Waqar Younis gives himself a year

1586 views 33 replies
Reply to Topic
jason statham

Total Posts: 2999

Waqar Younis, the former Pakistan captain who was dropped after their first-round exit from the World Cup earlier this year, has given himself a year to fight his way back into the national side before he retires.

Waqar, 32, hit out at suggestions that he should retire immediately, and said he had high hopes of making a comeback. "No-one can force me to retire and I won't listen to anyone," he told reporters, "and no-one in the Pakistan Cricket Board has told me to retire because I feel I can play for one more year."

Shortly before flying to Australia, where he is to play some grade cricket, Waqar added: "I have had a good year with Warwickshire this year and hope I get another chance to play with them next year so I can fight back into the team."

Waqar, who once formed a deadly bowling partnership with the now-retired Wasim Akram, was among eight players axed after the February-March World Cup in southern Africa. An official report blamed Waqar for his obstinate handling of the team, and said he did not co-operate with other players.

But Waqar refused to be drawn on the report's findings. "It was disappointing to lose the way we did in the World Cup, but it's not new in Pakistan," he said. "I don't want to be drawn into any controversy because I am still playing."

Waqar, who has taken 373 wickets in 87 Tests, plus 416 in one-day internationals, insisted that a comeback was still on the cards. "I don't want to come [back] as captain and am ready to stage a comeback as a player."

He said he had recently held a meeting with Ramiz Raja, the chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board and a former team-mate. "I met Ramiz but it was nothing unusual," said Waqar. "I will be back in Pakistan and will surely play in some of the domestic tournaments."

Posted 08 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
Well no doubt hez a legend
Posted 08 Oct 2003

we loses in world cup coz of him he doesn't need 2 come pak have plenty of players
Posted 08 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
well legends r legends ....

Hez a legend
Posted 09 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
i agree with kiddo, legends are legends man, n i still think if he comes back, it'll be good for pak to have him...
Posted 10 Oct 2003

legends kya team ko hara ke ab dubara ane ki zarurut nahi
Posted 11 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
harna jeetna har jaga hota hai...imo, we need him back in the team...
Posted 11 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
SRK_FANATIC said:

harna jeetna har jaga hota hai...imo, we need him back in the team...

i do agree na
Posted 13 Oct 2003

(HARNA AUR JEETNA) WORLD CUP SE PEHLE DEKHO ZARA KITNE MATCH HAARE. WORLD CUP MAIN SIRF 2 MATCH JEETAY. WORLD CUP KE BAAD PAK KI TEAM BEHTER HUI HAI.
Posted 14 Oct 2003

AUR HE HAS NO PATIENCE JAB OUT NAHI HOTA BAS GUSA KAMAZKAM RASHID, INZI HAVE PATIENCE THATS MAIN POINT. HOPE U GUYZ WILL UNDERSTAND
Posted 14 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
shahrukh khan said:

AUR HE HAS NO PATIENCE JAB OUT NAHI HOTA BAS GUSA KAMAZKAM RASHID, INZI HAVE PATIENCE THATS MAIN POINT. HOPE U GUYZ WILL UNDERSTAND

yehi patience to lay dobi hai ... LORDS mein one day ho .. ya Pindi mein one day ho ... issi patience kee waja se matchessssssssss harey haina after world cup
Posted 15 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
i like waqar yunis
Posted 20 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
mano ya na mano...waqar younis is one of the best players from pakistan...
Posted 20 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
yeah he is.........mano ya na mano...waqar younis is one of the best players from pakistan...

Posted 21 Oct 2003

jani420 says
true true
Posted 21 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
Posted 21 Oct 2003

jani420 says
Posted 21 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
what is this.....back to the topic....
Posted 21 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
wat else can we talk about on this topic...
Posted 21 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
we wana waqar bak hehehe
Posted 21 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
yes we do
Posted 21 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
guyes CAN U PLZ POST HIS PICS!...
Posted 22 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
i don't even know where to get cricketer's pics...if ne one knows then do post some shoaib akhtar's too, imma make a new signature pic...
Posted 22 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
can ne one tell me how long doest it take shoaib akhtar to finish a mile...

just wana beat his record
Posted 22 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
aiween mein beat his record.....HAHAHA CHALLO LETS SEE IF U CAN DO IT.......1/4 MILE CHALAY JAO GAYE AND THATS IT!....
Posted 23 Oct 2003

jani420 says
heres a gift 4 sanam n nasir
Posted 23 Oct 2003

Rain Man says
1/4 to bohat kum hai...

jani thanks for the pics...
Posted 23 Oct 2003

jani420 says
Posted 23 Oct 2003

sanam411 says
jaannnnnnnnnnnnniiii THANX FOR THE PICS!
Posted 24 Oct 2003

jani420 says
no probs
Posted 24 Oct 2003

~Fragi~ says
Posted 27 Oct 2003

Reply to Topic
Copyright ©2024 Janubaba.com - All Rights Reserved.- .02