Hinduism

2937 views 87 replies
Reply to Topic
[N.T.G]

Total Posts: 622

Hinduism is one of the oldest and greatest religion of this world.
it originated near the sindhu(indus) river in kashmir. be it muslims or christinos both were excepted warm heatedly in india. in fact india is india for britsh. bharat for hindus and hindustan for muslims.

the religions(bhudhism,jainism,sikhs) which were originated in india is now more than 40% of the total population of this world and all of them were actully hindus/
Posted 18 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
Originally posted by ricky boy

bilkul cutegal...reincarnation me to hamari phd hai...10 baar to janubaba me reincarnate hue hai..lol

hahahahaha
Posted 20 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
i fink itz hindu philosphy na
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
Originally posted by ffm

i fink itz hindu philosphy na

which philosophy r ya talkin' abt...??
Posted 21 Sep 2003

BibiJan says
well i have a question... can plz tell me your religious books name.. like Muslins have Quran, Bible is for Christians, and so on...
thnks
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
i donno ....how many books dey hav.....but i pretty sure dat......GEETA is on of 'em
Posted 21 Sep 2003

BibiJan says
Just for your knowlodge...
The word Hindu came form Hindustan.. all living in Hindustan are Hindus... also Muslims , Christians, Sikhs living in Hindustan are Hindus...... as we are living in Pakistan are Pakistanis..
If you ask your scholars they will tell you the religion you follow is Yehdas.. the word Hindu is a short for Hindustan....
This is no offence for anyone... even if someone from other religion gives me knowlodge about my religion, I will say Thank you to him...
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
i neva knew dat.....
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
i alwayz thought....ppl livin' in hindustan r HINDUSTANI......& Hinduism is a religion...& ppl who follow it r called HINDU........
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Ya man even some muslims call themselves hindustani....but I don't get it....don't you have to be a hindu living in india to be considered a hindustani? lol
Posted 21 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
two theories-----
1..the word ' hindustan ' is a misnomer for india..i ll tell ya why....hindustan in hindi when split to hindu and stan ie..hindu ka sthan or place for hindus...which is corse not the case ..indian people more commonlly refer to india in hindi as 'bharat' cause that is more apt name.....hindustan sounds colonial and is against the ideology of our constitution..'hindustan' came along with the mughals who called india that....anyways my point is that india is not just hindustan ..if u know what i mean...but yes we r still reffered to as that by pakistan...and a few stupid hindus who are delibrately 'oblivious' to the fact that india is a secular country and that is a reality that the 99% of people take pride on and the reality that the dont wannna accept and not mention exploit it to their benefit.india is such a melting point for so many cultures..besides hindus ..there are more muslims than pakistan....buddhism originated there and teh dalai lama has made it his home...india houses so many tibbetians u d be amazed...so may people come seekin thedalai lama...mother tereasa was there in the role of a missionary..she was a cult in herself....sikhs are there in abundance.   so that s how life is for most of the people ...we r so used to be lilvin with so many religons and traditions around us...like i said 99% benenfit from it....but there s that faction too in all communities that is not too pleased with all that. india is a place where people from all over the world come seekin spirituality which is of course not the same is religon....for our present and upcomin generation religon is and never would be a criterion for anythig...trust me we have evolved beyond al that ..it s a secular country and thats a relaity and that s how it ll always be ....for the most part it is grrt... people are chillin out there..nobody cares bout it anymore
Posted 21 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
2.. some percive hinduism as a way of life rather than a religon and thus in the land of free people from a different communities are free to practice their faiths and beliefs and that is the concept of hinduism...so therfore hindustan according to them was coined cause it meant 'the place where this concept of hinduism is practiced.....that is the theory that the bjp government practices that is why it some of it members refer to india as hindustan...which of course is not derogatory for other faiths but is controversial and and subject to debate.
Posted 21 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok!
Posted 21 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
okies
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
Originally posted by T.O_Raptors

Ya man even some muslims call themselves hindustani....but I don't get it....don't you have to be a hindu living in india to be considered a hindustani? lol

i don' think so....
Posted 21 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
there are more muslims than pakistan....

dat's a misconception.......dat dere r more muslims in india.......but dat's not da case.....
Posted 21 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
check the census...its as simple as that.
Posted 21 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
quote:
Originally posted by Cute_gal

quote:

dat's a misconception.......dat dere r more muslims in india.......but dat's not da case.....

well dats da case na ... dere r more muzlimz na ...
Posted 21 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
yeah ffm ..somebody tell her that...
Posted 22 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
well ... wat shud i say ... i think every body knows dat ,,
Posted 22 Sep 2003

well readin the reply i come to know that most of you dont have any knowledge of india and of course hinduism//

first of all the word "HINDU" comes fr the the word "SINDHU",,that is the indus river where the religion started.

when mughals came to india they named it hindustan meaning "home of hindus"

when british came to india they named it india because the indus velley civilization.

the original name of india is "BHARAT" and it came fr the younger brother of lord RAM ---Bharat.

accordin to the 2001 census the population of muslims in india is 30 corores..

and i think the population of pak is 15 coror ...

now these are the facts and facts and nothin but facts
Posted 22 Sep 2003

now someone asked that which is the holy book of hindus.

its GEETA..

geeta contains all the summary of all the religious books of hindus.
Posted 22 Sep 2003

faysal says
humm...can u tell about the proceedings in which teh wife has to die with her husband....sati i guess...what is all about..is it something spiritual or what?
Posted 22 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
sati....was a tradition followed by some stupid brahmins eons ago...it s a f**kin crime now and the woman goes to jail if she doesnt die.lol hahahah
Posted 22 Sep 2003

ya,,, sati is banned..but yo see faysal i think yo are in a mode to fight.. i mean.. in your country ... women are raped bye their own relatives or killed by stones just becoz they dont want to marry someone of their choice..

every thing has its draw back..so dont ruin the forum sprit here..got it..?
Posted 22 Sep 2003

quote:
Originally posted by Cute_gal

quote:

Actaully its true.....there are more Muslims living in india than Pakistan......
Posted 23 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
nishu !!!!!! relax!! he was just asking and we have to clue him in...and thats how it works both ways..take it easy.
Posted 23 Sep 2003

~Fragi~ says
ya . nishu .. faysal wasnt in da mood of fiting na
Posted 23 Sep 2003

faysal says
quote:
Originally posted by nishu

ya,,, sati is banned..but yo see faysal i think yo are in a mode to fight.. i mean.. in your country ... women are raped bye their own relatives or killed by stones just becoz they dont want to marry someone of their choice..

every thing has its draw back..so dont ruin the forum sprit here..got it..?

nishu i am in no mood of fighting..i just wanted to know more about it...ok u can tell me about something else..like diwali or..holi..but dont take things to the negative side..
Posted 23 Sep 2003

now thats somethin...
Posted 23 Sep 2003

faysal says
something what?????????????????????
Posted 24 Sep 2003

Reply to Topic