SAIMA (NO1 PUNJABI ACTRESS)

6487 views 16 replies
Reply to Topic
GUJJAR302

Total Posts: 41

Saima is undoubtedly Lollywood's top-league and most sought-after actress. Right from her first film, Khatarnak (1991), to her superhit film Budda Gujjar released on Eidul Fitr, this lady has worked in more than 250 films, and is the reigning queen of the industry.
In the 10 years of her career, she has got several awards and performed many memorable characters.

Saima said that she intended to come into direction, but before joining direction she would want to properly learn all the technicalities of film-making. She said that direction was not child's play.

She further said that she could come into this field but she herself did not know when, because she was too much occupied in acting. "I have no time to marry even," she declared.

Saima said that other heroines must concentrate on their work rather than pa**ing statements as to who is and who is not number one.
She said that she did not believe in sifarish, "After fininshing my work I go back home and have a good sleep. But, those heroines who take the support of sifarish usually do not last long.

"Look at the Indian actresses," she said, "Look at Shabana Azmi. She is always number one in a way, because she has a place of her own in their film industry, which no one has taken."

Saima said that those heroines who claim that they have offers from India are telling absolute lies. "They go to India and have themselves photographed with Indian actors, and published them in newspapers."
About (late) Sultan Rahi, she said, "Rahi was not a conventionally handsome looking man. But he was a great star, and a very cooperative person. He never caused any losses to any producer, even he had to work in several shifts at a time. He was the real number one."
She further said that even today, film makers are obsessed with the Rahi kind of films.
Talking about Humayun Gujjar, she said that it was a bad film, but because it was a success, every producer was encouraged and wanted to make films like this one.

Posted 01 Jul 2004

Reply to Topic