getting any better through on-ice workouts with goalie coach Stéphane Waite. Nothing to worry about was the message, and Price insisted that if the game that night against the Columbus Blue Jackets was a playoff game, he absolutelycould have played.
They dont have to be concerned,Price said about Canadiens fans. Its just taking a little bit longer than expected just because of the nature of my position. I just want to make sure that Im 100 per cent and can do my job to the best of my ability when I come back. Im just going to make sure I take my time with it, and it wont be very long.
Price didnt skate Tuesday and Wednesday, as was planned. He also didnt skate Thursday, Friday or Saturday, and the Canadiens had a day off Sunday following a 6-0 loss to the Toronto Maple Leafs Saturday night at the Bell Centre. A Canadiens official said after the game that Price is still around the team and continuing with his off-ice workouts.
When coach Claude Julien was asked if there was any update on Prices condition following Saturdays morning skate in Brossard, he had a stern, one-word answer: No.
The Canadiens have not said exactly what the injury is to Price, and the goalie insisted it has nothing to do with the right knee injury that ended his season in late November two years ago. Its certainly starting to look like this latest injury is not minor.
Or could it be something else? Could the Canadiens be looking to trade the 30-year-old goaltender before his new eight-year, US$84-million contract kicks in next season?
The problem with not coming clean http://www.officialblackhawksshop.com/bobby-hull-jersey-c-1_41.html on injuries is that it can lead to all kinds of speculation, just like it did two years ago when the Canadiens didnt announce exactly what Prices injury was until near the end of the season.
The Canadiens are a badly broken hockey team following back-to-back embarrassing losses on home ice to Arizona the worst team in the NHL and Toronto in front of a national TV audience on Hockey Night in Canada with Go Leafs Go!chants filling the Bell Centre.

Posted 24 Nov 2017

Reply to Topic