Cinestar Cinema opens in Lahore!

36808 views 51 replies
Reply to Topic
afridi_hasnat

Total Posts: 1187

Good News for the Whole film and Cinema Industry!
A new stylish cinema has been opened in Lahore by the name of CineStar in Township.It got extensive media coverage and by what i have seen on Tv its relli cool and better than DHA.Per some newspaper it has the biggest screen in Pakistan.
Also i heard tht either they have demolished or converted Amnol Cinema into Cinestar..dont know if its true or not!
But if its true than its a very good step converting old cinemas into new stylish ones!
Posted 02 Jul 2009

Another news,Cinepax has signed a MOU with the City District Goverment Karachi.Per that MOU Cinepax would be building two multiplexes in Karachi!
Cinemas are reviving....thanks to Indian Films,English Films and too sum extent our Local Films aswell!
Posted 02 Jul 2009

New cinema opens
Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:55 PM GMT+5

Lahore -- �CINE STAR�, the newest cinema in the country with the biggest screen, seating capacity and exclusively designed state of the art music system opens in the provincial metropolis with the screening of the Indian Movie �New York� amid a lot of fanfare and a star studded inaugural ceremony at the Civic Centre, Township on Friday evening.

The Cine Star Cinema is the initiative of Ch .Fraz Ahmed, the owner of this third generation 21st century style entertainment house.

The Cinema, as told by the Manager Hammad, has a capacity of 581 seats and it will soon be introducing a Bar-B-Que Restaurant for the cine-goers.

The Cine Star will, be exclusive place for English movies and Indian Films lovers since it has scheduled the screening of Indian and English movies during its operations starting for the general public from Saturday, (Today).Like all other Cinemas it will also have three regular shows staring at 3.30 and the last show at 9.30 while a special Matinee show will take place on Sunday. The tickets have been fixed at Rs.200 for the families and Rs. 250 for individuals coming to the cinema without families.
Posted 02 Jul 2009

w q malik says
Good news mate
thanks 4 the update
Posted 03 Jul 2009

chitra says
Good post
keep posting..
Posted 04 Jul 2009

thats a gr8 news plus city govt karachi is building cineplexes in 5 to 6 major areas in karachi
Posted 04 Jul 2009

yoyo says
Opening of Cine Gold Cinema In Bahria Town

Posted 05 Jul 2009

yoyo says
Posted 05 Jul 2009

paki lion says
Only 80 peoples can sit there?
Posted 05 Jul 2009

yoyo said:

WOW!Now this is somthing amazing!
Its a World-Class Cinema!With amazing ambeince and seats!Also i heard its a Famlies-Only Cinema not sure if its true...!
Actulli the Cinestar Cinema is for everyone and its a big cinema!But this CineGold Cinema of the same company is a Mini-Cinema mainly targeted on Families and Couples!
Its such a great event of launching of two High-Standard cinemas in Lahore!
Also this CineGold has sofa seats like no other Cinema has in Pakistan!
Posted 06 Jul 2009

STANDARD says
But recently budget has imposed again 65% duty on ticket from taxation department,How can servive these cinimas,people of cinimas are unhappy this govt decesion
Posted 07 Jul 2009

w q malik says
if u call this cinema world class...i pretty much doubt as i never seen such cinema in rest of the world!!!!
can we call it Pakistan class???!!!!
Posted 08 Jul 2009

STANDARD said:

But recently budget has imposed again 65% duty on ticket from taxation department,How can servive these cinimas,people of cinimas are unhappy this govt decesion

Ya yaar thts a very wrong and disguisting decision by the Pakistani Govt.!I must say they should take it back as its bad both for the Film and Cinema Industry!
Now even many Local films are paving the way to release but if this tax is not taken back than the Film Industry will be completly be Histroy!
Posted 09 Jul 2009

w q malik says
A delegation consisting of Sangeeta, Qaiser Sanaullah (manager Metropole cinema Lahore), Syed Noor etc.will be meeting CM Shahbaz Sharif.....if they fail to convince him, they have decided to file a petition in Supreme Court.

I hope better sense will pervail !!!.....as I have very high hopes for these 2 personalities i.e., Shahbaz Sharif & CJ Iftikhar Chaudry.

My sixth sense suggests that it will be sorted by CM before going to CJ!

Posted 10 Jul 2009

yoyo says
you have high hopes on ganja brothers and there security thief justice

dont get your hopes to high they are busy eating your money.
Posted 10 Jul 2009

w q malik says
@ Yo Yo

I do respect your views on this issue
Posted 10 Jul 2009

STANDARD says
Today a program on CNBC with syed noor and govt minister has promised this issue would have solved within week,govt will withdraw this decesion.great.

@yoyo
Iftikhar choudery is the only hero of pakistan if you live in pakistan when will you feel?
Posted 11 Jul 2009

STANDARD said:

Today a program on CNBC with syed noor and govt minister has promised this issue would have solved within week,govt will withdraw this decesion.great.

Thats a gr8 news...wat prog was it?
Can u give more details?
Posted 11 Jul 2009

STANDARD says
afridi_hasnat said:

STANDARD said:

Thats a gr8 news...wat prog was it?
Can u give more details?

"Awam ki awaz" is a regular based program on evening on CNBC PAKISTAN female is host I dont know her name,most of the caller said pakistan movies are not doing well and they appreciate only 'khuda kay liye' movie and want more movies like that.
bechara syed noor is competiting alone these huge crticism.
Posted 11 Jul 2009

The first half of the year has been relli very bad for Lollywood!All films,jo thori bhut rls hui,were flop.
Some film critics are saying tht Its the worse tht Lollywood has seen,but they are expecting things to get better in the second half as there quite a biggies(by our local standards)lined up to rls which includes Kitni Hasseen Hai Zindagi,Chana Sachi Muchi,Bhai Log,Devdas,Price of Honor and other Punjabi films of Syed Noor.
Posted 12 Jul 2009

charizmatic said:

thats a gr8 news plus city govt karachi is building cineplexes in 5 to 6 major areas in karachi

Buddy did it came in da newspaper?
Posted 12 Jul 2009

STANDARD says
Bad news of lollywood is that,complaning no ads in newspaper about lollywood releasing specially jang newspaper on sunday.
Posted 13 Jul 2009

Indian movies chalani hain kya?
Posted 13 Jul 2009

Shehzad Rafiuqe with the financial support of Sound View Productions have also recently converted Shaheen Cinema in Sargodha completly with new seating,improved DTS Sound System,new screen and interior.Tht cinema was also had its inugration on 3rd July same as CineGold Cinema.
It means June/July saw the opening of 3 new cinemas.Thts are relli good step

Also Shahzad Sahab converted Roxy Cinema in the same way in Gujranwala last year.But thnx to our patriotic media,they didnt even covered these events.
Posted 13 Jul 2009

GOOOOOOOOOOD NEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS!
Cinema Tax has been finnaly removed for Five years now!A Group consisting of Cinema Management had a meeting with CM Shahbaz Sharif today.They just showed it in Geo Headlines.
Its a relli great news...
Great Step by Punjab Goverment and now the Film Industry and Cinema owners should utilise these five years fully!
Posted 13 Jul 2009

STANDARD says
afridi_hasnat said:

Shehzad Rafiuqe with the financial support of Sound View Productions have also recently converted Shaheen Cinema in Sargodha completly with new seating,improved DTS Sound System,new screen and interior.Tht cinema was also had its inugration on 3rd July same as CineGold Cinema.
It means June/July saw the opening of 3 new cinemas.Thts are relli good step

Also Shahzad Sahab converted Roxy Cinema in the same way in Gujranwala last year.But thnx to our patriotic media,they didnt even covered these events.

Yes same I think we are not patriotic nation every media is joking about lollywood that lollywood has destroyed and cinimas are getting less day by day and so on.

But you see these cinimas inauguration and evernew studio in karachi is great step for film industry
Posted 14 Jul 2009

w q malik says
@YoYO
GOOOOOOOOOOD NEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSS!   
Cinema Tax has been finnaly removed for Five years now!A Group consisting of Cinema Management had a meeting with CM Shahbaz Sharif today.They just showed it in Geo Headlines.
Its a relli great news...
Great Step by Punjab Goverment and now the Film Industry and Cinema owners should utilise these five years fully!

HI Mr. Yo yo

what's your say on that.......eventually my hopes were true!

My prediction came true....CM Saab ZinaBAd, Chief Justice Zindabad!!!
Posted 14 Jul 2009

yoyo says
ok wg malik, how does removing cine tax make someone a hero or zindabad, fact is they are corrupt of the highest order and have destoryed pakistan and destablized the whole country.
shahbaz sheriff is just one of those paindus from gujjar and badmash movies
Posted 14 Jul 2009

w q malik says
I do respect your views about him.............
But on this specific issue he has proved you wrong and I was right....you must appreciate at least good steps wherever it comes from.
Posted 14 Jul 2009

MR NICE says
I totally agree with yoyo. The Cinema Tax is not going to
benefit that much as hardly currently any films are made.
Its only going to benefit the distributors and Cinema
owners of Indian Films. Its again vested interests Waqar.

The only thing this government and previous ones have
done is to destroy the film industry. These people have
no idea what Cinema is and its importance.

The same goes with numerous other problems our country is
facing.

Most blame the system we live in but do have a system in
place.
Posted 15 Jul 2009

MR NICE said:

I totally agree with yoyo. The Cinema Tax is not going to
benefit that much as hardly currently any films are made.
Its only going to benefit the distributors and Cinema
owners of Indian Films. Its again vested interests Waqar.

The only thing this government and previous ones have
done is to destroy the film industry. These people have
no idea what Cinema is and its importance.

The same goes with numerous other problems our country is
facing.

Most blame the system we live in but do have a system in
place.

No MR NICE i dont agree with you!
The Cinema Tax if was applied would have effected the film industry alot!Like if a film is shown in a cinema then most of the earnings from shows which were 65% would go to the Govt and not much would be left for the distributor than the producer itself.
Thts why the people of film industry like Shehzad Rafique,Syed Noor were against it!
Posted 15 Jul 2009

Reply to Topic