Hinduism

2922 views 87 replies
Reply to Topic
[N.T.G]

Total Posts: 622

Hinduism is one of the oldest and greatest religion of this world.
it originated near the sindhu(indus) river in kashmir. be it muslims or christinos both were excepted warm heatedly in india. in fact india is india for britsh. bharat for hindus and hindustan for muslims.

the religions(bhudhism,jainism,sikhs) which were originated in india is now more than 40% of the total population of this world and all of them were actully hindus/
Posted 18 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
ok
Posted 19 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
not to mention it is th emost liberal religon in the world and lets u be..do whatever u want ....just dont hurt anyone.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

2HOT4U says
dat's kool
Posted 19 Sep 2003

Rain Man says
put this topic in trash...

Image Insert:

46.4 KB

nah just jokin since two comic roles of JB is already here, rick n nishu...wazzup guys...no jokes today

btw, that's some real nice info u got there...didn't know about your religion that much till now...
Posted 19 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
hey nishu....post something about ....reincarnation....
Posted 19 Sep 2003

Great Job!
Posted 19 Sep 2003

desibaba says
Hinduism is certainly the most tolerant. Hindusim has never resorted to Conversions. Everyone is just welcome to follw hinduism.
More than a religion it is way of living. Hinduism doesnt follow any single book which writes down what a hindu can do and what he cannot.
Beatles are amongst the highest profile individuals who were not born into hinduism and later started following it.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
yeah fanatic u should heqr it out bout other religons and how unrestrictive they are boy....nothing is haraam and it lets u indulge and live happily.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

quote:
Originally posted by desibaba

Hinduism is certainly the most tolerant. Hindusim has never resorted to Conversions. Everyone is just welcome to follw hinduism.
More than a religion it is way of living. Hinduism doesnt follow any single book which writes down what a hindu can do and what he cannot.
Beatles are amongst the highest profile individuals who were not born into hinduism and later started following it.

I gotta question here.....so you guys have to veggies or not? Or is it just on Fridays?[bandit]
Posted 19 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
Posted 19 Sep 2003

I meant do you have to be a veggie all the time or just on friday?

sshhheeshhh!
Posted 19 Sep 2003

faysal says
nice info..i didnt knew this much about hinduisum..keep posting more...
Posted 19 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
ya post more abt hinduism
Posted 19 Sep 2003

great.... i did not expected such warm response.
thanx everyone.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

Ashii says
""do whatever u want ....just dont hurt anyone""
greattt,,, glad to learn something new :)

in my opinion this s the base of every religion, but as u said
----> Hinduism doesnt follow any single book which writes down what a hindu can do and what he cannot
it can b the reason of all pbs..

well.. i m not hre to critize annything,,,, cheerz friendssss :)
Posted 19 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
mention not nish
Posted 19 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
there s no problem sall!! there are various sects to it( so many gods)lol i mean u can pick one suiting ur convenience..i m sayin this in a lighter vein.but overall it just lets u be and nothing is a taboo , not even liqour or sex unless u do something that botehrs somebody else...it s a fun religon that involves a lotta singing and dancing and revers artists. they are supposed to be special..india is a major site for it..besides india nepal also has a large proprtions of hindus except that india is not a hindu country and nepal is...if u know what i mean. major festivals in hinduism are diwali..festiviies begin a few days before diwali ...from dusshera onwards till diwali..and we burst crackers ..everything is lit up...and another norm during the diwali time is the teen patti sessions that is sucha part of festivites..they are called all nighters and people get together from all walks of life and gamble...it s also a very drunk festival.lol the second is called holi..fun festival to the core..colors , water balloons..u can color anybody and the other person wont mind..everybody is just wet and colored that day..not to mention drunk.lol the day time color parties are in vogue now and one just makes a gang and hops from one to the other just drinking and frolicking all the way.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

DMX says
cool, that sounds like fun.
desibaba,all religions have rules of what they can and cannot do, even hindus. there are in fact restrictions in every religion and if u read the Hindu holy book, u will see. i have even seen this happening with my hindu friends and ricky if u read the hindu holy book u will see that Hinduism is not only about singing, dancing and having fun.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
course there are rules but they have changed and evolved with passage of times..what was relevent then is not relevent now...one of em is abstainence from beef...some sects propogate vegeterianism but there are no rules..who s a vegetarian in these days ..just a few brahmins...see there are no rules in hinduism just a few guidelines,,thats why it s kinda flexible and easy....the festivals that i was talkin bout are celebrated exactly the way i have specified above.lol they are a riot...best time to go to india.
Posted 19 Sep 2003

Ashii says
LIFE IS NOT FUN ricky..
well... from the moment u believe in a 'super power' and dont hurt anyone.. i ve no pb with it

faith is more important than any belief :)
Posted 19 Sep 2003

DMX says
Ricky, Hinduism isnt as 'easy' as u make it sound. U are making it sound like a 'chill out' religion and that gives people the wrong idea. I dont know much about Hinduism, so i cant say much about it, but ur making it sound like everything is acceptable..i dunno maybe thats the case?
Posted 20 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
well that is the case.......that s how pople live in india...course there are some fools who take it more seriously than it wanna be taken..but normal regular people are not obsessed with it...we r religious but in the right amounts...there s no compulsion... we do our Sh** and moreover it s a secular country and not a religon based so nothing is based or alluded to religon thus it totally boils down to individual choices.
Posted 20 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
OMG!! GUYES *NAVRATRI* IS COMEIN UP!!..RIGHT????.IMM GOIN WITH MY INDIAN FRIENDS!..TO THAT DHANDIA THING:p:p:p..RAHUL.....POOJA....AND ALISHA!...ITS GOOONA BE FUN!...ITS MY FIRST TIME GOIN THEIR..ITS GOONA BE FUN!! I HOPE SO!.....SO U GOIN RICKY TO THAT DHANDIA THING!..I DONT KNOW WHAT ITS CALLED!..I DONT WANNA USE THE WORD *THING*..SO WHAT DO U CALL IT!....
Posted 20 Sep 2003

it is called dandia ras.

now much have been already said about hindus. i would like to add more on the freedom.

we hindus are free in every respect. we dont have to go to a mandir compulsarily. although non veg is not advised but it is not banned too.
no hindu tells anybody to convert into a hindu. thats why hinduism did't spread like islam or budhist. but still,,,come to agara,mathura, haridwar etc and ya will see loads of forigners converted to hindu and they love india.

i feel very lucky to be a hindu/
Posted 20 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
hey nishu u didn't post anything on Reincarnation...
Posted 20 Sep 2003

aapaka hukum sar ankhon pe cute..

main reincarnation par jarur write karooga.
give me some time..
Posted 20 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
bilkul cutegal...reincarnation me to hamari phd hai...10 baar to janubaba me reincarnate hue hai..lol and yeah sanam i ll be there for dandia... it s nice....dancing with sticks on jhankaar beat type remixes.lol and that also for 9 nights consecutively......let the festivities begin..dont miss it sanam ..it s a lot of fun and frolic and singing and dancing. i mean its quite a 'thing'.lols
Posted 20 Sep 2003

ricky-> are bhai mujhe bhi dance karna sikhao.
Posted 20 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
yer religion kahan gaya ,. tell us abt yer religion na
Posted 20 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
Originally posted by nishu

aapaka hukum sar ankhon pe cute..

main reincarnation par jarur write karooga.
give me some time..

kk...
Posted 20 Sep 2003

Reply to Topic