Bhatti & Resham to tie the knot

4148 views 20 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

World-renowned fashion designer Mahmood Bhatti is tying the knot with Lollywood actress, Resham. This was disclosed by the designer from his hometown in Paris.

Bhatti admitted that he was deeply in love with the actress, and that he had been "telling her to make an official announcement of our wedding plans, maybe in a press conference or something." He further said that he was "waiting for my friends, like Faisal Saleh Hayat, the Hashwanis, to get together, and then we'll have a formal engagement sometime next month... The wedding will take place in Islamabad."

Resham, 27, has recently been out of limelight, except for the Fuzon video in which she came together for the first time with Bollywood diva, Urmila Matondker, and a host of TV commercials. But, she is highly regarded as an actress, having won the prestigious National Film Award for 5 times in her career spanning 9 years and still going on.

She is also seen as the film industry's rare style icon, a quality that instantly connected her to a designer of Bhatti's stature. Today, her career is at a low ebb, but this doesn't bother her. The wedding bells are enough to keep her spirits soaring high.

"We've been in love for the past ten years... ever since we met for the first time at Bege's place," she said, gushingly, when contacted for her views, "I love Bhatti for the very fact that he has waited for me for 10 long years. Of course, he is a very nice human being."

It may be mentioned here that Bhatti has been married once, with kids. But, he divorced his American wife two years back. In reply to a query, Resham said, "I told Bhatti that I was not concerned about his past. I've had relationships, and so what if he's had his share of relationships. What concerns me is our future together."

She further said that she was looking forward to settling down in France. But, the wedding ceremony is due to be held in Pakistan, "Hashwani treats Bhatti like his son. He calls him (Bhatti) 'beta', and his plan is to arrange our wedding at the same place where his own son got married, which is at the Ayub Khan house in Islamabad."
Posted 30 Jul 2004

Reply to Topic