Saima VS. Madhuri

24527 views 220 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

just curious people.

who's better in your opinion?! who's the TOTAL PACKAGE: acting ability, looks, hit movies, drawing power, dominance over their fellow actresses and so on?!

please keep this in mind when answering...

-only vote if you've ACTUALLY WATCHED LOLLYWOOD movies and KNOW who saima is. lol. don't say madhuri just because u've seen freakin' devdas and have not seen a pakistani movie to date. lol.

my answer...i think most of us already know!!

SAIMA, if for no other reason than she's PAKISTANI!!!!

Posted 05 Jun 2003

Reema says
my family in pk lives not in a city but in a town near Jhelum....good area....i love it to bits...[:D]where r u lot from? i wud love to live in lahore and jst bump into Reema or any other actress/actor....how cool na!
u know what phase us women in our house r going thru....guess.....well its called 'hate bollywood films coz they r boring and typical'.
have u seen Khusi starring Kareena...shit..wasted my time and money...so crap....they bloody fight over whether he's seen her kamar or not..[^]..how stupid...so utterly predictable and dumb
Posted 09 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
my family's from lahore! i recently went there and belive it or not, its not that easy to bump into these stars! 99.9% of them live in model town tho...next time i go...i'm making a trip 2 that area of lahore! lol.

as for the phase you guys r going thru....LOL. i have boycotted all bollywood movies for quite some time now. after hearing one too many copied songs, i lost ALOT of respect for them, and stopped watching their movies altogether. but my sisters have continue to watch, and they claim the same thing u do....bollywood movies are getting repetitive and boring!

its funny isn't it?! people (pakistani's incuded...in fact MOSTLY pakistani's) complain that lollywood is getting repetitive and their stories are the same again and again. u would expect more from bollywood what with their BIG-ASS budgets and "bigger name" stars, right?!! but no...they continue to rip off of other people's work. shameless!! lol.

the next movie i see within the week, is going to be humayon gujjar! now THAT should be good...!
Posted 09 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
has anyone heard of the new movie "bandish" coming out?! its got the dynamic duo (shaan, saima) resham, shafqat cheema and a host of others in it. it deals with anger, and how its haraam in islam to get angry. apparently, the director says two or three scenes are VERY emotional, and resham has outdone herself. should be interesting........
Posted 10 Jul 2003

Reema says
U know when i went to pk last summer i got 3 pk song films and it has all the songs from Hamayun Gujar and a few scenes.....the songs are nice....obviously has Saima so u wud enjoy it.....
Yeah u r right about Bollywood movies...its nothing but same old things...elaborate clothes, handsoem boy, sexy girl and their love story...and a few dancing numbers [angrypirat]
in some ways our films try to capture and press upon the weaknesses of our society like the marriage to Qur'an in Mehndi waley haath which is good!
Posted 10 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
can't wait 2 see humayon gujjar! u have any idea who the song "paindee barsat ve" is picturised on?? saima or sana? just curious...

you're right about lollywood slowly getting better by trying to bring major issues into their movies, and educate the people. mendhi wale hath was an outstanding movie. the songs were great as well. this new movie bandish should be good too. i had no idea getting angry was bad in islam?? i guess the movie will fill me in....
Posted 10 Jul 2003

Reema says
Nah! no idea who that song is picturised on.....
whoa how can u not know Ghusa(anger) is haram in Islam..[alieneyesa].
well now u know anyway....do u have any paksitani channels...if not then get one...Prime TV is good...us lot have that...it has lots of good religious programmes...us lot really need to listen to them coz generally the new generation isn't aware of the proper rules of Islam...
how old r u? [B)] don't be shy.....tell tell!!
Posted 11 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
really..i had no idea that ghusa was gunnah..shame on me i guess. lol. i don't get angry often tho, but rest assure, i've been agered for the last time, after hearing this!

over here in the Great White North, international satellites are illegal for some odd reason. however when i herd that PTV was available on a certain system, i stormed out and bought one! lol. so 2 answer your question, although its not legal, i DO get PTV over here in canada!! u're right...the religion shows are very much needed and are extremely informative. my favorite show however is Public Boltee Hai!! I love how the host tours lahore and catches people off-gaurd. LOL.

as for how old i'am...21 years young, thank you! not shy at all! lol.

oh yeah....u said u 2 were a humaira arshad fan right?! any idea on when her next album is coming out???!!
Posted 11 Jul 2003

Reema says
i love PBH as aswell...its wicked seeing all the sites and the ppl and knowing what kinda ppl they r...[alieneyesa]the host is so funny..and cute
sorry i have no idea what Humera's new album will be but that new video of hers is good...[:D]
u know i thought u probabaly were 30 or something coz ajj kal ke larkey (the boys now a days) only are into Banghra music/hollywood+bollywood films.....its good to hear someone as young as u is into pk films even if they r not as popular as other ones..
Posted 12 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. thank you. i don't understand how guys or even girls my age CAN'T like lollywood?!! its the best! all they need to do is give it a chance, and they'd be surprised at how good a movie we pakistani's can make!

the host of public boltee hai is a joker! he's great. we both share the same first name...just another reason why he's cool with me! lol.

as for humaira arshad's new ablum, i cant wait till it comes out. and you're right...the new video is kick-ass! did u know she learned her trait (singing) from another one of my favorites, ustaad nusrat fateh ali khan?!!! thats y i like her so much...she respects her seniors, and she's not like most of these new singers. she has some class! wouldn't u agree?!
Posted 12 Jul 2003

saima needs a break.... so time for replacement. lollywood best tab ho ga jab best movies hoon gie hoop they will do it. Nfakfan plz face the reality
Posted 13 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. mr. shahrukh...for me....lollywood is the best, regardless of where they stand. who cares if they can't make movies with big budgets?!!? not me. who cares if we don't have younger hero's and heroines?!!? not me. who cares if our quality is a little worse than india's?! i sure don't. for me...the plain and simple fact that the actors and actresses are pakistani is enough, for me to support them and watch their movies. if the movie is the same old stuff (gujjar's etc.) so what?!??!! i happend to enjoy it! lollywood jaisay bhi hai aaj kal...it doesn't matter! lollywood is the best!! lol.
Posted 14 Jul 2003

Reema says
well said NFAKFAN! we don't care if pk movies r supposedly crap, a little less in quality and not 'best' coz we r paksitani and no matter what happens we will still suppport them.....
another thing is even if not at a faster rate our films are still getting best....they are superb and the best in the world.....anyway if bollywood and hollywood doesn't let go of their old actors+ actresses eg Rekha, Amitabh then why shud our Saima take a break...she's there coz ppl want her to be there so no matter what others say she ain't goin no where my man [cannibal]
Posted 16 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
good points reema!

slowly but surely lollywood movies are getting better in quality both musically and production wize (picture, sound, locations etc.). prime examples are upcoming movies like larki punjaban, pehla pehla pyar, salakhein, laaj, and the much rumoured remake of umrao jaan! we're doing okay if u ask me...

and as for saima not taking a break...another valid point! these other actors/actresses stick around, so why not saima?!! her name carries a lot of stock for pakistani film-go-ers, and so pairing it with a big movie such as the ones mentioned above could mean excellent business for lollywood!
Posted 16 Jul 2003

I am back every body how is life sorry for late replies.NFAKFan sahib aap ka saima ka bhoot to kum nahin hua
Posted 18 Jul 2003

Reema says
NFAK FAN did u see larki panjaban's new song on PTV prime....its so wicked..it goes 'dil yeh tujh pe bar bar aah gaya'...and saima looks terrific....she doesn't need a break....so a new film of Umrao jaan..i was thinking of making that film.....i have such a high passion for being a lollywood director....i even have a script...its supposed to be a love story (obviously) but somehow different and have a modern air to it....its called Tum se Pyar hai...its my dream...[^]
Posted 18 Jul 2003

But what about their talent, their is not such talent in Pakistani actresses as you dream for.....????????
Posted 18 Jul 2003

Reema says
Who says there isn't talent in pk actresses? [:(!]
i see it all the time on the tv but i guess u haven't got the same eyes as me! i also think u r into indian and english movies so u wudn't know what i'm on about bro! [angel]so no ponit arguing with u.
Posted 18 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
first things first....WELCOME BACK TRACKER JINAAB!! While i'm glad you're back, you're only going to disagree with what we saima fans are talking about, so in a way i'm a little upset that you're back. LOL. (J/k). you're opinion is always appreciated by me, you know that!

secondly miss reema, I MISSED THE LARKI PUNJABAN SONG ON PTV!!!!! SHIT!!!!!! I've been combing that channel day and night in hopes of seeing anything related to nusrat, humaira, or lollywood, and once in a while they'll show me something! but i completely missed the song which you speak of. DAMNIT!!!!! and they showed saima too?!! CRAP! i'm not changing the channel from this day forward. lol. i'm glad saima looked good. thanks for filling me in..

as for the remake of umrao jaan, i heard that 2-3 directors are making sassi punno, and heer ranja. so sayed noor went another direction and decided to make umrao jaan. the lead is a big mystery. apparently, every lollywood actress is vying for that role. the two frontrunners are meera, and who else (since its a sayed noor movie) SAIMA!!!!! in my humble opinion, this role BELONGS to saima. i honestly don't see any of these newer actresses filling the role of an age old character. saima fits the bill 2 a tee! i hope noor goes with his usual pick!

and as for your movie...i would definately go to see it! i trust your views based on our discussions! lol. so i would go and see your movie! good luck! [;)]

and finally, your comment on talent in actresses in lollywood...once again you're 110% RIGHT! there's plenty of talent. if these people would just give lollywood a chance....!

Posted 18 Jul 2003

I QUITE PERSONALLY WUDN'T CHOOSE N E 1 OF THEM! MAD'S TOO OLD, AND SAIMA'S TOO FAT! (NO OFFENCE TO N E OF THEIR FANS)

Posted 20 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
none taken canadian cutie. where u from? T-DOT?!!!
Posted 20 Jul 2003

NAH, FROM CALGARY
Posted 21 Jul 2003

Bhai :Log Salam NFAK Bahi main aaj kal zara beemar tha is liye nahin aa saka insha Allah ab main wapis aa gaya hoon so enjoy
Posted 22 Jul 2003

saieen says
aainnn teen G! kaya huwa?beemari or app ko main nahi manta :/
kahin saima pur behus kur kur keh tu aisa kuch nahi hu gaya :/
Posted 22 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
HA-HA saieen....very funny!

teen sahib, i'm glad you're back. like i said...it was empty without your saima-bashing. lol.

and FYI saieen...teentracker was sick because he DIDN'T talk about saima (negatively OR positively)! lol. the lack of saima-conversation got to him. lol. (j/k)
Posted 22 Jul 2003

lolz Saien Jee and NFAK Jee Saima is it self a beemari (Nasoor To LollyWood) woh mujhe kya beemar karay gee
Posted 23 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
saima is not a bimaree for lollywood.....she's one of the cure's! lol.
Posted 23 Jul 2003

saieen says
yups am agree she is injurious to health :/ for teen agers :p
Posted 24 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. you're a joker saieen...lol.
Posted 24 Jul 2003

Saieen is not joker saima is pathetic
Posted 24 Jul 2003

MR PERFECT says
.....says u tracker sahib!

people with an eye for talent, disagree!! [;)] (j/k)
Posted 24 Jul 2003

Reply to Topic