Fatwa issued against Pak actress!

5199 views 747 replies
Reply to Topic
jason statham

Total Posts: 2999

Pakistani actress Meera claims receiving life-threatening calls from a Pakistani religious organization for her work in Soni Razdan's film Nazar. Meera, who is starring in Nazar with Asmit Patel, refused to name the organization fearing safety reasons. Certain film scenes of Meera smooching Ashmit Patel were circulated during the Kara film festival in December last year.

“I began receiving threatening calls after that from a man named Sher Khan, who would abuse me and told me that he had issued a fatwa against me in Pakistan and that if I go back there he will have me killed,” she says.

The reason she states for the threatening calls is that the organisation doesn't want her to work in India, “they asked me how could you kiss a Hindu?” she says. Meera is a popular actress in Pakistan and is making her debut in Bollywood with Nazar. According to her she did not raise this issue earlier as she was afraid that film producers might avoid working with her. Now tired of shuttling between Mumbai, Dubai and London the actress is home sick and needs to go back to Pakistan. Meera has repeatedly asked for a re shoot of the sequence the Bhatts have refused to comply.

Posted 10 Feb 2005

muje lagta hai yeh jhoot bol rahi hei   
Posted 10 Feb 2005

Ashii says
hawwwwww..
sahi to kehte hein na
sharam nahi aati meera ko,,, how can she kiss a hindu
muslims mar gae hein kya
Posted 10 Feb 2005

paki lion says
SALL said:

hawwwwww..
sahi to kehte hein na
muslims mar gae hein kya

this is so stupid reasons? what do u expect then if u go to india, there are only muslims? u cant say to all those hindus plz play a muslim for one day, can they? and why are we justifying peoples by their religion? come on man, this should be stopped..respect each other, wether meera is muslim or not, its her problem, i dont have to interfere, i just hope she is doing her job very well and get appreciated by the indian peoples....
Posted 10 Feb 2005

paki lion says
mr nice guy said:

muje lagta hai yeh jhoot bol rahi hei   

why do u think so? it is possible, dont u think so?
Posted 10 Feb 2005

Ashii says
paki lion said:

SALL said:

hawwwwww..
sahi to kehte hein na
muslims mar gae hein kya

this is so stupid reasons? what do u expect then if u go to india, there are only muslims? u cant say to all those hindus plz play a muslim for one day, can they? and why are we justifying peoples by their religion? come on man, this should be stopped..respect each other, wether meera is muslim or not, its her problem, i dont have to interfere, i just hope she is doing her job very well and get appreciated by the indian peoples....

mujhe behadd herat ho rahi hai dear
k aap iss JOKE ko nahi samjhe

i donno meera ne jo kaha sach hai ya jhoot,, par agar sach hai to fatwa KISS pe hona chaiye,, hindu muslim pe nahi

i still cant beleive u didnt get my point
Posted 10 Feb 2005

STANDARD says
yaar..js has said that he was ready to kiss the bollywood girl..if he might offered to kiss in bollywood..
Posted 10 Feb 2005

sharam nahi aati meera ko .

she is such loser
Posted 11 Feb 2005

meera bas india me rehna chahte hai is liye
Posted 11 Feb 2005

guest. says
os ki life os ki decision
Posted 11 Feb 2005

dotmatrix says
all of u r wrong. she should not be kissing any one. she is a muslim girl. usko maloom ho na chahiye ke hum muslims ki hadh kya hai. chahe ladka ho ya ladki. jitna ho sakay sahi raastey par chalo. koshish karo ka sab sahi ho. ya mat kaho ke aik kaam nahin karte to baki bhi nhain karenge. people come back to ur senses and see what u r doing
Posted 11 Feb 2005

ONLYARBAB says
masla meera ko hay ya hum ko
Posted 11 Feb 2005

MR PERFECT says
lol agree with onlyarbab.
Posted 11 Feb 2005

paki_fan says
good excuse for staying there...

Posted 11 Feb 2005

dotmatrix said:

all of u r wrong. she should not be kissing any one. she is a muslim girl. usko maloom ho na chahiye ke hum muslims ki hadh kya hai. chahe ladka ho ya ladki. jitna ho sakay sahi raastey par chalo. koshish karo ka sab sahi ho. ya mat kaho ke aik kaam nahin karte to baki bhi nhain karenge. people come back to ur senses and see what u r doing

this is rubbish i mean what do u expact from film heroins to wear a burqa while acting what the hell is that why we all r thinking like psycho extremist cummon yaar she is working in movies either indian or paki and u all know ke u have to do these things in movies so there is nothing wrong in that and i was reading paki lion's post and he was absolutely rite.
Posted 11 Feb 2005

paki lion says
thanx charezmatic, i hope other peoples will understand too, dont include religion all the time..
Posted 11 Feb 2005

charizmatic said:

dotmatrix said:

this is rubbish i mean what do u expact from film heroins to wear a burqa while acting what the hell is that why we all r thinking like psycho extremist cummon yaar she is working in movies either indian or paki and u all know ke u have to do these things in movies so there is nothing wrong in that and i was reading paki lion's post and he was absolutely rite.

tumhare baat sahi hai lekin meera jhoot bhi tu bol sakti he ke usey koi tang kar raha hai.... sirf india me rehne ke liye..
Posted 11 Feb 2005

hmm may be
Posted 11 Feb 2005

big question...jisne threat di hai...he knows alot abt indian movies...
Posted 11 Feb 2005

BadShaH1 says
abe yar fazool ki bakwas hey
Posted 11 Feb 2005

Rain Man says
i'm jus waitin for the movie
Posted 11 Feb 2005

khansak says
Posted 11 Feb 2005

yea me too
Posted 12 Feb 2005

movie bhi murder ki tarah hogie
Posted 20 Feb 2005

yeah i know
Posted 21 Feb 2005

SohniKuddi says
dekhein, yeh sach hai ke yeh sab meera ki choice hai... Maghar yeh issue bhi mention kia gaya hai ke religion is mein nahin anaa chahiye... religion is extremely important meera is setting a bad example (and is basically a slap on the face of islam) maghar she is not the first muslim actress to make out with a hindu on screen, i feel that issue here is not about her religion but about her background, the pakistani public feel betrayed by her actions (going to Bollywood) when there is great tension between the 2 states. She could have made the whole story up as kinder way of tellin her fans in pakistan i'm off to a better place and i'm leaving u suckers behind.... Frankly i don't give a steaming pile of poo about what she does, shes a tart (thats the end of that chapter)
Posted 25 Feb 2005

paki lion says
SohniKuddi said:

dekhein, yeh sach hai ke yeh sab meera ki choice hai... Maghar yeh issue bhi mention kia gaya hai ke religion is mein nahin anaa chahiye... religion is extremely important meera is setting a bad example (and is basically a slap on the face of islam) maghar she is not the first muslim actress to make out with a hindu on screen, i feel that issue here is not about her religion but about her background, the pakistani public feel betrayed by her actions (going to Bollywood) when there is great tension between the 2 states. She could have made the whole story up as kinder way of tellin her fans in pakistan i'm off to a better place and i'm leaving u suckers behind.... Frankly i don't give a steaming pile of poo about what she does, shes a tart (thats the end of that chapter)

well thats the different between the majority of pakistani peoples mind and indians mind..now u are saying that we are feeling betrayed that meera, as a pakistani, is going to bollywood, could u plz explain us whats action has meera done that makes us feel betrayed? We forget that not all pakistani peoples are muslims, and not all pakistanis are religous,even if all pakistanis are muslims, who are we to judge? why is it so difficult to lets other peoples free to do what they want? as i have told before, if u dont like it what meera is doing, then dont wacht her film, but she is not causing u harm or to your family, so i dont understand why the hell we are making fuss about it? and whats more, meera is not related with you, so why do u feel ashamed of what she is doing? in pakistan you have college girls and boys shagging each other after school time, in pakistan you have some peoples who trhow bombs on church, in pakistan you have girls who are married at young age, why dont we feel ashamed about this? And if meera wears burqah and pray namaaz 5 times a day does it makes YOU a better muslim? i dont think so! so stop this interfering and juding and bothering..peace out!
Posted 25 Feb 2005

paki lion said:

SohniKuddi said:

well thats the different between the majority of pakistani peoples mind and indians mind..now u are saying that we are feeling betrayed that meera, as a pakistani, is going to bollywood, could u plz explain us whats action has meera done that makes us feel betrayed? We forget that not all pakistani peoples are muslims, and not all pakistanis are religous,even if all pakistanis are muslims, who are we to judge? why is it so difficult to lets other peoples free to do what they want? as i have told before, if u dont like it what meera is doing, then dont wacht her film, but she is not causing u harm or to your family, so i dont understand why the hell we are making fuss about it? and whats more, meera is not related with you, so why do u feel ashamed of what she is doing? in pakistan you have college girls and boys shagging each other after school time, in pakistan you have some peoples who trhow bombs on church, in pakistan you have girls who are married at young age, why dont we feel ashamed about this? And if meera wears burqah and pray namaaz 5 times a day does it makes YOU a better muslim? i dont think so! so stop this interfering and juding and bothering..peace out!

y u bringing religion into it...everyone has their own thought
Posted 25 Feb 2005

STANDARD says
pakistani people are moderate...
matter is not religion..Being a pakistani we can't telarate these kind of scenes..

Watch a Geo channal for these..
Posted 25 Feb 2005

SohniKuddi says
paki lion said:

SohniKuddi said:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH thats some tension in that post i'm feeling quite scared now. strong views goin round eh? got of the rong end of ur bed today?
Posted 25 Feb 2005

SohniKuddi says
shahrukh khan said:

paki lion said:

SohniKuddi said:

y u bringing religion into it...everyone has their own thought

That is true.. I don't think religion has anything to do with it, it is only used to make excuses
Posted 25 Feb 2005

Reply to Topic