KTSK box office in UK

4061 views 85 replies
Reply to Topic
yoyo

Total Posts: 986

well the film is no different to larki punjaban at the box office and its doing terrible.
It is at 25 in its first week and has only collected 10 lacks with a screen average of just £1,020.

25 Koi Tujh Sa Kahan PAK £10,195 Bollywood Films 1 £1,020 10 £10,195

http://www.ukfilmcouncil.org.uk/statistics/boxoffice/?p=D4A1 5778144a118BD0IqQ1F7FD3C&skip=
Posted 31 Aug 2005

MR NICE says
Well yoyo Larki Punjaban only collected £4,000 from 16 Cinemas. Its done much better then that. Well we are ourselves are to be blamed for not supporting our own films.

Even the Rising only had a screen average of 3,000.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

lagta hai uk main koi paki movies nahi dekhta;;;tabhi yehi haal hai
Posted 31 Aug 2005

MR NICE says
Shahrukh yeah baat nahi hai. When a Pakistani film only comes here once every 2 years then what do expect. Do you have any idea when the next Pakistani is going to released in Cinemas in the UK ?. We need atleast 1 film to released here every month and then you watch the interest.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

Honeynrrn says
People r just terrible then...i mean Paki...they r always whinning n complaning about bad Pakistani movies now if someone has done a good work....a worthy to be appreciated work...people r not watching.Its a human nature....critisizing things without analizing...now i am saying it to thoes who do complain.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

yoyo says
well you cant compare with rising as that opened on 73 prints, so £3,017 is superb on 73 prints.

but this film has only released on 10 prints and should have done atleast had a screen average of £4,000, but its very low.

the only thing we can hope for now is that it has a long run.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

yoyo says
Honeynrrn said:

People r just terrible then...i mean Paki...they r always whinning n complaning about bad Pakistani movies now if someone has done a good work....a worthy to be appreciated work...people r not watching.Its a human nature....critisizing things without analizing.

well the same thing use to happen to indians movies when they first released here.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

MR NICE says
Even no entry released with 34 prints had an average of £2600.

Alright yoyo tell then whats wrong.
Posted 31 Aug 2005

whkhan says
Honeynrrn said:

People r just terrible then...i mean Paki...they r always whinning n complaning about bad Pakistani movies now if someone has done a good work....a worthy to be appreciated work...people r not watching.Its a human nature....critisizing things without analizing...now i am saying it to thoes who do complain.

You are absolutely right HONEYNRRN !
Posted 01 Sep 2005

MR NICE says
Well want to see KTSK tonight and I was more then surprised by the size of the crowd. Except for the front 2 or 3 rows the rest of the hall was nearly full.
I saw the film at UCI Trafford Centre Manchester.
Posted 01 Sep 2005

paki lion says
Honeynrrn said:

You cant blame the UK Paki for not watching Koi Tujhse Kahan. I tell u why: I have a friend living in UK, I asked them are u gonna watch KTSK? He replied: no way! I saw the promotion on B4utv, the color still sucks, I dont think the screen print is excellent so i am not gonna watch it!

So u cant blame the UK Pakistanis. I have already said it earlier on other topic, i saw a very clear difference between Reema's film and bollywood movies, the print is not that excellent..

Posted 01 Sep 2005

MR NICE says
Look Paki lion I saw the film the again yesterday and I can tell there is just a slight difference between the print of KTSK and No Entry which I have also seen.

All this thing regarding the print quality is just rubbish. It's just an excuse for not watching the film.

Well I was glad that atleast yesterday the Cinema hall was nearly full and people enjoyed the movie.

Tell your mate give the film atleast give the a try atleast once.
Posted 01 Sep 2005

yoyo says
did you like the film
Posted 01 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
im glad that film has started getting response.all we have to do is to support fully our films.pata nahi bechari Reema ne kitne mushkeloon say uk main film release ki ho gi.its not easy 4 pak film industry to release film oversease.even Ajab gull couldnt release his film.if uk pakistani support this film than other directors will also try to release mubasher lucman sangeeta shehzad rafique etc.tab ye sisila chal nikle ga.ive heard that Reward n punishment also gonna release oversease.
Posted 01 Sep 2005

whkhan says
MR NICE said:

Look Paki lion I saw the film the again yesterday and I can tell there is just a slight difference between the print of KTSK and No Entry which I have also seen.

All this thing regarding the print quality is just rubbish. It's just an excuse for not watching the film.

Well I was glad that atleast yesterday the Cinema hall was nearly full and people enjoyed the movie.

Tell your mate give the film atleast give the a try atleast once.

Agree with you MR NICE bro the print is first class !
Some people are just full of excusses !
I am realy pleased that more people are watching the movie now !
Posted 01 Sep 2005

MR NICE says
Yoyo film achi thee but I am not saying it is anything extra ordinary but still much better then YDAKH.

Production wise and technically film was very good. Nice choice of locations and not just the outdoor but also the indoor. Things like makeup, dress wardrobe, hairstlying wre all done tastefully. Photography was also great.

For me the music was the highlight of the film. We are really going to miss the great Amjad Bobby. The songs were well picturised.

Getting to the story of the film the half was fine with the introduction of the characters. The second half in which the real story stars and so does the suspense. I feel some of the emotions scenes do drag a bit in the second half and ending wasn't great.

Still overall a good effort by Reema considering it is her first film.

Looking at all the major Urdu films to come out in the last few years without doubt techically and production wise the improvement is visable. Music generally has been good.

The one area we need to improve greatly is in scripting.
Posted 01 Sep 2005

Straight says
agree with Mr. NICE....i read in an urdu newspaper today dat the moving is now doing better than The Rising and NO Entry in UK....and large crowds r watching the movie now...iz dat true????
MR NICE said:

Yoyo film achi thee but I am not saying it is anything extra ordinary but still much better then YDAKH.

Production wise and technically film was very good. Nice choice of locations and not just the outdoor but also the indoor. Things like makeup, dress wardrobe, hairstlying wre all done tastefully. Photography was also great.

For me the music was the highlight of the film. We are really going to miss the great Amjad Bobby. The songs were well picturised.

Getting to the story of the film the half was fine with the introduction of the characters. The second half in which the real story stars and so does the suspense. I feel some of the emotions scenes do drag a bit in the second half and ending wasn't great.

Still overall a good effort by Reema considering it is her first film.

Looking at all the major Urdu films to come out in the last few years without doubt techically and production wise the improvement is visable. Music generally has been good.

The one area we need to improve greatly is in scripting.

Posted 02 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
if it is true than it is a great news.but Geo must tell it.
Posted 02 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
Mr nice do u want to say that script of ktsk is weak
Posted 02 Sep 2005

yoyo says
it cant do better then no entry or the rising, its wayy behind them, but maybe a long run can save it.
Posted 02 Sep 2005

Straight says
lets hope dat it have a long run ....!!!
Posted 02 Sep 2005

well one thing i wana mention is that the film promos r not from the final copy of the print the final print which is in theaters is far more better so dont give ur comments by watching the promos earlier rauf khalid's laaj was looked pathetic print wise in promos but when i watched in theater the print and sound was outstanding so for GOD sake dont judge the movie by promos.
Posted 02 Sep 2005

MR NICE says
Agree with you Charizmatic and it is not just Laaj. The same thing even happended with Larki Punjaban. Initally some of the songs and the promos get processed in Pakistan but when you see the final print on the big screen its completely different.
Posted 03 Sep 2005

MR NICE says
Well Golimoro2 Geo in fact in their entertainment section have said that Reema's film is doing well at the box office in the UK. They even interviewed couple of people and one of them said they will love to see a new Pakistani film every day. The other person said the film was great with good music and story but did we have to use Indian singers. The Indian themselves are using our singers.

Valid point made by the second person.

It does not matter what Geo has said but the fact is that the business of the film in UK has not been great.
Posted 03 Sep 2005

Straight says
yeah...but its has got better now...!!
Posted 03 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
so Geo tv is lying
Posted 03 Sep 2005

yoyo says
well geo and the jang have the contract for the film they have been lying since the the film released, they even said its broken the 57 year record of pakistan .

if its got better or gone worse that will be decided when the second weeks figures are released next week.
Posted 03 Sep 2005

yoyo says
KOI TUJH SA KAHAAN OPENS IN UK!
Lollywood movie tries to attract British…

The much-awaited Pakistani film ‘Koi Tujh Sa Kahan’ failed to create a huge impact at the British box office. The directorial debut of popular Lollywood actress Reema, the family film collected £10,195 during its first weekend of release. It debuted at number 25 in the UK box office charts.

WRITTEN BY ROBEEL HAQ

Posted 03 Sep 2005

yoyo says
LATEST NEWS

the film is a wash out in the UK, it has allready been taken off most cinemas after 1 week.
Now reema must have suffered big loses from this film.
Posted 03 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
wahan ka to nahi pata but film is here in pakistan a hit thats not a lie.a super hit film
Posted 03 Sep 2005

hit in pak...good
Posted 04 Sep 2005

Reply to Topic