Sweet Goodbye - But HELLO new Mr!!!

2400 views 42 replies
Reply to Topic
Blue Oasis

Total Posts: 1903

I really couldn't decide where to put this message, I thought about FoS but then again this is a relationship issue...

My fiancé and me decided to break our engagement today. It was a decision we’ve both been thinking about for the past three and a half months, and well, today we made our choice. After a year together as an engaged couple, we both realised we weren’t right for each other. I think we were both looking for the right excuse to take the step, and today when he cancelled our date, I took that step.

I won’t lie and say it didn’t hurt when I took the ring off to return to him, but I rather he admit now that he doesn’t love me instead of years later in a divorce court. We haven’t broken the news to our friends and family yet, but I know it’s something they were expecting sooner or later. Our families are friends but both agreed that this rishta was a bad match.

Personally I don’t want to listen to the “we told you so” right now, I’m not up for it. Besides sometimes it’s easier to tell these things to a computer screen and know people who don’t know me personally will be the ones reading.

It was a sweet goodbye, we hugged, kissed and smiled, all very mature and friendly, but I felt almost sad knowing that after this I won’t have the right to touch him anymore. Me and Kazmi have the same social circles and classes so I will be seeing him almost every day, but I have to be strong about it, it is after all for the best. I know we will always be friends and that sounds corny but it’s true, we still like each other a lot, but as husband and wife, it won’t work.

Maybe if we had just dated as boyfriend/girlfriend longer, we would have figured this out, but on my last – last birthday he was feeling too romantic and proposed.

*sighs* it feels good to let that all off my chest, I'm not expecting any replies or anything, I just needed a place to free my mind of all these mixed emotions.
Posted 27 Feb 2005

Bazigaar says
well, congratulations...

i said congratulations cuz it's good k u guys realized it before marriage k it was not the right match...rather then after marriage...

so good luck to u in u;r coming life, and good luck to him too in his life...hopefully both of u will find suitable partners

***is that date thingie offer still valid?    lol...j/k...
Posted 27 Feb 2005

Blue Oasis says

Thanks Bazi, inshallah we will get hooked with the right people, at least I know now not to rush into anything.

* lol yeah why not? next time you're in London look me up . but alas how will I recognise you? tasweer (1 to 6)sai baathay nahi
Posted 27 Feb 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

Thanks Bazi, inshallah we will get hooked with the right people, at least I know now not to rush into anything.

* lol yeah why not? next time you're in London look me up . but alas how will I recognise you? tasweer (1 to 6)sai baathay nahi

yup yup...all u can do is hope for best, hopefully u learned alot from this experience...which will help u next time

i'll probably never be in london again, but then again...even if i was...u never liked none of those 6 guys to begin with..so i am outta luck (as usual)
Posted 27 Feb 2005

Blue Oasis says
Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

yup yup...all u can do is hope for best, hopefully u learned alot from this experience...which will help u next time

i'll probably never be in london again, but then again...even if i was...u never liked none of those 6 guys to begin with..so i am outta luck (as usual)

lol fine when I'm in your country then. when I did say I didn't like any of them?
Posted 27 Feb 2005

srk rocks says
Posted 27 Feb 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

lol fine when I'm in your country then. when I did say I didn't like any of them?

chain khuli ke main khuli, main khuli ke chain khuli
chain khuli ke main khuli ki chain
dil ka panchhi kare dhamaal, pinjere mein na isko daal
lar jaane de larte hai jo nain
mauj manaaye, dhoom machaaye, masti mein kaatein din rain
ho ho, ho ho ho ho, ho ho, ho ho ho ho, ho ho, ho ho ho ho
ho ho, ho ho ho ho, ho ho, ho ho ho ho, ho ho, ho ho ho ho

lol...i doubt u ever plan to visit israel    

kher...how r things going now? did u tell u'r family n friends? what do they say bout it? all is good na?
Posted 28 Feb 2005

Blue Oasis says
lol i never thought i would get congrats for breaking my engagement - furthermore be happy about recieving them!

uhm yeah I haven't told my family yet, my best friend knows and I hear that Kazmi has told his parents. So I will have to tell my mum today before she hears it from gossiping realtives and neighbours.

eeeek i'm not looking forward to it at all

me and him had actually agreed not to tell anyone for atleast a week, it will be interesting to know why he backed down on his word
Posted 28 Feb 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

lol i never thought i would get congrats for breaking my engagement - furthermore be happy about recieving them!

hey i gave u my reasons for my congrats...cuz it was bext for u that it happened now then in future after u had married...so yeah...no worries...
Posted 28 Feb 2005

Blue Oasis says
yeah no worries hun, i'm happy, but just a little overwhelmed
Posted 28 Feb 2005

Bazigaar says
overwhelmed eh? lol..ok no more congrats for u...
Posted 01 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
hehe gee thanks
Posted 01 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
phir se thanx
Posted 01 Mar 2005

Posted 01 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
had ho gye
Posted 01 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
MEN MOVE FAST

I wasn't planning on getting into a serious relationship for at least 6-8 months, because although it was my choice, I thought I would still need time to get over him.

But him, he's agreed to have an arranged marriage to his cousin in Pakistan. They're marrying early summer.

I guess it shows how much I misjugded him, I didn't think he would marry a girl he's never meet or one who know's nothing about the culture he's grown up in, let alone is uneducated.

My inner sources tell me that he was under a lot of pressure to do the rishta thing his parent's way after his own way failed. *shrugs*
Posted 02 Mar 2005

yeah, well.. kuch batein aisi hoti hain jo.. i dunno... It's actually good kyun kay aap ko pehlay pata chal gia kay u weren't right for each other. Aap ko kia pata, is dunya mein wo log bhi hain jo pyar ker kay "sweet goodbye" bhi kehtay hain...
Posted 02 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
Posted 04 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
kyon kisliyah?
Posted 06 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
no way - wo gusa kartha hai -   
Posted 06 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
King of jb said:

12 baj gai bazi kay

why u jealous tumharay nahi bajaay sawa aath bajay bara bajana bhi kisi kisi ka kaam hae
Posted 06 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

tum kon ho? kahan se aye ho? tum ko pehlay kahen dekha hae
Posted 06 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

Mujay dekhain ga sirf naseebo valey
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

becharay naseeb walay
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
King of jb said:

dakha poochna he nahi pera or ans day diya

you're right!
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

Bazigaar said:

Jia_ka_chand said:

becharay naseeb walay

and you are sooooo wrong
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
uhm okay so I changed the name of the topic mainly to accomodate the new man in my life. I've known him for a few months and on Sunday we went out for coffee where he told me he fancied me.

Everything was fine until I found out that he's Indian....okay however modern my family is they are never going to allow that, even if he's not Hindu.

O god, sitting oppostite him I actually thought my relationship problems were over, but now I don't know what to do. Me and my friends are meeting up today to talk about it, but whatever happens, I really want this to work out between me and him.
Posted 08 Mar 2005

firelily says
u should tell ur family
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Bazigaar says
Jia_ka_chand said:

uhm okay so I changed the name of the topic mainly to accomodate the new man in my life. I've known him for a few months and on Sunday we went out for coffee where he told me he fancied me.

Everything was fine until I found out that he's Indian....okay however modern my family is they are never going to allow that, even if he's not Hindu.

O god, sitting oppostite him I actually thought my relationship problems were over, but now I don't know what to do. Me and my friends are meeting up today to talk about it, but whatever happens, I really want this to work out between me and him.

lol....and then u say guys move fast
Posted 08 Mar 2005

Blue Oasis says
oh whatever! he took the first step into a new relationship, so why should I sit home and be gloomy? besides I've known my date for months now and he's never meet the girl he's gonna marry! What I'm doing isn't moving fast bazi it's "moving on"
Posted 08 Mar 2005

acha jee

bas lagi raho

Posted 08 Mar 2005

Reply to Topic