Majajan - Simply a Classic

9134 views 103 replies
Reply to Topic
Straight

Total Posts: 434

many of you people will be surprised by Majajan being declared as a classis...but it actually is a classic in Punjabi movies....a semi art movie with a brilliant direction, excellent music, mind blowing locations and dresses and remarkable actings, This is wot majajan is all about.
I saw it on the very first day of its release...n at the end ...i was like...WoW finally they have learnt how to make MOVIES!!...yeah this is the only effort that can be called a "movie" when you talk about punjabi film industry...an unexpected huge hit...and surely it deserves to be..
movie touches a very sensitive issue of our society...i m not gonna tell you guys about the storyline so that suspense is still there..all i wud say just go n watch it... you wont regret...
before watching the movie i got to hear some rumours like its a rip off of devdas story and shan is gonna copy shahrukh blah blah....but all this was crap...
shan has looked far cuter and bigger actor than shahrukh in the movie...hes once again proven that no one can act like him...from movies like hamayun gujjar, sangam, ghar kab aao gay, teray pyar main, commando to majajan he has come up with his unique verstality and superb dialogue delivery and acting....
meray khayal main shaan aur saima nay apni life time acting kee hay aur uss par dialogues were simply classic..koee b indian actor in donon kay callibre ko nahin pohonch sakta....yeah baat app sab likh lain...
take care
9/10 for the movie
Posted 27 Mar 2006

STANDARD says
ok..thanks..bohat tareefain ho rahey hein
it was expected..
may be 'chorian' ki tarah hi ho jaey..
Posted 27 Mar 2006

sounds gr8
Posted 27 Mar 2006

MR NICE says
I am happy that you have liked it Straight. The film has got very positive reports in the press and has been declared a massive hit.

The film is much better then Choorian.
Posted 27 Mar 2006

yoyo says
straigh can you please reveal abit of the story.
Posted 27 Mar 2006

now you r gonna compare
Posted 27 Mar 2006

STANDARD says
it's story of syed family ..different subject
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Straight says
well....luv (rather i wud call it ishq) between a Syed Zada and a Marasan has been shown. For the first time in Pakistan i have seen real luv being picturized and directed so well...cant be compared with choorian...choorian was a typical commercial effort by Syed Noor....its kinda semi art movie....although there is some bloodshed in it....but still...u cant call it a commercial movie.....you better watch it yourself
Posted 28 Mar 2006

well noor shud have dubbed the film in urdu as well it cud increase the market and business as well and it cud be a gr8 news for people like me who cudn't understand punjabi that well
Posted 28 Mar 2006

paki lion says
Straight said:

...hes once again proven that no one can act like him...from movies like hamayun gujjar, sangam, ghar kab aao gay, teray pyar main, commando

Then who liked his acting in these movies? I DIDN'T coz its same kind of acting nothing new... and u cant compare shaan wid shah rukh as shah rukh khan is much better actor then Shaan (and thats my opinion, so dont attack me)
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Straight says
lol...i didnt say that shan is better....poori film industry and audience are sayin that....waisay we respect your opinion...donon ka apna apna style hay..all i said was k shan looked far better in majajan than shahrukh of devdas
Posted 29 Mar 2006

STANDARD says
why compare to devdas of shahrukh with this film of shan ...any similarity..
aur baat mein huma press indian movies say koen milata hai..kio complex hay humray press ko..
stupid paki press.
Posted 29 Mar 2006

well there is no comparison between shan and srk both r different actors wid different styles but one thing i wana mention is that if u want see how talented shan as an actor is then jus wait for shoaib mansoo'rs Khuda ke liay then ill tell how better shan is when it comes to acting.
Posted 29 Mar 2006

Straight says
charizmatic said:

well there is no comparison between shan and srk both r different actors wid different styles but one thing i wana mention is that if u want see how talented shan as an actor is then jus wait for shoaib mansoo'rs Khuda ke liay then ill tell how better shan is when it comes to acting.

no need to wait dude..go watch Majajan...you will see the difference....he has shown how talented he is..no question mark about his greatness
Posted 29 Mar 2006

MR NICE says
Posted 29 Mar 2006

yoyo says
^^^^^

please translate for ppl who cant read urdu/.
Posted 29 Mar 2006

how do u watch a urdu movie then?
Posted 29 Mar 2006

yoyo says
by listening
Posted 30 Mar 2006

you dont understand urdu
Posted 30 Mar 2006

i meant you dont understand urdu..how do you watch movies then?
Posted 30 Mar 2006

MR NICE says
Here is the translation.

Great Story, Dialogues, Music and Photography the Hallmarks Of Majajan.

With Gujjar and Badmash type films ruling the roost a film like Majajan is a breath of fresh air.

Only films like Majajan can take the film industry forward. Majajan story is different from the norm.

Right at the start Shaan is shown as married to Madiha Shah but this marriage is a comprimise between two families. Both Shaan and Madiha Shah now this.

To make things more interesting the writer has included a murder in the proceedings but this really was not needed.

The film takes a huge turn with the introduction Saima in the film. Saima comes to the village and is shown as a marasan (singer) and our hero falls in love at first sight.

On the other hand Madiha's brother wants to avenge a murder. Of who I have no idea because it does not say. Only STRAIGHT can inform us.

Shaan's father who has always protected his child in every situation this time stays on the sidelines after finding out about his son's feelings for Saima.

He orders Saima to leave the village which she does. Even after Saima leaves the village Shaan cannot forget her. He is deeply in love with her.

After this the film shows how Shaan fights society and everyone else to obtain his love.

I won't tell you the ending.

Ruksana Noor has written the script but dialogues and screenplay are from Syed Noor.

The Sufiyana life style has been shown and at the end the film has been inspired by Bulley Shah's life.

Music by Zulifiqar Ali is good.

Whenever Shaan has been given an opportunity to act outside the gujjar and badmash films he has proved that what a wonderful actor he is.

Its not Shaan's wish that he wanted to become the next Sultan Rahi but its the wishes of the producers.

One sees the real Shaan in Majajan. The Shaan which viewers saw in Saqib Malik's video Khamaj.

The photography is also very good.

Not a complete review but this is the translation.
Posted 30 Mar 2006

paki lion says
well i saw a piece of this film, i am not that impressed coz there are some parts of films wich is typical seen in most gujjar/badmaash type movies, like dialogue delivery, acting like a robots, always looking angry...too bad again..
Posted 30 Mar 2006

yoyo says
i am watching this film, next week
Posted 30 Mar 2006

yoyo says
paki lion said:

well i saw a piece of this film, i am not that impressed coz there are some parts of films wich is typical seen in most gujjar/badmaash type movies, like dialogue delivery, acting like a robots, always looking angry...too bad again..

dude, they have to be relistic, as it has said the film is inspired by bulleh shahs life, and all that happened at those times.
Posted 30 Mar 2006

Straight says
yoyo said:

i am watching this film, next week

how cum yoyo?
Posted 30 Mar 2006

i see shaan in every gujjar movie now..
Posted 30 Mar 2006

music is good
Posted 30 Mar 2006

super hit movie
Posted 30 Mar 2006

Bitoo says
mari movie main kon kaaam karay ga

jeldeeeee batao jeldee batao
Posted 30 Mar 2006

paki lion said:

agree wid u paki lion.
Posted 30 Mar 2006

paki lion says
shahrukh khan said:

super hit movie

how do u know? i noticed whenever a movie with good quality is made, u already start talking about superhit movie...

u have to forget the box office status, just look at the concept of the movie..thats the most important thing..
Posted 30 Mar 2006

Reply to Topic