~`Offical Himesh Reshammiya Topic`~

8974 views 139 replies
Reply to Topic
~`Just_Me`~

Total Posts: 233

Welcome to Himesh the "lolly pop" Topic lol

Talk about this Hottie, his music, singing and acting.

I luv Himesh so much n I know everything about him so feel free to ask anything.
Posted 17 Jul 2007

why did he start singing?
Posted 17 Jul 2007

well dah cos of me lol well he just randomly sang for apan and people just went crazy over it n then he sang for askar n people still luved him so then he started working on his ablum "aap ka suroor"
Posted 17 Jul 2007

you know when people just luv sumthing they support it until the end.
Posted 17 Jul 2007

hehe!

hey wow!

sonia.. u've done something that i wanted to do for a long time

Well.. THIS IS HIMESH'S FAN CLUB!

SK.. stay outtt

Posted 17 Jul 2007

he is good at music..not singing
Posted 17 Jul 2007

he is da best
he rocks 24/7 no?
he is just one fit dudeeeeeeeee
Posted 17 Jul 2007

**sensational** said:

he is da best
he rocks 24/7 no?
he is just one fit dudeeeeeeeee

wow!.. anotha big fan of himesh..
Posted 17 Jul 2007

shahrukh khan said:

he is good at music..not singing

SK
Posted 17 Jul 2007

saara gussa tu ganay par nikal raha hota hai
Posted 17 Jul 2007

Welcome to my lollypop topic **sensational**.

Okay now lets talk about our fav songs of Himesh?
Posted 17 Jul 2007

mmja says
hamesha ager gana chor day to boht acha insaan hai
music acha,singing bad,actor ok,personality    
Posted 17 Jul 2007

Well for me I luved the way he sang "apna" , "aap ki kashish", "yeh tere mere mila" (plus he looked hot in it) ,"lagi lagi" (from askar), "tere suroor" (from aap ka suroor the ablum) , "mehbooba mehbooba" (he looked yummy in the video especially when he goes "ayyye" "Tu yaad na aye" (he sang really well, his impressions just kills) "Naam hai tere tere" (nice remix video) all the songs from Namasate london rox ( I luv the song "door jaiyo na" ) Title song from good boy bad boy

Okay I have to go now, l'll do the rest later lol plus luved his music in "Tere Naam"
Posted 17 Jul 2007

mmja said:

hamesha ager gana chor day to boht acha insaan hai
music acha,singing bad,actor ok,personality    

what's wrong with his personality?
Posted 17 Jul 2007

mmja says
hair jo kam hotay ja rahay hein,always phati hoye cap,wadi hoye shev ke faida pesa kaman da jado kam na aye,
kurio o sona kithon lagda hai?
Posted 17 Jul 2007

Lolz ur trying to say that he doesn't have hair? lol nah ur wrong, u know why he wears a cap well for ur information its lucky for him, he sang his first song with a cap n it become a hit, he said that in saragama 2006.
Posted 18 Jul 2007

mmja says
oye sachi mein ve cap pa kay gana gawanga.lakin cap kabhi kabhi phati hoye kyion hoti hai kyia uska bhi koi reason hai ya paison ka masla hai
mughay woh burkay mein bara acha laga tha
ashiq banyia apnay,ton yaad na aye,namastay london kay ganay phir bhi awaz pau chal gaye

or yeh bhi information hai kay maslsal cap ki wajah say uskay bal kamzor hotay ja rahay hein
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Passion Week

Who says he doesn’t smile or take off his cap? Himesh Reshammiya puts to rest all myths with Aap Kaa Surroor

Suruchi Mazumdar

How often do you smile in real life?
Like everyone else, I smile and laugh too, though I’m seldom seen in a light-hearted mood. Now finally, my audience will see me smiling in Aap Kaa Surroor. When they watch the film, they’ll know why I look so passionate and serious in my music videos.

Do you take off your cap in the movie?
I’ll be seen without a cap in the final 10 minutes of the film. That sequence will mark the beginning of the sequel we plan to make if Aap Kaa is a hit. I make a fashion statement by wearing the cap. And now it has also become a lucky charm for me. In Aap Kaa I’ll be wearing a designer cap.

How did you prepare yourself as a hero for Aap Kaa Surroor?
I lost 12 kilos to look stylish. Designer Rupa Chaddha has come up with a great collection of costumes for me in the film. I’m also sporting a beard that adds to my looks.

Is Mallika Sherawat doing just the Mehbooba item number in the film?
Mallika has a full-fledged 30-minute role in the film. She plays a negative character. I also want to clarify that she has not charged Rs 1.5 crore for doing my film.

How do you react to criticisms that you are a nasal singer?
One tends to sound a little nasal while singing on a high pitch. I tried defending myself all of last year but now I’ve given up. I’m okay if certain people think I’m a nasal singer. I would rather ignore them and work harder to come up with more hit songs. exactly ignore em...u keep on rockin himesh!   

Recently Madhuri Dixit said on a TV show that Jhalak Dikhlaja is the favourite song of her entire family. How do you react to it?
Madhuri Dixit is a legend. I can only thank her for the comment. I was also extremely honoured when Kareena Kapoor recently said that she wanted to watch the first day-first show of my film. awwwwwww!!

What kind of roles do you want to play in future?
Kishore Kumar, who was successful both as actor and singer, is my idol. But while he excelled in comedy, I am more comfortable in passionate roles. I’ve already been approached for other films, but it all depends on Aap Kaa’s BO performance.black
Posted 18 Jul 2007

The film has been surrounded by quite a few controversies.

Yes. People pointed fingers at the fact that Hansika, the heroine of the film, is just 16. But so was Dimple Kapadia, when she made her debut in Bobby.

Also, many eyebrows were raised when it was published that Mallika Sherawat was paid Rs one and half crores for a 10-minute appearance. But let me clarify that she has a full-fledged negative role in the film.

Amidst all this, Ashaji (Bhosle) wanted to slap me about the R D Burman controversy but I apologised her and also persuaded her to sing a duet with me in the film by gaining proper rights of the Mehbooba song.

There's a mystery behind my cap or why girls always leave me in my music videos. People will get to know the reason behind that in my film.

We had shot two endings of the film, one sad and the other, happy. But after much debate, we zeroed in on one ending.
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Bollywood wishes Himesh good luck

By Subhash K. Jha, Mumbai, June 28: Bollywood's celebrated singer Himesh Reshammiya makes his acting debut Friday with "Aap Ka Surroor". The industry wishes him good luck ahead of the film's release:

Riteish Deshmukh: 'I'm a big Himesh fan. I've already booked the tickets for my friends and me for his film. I'm really looking forward to his film. I wish him all the best."

Vipul Shah: "For Himesh to be accepted as an actor, is a big challenge. But I also know Himesh has risen from the ranks and so he knows what it takes to be successful. He's a clever man and a canny musician. I'm sure he has covered all bases before becoming an actor. I wish him all luck."

Suniel Shetty: " 'Aap Ka Surroor' is going to be a massive hit ... a blockbuster. Nothing can stop Himesh. His critics can say that he sings through his ear, nose or throat but it makes no difference. Audiences adore him. I've seen how they react to Himesh abroad.

"The man is a phenomenon and everyone is just waiting to watch him on screen. Himesh will be a big success as an actor. He's hardworking and he has an attitude, a deadly combination. I'm a big big fan of him and I wish him all the best."

Javed Akhtar: "My best wishes are with him."

Kangana Ranaut: "Though I haven't seen him as an actor, I've seen what he can do as a singer and a composer. Himesh is a rock star. I want him to be the first successful singer turned actor since Kishore Kumar."

Vikram Bhatt: "The film's music is very good. The publicity is fantastic. It will begin very well and that's half the battle won. As an actor it's premature to comment on Himesh. It will all depend on how his ability as a musician is showcased. I believe he plays a musician. That's home turf for Himesh, hence not tough at all."

Suneel Darshan: "Looking at the fantastic advance booking for 'Aap Ka Surroor'. At the single-screen theatres, the film appears to have succeeded in the first round. Himesh's film comes on the same Friday as a huge multi-starrer ('Apne') and a branded product of a media favourite (Emraan Hashmi's 'Awarapan'). Himesh's extraordinary advance booking is an eye-opener."

Pritam Chakraborty: "I sincerely wish him all the best. I hope his film does well because he has worked really hard on it. Though it may not open that well in the multiplexes, it will definitely get a roaring opening in the single screens.

"But my prayers are with 'Awarapan', which opens with Himesh's film. Not only because I'm associated with it, but also because director Mohit Suri has done a fantastic job."

Posted 18 Jul 2007

AKS: Only for Himesh fans

Syed Firdaus Ashraf

June 29, 2007 16:17 IST

Aa aa acting mein teri,
Jaan jaan jayengi jaan meri.

Aa aa acting mein teri,
Jaan jaan jayengi jaan meri.

The rephrased lines from 36 China Town best describes Himesh Reshammiya's acting debut, Aap Kaa Surroor: The Moviee: The Real Luv Story.

Himesh's acting and the film's story is quite weak. Yet, AKS will work very well for audiences. Despite the film's shortcomings, it will not bore you.

Director Prashant Chadha has managed to balance the songs with the story, and also capture Germany beautifully.

Himesh plays a rockstar in the film, who arrives in Germany for a concert. A chance meeting with Riaa Bakshi (Hansika Motwani [Images]), who is his event manager in Germany, results in love at first sight. There's no background to HR's life -- there's no reason why he fell in love with Riaa or why he was single all the while before he met Riaa.

To play spoilsport in their love story comes Ruby James (Mallika Sherawat who has also fallen for Himesh. But of course, he's not interested in her.

The story goes that a television reporter is murdered in Himesh's room, and he gets arrested. Now, he has to prove his innocence to the world and to Riaa's father (Sachin Khedekar). If he cannot, Riaa will be married off to someone else.

The story is very ordinary. What saves it is the music. All the songs have been well-placed in the film, so that you never lose interest.

Hansika Motwani does not impress. Her emotions are restricted to excessive smiling or crying.

Himesh's sidekick Shravan does good work.

More screen time for Mallika would have made the film better. She rocks in Sholay's Mehbooba song.

Himesh is too stiff and needs to loosen up if he wants to continue acting. He has a good screen presence, but at times, looks too conscious in front of the camera.

Anyway, like Himesh promised in his interview, the reason for him not smiling is revealed in the course of the film.

If you are a Himesh fan, Aap Kaa Suroor is a must-watch. If not, avoid.

Posted 18 Jul 2007

B.O. update: 'Aap Kaa Surroor' Opens huge

By Taran Adarsh, June 29, 2007 - 18:46 IST

Box-office is most unpredictable! The stupendous opening of Himesh Reshammiya’s first film as an actor, AAP KAA SURROOR, has caught the entire film industry unaware. The film has opened to an earth-shattering response [95%-100%] everywhere, from East to West, from North to South. In fact, at several centres, the opening of this film is at par with KRRISH and DHOOM 2, the biggest openers of 2006. Incredible, isn’t it?
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Aap Kaa Surroor : Movie Review

29th June 2007 20.13 IST
By Aparajita Ghosh

Fans of singer-composer Himesh Reshammiya will be quite pleased with his debut film as an actor – Aap Ka Suroor : The Moviee: The Real Luv Story’.

The movie, directed by Himesh’s longtime friend Prashant Chaddha, is not based on Reshammiya’s life. It is a fiction story that anyway answers some FAQs about the singer-musician.

In his acting debut, Himesh is too uptight before the camera. For the most part he wears a brooding look that has by now become quite typical of him. And the emotions that he expresses in the film are those of sadness, pain, anguish, helplessness and anger. In fact, after some time the movie begins to look like a vanity collage of Himesh Reshammiya.

‘Aap Ka Surroor’ tells the story of HR (Himesh), a rock star on a musical tour in Germany. He falls in love at first sight with Riaa ( Hansika Motwani ), the event manager of his concert.

On the other hand, there is Ruby ( Mallika Sherawat ), the partner of the organizer of the concert. Ruby is in love with HR. But he doesn’t reciprocate her feelings. He loves Riaa.

HR’s troubles begin with the murder of a TV journalist. The finger of suspicion points towards HR and he is arrested by Stuttgart police and put behind bars.

Convinced of HR’s guilt, Riaa’s father (Sachin Khedekar) fixes her marriage with another man. Now, HR has only one option: to run away from police captivity and find the real killer to prove his innocence before his ladylove is married off to someone else. Will he succeed?

‘Aap Ka Surroor’ is based on a wafer thin plot. On top of it, the film’s script and dialogues are very filmy. But director Prashant Chaddha makes the flick interesting by telling the story very stylishly and at a brisk pace. In fact, the film is akin to an outstretched music video that packs in different ingredients necessary for a masala entertainer: romance, music, drama and action.

The film’s USP is its music. Songs like ‘Asalaam Valekum’, ‘Tera Mera Milna’, ‘Tanhainyan’ and ‘Mehbooba’ are a delight to ears. However, the placement of ‘Mehbooba’ (with Mallika) could have been better.

While Himesh impresses as a music composer of the film, he fails to make any mark as an actor. He is stiff, he is conscious of the camera and he tries to act as if he has all the pain in the world. This act begins to look superficial after a while. Anyway, considering it is his first attempt at acting, some leniency should be shown in evaluating his performance.

Hansika Motwani is cute and gorgeous. Although she is confident in front of the camera, her acting skills need some polishing.

Mallika Sherawat looks ***y and plays her part of a vamp very well. The change in her character in the second half was unexpected.

Among other actors, Raj Babbar and Sachin Khedekar have very small roles. Shravan as Himesh’s sidekick is superb.

On the whole, ‘Aap Ka Surroor’ is worth a watch if you are a Reshammiya fan. The film’s story interweaves romance, mystery and thrills in a way that will appeal to the masses.
Posted 18 Jul 2007

The 'A' list: Why 'Aap ka Suroor’ will be the ace in the pack

After Hours Correspondent
Thursday, June 28, 2007 19:35 IST

‘Awaarapan’, ‘Apne’ and ‘Aap ka Suroor’— which will be the ace in the pack?

'Aap ka Suroor’ is the hottest film

The Deols’ ‘Apne’, Emraan Hashmi’s ‘Awaarapan’ and Himesh Reshammiya’s ‘Aap ka Suroor’—it’s ‘three much’ of a choice for audiences this week.

‘Apne’ is a complete family film. With the three Deols coming together, the movie will be a major attraction for their fans. But with the family positioning, it might lose out amongst the youth.

‘Awarapan’ doesn’t seem that promising. The only known face in it is that of Emraan Hashmi. Normally, the music of any Bhatt movie always catches up. But that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

‘Aap ka Suroor’ is undoubtedly the hottest film of the year. The promotion has been extremely aggressive and hard-hitting. The hype created, especially on television, hasn’t been hitherto seen. Also, in terms of advance booking, ‘Aap ka Suroor’ is far ahead than any of the two movies releasing with it. —Amod Mehra, trade analyst

All three movies belong to different genres. ‘Apne’ is a movie soaked with emotions and promises a brilliant performance by Dharmendra.

‘Awaarapan’ on the other hand, could give Emraan Hashmi’s career a new lease. The film is actually meant to white wash his earlier mistakes. It could be an eye opener for people who think Emraan to be a bad actor.

‘Aap ka Suroor’ has a good opening and we do have a reason to watch it—simply to see how Himesh acts! —Taran Adarsh, Trade Guide

—Vikas Hotwani
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Himesh excited about Aap Ka Suroor

Posted at Friday, 29 June 2007 18:06 IST

Mumbai, June 29: Musician turned actor Himesh Reshammiya, whose debut film as an actor, Aap Ka Suroor -The Real Love Story, is releasing today says he has tried his best as an actor in the film and is waiting for people’s love and good response with folded hands, Sahara Samay sources said.

The film is in controversy as it is said that the movie is inspired by Himesh's real life love story.

On being asked on this point, he says people are saying this because the romantic angle and certain portions of the film are inspired by his real life love affair. Otherwise, it is fiction, he adds.

This is the story of a rock star who goes to Germany and gets trapped in a sting operation, the actor tells.

Another romour is that Priyanka Chopra will be seen in the film. On this, he says it is not true since the director of the film never approached her.

Reshammiya also praised Hansika Motwani, the actress from South, who plays female protagonist in the film.

The title of the film is borrowed from the hit album of Himesh Reshammiya by the same name.

The movie has been made at a whopping cost of Rs 75 crore.
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Wow the movie is a hit 75 core already
Posted 18 Jul 2007

“Aap Ka Himesh”

Friday, June 29, 2007 12:5:47 IST

HIMESH RESHAMMIYA tells JYOTHI VENKATESH that he is planning to start his own music schools and clothesline shortly

What exactly is your debut movie as a producer cum leading man ‘Aap Ka Suroor’ all about?
The film is a dramatic love story directed by Prashant Chaddha who was earlier assistant to the late Mukul S. Anand. ‘Aap Ka Suroor’ will have shades of me in my real life. Vijay Taneja has presented the film. You can call it autobiographical to some extent. It is inspired from my personal life. I would say that ‘Aap Ka Suroor’ is the costliest film made till today.

Is it true that you had imported an auto rickshaw from Mumbai and shot a sequence in Germany?
Yes. We had shot the film in Germany where we had even imported an auto rickshaw from Mumbai for a particular scene. I have composed nine tracks for the film. To prepare myself as a leading man, I had even stopped eating ice cream. I am not a John Abraham but Himesh Reshammiya. I have kept up my promise to every one that I will drop my hat for the film.
Isn’t your leading lady Ria the child star Hansika Motwani of yesterday?
Yes. I am actually re-launching Hansika Motwani, who is a child star who had appeared in several films including Mehul Kumar’s ‘Jaago’. Hansika is a
fabulous actress who is making her debut with this film as a leading lady. In fact, we have even christened her with a new name - Ria.

Is it true that you had paid a bomb for Mallika Sherawat who appears in your film just for ten minutes?
It is all hogwash by a section of the media. Mallika Sherawat is playing a very interesting negative role. She has been paid moderately for our film and will be seen in the film for almost 30 to 40 minutes, contrary to the media reports about her. She has done a brilliant job in my film. I cannot dwell more at length about the subject because the charm will go away if I reveal the plot. I am confident that the film will prove to be a big hit.

Why do you think there are far too many controversies about you all the time?
There have been too many controversies surrounding me ever since I started tasting success. I have been dubbed arrogant. They say I sing from my nose and my voice is nasal. I do not mind admitting that my voice is indeed nasal, because what is important is that my songs have been appreciated by the masses. They say I have criticized Sonu Nigam’s style of singing when I have never spoken ill of others. I do not know why people are jealous of me. If I had spoken ill of Sonu, do you think I would have asked him to sing a song in my film ‘Apne’?

Why are you not accepting new assignments as a music director?
I have stopped accepting new assignments for the last one year or so because I want to re-invent myself as music director. Though my first film- ‘Bandhan’ as a music director was appreciated for my music, I was dubbed a fluke. I am happy that now after I have composed for almost 40 films, people say that I am here to stay as music director and am being asked why I am not taking up new assignments as a music director.

Is it true that you are planning to start your own school of music to attract new singing talents?
I am all set to launch Himesh Reshammiya School of Music in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai shortly. It will be a hi tech school, the first of its kind in Asia. It is sad but true that in India there are several malls, multiplexes and theatres but there is no hi tech school
of music to train people who are interested in learning music as a profession. My school will have ten different divisions of music. It will teach pop music, Club DJ music, Violin, Stroke, guitar etc with the best of teachers from |India as well as abroad.

Where will the first school come up in India?
I am the first ever musician to do so in our country. The first school will come up in Kolkata because I feel that Kolkata is rich as far as music is concerned.

Like Karan Johar and Sunny Deol, do you also plan to start your own clothesline shortly?
It has been my father Vipin Reshammiya’s dream to start this school of music for the past 40 years. I have tied up with Kishore Bhayani of Pantaloons to start a line of clothing with brands like Jhalak, Suroor and Aashiqui. Pantaloons had actually approached me to endorse for them. It was then that I suggested that they collaborate with me in the starting of music schools. With me, Pantaloons will create fashion line and accessories.

You have written and produced TV serials. You have sung and composed for films. What is your ambition now, after launching yourself as an actor in films?
The most important agenda as of now is to bridge talent in India and rest of the world with film industry and serve as a guide to lakhs of wannabes who want to take up playback singing as a profession. My school will have 10 divisions and around 10.000 students in each centre. Each school will have around 25,000 sq feet
Posted 18 Jul 2007

B.O. update: 'Aap Kaa Surroor' Opens huge

By Taran Adarsh, June 29, 2007 - 18:46 IST

Box-office is most unpredictable! The stupendous opening of Himesh Reshammiya’s first film as an actor, AAP KAA SURROOR, has caught the entire film industry unaware. The film has opened to an earth-shattering response [95%-100%] everywhere, from East to West, from North to South. In fact, at several centres, the opening of this film is at par with KRRISH and DHOOM 2, the biggest openers of 2006. Incredible, isn’t it?

APNE is carrying extremely positive reports and has opened to very good houses in North, but is in the range of 40% - 50% at other centres. AWARAPAN too is carrying encouraging reports, but has been affected due to multiple releases in the week. It wouldn’t be erroneous to state that AAP KAA SURROOR has made a dent in the business of all films, past and present.

Posted 18 Jul 2007

Box Office Report-30th June 2007 19.00 IST

The film surprised all with a very good opening of 75-80%. The small centres at many circuits around the country were outstanding with 90% +. The reports are fair and the film will prove to be a success at the box office.
Posted 18 Jul 2007

mmja says
yeh sab parhayga kon
Posted 18 Jul 2007

YEPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII HIMESH ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Posted 18 Jul 2007

Reply to Topic