How do I hide my footprints on the Internet?

347 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
Zastavka

Total Posts: 0

How do I hide my footprints on the Internet? Somebody can advise me on how to get rid of digital traces on the Internet, as well as on basic measures to protect private data.
Posted 20 Jan 2023

Nandroid says
 Against the backdrop of the Facebook data leak scandal, people have begun to realize how much information about themselves we disclose to online resources. Some information we give away consciously, but this is not always the case. We involuntarily leave data about sites we've been to, and advertising networks use it for more accurate targeting. Sometimes it's helpful, but more often it's unpleasant and intrusive. On the other hand, there are many ways to increase the privacy of your information on the Internet. But the most basic and quite simple is the use of VPN services. For example, personally, I always check the information on www.hostingscams.com . VPN allows you not only to encrypt your Internet traffic, it also hides your activity from unauthorized sites and eyes, as well as from your Internet provider, and allows you to remain invisible. So use it anytime, anywhere. 
Posted 20 Jan 2023

lev says
All popular browsers have a mode where the history of visited sites is not saved. In some moments it is really useful. But it is not suitable for long-term use. Chances are you want some things the browser remembers: for example, you don't want to have to enter your password every time you log into Facebook. Incognito mode does not provide that option. 
Posted 21 Jan 2023

Reply to Topic