Saima VS. Madhuri

24602 views 221 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

just curious people.

who's better in your opinion?! who's the TOTAL PACKAGE: acting ability, looks, hit movies, drawing power, dominance over their fellow actresses and so on?!

please keep this in mind when answering...

-only vote if you've ACTUALLY WATCHED LOLLYWOOD movies and KNOW who saima is. lol. don't say madhuri just because u've seen freakin' devdas and have not seen a pakistani movie to date. lol.

my answer...i think most of us already know!!

SAIMA, if for no other reason than she's PAKISTANI!!!!

Posted 05 Jun 2003

BRAVO
Posted 06 Aug 2003

i had to make an id for this particular post....i find it quite absurd... there is no comparison what so ever between saima and madhuri...u call saima "pakistan's madhuri"... but do u call madhuri "India's Saima"??? LOL... i think even reema is better lookin than saima and she is no where near madhuri. btw i am paki too but it doesnt mean i am gonna side with saima just because she is paki..the truth is she is not at all talented..plus she has like a huge face which takes up the whole screen.
Posted 06 Aug 2003

i had to make an id for this particular post....i find it quite absurd... there is no comparison what so ever between saima and madhuri...u call saima "pakistan's madhuri"... but do u call madhuri "India's Saima"??? LOL... i think even reema is better lookin than saima and she is no where near madhuri. btw i am paki too but it doesnt mean i am gonna side with saima just because she is paki..the truth is she is not at all talented..plus she has like a huge face which takes up the whole screen.
Posted 06 Aug 2003

Posted 06 Aug 2003

didnt menat to post it like 3x...sorry
Posted 06 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
thanks Noor-E-Sahar!

and xoxuknowmexox first things first, WELCOME!

now be honest bro...have u even seen any saima movies??? lol.

madhuri is known more, so thats y u would call saima 'pakistan's madhuri' and not visa versa. as far as comparing them goes, they're both similar in age, weight, and acting talent. if u watched more than one saima movie, u'd see that. like her or love her, she can act better than any other pakistani actress in my opinion. as for her face taking up the entire screen, have u seen madhuri's teeth?? lol. they're as big as saima's face. lol. (j/k).

anyhow...u're entitled 2 u're own opinion. if u don't think there's any comparison...so be it.
Posted 06 Aug 2003

ok i respect her she is my aunti
Posted 06 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
chalo aisay he sahee! lol.
Posted 06 Aug 2003

first of all i am a sis not a bro....second...madhuri is famous for her smile...so i dunno where u get from...third...i hv seen saima's movies..in chooriyaan she looked muamar rana's mom....and yes her face is huge...ghoray ka face lagta hai..itna lumba hai
quote:
Originally posted by NFAKFan

thanks Noor-E-Sahar!

and xoxuknowmexox first things first, WELCOME!

now be honest bro...have u even seen any saima movies??? lol.

madhuri is known more, so thats y u would call saima 'pakistan's madhuri' and not visa versa. as far as comparing them goes, they're both similar in age, weight, and acting talent. if u watched more than one saima movie, u'd see that. like her or love her, she can act better than any other pakistani actress in my opinion. as for her face taking up the entire screen, have u seen madhuri's teeth?? lol. they're as big as saima's face. lol. (j/k).

anyhow...u're entitled 2 u're own opinion. if u don't think there's any comparison...so be it.

Posted 06 Aug 2003

obvioulsy she is known more cuz of her talent and beauty...she left a mark all over the world...where as saima......1 out of 6 pakis on this form think she is good...madhuri is winning hands down....including urself..... and u compared saima to other paki actresses...now thats legit....ur form should hv been saima vs reema....or saima vs other PAKI actress..cuz deep down u even know that madhuri would rip her apart with her acting, dancing skills...and ofcourse her beauty..

thanks Noor-E-Sahar!

"madhuri is known more, so thats y u would call saima 'pakistan's madhuri' and not visa versa."
"she can act better than any other pakistani actress in my opinion."
Posted 06 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. i KNEW i shouldn't have wrote 'bro' without asking first. lol. sorry!

as far as saima goes...her face is not long. i don't know where u get THIS from?? if anything its more 'traditional-looking' as is madhuri's. they both look old-school, while these newer actresses look similar (too modern - atleast in my opinion).

and as for saima looking like mommer's mom in chooriyan, you're right, no doubt. she looked a little older...but people ignored that. thats obvisously why it was the single biggest punjabi movie in pakistani history! and madhuri doesn't exactly look like a school-girl either. u may have heard of her upcoming movie in which a younger man falls in love with a MUCH MUCH older woman. i'll give you one guess as to who that older woman will be. so age doesn't matter. the couple does! shahrukh is also ALOT younger than maduri. she looked like his mom in many movies. yet they remain a winning pair, and so are mommer/saima.

the bottom line is, saima is for pakistan what madhuri/sri devi were for india, atleast in my opinion. wheather we like them or not, they have been at the VERY TOP of the indistry, and for good reason: they all had talent. and thats the basis on which i'm comparing them mainly! age and the rest of that stuff is relevant, but secondary in comparison!
Posted 06 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
i'm not putting down madhuri's talents! as u said....even I admit that she gets the nod, overall. i'm not crazy! lol.

but saima's no slouch either. for me...her being pakistani is enough! i didn't speak for everyone....ONLY MYSELF when i said i think she's better due to her being paki! to me....that matters! lol. so while the end result of this poll is madhuri is somewhat better, i still prefer saima, simply because she's pakistani! sue me! lol.
Posted 06 Aug 2003

hahahahah madhuri never looke dliek shahrukh's mother.! and plus the movie that u r talkin abt...in which a young guy falls in love with and older woman...well taht makes sense...thats what teh story is demanding...so they picked madhuri....but the story line for chooriyaan wasnt that...lets just say bad selection...cuz they look ugly together....on top of that i never said madhuri looks young
she is married and has a kid....and she also looked like akshay khanna's mother in mohabbat....so yeah she aint young...and "chooriyan' was a huge hit.....i wouldnt even watch it twice...and u hv odd reasons for pickin saima....LOL..she is paki so u picked her.... INTERESTING!! i thought thsi form was askin abt talent didnt know it was based on ethnic background.
quote:

lol. i KNEW i shouldn't have wrote 'bro' without asking first. lol. sorry!

as far as saima goes...her face is not long. i don't know where u get THIS from?? if anything its more 'traditional-looking' as is madhuri's. they both look old-school, while these newer actresses look similar (too modern - atleast in my opinion).

and as for saima looking like mommer's mom in chooriyan, you're right, no doubt. she looked a little older...but people ignored that. thats obvisously why it was the single biggest punjabi movie in pakistani history! and madhuri doesn't exactly look like a school-girl either. u may have heard of her upcoming movie in which a younger man falls in love with a MUCH MUCH older woman. i'll give you one guess as to who that older woman will be. so age doesn't matter. the couple does! shahrukh is also ALOT younger than maduri. she looked like his mom in many movies. yet they remain a winning pair, and so are mommer/saima.

the bottom line is, saima is for pakistan what madhuri/sri devi were for india, atleast in my opinion. wheather we like them or not, they have been at the VERY TOP of the indistry, and for good reason: they all had talent. and thats the basis on which i'm comparing them mainly! age and the rest of that stuff is relevant, but secondary in comparison!

Posted 06 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
madhuri doesn't look like shahrukh's mother, yet saima looks like mommer's??? if u say so.....!! u obvisouly have not seen koyla. lol.

i'm not sure what you meant by that comment on chooriyan and you not watching it twice?! bottom line remains, it holds most if not all pakistani records in the punjabi movies category! you may not have liked it (if thats what you meant), but many pakistani's disagree. numbers don't lie! and after that movie's release, it was a known fact in lollywood, that in order for movies to draw people, u need mommer/saima, or shaan/saima! so that couple is indeed a winning pair.

now as far as me picking saima for being pakistani, thats one of many reasons i picked her! the deciding reason...but one of many nonetheless! her talents compared to other pakistani actresses are second to none. thats why i didn't compare her to others in pakistan. she's already proven herself to be far superior to them, based on talents alone, with reema coming in a close second. i compared her to madhuri cause they're similar in talent, age, and many other things. they were known as - and maybe still ARE known as - the undisputed #1's in their respective country. thats y i compared them to each other!

(back to why i chose her over madhuri): saima caters to urdu speaking people as well as punjabi speaking people. she's one-upped madhuri in this sense!! thats another reason i give her a slight nod over madhrui!!

but again...all jokes aside, madhrui is somewhat better. i know that. i pick saima anyways, based on talent AND just because she's pakistani! nothing wrong there.

Posted 06 Aug 2003

yeah u r the only one here who thinks that...and yes i hv seen koyla..anywya no point to argue...u cant change my way of thinkin nor can u change others views by defending saima....samia sux in my opinion..cant even speak urdu....forget her punjabi....and as for madhuri...u can talk whatever abt her czu she aint my mom...i really dont care but i'll give credit where its due.
Posted 07 Aug 2003

kabira says
Hey NFAKFan
        Can i ask you somethin. do you know what it takes to be good acctress??? well let me show what you some things about you so called SAIMA.

Image Insert:

414.12 KB

just look at that.. Is that what you call Hot? just look at that face. Now you claim that saima is the same age as madhuri. Yea that could be true. But one thing about madhuri is that she looks young for her age. But on the other hand, look at saima, to me she looks like a drag queen.(kusara). And talkin about acting, i think rekha can do a better job than saima. Look at saima's belly up there. I mean when was the last time you saw madhuri's belly hang like that. Saima got a big blob on her belly. Man if you like women with big heads, big belly and a girl who looks like a girl then saima is the right choice for you.
Posted 07 Aug 2003

kabira says
sorry about the typo
i was just typing while i was talking on the phone.

but what i really meant to say was that

Hey NFAKFan
Can i ask you somethin. do you know what it takes to be good acctress??? well let me share some of my feelings and opinions towards SAIMA.

Image Insert:

414.13 KB

just look at that.. Is that what you call Hot? just look at that face. Now you claim that saima is the same age as madhuri. Yea that could be true. But one thing about madhuri is that she looks young for her age. But on the other hand, look at saima, to me she looks like a drag queen.(kusara). And talkin about acting, i think rekha can do a better job than saima. Look at saima's belly up there. I mean when was the last time you saw madhuri's belly hang like that. Saima got a big blob on her belly. Man if you like women with big heads, big belly and a girl who looks like a girl then saima is the right choice for you.
Posted 07 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
kabira...

no, i don't know what it takes to be a good actress. i'm not in hollywood, bollywood, or lollywood! But I do have criteria based on my own likes and dislikes, and whoever meets that criteria, for me, becomes a good actress. my main criteria happends to be talent...not talent to dance, or to sing, not talent to keep to a certain weight, or stay slim with no 'belly'...but talent to act - to evoke emotions from an audience! this is something that saima, wheather or not you admit it, does BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PAKISTANI actress in my opinion, making her THE BEST (among pakistani actresses). i can't and have not spoken for anyone else on this matter.

as far as calling her 'hot'....i never said she was. i said many things in regards to her, but i never said she was 'hot.' i don't judge people on how they look, evenif they ARE actors or actresses.

and madhuri looks young for her age???? OOOOKAY. whatever u say!

as for rekha being better...perhaps. but u talk about rekha's acting and then immediately bring up saima's belly??? whats up with that?! you compare ones acting to another's belly???!!!! common now!! lets go tit for tat. rekha, no doubt is a great actress, but i compared saima to madhuri. lets take one at a time!

and finally, i'll ignore your last comment! lol. saima's a great ACTRESS. you don't have to admit that (altho i don't know why you wouldn't), but lets show some respect for one of pakistan's most talented performers. don't bring up her belly and stuff like that. thats just wrong, man. but if putting her down makes you and everyone else who does the same sleep easier...so be it....

Posted 07 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
and lastly kabira, i don't know what it takes to be a good actress, but the way it looks......neither do you buddy. saima's got a belly, and she's old, so shes not a good ACTRESS??? that makes sense....(severe sarcasm) atleast i based my opinion on her movies and her ability.
Posted 07 Aug 2003

kabira sahib u r gr8 welcome to JB waisay kisi nay ek gana gaya hai "I wanna Fat Babe"
Posted 07 Aug 2003

what a nice outfit saima is wearing...LMAO.....nice goin kabira
Posted 07 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
xoxuknowmexox, in regards to your last reply...

'u cant change my way of thinkin nor can u change others views by defending saima' - i'm not trying to change anyone's view. i'm simply defending one of my favorite actresses. if ALL THESE people can't change MY mind, why would i try and change all of their's (mind)???

'saima sux in my opinion' - and you're entitled to that opinion. lol.

'cant even speak urdu....forget her punjabi' - how convenient?? forget what she does best and magnify what YOU see as one of her lowpoints (speaking urdu). and i have absolutely NO IDEA where you get the idea that she can't speak proper urdu??

'and as for madhuri... i'll give credit where its due' - funny how you'll give credit to madhuri for her accomplishments, but won't give saima any credit for her's in lollywood. double standard if u ask me.
Posted 07 Aug 2003

ummmmm if we talk abt double standards then u r one of em...dont point fingers at other talk abt urself first.... if u said that i am entitled to my opinion..which is "saima sux"...then what the heck do i need to give her props for???? u make no sense man!
Posted 08 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
thinking she 'sux' and giving her props are two different things, all-star! if u think she's no good, thats fine...again, its your opinion. but that doesn't mean you overlook her achievements, like chooriyan, and not give her credit for some of its success. giving her credit doesn't mean you abandon your opinion. i would use madhuri as an example, but i actually like her and give her credit for her accomplishments. however i'll use someone like amir khan as one. i think he sucks....but i give him credit for his successes. theres no doubting his accomplishments.

you obviously can't do the same....! its a shame, especially since saima is right up there as far as pakistani artists are concerned. however the both of us are wasting our time. neither madhuri NOR saima will lose any sleep over this debate. lol. we should save ourselves the trouble and chalk it up 2 a draw. u're clearly on the madhuri bandwaggon, while i prefer the saima bandwaggon! leave it at that.
Posted 08 Aug 2003

<quote>however the both of us are wasting our time. neither madhuri NOR saima will lose any sleep over this debate. lol. we should save ourselves the trouble and chalk it up 2 a draw. u're clearly on the madhuri bandwaggon, while i prefer the saima bandwaggon! leave it at that.</quote>

I am saying this from a month
I Personaly think Saima Sucks
Posted 08 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. thanks 4 reminding us u don't like saima, tracker jinaab. lol.

and i don't remember u leaving the debate a draw. u said u respect her (even if it is as an aunty!) but then u continued to put her down. lol. u said alot of things, but u never said lets end it at a draw, where u like others and i, like saima! but if thats what u want....i'm down with it..atleast as far as this post goes. lol.

what do u say ustaad jee??!!
Posted 08 Aug 2003

bha nfakfan i am here not to change ur mind as well as it will be impossible 4 u to change my mind then why we debate but thing is that we debate to keep us stay with each other not to humilate each other am i rite ustad jee
Posted 08 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
bilkul sahee! we're only having a friendly conversation. its like xoxuknowmexox said...madhuri is not her mom. lol. and saima certainly is not mine! and zara isn't your mom! nobody is related to these people. our dicussions are just that....discussions! thats what keep this board alive. lol.

lekin on this particular topic....mein to ketha hoon...hum sub, saima ka peecha chor detein hain. enough is enough now! nobody is changing anybodys mind! its a simple case of 'to each his own.' u like your people, and i like saima! end of story! agreed ustaadjee?!
Posted 08 Aug 2003

Madiha718 says
wow this is the most funniest thing i've ever read, i mean how crazy is this...saima vs. madhuri?? the person who made this topic either has no common sense or just wanted a great deal of attention(which he/she did get) Mr. NFAK, i dun understand ur reasons for liking saima more. your saying you like saima b/c she's "talented" n is the most famous n best actress of pakistan and b/c she's pakistani, rite? well in that case madhuri is also india's most famous n best actress. now y is that, that pakistani's are opposing saima and going for madhuri?? why is that not a single indian has written here and said something good abt saima? madhuri is not a little better but trillion times better then her. Bein a pakistani doesin mean u hav to like everything abt pakistan, that's kinda dumb. It's wrong to judge a person for just their looks but when they are in a profession like acting one has to make an opinion based on looks! saima is super ugly, madhuri is so damn pretty! i agree madhuri isn't skinny or has a good figure, but that's now. saima never had a nice body...even when she wuz young, atleast madhuri did!

Saima's dance: You'd wanna puke
Madhuri's dance: Can't take ur eyez off the screen

One should compare things that would make sense or atleast be close enough...it's such an insult to madhuri by comparing her to saima.
why dun u compare more reasonable things like paki models vs. indian models or paki dramas vs. indian dramas...NOW THAT MAKES SENSE!

Pakistan has a longggggggggg way to go in films: from technology, to actors, to dancing, to dialogues, to acting, to costumes n the list goes on and on...
Chooriyan wuz a really big hit in pakistan but ONLY in pakistan but a madhuri film is a HIT IN MANY COUNTRIES: devdas, dil to pagal hai, hum apkey hain kaun, beta, tezaab...need i say more??

paki movies are bukwaas....they should take some tips from their dramas. there are cinemas here built for indian films but not a single one for a paki movie? does that show the difference?? how come almost every paki knos madhuri but hardly any indian knows saima?? This is jus ridiculous how one would actually compare the two and SUPPORT SAIMA...i'm so shocked.
Posted 08 Aug 2003

kabira says
hey this is to everyone.
hey to be a GOOD paki acctress dont you need to know how to speak proper URDU?????

If that is true then,is saima capable of speaking proper urdu???

Second thing, if Saima is so great of an acctress, then why is it that no one in pakistan watches her for her acting, but they watch her movies for the skin she shows off and the belly that hangs from her body.

Image Insert:

32.95 KB

that is the skin that she shows off......

Image Insert:

32.18 KB

just look at that... that doesnt even look like a woman for crying out loud. she has a bigger head than me... And she is trying so hard to keep that belly in, but still its not working for her..
The picture speaks for it self.. Need I say more????
Posted 08 Aug 2003

Reply to Topic