dating

3634 views 128 replies
Reply to Topic
shujaslam

Total Posts: 176

Aslamu Alaikum warahmatullahi warabakhtu

hey peeps, just want your opinion on what u think of dating

in my opinion, its totally wrong to date, or go out wit him/her if you are not married to him/her. waisy bhee, its haram in Islam
Posted 26 Aug 2003

ricky boy says
shary!!! think u should specify a forum u know, cause i cant narrow down a topic --then i can get some specefics bout it. this thread s on dating and i have no idea whats hinduism's idea of a cool date ..... lol.. but seriously .. go ahead and toss agendas and we l get crackin on em...
Posted 12 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
...I MISS ????.........BYE GUYES
Posted 12 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
I MEANT WE WE LL USE UR EXPERTISE TOO.LOL STAY!!!
Posted 13 Sep 2003

DMX says
Ok firstly I am totally against dating of any form. Sister nadz u are right, this is a test and by avoiding the temptation of dating u are passing a great obstacle in your path.

Secondly, Respect and admiration towards your parents is a major teaching in Islam. Your parents are everything..the quran says that heaven lies at the feet of your mother! Repect, obey and never hurt your parents in any way, because when your dating partner or friends leave u, they will always be there for u through thick and thin. Never even think of going behind your parents back in any way and doing something they won't like because that is just wrong and Islam teachs that respect and trust with your parents and elders is the way forward. Think about it our parents have cared for us, they cleaned up after us when we were babies, they looked after us when we were ill, all they want to do is see us happy...so always think of them before u do anything!
Posted 13 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
YES!! THATS WHAT IM SAYIN.......GOTTA THINK OF THEM BEFORE I DO SOMETHIN..GET IT!!!...LOL

AND OK ILL STAY!...GAWD I MISS ????
Posted 13 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
GAWD U MISS WHAT SANAM??
Posted 13 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
AND WHY DO U HAVE TO THINK BOUT DMX BEFORE U DO SOMETHING....LOL
Posted 13 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
DMX WHO!!!...LOL NAA NOT HIM.....* MY PARENTS * RICKY!!! GOOTTA THINK FO EM BEFORE I DO SOMETHIN!
Posted 13 Sep 2003

SBG18 says
THANKS DMX
LOLZ
Posted 13 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
YEAH I MEAN SERIOUSLY!!!!! LIKE U PARENTS THEY GO THROUGH SO MUCH IN LIKE RAISIN YA!...SO OBVIESLY U GOOTTA THINK OF EM BEFORE U DO SOMETHIN!...I MEAN IF UR PARENTS R FINE WITH DATIN AND STUFF...THEN OK!..BUT IF THEYR NOT THEN I DONT THINK U SHOULD DO THINGS BEHIND THEIR BACK!....SO GOOTTA THINK OF EM BEFORE I DO SOMETHIN!....I LUV EM MORE THEN ANYTHIN!!!
Posted 13 Sep 2003

SBG18 says
YEAH BUT SOMETIMESIN LIFE
WE DONT MEAN TO HRT OUR PARETNS AND WE MAKE MISTAKES
SO PEOPLE ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO CHANGE
AND ALLAH S=WT PROTECTS US FROM DATING BY SAYING NOT TO DO IT...
SERIOSULY YOU GET NOTHIGN BUT HURT
AND THEN AGAIN...
PARETNS
CANT FIND ENOUGH WORDS
LATELY THE THING THAT MEANS THE MOST TO ME
IS A SMILE ON MY DADS FACE
AND MY MOTHERS
BUT IT HURTS WHEN I MAKE THEM HURT
IVE NOT BEEN THE BEST GAL IN THE WORLD
BUT IVE SET STRAIGHT
SO IF YOUR OUT THERE LSOT JUST JOIN THE CLUB
DONT THINK TILL TOMORROW THERE MIGHTNOT BE ENOUGH TIME.
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR DYING DAY WILL COME
ALLAH SWT SAYS IN THE QURAN
I CANT FIND THE EXACT VERSE AT THE MOMENT
I AHVE THE QURAN IN MY HAND
BUT BASCIALLY NO SOUL KNOWS WHEN IT WILL DIE OR IN WHICH LAND...
Posted 13 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
yeahh! ur right nadia!... i mean seriously when i see my parents happy smilin OMG!..thats the best feelin in the world!..u dont know!..its so nice to see ur parents just happy!!!
Posted 14 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
ah ha sanam !! u r such a concentious ,caring daughter.. very impressive ... it s kinda rare these days so i m pleasently surprised when i come across somebody whos so considerate bout her parents.... rejoice sanam!! cause u r goin to heaven.
Posted 14 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
[angel][angel] HEHE! RICKY!!..THANX!!! NA SERIOUSLY I LUV MY PARENTS MORE THEN ANYTHIN!...ALWAYS WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY!!..I SWEAR ITS THE BEST FEELIN IN THE WORLD...!! ANYWAYZ HOW R YA..HOWZ LIFE!......[:D]
Posted 14 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
EVERYTHING S ON TRACK SANAM!!! HAS BEEN HECTIC OFF LATE SO I M IN THE PROCESS OF DEVISING NEW METHODS TO OUTSMART EM!!!LOL WHAT BOUT YA ??
Posted 14 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
HMM! ITS BORIN!!...SO WHAT ELSE!.....HOWZ AUNTY AND UNCLE DOIN!
Posted 14 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
mom's doin fine , she s goin back to india for a couple a years to work in some hospital there,dad's dead and gone so i dont know what he s upto.lol..its ok though. why is it boring for ya!!! i m sure boston s a pretty rocking city. where are ur folks -- back home? well u know what, u could start joggin since u have that track suit on. i guess that ll help kill some time.lol run bout a 10 miles everyday and in a 150 days u ll be here in atlanta ..and we could celebrate that accomplishment.lol yeah we ll pop some gatorade and have energy bars for appetizers. hahahaha
Posted 14 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
RIGHT!...AHAAN!...NICE MUMMY JEE GOIN TO INDIA!....WHATELSE!......IM SOORY ABOUT UR DAD!:(....HOW OLD WERE U WHEN THIS HAPPENED!..ANYWAYZ LEAVE THAT!..AHCA AUR BATAO!...HAHAHA GATORADE....SURE WHY NOT!.....AND EBERGY BARS...ERR I DONT KKNOW!...LOL:p...
Posted 16 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
SAB FIRST CLASS !!! SO WHY DO U GET BORED IN BOSTON ??!!! I THINK U R PRETTY FRIENDLY KINDS SO WHATS THE GLITCH??!!
Posted 16 Sep 2003

sanam411 says
HEHEH THANX! YES I AM FRIENDLY!...I MEAN ITS NOT THAT!..ITS JUST THAT EVERYONEZ SO BUSY NOW A DAYS WITH SCHOOL N FAMILY STUFF!..SO THATS WHY!....ALL OF MY FRIENDS R BUSY WITH THIGNS...SO WE HARDLY GO OUT!...AND ITS REALLY BORIIN!..AND THEN OH YEAH MY SIS WHO IS BUSY WITH HER SCHOOL!..AND SO AM I !...I DONT HAVE TIME!..IMM A BUSY GAL!...I MEAN EVEN THOUGH IM BUSY I STILL GET BORED! ARGHH I DONT KNOW!...SO U TELL ME!....HOWZ EVERYTHIN!......OHHH MY MUMZ MAKING BARYANI AND HALLEEM TODAY!...SPICY!!!!!...YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! IM SO HAPPY!HEHEHEH!
Posted 16 Sep 2003

ricky boy says
U R SUCH A TEASE SANAM..I HAVENT HAD BIRYAANI IN MONTHS NOW. AH!!! THE PITFALLS OF NOT LIVIN IN BOSTON. WELL...U KNOW BEING BUSY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NOT BEING BORED....PRESCRIBED WORK IS ALWAYS A PAIN IN THE ASS...I MEAN.. NOT ALWAYS ..BUT MOST OF THE TIMES. BEING NOT BORED MEANS LETTING UR MIND FREE TO INNOVATE OR JUST LET IT BE ..TO CONNECT WITH THE HEART AND BE OK WITH IT...THATS TRUE FOR A MULTITUDE OF SITUATIONS INCLUDING WORK..THAT S WHEN WORK BECOMES NON BORING...OTHERWISE MOST OF THE TIME HEART AND MIND ARE IN CONFLICT AND THAT MANIFESTS ITSELF IN A VARIETY OF BEHAVIORAL WAYS, THRU ALL THOSE Sh**TY HORMONE STUFF .   ....LOL THAT WAS A DISTORTED MEDICO SPIRITUAL EXPLANATION FOR IT.LOL
ON A HUMAN LEVEL I SHARE UR PAIN THOUGH..WE R ALL BUSY AND MOST OF THE TIMES ITS BORING AS HELL...LOL BUT LOOKIN AT THE SUNNY SIDE ---THAT S WHY GOD MADE VACATIONS , DINT HE??
Posted 16 Sep 2003

Cute_gal says
quote:
Originally posted by faysal

making love and going out r two seperate things...u go out with ur friends but u dont make love to them...

lolz faysal....he didn't say dat....
Posted 16 Sep 2003

ShujaSlam says
u know Prophet Muhammed(SAW) said the secend major sin in life is hurting your parents...and u know u should love p muhammed(SAW) more then your parents.

and back to dating...Prophet MUhammed(SAW) said if for any reason man and a women(no t related) are together alone in a room or going out then the Shaitaan is with them.
Posted 21 Sep 2003

NADZ18 says
your ansoltuely right mr shuja
i agree
Posted 11 Oct 2003

Bro Riza says
Alrite peeps, just wanted to say, that agreeing with your parents and putting them first, not before prophet(saw) or Allah, is what every person should do, cos they brought us in this life and made us what we are. Also Arrange marriages arent as bad as some people
make it sound.
Arrange just means that it is sorted out by parents in the sense that if you see someone you like you can tell your parents i like so and so , and tell them to find out about the family for you, if you are willing to get married though.
It doesnt mean that you parents decide and thats it. If you dont like them then fine look for the next one, and the next untill you find one you like. And if you want you can get to know them more personaly as long as some relative is sitting with you, even at a distance so they cant hear you as long as they can see you,cos as shuja said the if its only two then the third is the shaitan and he causes desires in the heart.
So when we say arrange dont automaticaly look down on it, and you will also find that they are more robust than love marriages, the reason being firstly because you have followed sunnat.Secondly when you get married you spend the first few years getting to know each other and loving each other, where ad love marriage is usualy you have done evrything before marriage so when you marry you usualy just argu and have nothing else to do.
It very goo to please your parents, but you have to make sure you are also happy, what ever happens in the future is upto Allah, but at the time you have to want to marry person, not be forced, because like Nadz said we have to bring our own children in Islam, so we have to have a solid family love and connection, that can only be done if you love each other, if you are unhappy, then its likely you stay like that through your whole life and have no motivation.

Shuja mashallah you are very knowledgable for your age, but i think you will realise as time goes on things which we know we are not allowed to do when we are young, become harder not to do as you get older and hormones and adult development kicks in. Inshallah Allah will steer you away from any problems, but nowadays its a real test, especialy in this sort of society that we live in.I remember when i was young i was strict about these things and said i would never ever do certain things, but i guess shaitan would get better of me sometimes. We all make mistakes, its leaning from them that is the important thing.
May Allah keep you all on the siratul mustakeen.
Posted 12 Oct 2003

Bro Riza says
I think everyone should read the last post i put in on the "what do non muslims think this life is about?" post. I think it applies to two people here who you can all guess after reading it.
Its a shame, may Allah put light in their hearts.
Posted 12 Oct 2003

MrDeath says
yo mean me... are yaar mene tera kya bigada hai jo mere pechee pade ho?

tum jo ab kar rahe ho na wo mene bahut pehele kar ke chor diya..
Posted 13 Oct 2003

STANDARD says
Dating is not Haram,we got extremist in some issues,that's not true,hidden dating and alone room dating is haram,if girl in a 'Hijab' and dating in any restaraunt,nothing to worry..but it's not suitable,this is time wasting and u will have to lie and cheat,which r 'Haram' also in Islam...so save it..ydakh37908.1717824074
Posted 14 Oct 2003

STANDARD says
Dating is not Haram,we should not make extremist in important issues,that's not true,Islam want to make save wrong connection of girl and guys... hidden dating and alone room dating is haram,if girl in a 'Hijab' and dating in any restaraunt,nothing to worry..but it's not suitable,this is time wasting and u will have to lie and cheat,which r 'Haram' also in Islam...so save it..ydakh37908.1743865741
Posted 14 Oct 2003

MrDeath says
okis
Posted 14 Oct 2003

Reply to Topic