Dating apps scam committed by criminal from inside prison

4630 views 104 replies
Reply to Topic
ritcha

Total Posts: 0

"It's one of the easiest ways to get money to be honest. If you've got a girl and she works and she's into you, why not ask her to send over money? Lawyers are the best obviously."
Jamie - not his real name - is in his early 20s .
For the last few years he made money by scamming women, usually those a lot older than him, who were looking for love.
He did this while in prison for an unrelated crime, using an illegal mobile phone he had hidden.
He was recently released and spoke to the BBC's File on 4 programme.
He says he will not commit the fraud again, and wants to make amends by exposing some of his tactics to serve as a warning to others.
'It was work'
"It was a last resort kind of thing, I just saw how easy it was," Jamie says.
"The most I ever got from a girl was £10,000... every week she was sending me £100, £200.
"I've forgotten her name now, I don't see it as a relationship, I [saw] it as work."
He says his accounts were blocked after the victims reported them, but he was never punished for the frauds.
He says people using dating apps should watch out for men contacting them who are a lot younger or "better looking", who start asking for money, especially if they have never met in person.
Jamie says he picked his targets by looking for those he thought likely to be lonely and lacking attention from others on the apps. His theory was that they would be more willing to "do anything" to avoid risk losing the connection.
And he says he would use his real photographs, confident that his looks would help lure victims in.
"I would go for older women and look for the desperation," he says.
"Keywords would be like 'I just want happiness' or something like that. I'll act cool at the start and if she talks back then I know she's interested just from my pictures.
"From then, that's when I start putting my game on, selling you dreams like 'I want a kid with you.'
"[I] just say everything that she wants to hear until she's fallen in love."
Until he felt that his victim was emotionally attached, Jamie said he wouldn't tell them he was in prison.
He claims that he often messaged women for months, charming them before revealing the fact.
When he did, he says he lied about the reason he was jailed, telling women it was for driving offences rather than violent crime.

Read related news:  joker game

Posted 23 Feb 2021

pagoyor983 says
Ever since the dawn of development, it seems the concepts of speed and quality have been at odds with each other I think we can all agree that it’s really hard to balance the two How do we get software developed quickly, without compromising quality Enter lean software development ?How the Lean Software Development Methodology… Read Article All You Need To Know About Lean Software Development
Posted 26 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Shop our incredible selection of bronze sculptures ?and Bronze Garden Statues at AllSculptures com Low Price Guarantee and FREE SHIPPING in the Continental United States
Posted 26 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Super sweet, super unique, and now iced! Skwezed Lychee Ice is unlike anything else you have ever vaped This stuff is seriously good and while many of our customers were unfamiliar with lychee juice ?before trying this juice, they have now become avid fans since having given it a shot If you are ready to try something new
Posted 26 Jan 2022

Canton Ohio s number 1 mobile car detailing ?company Offering mobile car washing, mobile oil changes, and many other mobile services
Posted 26 Jan 2022

Discover best tech services Dubai ?at Connect Tech. We provide an end-to-end IT solution and marketing service to help your business grow and have a better management of its operations. With our full suite of services, we can provide a customized approach to our clients.
Posted 26 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
North American Bancard is 2022 ISO of the Year - Voted Best ISO Partnership by Shaw Merchant Group. Our reputation for responsiveness, integrity and quality ... North American Bancard Agent Program
Posted 27 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
CryptoCrewz is an exclusive new culture. Championed in the tech world of NFTs and cryptocurrencies, with music and street fashion collabs, the CryptoCrewz brand will be a major part of the metaverse. NFT Music, NFT Art, merchandise and apparel, VR concerts. cryptocurrencies
Posted 27 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Popular Collection of Silver Engagement Rings at Cheapest Prices. Allegra N Co Offering High-Quality Popular Silver Engagement Rings for Women at Affordable and Cheap Prices, You can not find such high-quality cheap engagement rings anywhere else. Silver Engagement Rings
Posted 27 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Look for cute phone cases for your iPhone. Gurl phone cases is all about the unique. We offer a variety of aesthetic and cute phone cases, designed to add some personality to your phone. Protect your phone in style with a Gurl Case, Please visit our website to get upto 50% off, Thank You. cute phone cases
Posted 27 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Borrow Online lån uten kredittsjekk ?and a loan without a credit check here at a low interest rate of 2%. Fill in the request form and we will take care of the rest. Apply today to get your loan. Find the best loan of the day and small loans here. Visit our website and contact us. Response within 1 hour.
Posted 27 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Incoming takeaway service Recommendation & Promotion |Exclusive free shipping offer |Get Your food at meeting or 2-100 people set meal |Pre-ordered party food delivered on the same day|Kamadelivery.com, They also accept large-scale catering hk for large and small birthday parties, banquets, company events, friend gatherings or children's birthday parties, Kama is one of the leading catering service in Hong Kong. catering hk
Posted 27 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Promotional Emails, This is one of the most frequent types of email marketingcampaigns, and it’s the one you’re probably most familiar with. Right now, you probably have a promotional email from a brand in your inbox…or a few hundred. As a customer, I’ve found that these are frequently less planned or methodical than we’d want to see.
Posted 28 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Hemp has never felt this good! Discover THC-O – Hempire Innovations, Look for Popular Hemp Products at one Place, hemp derived cbd, Delta 8 THC, THC-O CBD , Hemp Creations, CBD & CBN, Or Know aboutBenefits of Cannabis, Charlotte, Wilmington, in North Carolina. Visit our website for more info, Your patronage helps Jared grow towards a Wilmington, NC storefront. THC-O
Posted 28 Jan 2022

maxobom says
We stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i’m following you. Look forward to finding out about your web page for a second time. Health Benefits
Posted 29 Jan 2022

soveda4966 says
Rotating iPad case ?& Covers: Rhino Cases UK, The Original Rotating iPad Case company Over 1 Million iPad Cases Sold Worldwide, Free Delivery on all UK orders,Pleasse visit our website for deals & offers. Get 10% off your next purchase and be eligible for free shipping when you subscribe.
Posted 29 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
We understand all 7 stages of Website design company in Bahrain and development, at each stage we guide you hand to hand and move forward in a organized manner to produce best of the best, once the product is in beta, we go for thorough testing and further as per your business needs we help you with Marketing also.
Posted 30 Jan 2022

Machine Embroidery Designs can accommodate your needs from start to finish. We will not leave you until we provide you the best embroidery designs that you need. As a responsible embroidery design company, we always want to leave a good impression with our customers about our work. With this, we treat our customers with respect and professionalism.
Posted 30 Jan 2022

We work with one of the largest manufacturers of Golf glove ?worldwide. Our days and weeks of testing multiple leather variations have allowed us to land on what we feel is the highest quality cabretta leather we could get our hands on. Add to that the meticulous detail behind our stitching, we truly feel that the balance of quality, softness, performance and style is unmatched.
Posted 31 Jan 2022

buy Follower, Like, Views, Plays & Subscriber for any Social Media Platform! Elevate your social media profile to new heights. Login & Select any of our services that suits you and instantly see your Likes Follower Views increase!
Posted 31 Jan 2022

Tigerwings mouse pad manufacturer ?located in ShiLong Town, DongGuan City, Guangdong Province, CHINA. Tigerwings mouse pad manufacturer supplier pays great attention to the R&D, production, and sales of high-quality custom mouse pads. As one of Tigerwings's multiple product series, custom gaming mouse pads series enjoy relatively high recognition in the market. The high quality rubber mouse pad are produced and supplied by the self-owned factory. It is a reliable and well-made product with stable performance and long service life which has a wide range of application
Posted 31 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Vape Kits | Shop E-Cigarette & Vape Kits at Best Price | UK ECIG STORE. We offer a wide range of vape kits from the best brands for all your vaping needs. Find a variety of styles ranging from the ideal vape kits to more advanced devices Order online with Free UK delivery over £20 Get your Vapes here. best e cigarette uk
Posted 31 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Explore about Ocala Church in Florida, Ocala and Marion County students will be compelled to take their walk of faith to the next step with strong youth and college and career ministry groups. Ocala.Church Sunday School and Children's Program, King's Kids has become a household name around Ocala because of its involvement in area neighborhoods and communities. Ocala Church
Posted 31 Jan 2022

pagoyor983 says
Explore how to make money on Snapchat- The huge compilation of how to make money online for beginners with or without a website provides invaluable steps to new internet entrepreneurs . how to make money with Shopify ,Starting a Shopify store is another way to make money online for beginners. Shopify allows you to easily create an online shop and integrate a payment gateway.
Posted 01 Feb 2022

soveda4966 says
ORDER YOUR FREE COLLAGEN TRIAL PRODUCTS BELOW! Join our mailing list and receive your coupon code to get one of the above Trial Products for free, ... Aesthetic Skincare
Posted 01 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Wir von Filter-Welt streben stets danach für alle Marken, welche Waschmaschinen sowie Trockner verkaufen, für sie einen passenden Ersatzfilter anbieten zu ...filter für miele trockner
Posted 01 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
A website’s design greatly determines how a company presents itself online and, more importantly, engages the audience Designers create legible, Click here ?for more details.
Posted 02 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Diamond Pro Wash is the pressure washing company you can trust in the Birmingham area Schedule your appointment today by calling 205 378 9729.Visit our website ?get to know more details. Thank You
Posted 02 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Shenyang Airoxy is a professional oxygen compressor machine ?supplier in China, our products also include nitrogen compressor and generator
Posted 02 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Discover essay writing service reddit ?- When you choose an essay writing service, it's important to be picky about which service you use. Choosing an essay writing service without a strong reputation or protections built-in for its clients can leave essay buyers open to getting caught by academic officials. This can lead to grade loss or even expulsion, depending on where the essay was submitted
Posted 02 Feb 2022

pagoyor983 says
Explore kraamcadeau pakket ?- Our products are made of organic material and last a long time. Our choice for minimalism and our versatile design ensure that you can enjoy our products for years to come. Most of our products can be used in more than one function, extending life, while our choice of materials allows our product to age better.
Posted 02 Feb 2022

Reply to Topic