WhatsApp to raise minimum age limit to 16 in EU

14578 views 805 replies
Reply to Topic
Emma121

Total Posts: 0

Popular messaging service WhatsApp is banning under-16s from using its platform in the European Union.
Users must currently be at least 13, but the firm is changing the rules ahead of the introduction of new EU data privacy regulations in May.
The app, which is owned by Facebook, will ask users to confirm their age when prompted to agree new terms of service in the next few weeks.
It has not said how the age limit will be enforced.
At present, WhatsApp does not ask users their age when they join, nor does it cross-reference their Facebook or Instagram accounts to find out.
About a third of all UK-based 12- to 15-year-olds active on social media use WhatsApp, according to a 2017 report by the media regulator Ofcom.
That made it the fifth most popular social network with the age group after Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube.
Data privacy
The EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force on 25 May, will give people much more control over how companies use their information.
They will also have the right to have personal data erased.
It also includes specific rules to protect children from having their personal data collected for marketing purposes, or to create user profiles.
Apple Support Number UK
Posted 25 Apr 2018

Akinzccm says
This should be helpful. 
Enttechub mod apk
Posted 09 Apr 2021

huzena4 says
Are you love to share your photos on Instagram then you need to download the latest Instagram plus apk on your smartphone.
Posted 10 May 2021

agen138 says
agen138 merupakan sebuah situs judi slot online yang kini telah merokat tajam dengan berbagai promo menarik dan kemudahan yang memberikan daya
tarik bagi para pecinta judi slot online untuk bermain disini.
Posted 10 May 2021

Jaskons1 says
About a third of all UK-based 12- to 15-year-olds active on social media use WhatsApp SMS bomb, according to a 2017 report by the media regulator Ofcom.
Posted 24 May 2021

jing64 says
Hello sir!
I think it is very useful for business service.
fast way tracking
Posted 29 May 2021

The age of 16 has begun to grow up, so whatsapp WAGBPro has such a minimum age limit is reasonable
Posted 08 Jul 2021

You can see more details at WAGBPro
Posted 11 Jul 2021

ashish2902 says
best microwave ovens for kitchen?A few years prior, microwaves were not a typical item in the Indian Kitchen. Many were wary about the medical advantages of cooking in such broilers and some even discovered the cost to be on the higher side. Notwithstanding, presently individuals have begun understanding the colossal conceivable outcomes that Best Microwave Ovens offer.
Posted 11 Jul 2021

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing
a quality resource for free. Keep up the good work - COC MOD and  https://gbplusmod.com/download-gbwhatsapp-apk/
Posted 12 Jul 2021

Funny Anime Quotes from all worldwide famous anime in one place on the best quotes site - quotesbus
Posted 27 Aug 2021

fatima23 says
Thanks for sharing this info with us. This is very useful for us. Also, check
Spiderman 2
Posted 06 Sep 2021

Have you ever tried Null's Brawl Apk, which is the Mod version of its original server
Posted 14 Sep 2021

itzzadams says
good post.... thanks for it.
WhatsApp Mods Download
Posted 15 Sep 2021

itzzadams says
Good Post. check answer here Geortz
Posted 15 Sep 2021

Very informatory and important blog for those who want to design and develop a website in coming time. We have the details of some of the best. visit the website get more information, how to beat an assault charge in canada
Posted 15 Sep 2021

microneedling vaughan Very Nice Compliments about our Web Design · “It is really easy, and nice to navigate. · “Very impressive. · “you are doing a great job.

Posted 16 Sep 2021

motry says
Now I Am Using Mod App Like Netflix Mod Apk 2021 If You Dont Have Click And Go And Download All Version Netflix Mod For Android, Netflix Premium Mod For IOS Netflix Mod For Windows All Are Working Fine Check Out.
Posted 19 Sep 2021

As of May 2018, WhatsApp's minimum age of use is 16 years old if you live in the European Union, or a country that has adopted the GDPR, as the UK has. It was previously 13 and WhatsApp has not yet said what will happen to users between 13 and 16 who already held accounts under the old terms and conditions. Xfinity Speed Test
Posted 29 Sep 2021

Andrew32 says
https://idnpoker887.com/ , Situs Judi Idnplay Termurah

http://pokeronlineloginmobile.zohosites.com/

https://sites.google.com/view/pokeronlinedepositovo/

https://kadangbisa546.wixsite.com/website

http://linkresmipokeronline.simplesite.com/

Posted 30 Sep 2021

kirito says
Thanks for sharing this valuable information Emma. it's a great help

Kinemaster MOD APK

Posted 30 Sep 2021

lok90 says
Nice post, Thanks for the useful content. It’s hard to find nowadays to know about the basics but you did it so much well. I would love to see more about it. Please share with my blog GBPLUS
Posted 03 Oct 2021

Very important and wonderful post here. I really like it very much. I will come back to the website to read your blogs. Thanks for sharing and keep sharing. t 360
Posted 16 Oct 2021

Amazon.com/mytvPrime is Amazon's paid subscription. It gives you unlimited access to many services, including fast delivery, unlimited streaming and exclusive deals. Unlimited streaming of TV shows and movies is available to Prime subscribers. Amazon Instant Video offers most of its content free of charge.Amazon Prime Membership.
amazon.com/codeamazon.com/us/codeamazon code | amazon.com/us/code
Posted 16 Oct 2021

I use yo whatsapp app found it has no age requirement.
Posted 22 Oct 2021

I use yo whatsapp app found it has no age requirement.
Posted 27 Oct 2021

Posted 27 Oct 2021

john006 says
gb whatsapp 2022 has now confirmed to us it is raising the minimum age to use its service from 13 to 16 across the EU
Posted 01 Nov 2021

john006 says
gbwhatsapp mod apk It is not clear how or if the age limit will be checked given the limited data requested and held by the service.?
Posted 01 Nov 2021

I think probably maybe some restrictions in that EU region
Posted 01 Nov 2021

john006 says
Whatsapp?, which has faced scrutiny for its data sharing practices in the past, said its move would help it meet the "new high standards of transparency" in the EU.Effectively, it saves it the trouble of having to seek consent in those countries enforcing the 16-years-old age limit.However, the app plans to keep its age limit at 13 in the rest of the world.
Posted 03 Nov 2021

Reply to Topic