LUX STYLE AWARDS result.

10261 views 124 replies
Reply to Topic
charizmatic

Total Posts: 5317

well these r the results based on web voting so lets check it out:

best drama serial : mehndi
best actor(drama) : humayun saeed (mehndi)
best actress(drama) :amna haq (mehndi)
best music album/band :ali zafar (channo)
best film : laaj
best film actor :talat hussain (laaj)
best film actress :zara sheikh (laaj)

so its kinda clean sweep i mean laaj leaving larki punjaban and commando way behind so as drama serial mehndi but let me remind u that these r web voting result so the final result might be change.
Posted 21 May 2004

trailer tu dekha tha...itni bore lag rahi thie
Posted 25 May 2004

Rain Man says
meine promo ya movie dono mein se kuch nahin dekha
but i know this movie will win...poster dekha thaa
Posted 25 May 2004

trailer dekhna tha..boring lag rahi thie
Posted 25 May 2004

shaby says
which indians are going to be there
Posted 25 May 2004

umair16 says
shaby said:

which indians are going to be there

So far they have told that sunu nigam and piyanka chopra are going to be their . dont know about the rest..

and [iyanka chopra is also going to performe and dance . . so is nirma and meera.
Posted 25 May 2004

aray bhai mein ne cinema mein dekhi hai and trust me jitna achi sound quality laaj ki thi itni achi quality ydakh key sound ki bhi nahin thi beleive it or not.
Posted 25 May 2004

Rain Man says
is it out on DVD in US or wat
Posted 26 May 2004

shaby says
yaar sony dnt have it in there programe list on tv guide nor do ary. wats happening.
Posted 27 May 2004

shaby says
sony dnt have it on there website either. looks like there not showing it.
Posted 27 May 2004

umair16 says
Sony is showing it because they show the advertisement . . i dont think their showing it live on T.V.
Posted 27 May 2004

thats gud yaar
Posted 27 May 2004

umair16 says
I have have a feelling they might show it on saturday.
Posted 27 May 2004

shaby says
umair16 said:

no its not on there tv guide, they are showing another indian awards show instead.

also they said 27th in there advert.
Posted 27 May 2004

umair16 says
shaby said:

umair16 said:

no its not on there tv guide, they are showing another indian awards show instead.

also they said 27th in there advert.

really . . i didnt see that ad the one i saw was just showing the awards and to buy tickets then contect this number . .thats all i saw. strange.

But one thing never trust the T.V. Guides they do sometimes be wrong.
Posted 28 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
if u go 2 the oficial website of the lux style awards, u'll notice the ticker (clock) they have @ the bottom left corner says the show has not even begun yet. it is 2 start in another 2 hours and 25 minutes.....

going by that, it will be 8pm in us/canada, and 3am in dubai. why would an awards show begin @ 3 or 4am???? and who will air it???
Posted 28 May 2004

MR NICE says
Sony might show it tomorrow or Saturday but I have seen no advert. It can't be Sunday because they are showing "Bagbhan". I have a feeling its going to be next Sunday.
Posted 28 May 2004

MR NICE says
Just hoping that "Laag" gets the award for best film because Rauf Khalid deserves it.
Posted 28 May 2004

shaby says
MR NICE said:

Just hoping that "Laag" gets the award for best film because Rauf Khalid deserves it.

LAAJ not laag
Posted 28 May 2004

MR NICE says
spelling mistake
Posted 28 May 2004

umair16 says
dont have a clue whats happening with the awards. lol

Theirs no information about the awards happening on the website or anywhere else.
Posted 28 May 2004

MR NICE says
For a full report on the awards then go www.dailytimes.com.pk.
Posted 29 May 2004

The awards show has already happened!

Posted 29 May 2004

umair16 says
By reading the artical looks like a good award show . . just wana know when isit coming on T.V now.
is that the pic os nirma...
Posted 29 May 2004

umair16 says
I HAVE JUST PASTED IT HERE FOR YOU GUYS TO READ .

DUBAI: On Thursday night, the lobby of the Novotel hotel was overrun by the who’s who of Pakistani society. From film actress Meera outfitted in a snug polka dot top to photographer Khawar Riaz sporting one of his usual white kurtas, to Samina and Usman Peerzada looking as elegant as ever, the stars of the film, fashion and television world had all gathered for the Lux Style Awards.

As model ZQ laughingly remarked: “It’s just so wonderful to see everyone together in one place.” Designer of Sublime, Sara Shahid, said that if nothing else, the Lux Style Awards had provided her with the opportunity to meet many fashion personalities she had previously only heard of. The mood was tense yet speculative as a few hours before the event, designer Hassan Sheheryar Yasin, blatantly admitted that he had no hopes of winning while Maheen Kardar Ali of Karma said that she was very hopeful. Meanwhile model ZQ refused to talk about the event and Board of Governor member Yusuf Sallahuddin was endlessly pestered to reveal the secrets of the envelope.

The results of the awards ended up creating quite a stir in the audience with more than a few shockers. The most surprising award was probably Best Fashion Photographer, which went to photographer Usman Saeed even though Rizwan Baig of Deevees or Ather Shahzad had been touted as sure-shot winners. One could also hear gasps and exclamations from the audience when Karma were declared the Best Women’s Wear designer over designers like Sana Safinaz who have many years of more experience than they do. However there were no surprises in the Best Hair and Makeup category which went to Nabila Maqsood, the Best Menswear designer which went to Deepak Perwani for the second time in a row, Best Bridal Wear designer which went to Faeza Samee (making it her second award too) and Best Male Model which went to Daniyal Arshad.

Though ZQ was a hot favourite in the Best Female Model category, many felt that the award was going to go to Eman Ali and so it was a pleasant surprise to see Zainab Qayum walk away with the statuette.

The most shocking results were the Viewer’s Choice Best Television Actress and Best Television Actor awards where Aamina Haq and Hummauyun Saeed walked away with awards while senior performers like Sania Saeed, Bushra Ansaria, Abid Ali and Faisal Qureshi looked on. There were fewer surprises in the Best Film Actor category where Shaan won for ‘Commando’ and the Best Film Actress category where Zara Sheikh was the winner for ‘Laaj’.

As expected the Best Music Album/Band went to Ali Zafar for ‘Hukka Pani’ and the Best Music Video award went to Shoaib Mansoor for ‘Anarkali’.

Whilst most celebrities just swept in on the day of the show, the stars of the show had been rehearsing for a few days prior to the actual event. This explained their puffy eyes and aching muscles, for as television actress Sadia Imam said: “I am so exhausted because the Indian choreographer has been working us tirelessly.”

Who were the stars of the show? The five beauty icons, fashion models Zainab Qayum and Aamina Haq, television actress Sadia Imam and film actresses Sana and Reesham. Each beauty icon was given a separate segment in the show, portraying a distinct aspect of beauty. The show began with Sadia Imam’s rendition of the power of beauty where she performed alongside the Shaolin Monks from Beijing: a riveting mixture of martial art moves and modern dance, this segment was a powerful start to the Lux Style Awards 2004.

The next segment dealt with the passion of beauty aptly narrated through the story of Mumtaz Mahal enacted by Reesham. The performance took the audience through the story of Mumtaz Mahal falling in love with Shah Jehan to the construction of the Taj Mahal and was a touching rendition of a legendary romance. The main objection that many in the audience had to this segment was the fact that the soundtrack of ‘Devdas’ was used as opposed to local music. “Are they trying to tell us that we don’t have sufficient talent in our music industry?” asked Tauqeer Ahmed who is the publisher of two fashion magazines.

From the subcontinent to the pyramids, the next segment dealt with the mystery of beauty with Zainab Qayum playing the role of an Egyptian queen. In complete contrast to the mystical Egyptian dances in this segment were the thumkas and matkas of the ‘romance of beauty’ segment presented by film actress Sana. The last segment explored the ‘celebration of beauty’ with Aamina Haq and a troupe of dancers presenting the Latino segment.

While the main attraction of the night were these five segments, equally entertaining performances were put in by singers Fakhir Mehmood (who revised one of his songs especially for the Lux Style Awards), Strings, who had the audience singing along to their popular hits, and Ali Zafar who threw the organizers into a frenzy by jumping off into the audience impromptu. But though our music stars did us proud, it was Indian sensation Sonu Nigam who carried the night. Sighs of, “I wish he had stayed on longer,” could be heard from many in the audience.

Indian actress Priyanka Chopra was also a hit with the audience since her performance was in many ways head and shoulders above the rest.

While film, television and music were all important components of the Lux Style Awards 2004, it was at the end of the day, a night to celebrate style. Stylist Tariq Amin was responsible for styling all celebrities for the night and he did a fantastic job by ensuring individual looks for each star. On display at the red carpet were clothes by designers Sara Shahid, Sana Safinaz, Hassan Sheheryar Yasin, Karma, Nickie Nina, Beegee, Nilofar Shahid, Deepak Perwani, Yasir Saeed and Ather Ali Hafeez.

As the show neared its end, discontent and disapproval was in the air and many could be heard complaining about either the event or the judging system. Yet few can disagree with the fact that the star of Pakistani fashion and glamour has hardly shone as brightly as it did in Dubai that night.
Posted 29 May 2004

out of topic few days ago I was in Dubai and attended the function becoz my host insisted me to where show was so called pakistani but dominated by indian stars and our idiot paksiatni actresses nirma,meera want to superceed indians in nudity.I felt ashamed to say these stars as pakistani
Posted 29 May 2004

umair16 says
TeenTracker said:

out of topic few days ago I was in Dubai and attended the function becoz my host insisted me to where show was so called pakistani but dominated by indian stars and our idiot paksiatni actresses nirma,meera want to superceed indians in nudity.I felt ashamed to say these stars as pakistani

what diid u mena nirmas and meera want to superceed indians in nudity . did they wear half naked cloths. . .
i ddint know mera did aswell . cos when ever Nima comes to the UK she all ways wear half naked stuff namking pakistani actresess look bad.
Posted 29 May 2004

MR NICE says
Another report on the awards can be found on www.nation.com.pk/daily/nationplus/may-2004/29/page1.htm..
Posted 29 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
some more pics! credit: 'gohan' from pakistanimedia.com

Posted 29 May 2004

MR PERFECT says
shaan looks a little fruity, but its ok. lol. he's still DA MAN!!

and how abt fuzon, peeps!! look @ their new image! i'm likin' it!

when the hell will sony air these awards????
Posted 29 May 2004

umair16 says
amnah haq looks awrsome . . i really wana watch the awards now.
Posted 29 May 2004

Reply to Topic