1ST Ever Music Awards Take Place...

15731 views 87 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

Music awards extravaganza
on Thursday, July 29 @ 14:30:49 PKT

Pop music dominates in Pakistan. The first music awards of Pakistan were organised by the Indus Music channel. The Jazz IM Awards were held at Alhamra Hall in Lahore on Saturday. The event brought together most of the popular singers in the country. The grand awards ceremony held on the pattern of Grammy Awards was a treat to watch and may start new trends. The stars and celebrities of different fields of showbiz walked the red carpet in style to enter the hall premises. Celebrities at the height of fashion in clothes specially prepared by designers created that magical showbiz atmosphere not seen around much. The man who stood out was pop singer

Ali Zafar arriving in shining dhoti kurta. Najam Sheraz in tuxedo and then in reddish colour suit also stood out. Sajjad Ali, Ali Azmat and Sukhbir continued to wear sunglasses throughout the night. Tooba and Mani received the guests while recording their comments. Inside the hall the atmosphere was charming with striking display of lighting creating special effects. Faizan and Umber Dino and Anoushey enlivened the show with witty remarks in English and funny acts. Interestingly the whole show was conducted in English. The stars too talked in English and those finding it difficult chose to remain silent.

The celebrities who presented the awards included pop star Sukhbir, Nadia Afgan, Hassan Shehryar, ZQ, Asad Amanat, Shafqat Amanat, Sarmad Sultan, Amina Shafat, Humayun Saeed, Imaan Ali, Ali Azmat, Salman Ahmed, Marina Khan, Suneita Marshall, Resham, Iraj, Adnan Siddique, Tina Sani, Usman Peerzada, Musarrat Misbah, Rahat Fateh Ali, Sajjad Ali, Sania Saeed, Samina Peerzada, Deepak Perwani, Asim Raza, Tariq Amin, Nadia Hussain. Savera Nadeem, Shoaib Hashmi and Yousaf Salahuddin.
There was something nostalgic about the whole event as well. Video clippings of the songs of super stars like Alamgir, Nazia Hassan, Zohaib Hassan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Sajjad Ali and Vital Signs were shown on the two screens. Rather the whole history of pop music in Pakistan was fondly traced with other popular stars' clippings featuring in too. Lifetime Achievement Award was given to legendary singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan collected this award. Special IM Awards for contribution to music was given to Nazia Hassan. Salman Ahmed of Junoon came to take this award. Others who were given special awards were Alamgir, Sajjad Ali, Najam Shiraz and Ali Haider, Sajjad receiving the award said that this was his first award and recognition of his talent. Tina Sani receiving Alamgir's award disclosed that Alamgir had introduced her as a singer. A special award was also given to lyricist Sabir Zafar who has written over 500 songs.

Medley performances continued throughout the show. The best was the Western one in which performing artistes played Beatles, Elvis Presley, George Michael and Michael Jackson with their popular songs playing in background. The moonwalk performance by a youngster was admiringly good.

Stars who presented their dance numbers included Ali Haider (presenting Purani Jeans), Humaira Arshad, Jawad Ahmed and Najam Shiraz. Band Overload of Papu Sain gave an electrifying performance on dhol, daphli and acoustic drum. The band received a standing ovation from the audience. There was also a dance performance on song 'Channo'. The show ended with the presentation of song 'Garaj Baras' by Junoon.

-- Courtesy The Nation Plus

Posted 30 Jul 2004

MR PERFECT says
sounds like it was a professional ceremony. stars from the present were on showcase for all 2 see, and stars from the past were not overlooked (nfak, nazia). so all in all it sounds like it was a great show.

and i think the lady in the pic is humaira! lookin' very elegant!

Posted 30 Jul 2004

umair16 says
Whos showing the awards . . if it's indus that means s only the pakistani can watch it cos we dont have that in the UK. .

Is that humaira she looks cool.
Posted 30 Jul 2004

maine abhi tak lollywood ke awards nahi dekhe...tum music awards ki baat kar rahe ho
Posted 30 Jul 2004

umair16 says
shahrukh khan said:

maine abhi tak lollywood ke awards nahi dekhe...tum music awards ki baat kar rahe ho

Well their is one thats going to happen at the wembly arena in sept so i can watch them . .

Edge do u have anymore information on them awards . . i know am the one in london but their no sign of them here.
Posted 30 Jul 2004

MR PERFECT says
i don't have any info on the lollywood awards. sorry. i'll let u know if i hear anything...

umair, on a side note: day after tmorrow (sunday aug. 1) is the mega music masti in toronto!

tariq tafu, some guy named raza, farooq (the comedian/host), rabi pirzada, faakhir, reema and ofcourse - abrar - are all coming!

last year, reema didn't come. LOTS of people were disapointed. but this year she will definately be there, because she was on the radio today right after her plane landed in toronto! she was on her way from the airport to the hotel! so she will not disapoint this time around. i'll let u know how the show went, and what she does!   
Posted 31 Jul 2004

umair16 says
u lucky people . . reema was at the london super music masti concert and she was weiked . .
is these show promoted but shohib alam aswell . . just want to know .
We proble see reema performing at the lollywood awards here in london aswell . . as shohib alam is the promoter and organizers . .
tell me how the show goes i want every details . tomorrow we have a mela which jawad ahmed is coming to . . i love hes new album is's the bomb.

Guess what . .ARY DEGITAL still has not showed the millan show that happned in april that had shaan and saima in . i have a feeling they might show it on pakistan independent day . and i carnt wait untell that day.
Posted 31 Jul 2004

oke edge
Posted 01 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
i know my yaar shahrukh must be anxiously waiting to hear what his favorite actress reema does @ the show!!

umair, shohaib alam is not promoting this show. i think its diamond promotions, or more likely dharti sohni pakistan. i'm not sure. either way i will keep u posted...

as 4 ary.....last week they showed milan 2004!! they showed part one, and i only saw the last 10 minutes which included my favorite, humaira arshad!! this week they might show part two! keep an eye out 4 it...
Posted 01 Aug 2004

umair16 says
arrr u lucky people . . how comes u get to see it before us . . dam
well atleast they are showing it.
i have a feelling they might show it soon because of the criket they have not been able to show it . so i think its coming on mayb next week .
how did the show look . .stage etc . .did it look good.
their one thing i dont like about the concert and that is the stage and layout . it dont look very perfessonal . i know thats a stupid thing to notie but with out that the show look cheap.
keep me updated on all the shows. and i'll keep u updated on whats new in london.
Posted 01 Aug 2004

Edge said:

i know my yaar shahrukh must be anxiously waiting to hear what his favorite actress reema does @ the show!!

umair, shohaib alam is not promoting this show. i think its diamond promotions, or more likely dharti sohni pakistan. i'm not sure. either way i will keep u posted...

as 4 ary.....last week they showed milan 2004!! they showed part one, and i only saw the last 10 minutes which included my favorite, humaira arshad!! this week they might show part two! keep an eye out 4 it...

nahi yaar...kabhi dekhay nahi lollywood awards
Posted 01 Aug 2004

scotchtape says

Iman
Posted 01 Aug 2004

umair16 says
iman ali look greaty and i love humera hair . . fanky
Posted 01 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
umair16 said:

arrr u lucky people . . how comes u get to see it before us . . dam
well atleast they are showing it.
i have a feelling they might show it soon because of the criket they have not been able to show it . so i think its coming on mayb next week .
how did the show look . .stage etc . .did it look good.
their one thing i dont like about the concert and that is the stage and layout . it dont look very perfessonal . i know thats a stupid thing to notie but with out that the show look cheap.
keep me updated on all the shows. and i'll keep u updated on whats new in london.

hey! i JUST got back from the mega music masti concert in toronto.

here is the report umair:

some dumb jackass newspaper reporter for a pakistani newspaper published an article yesterday which claimed that abrar did not get a visa 4 entry into canada and was not going to be @ the show. as a result...half of the arena was empty, cause people thought he would not be there. the host began the show by publically condemning the article and confirmed that abrar and EVERYONE else was indeed @ the show and ready 2 perform!! so that was a shame...half of the arena was empty all becuase of a fake report.

anyhow....the show was awsome for two reasons: ABRAR AND REEMA! rabi pirzada looked very nice and she was entertaining, as was faakhir, but abrar and reema stole the show.

reema danced to 2 songs: gal sun dholna and mai nai boldi...the same routine as the one @ super music masti @ wembly arena. she looked AMAZING and danced even better.

and abrar....what can i say....he sang 10-12 songs and every song (even rang rang) had people on their feet!! he is truly the man when it comes to getting people to dance! even the sikhs who were present were enjoying him so much!! all in all, it was a great show...only lowpoint was the stupid reporter who lied and cost abrar half of an arena.
Posted 02 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
here r 3 pics i took:

*took 'em down cause they were 2 big
Posted 02 Aug 2004

scotchtape says

Posted 03 Aug 2004

umair16 says
HELLO EDGE . THANX FOR THE UPDATE .

thats really bad what happened with the show i feel very sorry for the show promoters.

reema looks cool and yeh she's the best no stage
Abrar allwayz rocks the show thats why he the last 2 come on .

Did u watch the other half of the Millan 2004 concert . .how was it

Ary show promo's of it here in london and it say's coming soon on Ary digital and i must say the show looks great . even Saima .
Posted 04 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
no problem yaar

the same show is coming for the pakistani independence mela on aug. 22nd. and on aug. 14th, ali haider, nooran lal and others r coming! can't wait...

as 4 the show on ary..i was wrong...the one aired last week and this past week was super music masti 2004. it had humaira, fakhir, shehzad roy, reema and more...it was good.

who was @ milan 2004?? saima, shaan, and who else? i hope they show that in canada as well...i want 2 see what the dynamic duo do (shaan/saima)!! lol
Posted 04 Aug 2004

umair16 says
We also have a Mela coming here but its mostly Uk based artist and theirs alwayz one pakistani artist.

i think Ary must have shown the super music masti 2003 concert not 2004 cos that was aiored by prime tv.
The millan 2004 concert had . shaan, saima,noor,shazad roy,humera arshad,ali haider,shjad ali and many more . .their also gori who are danceing with saima and shaan . . but saima and shaan dont dance together .

The show that happned in canada looked great . who is going to air that show . we nover get to see other country's show's
Posted 04 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
can't wait. i want to see what shaan and saima do and how the crowd reacts 2 them.

the show in canada wont be aired on any channel i don't think...they wont even show it locally over here...

but it was a very good show. abrar and reema were excellent. the last 2 years i have attended abrar's shows, deedaar came one year and roop came the other year. both did pointless dances and were uninteresting. but reema had everyone's attention and she did dance numbers which the whole family could enjoy. the host even said to her 'this section loves u the most' so reema especially came to that side and waved while people took pictures. she was very classy.

she also confirmed @ the show that she would not only be directing but also acting in her upcoming movie, 'koi tujsa kahan.' she also said that she came up with the title in dedication to pakistan and its people!!
Posted 05 Aug 2004

umair16 says
cool . . thats strang they wont show the concert . .
How did u find the super music concert 2003 . . reema was also inthat and abrar and shazad roy . . and not forgeting nirma who dose not like wearing many cloths.

I also want to see the reaction of the poeple to Saima . cos this is the forst time that i will see her perfomre on stage.

Thats one thing i like about reema on stage that when she dancesess the whole family can enjoy it . nirma dose such a slutti dance which everyone carnt really watch with their family . .watch her at the super music masti her face expretions and etc.
Posted 05 Aug 2004

paki_fan says
Edge said:

Music awards extravaganza
on Thursday, July 29 @ 14:30:49 PKT

Pop music dominates in Pakistan. The first music awards of Pakistan were organised by the Indus Music channel. The Jazz IM Awards were held at Alhamra Hall in Lahore on Saturday. The event brought together most of the popular singers in the country. The grand awards ceremony held on the pattern of Grammy Awards was a treat to watch and may start new trends. The stars and celebrities of different fields of showbiz walked the red carpet in style to enter the hall premises. Celebrities at the height of fashion in clothes specially prepared by designers created that magical showbiz atmosphere not seen around much. The man who stood out was pop singer

Ali Zafar arriving in shining dhoti kurta. Najam Sheraz in tuxedo and then in reddish colour suit also stood out. Sajjad Ali, Ali Azmat and Sukhbir continued to wear sunglasses throughout the night. Tooba and Mani received the guests while recording their comments. Inside the hall the atmosphere was charming with striking display of lighting creating special effects. Faizan and Umber Dino and Anoushey enlivened the show with witty remarks in English and funny acts. Interestingly the whole show was conducted in English. The stars too talked in English and those finding it difficult chose to remain silent.

The celebrities who presented the awards included pop star Sukhbir, Nadia Afgan, Hassan Shehryar, ZQ, Asad Amanat, Shafqat Amanat, Sarmad Sultan, Amina Shafat, Humayun Saeed, Imaan Ali, Ali Azmat, Salman Ahmed, Marina Khan, Suneita Marshall, Resham, Iraj, Adnan Siddique, Tina Sani, Usman Peerzada, Musarrat Misbah, Rahat Fateh Ali, Sajjad Ali, Sania Saeed, Samina Peerzada, Deepak Perwani, Asim Raza, Tariq Amin, Nadia Hussain. Savera Nadeem, Shoaib Hashmi and Yousaf Salahuddin.
There was something nostalgic about the whole event as well. Video clippings of the songs of super stars like Alamgir, Nazia Hassan, Zohaib Hassan, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Sajjad Ali and Vital Signs were shown on the two screens. Rather the whole history of pop music in Pakistan was fondly traced with other popular stars' clippings featuring in too. Lifetime Achievement Award was given to legendary singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan collected this award. Special IM Awards for contribution to music was given to Nazia Hassan. Salman Ahmed of Junoon came to take this award. Others who were given special awards were Alamgir, Sajjad Ali, Najam Shiraz and Ali Haider, Sajjad receiving the award said that this was his first award and recognition of his talent. Tina Sani receiving Alamgir's award disclosed that Alamgir had introduced her as a singer. A special award was also given to lyricist Sabir Zafar who has written over 500 songs.

Medley performances continued throughout the show. The best was the Western one in which performing artistes played Beatles, Elvis Presley, George Michael and Michael Jackson with their popular songs playing in background. The moonwalk performance by a youngster was admiringly good.

Stars who presented their dance numbers included Ali Haider (presenting Purani Jeans), Humaira Arshad, Jawad Ahmed and Najam Shiraz. Band Overload of Papu Sain gave an electrifying performance on dhol, daphli and acoustic drum. The band received a standing ovation from the audience. There was also a dance performance on song 'Channo'. The show ended with the presentation of song 'Garaj Baras' by Junoon.

-- Courtesy The Nation Plus

is there any site which also contains pics of the show??
Posted 06 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
umair16 said:

cool . . thats strang they wont show the concert . .
How did u find the super music concert 2003 . . reema was also inthat and abrar and shazad roy . . and not forgeting nirma who dose not like wearing many cloths.

I also want to see the reaction of the poeple to Saima . cos this is the forst time that i will see her perfomre on stage.

Thats one thing i like about reema on stage that when she dancesess the whole family can enjoy it . nirma dose such a slutti dance which everyone carnt really watch with their family . .watch her at the super music masti her face expretions and etc.

yeah man..nirma was useless. she's a dirty dancer. every time the song changed...she would lose a peice of clothing. lol. pointless. reema on the other hand was great as usual @ super music masti 2003. i'm confident saima did a good job as well...lets wait and see!!

u think maybe she performed to a song from chooriyan?? that would be wicked. or even larki punjaban??

Posted 06 Aug 2004

umair16 says
Lol . . my aunty noticed thta swell . . that when the song changed she lost a piuece of clothing . . lucky she didnt have 2 or 3 more song then she would have took everything off lol the last song she did a dance to was good . mundiya duptta . that was good all the rest of the song's where good but not really daceing songs.

My friend went to the Millan show and he told me that Saima performed to the song . shazia manzoor . Batyan Bujhae Rakhdi and shaan performed to fahkir song dil na lagee . something like that and noor dance with ali haider . he was singing and she was on the side danceing to a remix version of sona mera maie . . i dont know if thats the right spelling but it was something like that . .lol i got all the info from him.
I really want them to bring zara or veena malik to the UK . The are new artist making it big . they need to come and promote their name internationally. what u think.

Posted 07 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
lol...u're right yaar...1 or 2 more songs and nirma would have been nangi!! lol.

so saima danced to a shazia manzoor song?! i've seen her perform on that song in a movie...it was good. as 4 shaan...2 be honest with u...i dont like 2 see him dance. he is an action hero type and he doesn't look good when dancing. but i will wait 2 see and then comment!

as 4 ali haider, i'm not a big fan of him, but its cool when singers get other artists to dance to their songs. so if noor danced for him it must have been wicked. i also liked it when fakhir got ahmed bhatt, mehreen raheel and other models to dance 2 his song on eid!

i agree that we should get the youngsters to come overseas and perform @ concerts. veena, zara, sara chaudry, ahmed bhatt, resham, and even singers like fuzon, ali zafar etc should all come here and gain exposure. they have a HUGE following outside of pakistan and they should take advantage of that
Posted 07 Aug 2004

umair16 says
I have also seen saima dance on the song in a movie but i ment on stage infront of 10 thosand people . .

Shaan i must say didnt look himself from the promo i have seen . . hes hair is totally diffrent from what we see and he looks more of a hero then a action hero.

Nirma and reema and noor snana and now saima are the only actresess that have come to the UK . . it would be good to see mummar rana and ahmed butt performe with anther actresess l;ike bollywood dose . . our actors dont performe much on stage and i think they should start bringing male actors aswell . we should have both sex performe and not that wemen.
even though the females are better .
ONE thing i have noticed it that they dont performe to their movie songs . .they performe on artist songs and not films.
Which actresess have u had at concerts in canada.
Posted 07 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
i think the reason our actresses/actors don't come to do shows like bollywood, is because our people are more interested in pakistani music. fact of the matter is lollywood is only liked by a select few...meanwhile our music is loved by people worldwide. thats probably why maummar, ahmed and such actors do not come with the actresses. and the only reason the actresses come is because they can dance. pakistani actors cannot! which in my opinion is a good thing!!

in canada we have had nirma, roop, deedar, and reema come in the last 3 years. i don't know who came before that time tho?! i was not a lollywood fan so i never paid attention!
Posted 08 Aug 2004

umair16 says
Yes i menr that they should come with the singer . . We need to rpomot out star so people would recognize them when the movie comes out . .

When did nirma come to canada . .did u see her performe how was she . . we have also had deedar but she came for a stage show. She's stupid . never heard of roop.

Here in the UK stage shows have become a big hit . .we had 3 last year and we have had one this year with more to come . . the thing is that their not family shows . if u know what i mean . .
beside that instead of nirma , reema, noor all the time they should bring upcoming bright stars .

I would love them to bring Amna haq . . i wana see what the reaction of people would be.
Posted 08 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
no yaar...i didn't go 2 see nirma. she came with shehzad roy, rahim shah and some others. i don't know who roop is either. lol. i only went cause it was an abrar concert...roop just happend 2 be there as well.

we dont have 2 many comedy stage shows. the last time we had one was 5 years ago i think?? but they r pretty popular here as well. musical concerts are more popular tho..we just need heavy promotion. if promoted right...i'm pretty confident that we can sellout skydome with attractions like abrar, hadiqa, jawad ahmed, ali zafar, junoon, fuzon, strings, omer sharif, reema, and more all on one super show!!!

Posted 08 Aug 2004

umair16 says
How many seater in the sky dome . . here wembly is about 15 thousand . and its mostly full up .

We have had nearly all the big name singer's here in london . but not strings. We had sana c. . who was wearing a small dress showing her legs to everyone .
Humera arshad in my opinion is very entetaining . her songs are great and her voice is do depp which i love about her.
Have u every had the Millan show in canada . just woundering.

My dad was telling me that their anther show happening at wembly which has abrar and reema . . i have niot seen the adverte yet but i will keep my eye out.
Posted 08 Aug 2004

MR PERFECT says
skydome can seat upto 60,000+
if we can get an allstar lineup like the one i mentioned and maybe special appearances by legends like medhi hassan...i'm confident we can sellout skydome. not only pakistani's but indians would come and watch as well. it could be a cultural show...

we've never had the milan show here tho. i think its exlusively held in london?

humaira has come here 2 times in the same year - the same month in fact! she was excellent. as u know she is my favorite female singer. i also like how she is conservative in the way she dresses yet very modern...for example, have u seen her hair now?! first she cut it which was unique, and now she has dyed it red!!! she's very modern yet 100% pakistani!! i love that abt her. plus next 2 hadiqa, she is the only female singer who draws a young crowd.

abrar and reema r coming here 4 a mela on the 22nd. i hope abrar sings more new songs, and reema dances to a new song as well. lets see!!
Posted 09 Aug 2004

Reply to Topic