VEER-ZAARA "BLOCKBUSTER"SWADES ON THE WAY

31479 views 279 replies
Reply to Topic
Rain Man

Total Posts: 24391

Now since we know the name n we know when it'll be hittin the big screens, i've opened the TRD topic for the movie, n will be addin all upcoming infoz,pics,trailors,audio clips in this so...keep checkin for updates...

SRK RULEzZz!!!
Posted 30 Aug 2004

Rain Man says
oh yea...november comes n we'll have fun
Posted 12 Sep 2004

i saw the promos on tv...they werent soppused to come out yet but they did...and it looks sooo good...Rani i a lawyer who wants to get SRK and priety back together again it is awsome...
Posted 12 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
yupsiez
Posted 13 Sep 2004

Posted 13 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
Here is that 2.30 minute trailor which was shown in the start of DHOOM....

2004-09-14_050623_Veer-Zaara_Trailor.zip
Posted 14 Sep 2004

this movie isnt against pak is it? it better show good reputation of muslims
Posted 17 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
yea now they will since u've said it
Posted 17 Sep 2004

Bush_Blasta said:

this movie isnt against pak is it? it better show good reputation of muslims

srk will never work in a movie..that will against pak..
Posted 17 Sep 2004

Rafia says
¥Á§-D said:

Rafia said:

lol

yas urs says
"NOBODY DIES A VIRGIN...LIFE SCEWS YOU ANYWAY"

man i lik dat 1

imma honest man

i'd like 2bliv dat
Posted 18 Sep 2004

yaar the music is out can any one tell me that from where i can download the songs of veer zara
Posted 18 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
MUSIC REVIEW

Yash Chopra’s Veer-Zaara is the latest and the biggest talk of the tinsel town currently. From its title, theme and cast to its completion, the film has been an object of constant media speculation. Getting straight to the music of the film, which essentially is one of the prime reasons why the film has been under constant conjecture, it’s now a known fact that the film has music composed by yesteryear maestro – the late Madan Mohan.

The prolific composer had scored some of the best and the biggest hits from the early 50’s to the late 70’s. To refresh memories some of his golden compositions include songs like Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha (Anpadh), Kaun aaya mere man ke dware (Dekh Kabira Roya), Woh bhooli dastan lo phir yaad aa gayee (Sanjog), Naina barse rim jhim (Woh Kaun Thi?), Ab tumhare hawale watan saathiyon (Haqeeqat), Milo na tum to, Yeh duniya yeh mehfil (Heer Ranjha), Dil Dhoondta Hai Phir Wahi (Mausam) . Others may identify him as the original composer of current remix tunes like Jhumka Gira Re (Mera Saaya) and Kya Soorat Hai (Man Mauji) .

The music legend who unfortunately passed away at a young age had composed a bank of tunes while he was still going great as a musician. Yash Chopra specially selected those tunes from this unused collection that went in perfect sync with his movie theme. These 30-year-old eternal tunes were recreated by Madan Mohan’s son – Sanjeev Kohli and recorded in voice of contemporary singers. Incidentally though both Yash Chopra and Madan Mohan were from the same era, they never worked together before this album. (An example of a musician’s tunes being used after he passed away is in case of 1942 – A love Story where RD Burman’s memorable compositions were recreated by his erstwhile assistant Babloo Chakrabarthy).

Over to Veer-Zaara…

The album opens with mellow string notes of the track Tere Liye (the interludes of which are currently aired in the promos of the film). In the melodious vocals of Roop Kumar Rathod and the evergreen Lata Mangeshkar, this makes for a slow (but steady) start for the album. This emotional track appears to be the theme song of the Veer-Zaara, interludes of which are usually played in the background at several instances in the film. Lata’s vocals do tend to get somewhat sharp on treble notes but overall the track refrains from getting to high pitch.

After a poignant start, the album takes a peppy turn with Main Yahan Hoon. Udit Narayan vibrates his voice and lends an effervescent feel to his solo number. A typical Shahrukh number, the song has a vivacious feel to it.

Udit Narayan and Lata Mangeshkar get along for Yeh Hum Aa Gaye Hai Kaha. Though the song title may sound like an inversion of a track “Yeh Kaha Aa Gaye Hum” from one of Yash Chopra’s earlier films Silsila, the tune is far from it. Nevertheless it’s a melodious tune catching up instantly. A refreshing romantic duet this may turn out to be the most popular song of the album!

Gurdas Mann opens the fervent Punjabi flavored Aisa Des Hai Mera and Udit Narayan soon takes over the track. An inspiring song in praise of the motherland, Javed Akhtar gets to his usual best with his practical down-to-earth lyrics. In fact rather than admiration of Des (nation), the song is more targeted towards a man’s love for his village/town and its way of life. Thematically it reminds of the song Ghar Aaja Pardesi from Chopra’s earlier film DDLJ. Gurdas returns to add the bhangra touch with interludes of Punjabi folk tunes like Ye Desh Hai Veer Jawano Ka and Reshmi Salwar Kurta Jaali Ka (also used in yesteryear films) interspersed in between. Lata Mangeshkar makes a late appearance in the track and points out how similar is the neighboring country (Pakistan) with this des (India). Small time singer Preetha Mazumdar also gets to croon a few lines in the song and incidentally is the only other female voice (after Lata Mangeshkar) in this album.

Do Pal by Sonu Nigam and Lata Mangeshkar is a touching track and essentially has that touch of 60-70. The light metal percussions (which were an essential element of SD Burman compositions) make that more evident.

Yash Chopra goes beyond the microphone for the first time in Kyun Hawa. But hold on… he isn’t singing but just gives a commentary for the track. Faintly reminiscent of Amitabh Bachchan’s prologue in the song Yeh Kahan Aa Gaye Hum (Silsila), Chopra’s heavy-worded foreword seems to be slightly stretched out by the time Sonu and Lata Mangeshkar take charge of the mike.

Hum To Bhai Jaise Hain, a Lata Mangeshkar solo is a fun-frolic song about ‘I will be the way I am’. A youthful and joyful track as far as it lasts! Hussain brothers (Ahmed and Mohd.) get together for a traditional qawalli Aaya Tere Darr Par Deewana. The tune is restricted within the conventional qawalli domain with the customary tabla arrangements and vocal pitch variations (and without much experimentation). The song appears be set in the climax of the movie.

Udit-Lata-Gurdas Mann get together once again for the Punjabi track Lodi (which stands for the Punjabi festival of fire). Basically a male-female ched-chad song with a frothy folk feel, it is in the lines of Soni Soni Akhiyo Wali (Mohabbatein) . Gurdas Mann dominates the track while Udit plays the supporting singer here.

Two bonus tracks also feature on the CD in the sense that they won’t appear in the film but have been recorded as add-ons to the disc. Jagjit Singh and Lata Mangeshkar feature in the mellow ghazal Tum Paas Aa Rahe Ho while Jaane Kyun is a soft and slow solo song by Lata with a sonata thrown in between.

Veer-Zaara is a mixed bag varying from a rich collection of love songs to emotional tracks to a patriotic number, a qawalli, a folk song and a ghazal. While the first half of the album is instantly appealing the second half will slowly grow on you. At the end the outcome is pretty likeable.

Take a break from the world of techno music and remix item numbers. Dip into divine melodies with Veer-Zaara .

Rating: ***

(The Twin Audio CD pack comes with a bonus CD on ‘The Making of the Music’ presented by the late Madan Mohan with commentaries by Lata Mangeshkar and Yash Chopra.)
Posted 18 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
MAXIMUM PRINTS FOR VEER-ZAARA

With the craze for VEER-ZAARA building up with each passing minute, it's a foregone conclusion that this Yash Chopra film will take a historic start when it hits the screens on November 12.

Realizing the potential of the movie and the craze for it, Yashraj Films are going all out to reap the benefit during the festive season. Talk that the film will be released with the maximum number of prints seems oft-repeated now, but what's unknown is that the film will occupy the maximum screens throughout the country as well as in Overseas [where Hindi films are screened].

Like, for instance, Yashraj is planning to have 10 or more shows everyday at this popular multiplex in Mumbai, which means that at least 3 out of 5 screens of this multiplex will be reserved for VEER-ZAARA. At the rate the screens are being booked, the film should be released with approx. 550 + prints in the domestic market - the highest-ever for a Hindi film.

In the Overseas territory also, there's talk that the film will be released with 250 + prints, with the best screens reserved for VEER-ZAARA. Of course, the exact number of prints will be decided in days to come, since there's still one-and-a-half months left for the film to hit the marquee.

While VEER-ZAARA would take away the major chunk of screens this Diwali, the remaining releases in the fray - AB TUMHARE HAWALE WATAN SATHIYO, MUSAFIR, AITRAAZ, HULCHUL, NAACH and ROK SAKO TO ROK LO - will have to strive hard to get the remaining screens.

However, there are whispers that at least 3 [or more] films will back out from this race. Which ones, did you ask. Keep watching this space - like always, we'll be the first to let you know about it!
Posted 18 Sep 2004

MR NICE says
Charizmatic go to coolgoose.com.
Posted 18 Sep 2004

yaar no results on coolgoose i have searched that
Posted 18 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
charizmatic said:

yaar the music is out can any one tell me that from where i can download the songs of veer zara

ofcourse, i'll let u download it off my computer but...

u gotta download this program first...follow the link n save it...

when u done download the Bit Tornado

download the whole album off this...
Posted 18 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
MAIN QUAIDI NUMBER SAAT SAU CHIYASI
JAIL KI SALAKHON SE BAAHIR DEKHTA HOON
DIN MAHEENAY SAALON KO YUG MEIN BADALTE DEKHTA HOON

ISS MATTI SE MERE BAUJI KE KHETON KI KHUSHBOO AATI HAI
YEH DHOOP MERI MATTI KI THANDI CHAAS YAAD DILATI HAI
YE BAARISH MERE SAAWAN KE JHOOLON KO SANG SANG LAATI HAI
YEH SARDI MERI LODI KI AAG SEK KAR JAATI HAI

WOH KEHTE HAIN YEH TERA DES NAHIN
PHIR KYON MERE DES JAISA LAGTA HAI
WOH KEHTA HAI MEIN USS JAISA NAHIN
PHIR KYON MUJH JAISA WOH LAGTA HAI

-Veer Pratap Singh...
Posted 18 Sep 2004

Posted 18 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
i think none of u downloaded the album yet...

the songs are awesome, my fav so far is...

Aisa Des Hai Mera
Posted 19 Sep 2004

i think you can download it from the website
yasrajfilms.com

i wanna hear the music
Posted 22 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
lol i don't think u can download it off their site, since they wan make money too...but i think all u can hear is lil previews of the songs...thats all...

ne ways imma keep the link for two more days if u guys wana download cuz i burned the CD n after that i'll delete the link
Posted 22 Sep 2004

SanjuBaba says
Why u guys wanna hear the song anyway. I heard them they are awful. Worst music I have heard . Wait for the Music of Musafir its gonna be better than any other.
Posted 23 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
watever man...
Posted 23 Sep 2004

Lily says
hey guys u can also listen to the songs from smash*ts.com
Posted 23 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
yea but the quality sux in Smash*ts.com
Posted 23 Sep 2004

advertisement
Posted 24 Sep 2004

HUM TU BHI JESAY HEIN WESAY HI RAHENGAY

i have heard only this song by lata sounds gr8 i like it
Posted 24 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
there are more
i just got the CD of SWADES...
Posted 24 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
VEER-ZAARA- A Class Of It's Own

On September 18, when the music of Yash Chopra's latest film Veer-Zaara was launched, I went over to meet an old man who owns a music store near my house.

I don't know his name; I call him Uncle. We have similar interests, one of them being listening to old Hindi film music. Both of us had eagerly awaited the release of late composer Madan Mohan's music in the film, starring Shah Rukh Khan, Preity Zinta and Rani Mukerji.

Yash Chopra had told rediff.com in an interview that one of his greatest regrets in life was that he could not work with Madan Mohan. One of his favourite songs composed by Madan Mohan is Lag ja gale from Woh Kaun Thi.

I asked Uncle if he liked the music of Veer-Zaara but he could not judge it at one go. He said he would have to listen to it a couple of times to enjoy it.

And that is exactly what I felt too, after listening to the music.

It will disappoint you at first, but if you listen to it repeatedly, the music will grow on you.

Tere liye is catchy and soothing to the ears.

Main yahan hoon -- sung by Udit Narayan -- is beautiful, but I wonder why the Punjabi hit song Laung dawaja is introduced in it.

The same goes for Aisa des hai mera, which has bits of the Naya Daur song Yeh desh hai nau javanon ka. The song has all the Punjabi traits like any other Yash Chopra film, and is sung by Gurdas Mann, Pritha Majumder, Udit Narayan and Lata Mangeshkar. Yeh hum aa gaye hai kahaan and Hum to bhai jaise hai are passable.

Do pal has outstanding lyrics, and is a very touching song. Sonu Nigam has done a good job in this.

But the best song in the album is undoubtedly Kyon hawa, again sung by Sonu Nigam. Lata Mangeshkar accompanies him, along with a narration by Yash Chopra.

The qawwali Aaya tere dar par sung by Ahmed Hussain and Mohammed Hussain will take you back to the 1960s. But the song seems to be a mismatch when heard against the contemporary music. It does not fall into the same category as Tumse milke dil ka haal in Farah Khan's Main Hoon Na.

Lodi by Gurdas Mann and Lata Mangeshkar is the usual Punjabi song. It's good but does not match Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge's hit, Mehndi laga kar rakhna.

I wonder why two songs, Tum paas aa rahe ho (sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Jagjit Singh) and Jaane kyon (Lata Mangeshkar) are not included in the audio cassette, and the movie as well. These two feature exclusively on CDs.

Due credit must be given to Javed Akhtar for his outstanding lyrics. Madan Mohan's son Sanjeev Kohli -- also the CEO of Yash Raj Films -- recreated the music, and RS Mani has arranged it.

All the male singers have done a commendable job but Lata Mangeshkar disappoints. If you compare her voice now to some of her earlier songs like Naina barse of Woh Kaun Thi, you will be disappointed.

If you love classical music, then Veer-Zaara's music will definitely appeal to you. But if you prefer funky music like that in Dhoom, this is not for you!

In another move to promote curiosity about his new film, Yash Chopra has not allowed radio and television stations to air songs from Veer-Zaara for a while. Yash Raj Films has tied up with MTV to offer exclusive clips from his film, as well as catch up on Chopra's earlier hits.
Posted 24 Sep 2004

excellent review yaar. by the way, is that u ur avator?
Posted 24 Sep 2004

Rain Man says
yea thatz me

u know how he said after listenin the music of veer zaara first time u won't like it much but after 3 four times, u'll start lovin it...well thats wat happened with me, at first i liked tere liye n aisa des now i like 7 songs from it...

the ghazals are too damn slow
Posted 25 Sep 2004

Reply to Topic