What is the stockless anchor

315 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
pinkledstone

Total Posts: 0

The factors that should be considered for choosing the marine anchor include easy operation, convenient to store and economic application. The most important factor is the anchor grip. The anchor grip is different because of the anchor type and the submarine soil.
Stockless anchor is also known as the hall’s anchor and the generally adopted stockless anchors for merchant ship are the Hall anchor and Spek anchor. The anchor fluke and anchor rod can rotate at a certain angle and is a stockless type. The holding power to weight ratio is 2.5 to 4 and the maximum is up to 8. The anchor has a simple structure, throwing anchor operation and storage conveniently, so it is suitable for the bow anchor with the widest applications. But it also has the disadvantage of a small anchor grip. The Hall anchor is the earliest used type and the Spek anchor is an improved type of Hall anchor, which has the advantage that its anchor fluke can be naturally upward.
Posted 27 May 2022

minion12 says
Very nice and useful website for me. I have gathered a lot of valuable information for myself.
poppy playtime
Posted 30 May 2022

Reply to Topic